PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green...

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 12:01 PM
He is 140 yards away from passing 4,000 yards, again.

Currently he is sitting at a 99.1 passer rating. I would love to see him end the season over 100.

IMO, he is due for another trip to the Pro Bowl.

MichaelH
12-20-2004, 12:02 PM
I hope so too. Trent has been the QB the Chiefs have been looking for since Dawson.

FringeNC
12-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Trent is by far the best bargain at QB in the league, although I think his cap number goes way up next year. I think the guy's got another good 3 years left in him...

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2004, 12:46 PM
You should ask Teej about this. Green sux, Teej is never wrong...

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Right now the starting QBs for the AFC in the Pro Bowl should be Manning, Brees and Green.

That said, I expect Brady and Roethesberger to get the nod instead of the former two... even though their numbers are not close.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 01:16 PM
No way Roethlisberger should make the pro-bowl. His numbers aren't that great, and his teams defense and running game is doing much more for his team than he is.

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 01:17 PM
No, he doesn't deserve it.... but if it were up to the media alone, he'd be in Hawaii instead of Brees or Green (both more deserving)

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2004, 01:18 PM
No way Roethlisberger should make the pro-bowl. His numbers aren't that great, and his teams defense and running game is doing much more for his team than he is.You are correct, sir. Unfortunately, like baseball, the Pro bowl is fast becoming a popularity contest...

kansas hawk
12-20-2004, 01:34 PM
pro bowl for trent will be very hard to come by. one manning for sure i know that. two big ben, you can not QB a 1 loss team and not be there. now it will be close between brees and trent, i believe brees will win just for the fact 1. does have a higher passing rating and is also on a winning team. in fact i did not vote for trent this year. only ones i voted for KC were t-rich, shildes and gonzo. would of voted for holmes but he got hurt again. such a shame

and btw big ben is the 4 rated passer in the afc so this garbag saying he dont belong is nonesnse. due to the offence they run he only threw 256 passes you expect him to throw for 4000 yards with that?

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Trent's #3 in in the league in passing yards, is near the top in completion 66% (ftr, Manning = 68%), and TDs (only Manning has more in the AFC).

Trent deserves to go.... but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets snubbed.

bricks
12-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Ahh. screw all these stats, probowl, way over-hyped. sorry to burst your bubble guys, all that stuff is overrated. I still think Trent lost us a couple of games this year. Remember, he threw 2 interceptions that cost us games, the Houston game, int return by Coleman. The SD game, int by Donnie Edwards late in the 4th qtr. A couple of throws he made this year were very questionable. Unfortunately, they were the difference in the ball games. Wipe all that out, and Trent has been solid as a rock. If you asked me, does he get my probowl vote? I say no.

Coogs
12-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Ahh. screw all these stats, probowl, way over-hyped. sorry to burst your bubble guys, all that stuff is overrated. I still think Trent lost us a couple of games this year. Remember, he threw 2 interceptions that cost us games, the Houston game, int return by Coleman. The SD game, int by Donnie Edwards late in the 4th qtr. A couple of throws he made this year were very questionable. Unfortunately, they were the difference in the ball games. Wipe all that out, and Trent has been solid as a rock. If you asked me, does he get my probowl vote? I say no.

So then Favre is a no in the NFC then too, correct?

KevB
12-20-2004, 02:20 PM
The PB QBs will be Manning, Brady and Brees. They are all winning, and putting up good numbers. Simple as that. Trent is having another fantastic season (albeit with a handful of big miscues), but his team is 6-8. IMO, that's the way it should be.

KevB
12-20-2004, 02:21 PM
pro bowl for trent will be very hard to come by. one manning for sure i know that. two big ben, you can not QB a 1 loss team and not be there. now it will be close between brees and trent, i believe brees will win just for the fact 1. does have a higher passing rating and is also on a winning team. in fact i did not vote for trent this year. only ones i voted for KC were t-rich, shildes and gonzo. would of voted for holmes but he got hurt again. such a shame

and btw big ben is the 4 rated passer in the afc so this garbag saying he dont belong is nonesnse. due to the offence they run he only threw 256 passes you expect him to throw for 4000 yards with that?

