PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen love fest thread.

BigRedChief
12-19-2004, 10:41 PM
When our new DL Jared Allen was asked by a reporter what he thought he'd say to the broncos after probably knocking the Broncos out of the playoffs he responded "Merry Christmas".

He's a boisterous leader in the locker room as a rookie. He's mainly a pass rusher in his first year but Plummer didn't pull that bootleg crap on him this time. He was the one that hustled down and picked up the ball in the end zone after it got knock out by Sapp.

What do you guys think, Can he be a leader on this team next year?

2bikemike
12-19-2004, 10:44 PM
When our new DL Jared Allen was asked by a reporter what he thought he'd say to the broncos after probably knocking the Broncos out of the playoffs he responded "Merry Christmas".

He's a boisterous leader in the locker room as a rookie. He's mainly a pass rusher in his first year but Plummer didn't pull that bootleg crap on him this time. He was the one that hustled down and picked up the ball in the end zone after it got knock out by Sapp.

What do you guys think, Can he be a leader on this team next year?

I think so! I just hope he doesn't flame out ala Hicks.

BigRedChief
12-19-2004, 10:48 PM
I think so! I just hope he doesn't flame out ala Hicks.

Party Pooper :p

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Jared Allen kicks ass and electroslaps his wang!

Logical
12-19-2004, 10:55 PM
I just want him to continue to develop into a good player. Being a leader is a lot to ask at this point but if it happens wonderful.

SNR
12-19-2004, 10:56 PM
Jared Allen kicks ass and electroslaps his wang!Man. I wouldn't let my penis go near electric things. Makes me too nervous.

Rain Man
12-19-2004, 10:58 PM
You don't know what you're missing.

Cochise
12-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Can we get him a real defensive lineman's number yet?

Logical
12-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Man. I wouldn't let my penis go near electric things. Makes me too nervous.

Shocking....

....groan.

Count Zarth
12-19-2004, 11:20 PM
I really want KC to sign Michael Strahan. He and Allen would form a great pass rush tandem.

Michael Strahan fits the profile too.

Cochise
12-19-2004, 11:21 PM
I really want KC to sign Michael Strahan. He and Allen would form a great pass rush tandem.

Michael Strahan fits the profile too.

Getting a little long in the tooth these days...

Count Zarth
12-19-2004, 11:28 PM

He has a few good years left....I have no doubt he'd be a force to solidfy our D-Line.

HolmeZz
12-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Jared should be a stapl3 on your defense for years to come. I like the young talent we're beginning to disc0ver on our team, i.e. Allen, LJ, Parker, and Harts.

2bikemike
12-20-2004, 12:33 AM
He has a few good years left....I have no doubt he'd be a force to solidfy our D-Line.

I am not so sure he is 33 years old and coming off a fairly serious injury. Not sure how the Giants can let him go either. I can't remember what is deal was.

Count Zarth
12-20-2004, 12:41 AM
I am not so sure he is 33 years old and coming off a fairly serious injury. Not sure how the Giants can let him go either. I can't remember what is deal was.

He's a free agent, man.

Yes he had a bad injury but it's not career threatening. He had EIGHTEEN AND A HALF SACKS last year...he has some gas in the tank.

2bikemike
12-20-2004, 12:54 AM
He's a free agent, man.

Yes he had a bad injury but it's not career threatening. He had EIGHTEEN AND A HALF SACKS last year...he has some gas in the tank.

I don't think he's a FA here are the Giants FA.

Willie Ponder WR ERFA
Greg Walker OT ERFA
Frank Walker CB ERFA
TJ Hollowell LB ERFA
Curry Burns S ERFA
Derrick Ward RB ERFA
Kendrick Allen DT ERFA
James Maxwell LB ERFA
Wayne Lucier C ERFA
Jack Brewer S RFA
Ron Dayne RB UFA
Jim Finn FB UFA
Michael Cloud RB UFA
Jesse Palmer QB UFA
Brandon Winey OT UFA
Lance Legree DT UFA
Steve Christie PK UFA

Valiant
12-20-2004, 12:58 AM

What are you watching reruns of last year??? His injury at that age is not a good sign.. If he wants to come here cheap fine... But that guy has juan gonzolaz written all over him only chiefs style...

BigRedChief
12-20-2004, 08:58 AM
What are you watching reruns of last year??? His injury at that age is not a good sign.. If he wants to come here cheap fine... But that guy has juan gonzolaz written all over him only chiefs style...

I'm going to have to agree with this. He's going to want the big bucks and will he be worth it?

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Jared Allen (and Dalton) is the only guy on D I'd consider 'untouchable'. The rest can be replaced today for all I care.

Frankie
12-20-2004, 09:04 AM
I just want him to continue to develop into a good player. Being a leader is a lot to ask at this point but if it happens wonderful.

More than lack of talent our 'D' roster suffers from lack of leadership. All of our team-leaders are on offense (Green, Gonzo, Priest, Shields...). I think JA has the attitude to be a 'D' team leader on the field and (from what we hear) in the locker room.
:thumb:

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 09:06 AM
Typically MLB is the 'leader' on D... he's the guy that usually calls the plays in the defensive huddle. We need a leader there (IMO, that was Maz's strength).

BigRedChief
12-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Jared Allen (and Dalton) is the only guy on D I'd consider 'untouchable'. The rest can be replaced today for all I care.

Warfield is a keeper. He has his moments that he looks like burntee but he's a keeper.

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 09:17 AM
Warfield is a keeper. He has his moments that he looks like burntee but he's a keeper.

Only if he's willing to take a pay cut.

xfactor
12-20-2004, 09:25 AM
JA is so awesome. I'm totally sold on this kid. I absolutely love everything about him. Got to spend time with him at SportsNutz again this Saturday. He is just hilarious, always cracking a joke. One guy even had a blown up picture of JA showing up to a meeting at Arrowhead in a speedo. Oh did I mention to guy can play some ball.

Chiefnj
12-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Allen is extremely lucky he didn't sustain a season or career ending injury yesterday. That dive at the back of his legs had "intent to injure" written all over it.

Thig Lyfe
12-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Jared Allen is a player, and he has the potential to become the Next Great Chief, or even one of the next stars in the NFL.

JimNasium
12-20-2004, 10:55 AM
If Jared Allen does not win an Oscar, the Nobel Peace Prize or a Newberry Medal in the next 3 years it will be a crime against humanity. There has not been an individual who has had a bigger impact on my life since my father brought me into this world than this wild man from the hills.

Dave Lane
12-20-2004, 12:04 PM

And the gap in the tooth...

Dave

Frankie
12-20-2004, 09:11 PM
If Jared Allen does not win an Oscar, the Nobel Peace Prize or a Newberry Medal in the next 3 years it will be a crime against humanity.

I bet you meant 'and' there... ;)

SNR
12-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Dude... if we brought in Strahan, we'd have two white DEs.

Even scarier would be if they both kicked ass.