Um, Brady has QB'd a 1 loss team as well. In fact, it's one loss in almost 30 games.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-20-2004, 02:22 PM
I bet the Broncos would love to have a QB like Green. hehehe

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 02:39 PM
The PB QBs will be Manning, Brady and Brees. They are all winning, and putting up good numbers. Simple as that. Trent is having another fantastic season (albeit with a handful of big miscues), but his team is 6-8. IMO, that's the way it should be.

Statistically speaking, Brady shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Manning, Brees and Green. He has much fewer yards (14th overall, 6th in the AFC), fewer TDs, a lower comp % and lower QB rating. If he gets in, it's on popularity alone (and the fact that he has the advantage of a good D)

KevB
12-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Statistically speaking, Brady shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Manning, Brees and Green. He has much fewer yards (14th overall, 6th in the AFC), fewer TDs, a lower comp % and lower QB rating. If he gets in, it's on popularity alone (and the fact that he has the advantage of a good D)

Or, it could be that he's the QB and team leader of a team with 1 loss. There are weekly debates on all the shows about who is the best QB in the league, and Brady is picked as often as Manning. He makes plays when it counts. Frankly, Trent hasn't in some cases this season.

Let me ask you this....who would you rather have at the end of the game, Trent or Brady? I love what Trent's brought to the table, but Brady's won two Super Bowls.

Lzen
12-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Or, it could be that he's the QB and team leader of a team with 1 loss. There are weekly debates on all the shows about who is the best QB in the league, and Brady is picked as often as Manning. He makes plays when it counts. Frankly, Trent hasn't in some cases this season.

Let me ask you this....who would you rather have at the end of the game, Trent or Brady? I love what Trent's brought to the table, but Brady's won two Super Bowls.

Sure, Trent has had a couple mistakes late that have cost the Chiefs. But then how do you suppose Brady would do if he had the Chiefs defense to let leads slip away?

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 03:49 PM

Trent Green, hands down. He runs <i>this</i> offense to perfection. Brady has the advantage of a dominating defense; Green, not so much. Brady has a couple of rings thanks to a solid TEAM. Green has led the most prolific NFL offense for three consecutive seasons with SHIT at wide receiver. I say Trent is the man :thumb:

tk13
12-20-2004, 04:01 PM

I'm not sure you can make a fair comparison because you have to remember that last year's Chiefs' defense was statistically the best defense Trent has ever played with, and the team went 13-3 and made the playoffs. Personally I think if he'd stayed healthy in 1999 the Rams still would've won the Super Bowl, but obviously I have no proof of anything and Brady's got two rings, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about...

The Bad Guy
12-20-2004, 04:07 PM
Trent Green, hands down. He runs this offense to perfection. Brady has the advantage of a dominating defense; Green, not so much. Brady has a couple of rings thanks to a solid TEAM. Green has led the most prolific NFL offense for three consecutive seasons with SHIT at wide receiver. I say Trent is the man :thumb:

Give me the 26 year old that has 2 rings and has lost 2 games in 2 years.

Tom Brady made shit shine last year with the Pats offense.

Green does the same thing, but Green's 34 and doesn't have 2 SB rings.

Brady's defense gave up a ton of points in last years SB and he still lead the game-winning drive.

I don't know how anyone can argue they'd rather have Green than Brady.

But to each his own.

KevB
12-20-2004, 04:32 PM

Brady's defense gave up a ton of points in last years SB and he still lead the game-winning drive.

But to each his own.

Exactly. Name one impact player on the Pats offense over the last three years other than Dillon. Brady has been outstanding, pure and simple. I hate arguing this, because I love having Trent as our QB.

While Brady has a good/great D, Trent has had the best O-Line in football, arguably the best running back, the best fullback, and the best TE. If you want to argue that wins are a function of the difference in the two defenses, I'll argue that the stat advantage Trent has is also the difference in defenses along with the disparity in talent on offense.

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 04:38 PM
I'd take Troy Brown(pre-2004), Deon Branch, David Patten and David Givens over our receivers any day. All are quick with good hands. Better than our WR corps for sure :)

Guess I'm just a Trent Green homer.

KevB
12-20-2004, 04:41 PM
I'd take Troy Brown(pre-2004), Deon Branch, David Patten and David Givens over our receivers any day. All are quick with good hands. Better than our WR corps for sure :)

Guess I'm just a Trent Green homer.

I guess so. Branch and Givens have been hurt much of this season BTW.

tk13
12-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Exactly. Name one impact player on the Pats offense over the last three years other than Dillon. Brady has been outstanding, pure and simple. I hate arguing this, because I love having Trent as our QB.

While Brady has a good/great D, Trent has had the best O-Line in football, arguably the best running back, the best fullback, and the best TE. If you want to argue that wins are a function of the difference in the two defenses, I'll argue that the stat advantage Trent has is also the difference in defenses along with the disparity in talent on offense.
The thing is, I think the Pats have talent, it's just underrated. I do believe the Pats (according to Brady on a radio interview) were the first team in NFL history last year to play through the entire playoffs and not allow a single sack. Their line was lights out, but most people couldn't name two guys that start on that line. Their WR's are unheralded but they kill you with depth... they'd play 4-5 guys who were all good recievers, Brown, Patten, Givens, Branch, Bethel Johnson and Daniel Graham at TE. It's a lot like the Chiefs wanted to do this year, none of the guys were big names but they'd spread you out and often times defenses couldn't handle covering all of them, somebody would get open. That's not to say Brady's not great, he is, he finds the open men, but I think he has some decent talent around him that is maximized by the coaching staff.

KevB
12-20-2004, 04:57 PM
The thing is, I think the Pats have talent, it's just underrated. I do believe the Pats (according to Brady on a radio interview) were the first team in NFL history last year to play through the entire playoffs and not allow a single sack. Their line was lights out, but most people couldn't name two guys that start on that line. Their WR's are unheralded but they kill you with depth... they'd play 4-5 guys who were all good recievers, Brown, Patten, Givens, Branch, Bethel Johnson and Daniel Graham at TE. It's a lot like the Chiefs wanted to do this year, none of the guys were big names but they'd spread you out and often times defenses couldn't handle covering all of them, somebody would get open. That's not to say Brady's not great, he is, he finds the open men, but I think he has some decent talent around him that is maximized by the coaching staff.

I absolutely agree, they've had decent talent. But his quick decision making helps his O-Line. Branch has been out most of this season, and Givens has missed several games. Graham drops balls like our WRs.

Bottom line, and this is where you'd think the argument would end, Brady has won all but one game in the last 29. He's also led game winning drives in 2 Super Bowls. He's the real deal, and any media attention he gets is deserved.

NewChief
12-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Not getting into the Trent vs. Tom debate, but I'll ask this question:

When the season is over, if it comes out that Trent has been playing with broken ribs since the San Diego game, will that add his name to the toughest QBs list?

Sure-Oz
12-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Trent Green is a real good QB. I am glad we have him. I hope he can continue this high level of play for atleast 3 more years. Too bad he wasn't a few years younger. We need to win a SB with him and Holmes damnit!

Deberg_1990
12-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Trent Green is good. real good. Is he Brady or Manning?? Of course not but every QB in the leagure cant be those guys either. Im really not sure if our O-line is the best in the league either? Perhaps the best Run blockers. I would say that. We have had 3 differerent RB's go over 150 yards rushing this year at different times. They fail at pass protection at critical times so i would say they are not as good in that area.

Rausch
12-20-2004, 08:47 PM

But to each his own.

Brady is the best QB in the league right now, doesn't have a big head, is young, and doesn't have a huge cap number.

That is all...

stevieray
12-20-2004, 09:03 PM
How good is Trent Green...? He's being compared to Brady....when is the last time a Chief QB was being compared to one of the best in the league?

IIRC, TG has the highest QB rating in the last three years.

Rausch
12-20-2004, 09:06 PM
How good is Trent Green...? He's being compared to Brady....when is the last time a Chief QB was being compared to one of the best in the league?

IIRC, TG has the highest QB rating in the last three years.

And he's tough. We've lacked toughness at that position for quite some time.

I like his attitude and his competitiveness... :thumb:

stevieray
12-20-2004, 09:07 PM
And he's tough. We've lacked toughness at that position for quite some time.

I like his attitude and his competitiveness... :thumb:

:thumb:

tk13
12-20-2004, 09:12 PM
I absolutely agree, they've had decent talent. But his quick decision making helps his O-Line. Branch has been out most of this season, and Givens has missed several games. Graham drops balls like our WRs.

Bottom line, and this is where you'd think the argument would end, Brady has won all but one game in the last 29. He's also led game winning drives in 2 Super Bowls. He's the real deal, and any media attention he gets is deserved.
Yeah, it's hard to talk about this and not sound like you're downplaying Brady, and I don't want to do that, I'd pick Brady ahead of pretty much any other QB if I had a choice when starting a franchise... it's kind of like with Michael Vick, it doesn't always look real flashy, but the team wins when they are healthy, and that's what matters. I do think Trent's not been as lucky as some of these other guys though because his defenses have been among the worst in the league in KC, St. Louis, and Washington.

Deberg_1990
12-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Yeah, it's hard to talk about this and not sound like you're downplaying Brady, and I don't want to do that, I'd pick Brady ahead of pretty much any other QB if I had a choice when starting a franchise... it's kind of like with Michael Vick, it doesn't always look real flashy, but the team wins when they are healthy, and that's what matters. I do think Trent's not been as lucky as some of these other guys though because his defenses have been among the worst in the league in KC, St. Louis, and Washington.

Very true, I mentioned this earlier that Trent Green is the modern day Dan Fouts and our Chiefs are the modern day San Diego Chargers from the late 70's and early 1980's....

go bowe
12-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah, it's hard to talk about this and not sound like you're downplaying Brady, and I don't want to do that, I'd pick Brady ahead of pretty much any other QB if I had a choice when starting a franchise... it's kind of like with Michael Vick, it doesn't always look real flashy, but the team wins when they are healthy, and that's what matters. I do think Trent's not been as lucky as some of these other guys though because his defenses have been among the worst in the league in KC, St. Louis, and Washington.well, there's always next year... :huh: :huh: :huh:

2bikemike
12-20-2004, 09:23 PM
well, there's always next year... :huh: :huh: :huh:

Seems like I have heard that before! :cuss: :banghead:

stevieray
12-20-2004, 09:30 PM
I do think Trent's not been as lucky as some of these other guys though because his defenses have been among the worst in the league in KC, St. Louis, and Washington.

Excellent point.

Could Brady have saved our season? Nope

Could Trent ruin theirs? Nope

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Could Brady have saved our season? Nope

Debatable. Green had opportunities to lead us to 4th-quarter winning drives against Tampa Bay, New Orleans, New England and San Diego.

KevB
12-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Trent's been outstanding, and he's been as good as you all suggest. I've had a blast watching him prove himself the last few years.

Having said that, the Brady vs. Green debate came up only because of arguments about who will/should go to the Pro Bowl between the two. I think it's Brady, cut and dried. Others below disagreed.

stevieray
12-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Debatable. Green had opportunities to lead us to 4th-quarter winning drives against Tampa Bay, New Orleans, New England and San Diego.

not. three man rushes were successful.

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2004, 10:16 PM
not. three man rushes were successful.

Three man rushes were succesful on ONE play. Maybe Brady would have done something on the other plays.

Don't try to paint Green like he's played flawlessly this year. He hasn't.

stevieray
12-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Three man rushes were succesful on ONE play. Maybe Brady would have done something on the other plays.

Don't try to paint Green like he's played flawlessly this year. He hasn't.

I'm not trying to paint Green to be anything, gobroncos, his numbers over the last three years speak for themselves.

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm not trying to paint Green to be anything, gobroncos, his numbers over the last three years speak for themselves.

You are insinuating that we failed on those 4th quarter drives completely because of the offensive line. That's simply not true.

stevieray
12-20-2004, 11:01 PM
You are insinuating that we failed on those 4th quarter drives completely because of the offensive line. That's simply not true.

YOU are the one claiming Brady would've played better. like the interception he just threw on MNF?

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2004, 11:05 PM
YOU are the one claiming Brady would've played better. like the interception he just threw on MNF?

I dunno, I'm not watching the game. I do know Brady is probably the best QB in the game when it comes to crunch time, though. Clearly Trent has not been this year.

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Oooh, looks like Brady gets his chance to show his moxy here, no?

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Not a good start.

stevieray
12-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Oooh, looks like Brady gets his chance to show his moxy here, no?

And you wonder why I said you try too hard.

Here's your crow, gobroncos.

four int's, last two gave the game away.

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Oops. I guess even Brady isn't perfect.

beer bacon
12-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Brady is the best QB in the league. I mean, they did win two SBs. In fact, every player on their team is the best at their position in the league. They did win two SBs so they all have to be the best at their position.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 11:13 PM
4 Interceptions for Brady tonight....this could solidify Trent Greens pro bowl invite!

Well, maybe.

stevieray
12-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Brady is the best QB in the league. I mean, they did win two SBs. In fact, every player on their team is the best at their position in the league. They did win two SBs so they all have to be the best at their position.

Especially Rodeny Harrison and PI.

Looks like the Colts were right after all.

stevieray
12-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Oops. I guess even Brady isn't perfect.

Says Taco's mini-me.

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Says Taco's mini-me.

STFU homer!

stevieray
12-20-2004, 11:19 PM
STFU homer!

Lelie is going to burn us and Iowanian.....

keep digging, mini-me.

KevB
12-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Well, since you watched the Pats 2nd loss in 30 games, I guess now there's crow to be eaten? How many picks did Trent throw at the end of games this year? Hey wait, it was the OLine's fault on those throws, right? Then I guess Brady's picks weren't his fault either. He was getting sacked on the first one, then hit as he threw on the last one.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Well, since you watched the Pats 2nd loss in 30 games, I guess now there's crow to be eaten? How many picks did Trent throw at the end of games this year? Hey wait, it was the OLine's fault on those throws, right? Then I guess Brady's picks weren't his fault either. He was getting sacked on the first one, then hit as he threw on the last one.
I don't think Brady sucks, I just think he is the 4th best QB in the AFC right now.

stevieray
12-20-2004, 11:23 PM

Brady lost this game single handedly. Twice.

KevB
12-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Brady lost this game single handedly. Twice.

Really? You mean the vaunted NE defense giving up 29 points to AJ Feeley and Sammy Morris had nothing to do with it? It's ok to blame our defense, but not New England's?

go bowe
12-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Brady lost this game single handedly. Twice.ROFL ROFL ROFL

twice is more better than once... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ROFL ROFL ROFL

stevieray
12-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Really? You mean the vaunted NE defense giving up 29 points to AJ Feeley and Sammy Morris had nothing to do with it? It's ok to blame our defense, but not New England's?

Yes really, when you throw the football up in the air on your way down, deep in your own territory, with little over aminute to go, WITH THE LEAD, is STUPID! Regardless of how many games you've won.

I don't blame Trent's poor play on the defense.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-21-2004, 12:31 AM
Brady made his best Jake Plummer impersonation tonight.

2bikemike
12-21-2004, 01:20 AM
Yes really, when you throw the football up in the air on your way down, deep in your own territory, with little over aminute to go, WITH THE LEAD, is STUPID! Regardless of how many games you've won.

I don't blame Trent's poor play on the defense.

Especially when you dodged the same bullet a week ago. And when asked about it you claim it was a stupid mistake even if it did work out.
This time it cost himthe game and jeopardizes their playoff seeding.