PDA

View Full Version : A Few Observations of the Game

CosmicPal
12-20-2004, 01:21 PM
My seats to yesterday’s game was in fifth row, in the end zone, just to the left of the field goal post. Being that close to the field is electrifying, and makes the game so much more alive and vibrant. Being that close nearly gives you a player’s perspective of the game as well. Anyways- here’s my observations of the game:

WILLIE ROAF - The guy is an absolute giant. I was simply in awe of how someone so monstrous and who looks to be struggling with taking each step can be so dominate a player. I don’t know how he does it- nobody should play like he does when he walks like he does.

BENNY SAPP – The guy looked really good. He was quick to the ball and aggressive. With proper maturation and development- he’ll be a magnificent improvement to that secondary.

DANTE HALL – The guy is small. It’s no wonder he scores- you can’t see him. I kept losing him in the crowd during his run back. He’s quick as a dart. But, when he ran by me after scoring the TD- I couldn’t believe someone so small could take the hits he does.

LARRY JOHNSON- Made things look too easy and fluid. I’m sure the O-Line had a little to do with it, but still- he just looked so comfortable and fluid out there- it makes you wonder how there could have ever been such discourse in the past.

SAMMIE PARKER – The guy is lightning quick! When I saw his first catch, I didn’t know who it was, but I knew right away it wasn’t someone I’d seen before. Gawd, I sincerely hope you are the blazing and reliable WR we need so bad. If Kris Wilson ever amounts to anything- together these guys will be the electricity in the offense to come. The future very well may be Johnson, Parker, and Wilson. So far, so good.

PLASTIC BEER CUPS- Too damn thin. My buddy passed me a beer in the stands and when I grabbed it, the cup broke. Due to outrageous prices we pay for beer, we shouldn’t have to double-cup our beers. I complained, but they wouldn’t give me a free beer. Bad service!

ARROWHEAD STADIUM/Truman Sports Complex- Remains to be one of the most beautiful and magnificent sports complex in the country.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a Chiefs jacket. As a matter of fact, it was a blue ski jacket. I got a lot of ribbing from the fans for thinking I was a Donkey fan, but nobody was ever belligerent, mean, or inconsiderate toward me. It was funny, for a few of them- I stood there and opened my jacket to expose a big red Chiefs sweatshirt…it was all for fun. Makes me wonder how my Donkey co-workers had so much trouble- it’s because they’re idiots.

Dartgod
12-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for stopping by B5. It was nice meeting you.

CosmicPal
12-20-2004, 01:35 PM

You too! :thumb:

Wish I could have hung out longer with you guys....Nice meeting everyone there.

HC_Chief
12-20-2004, 01:42 PM
LARRY JOHNSON- Made things look too easy and fluid. I’m sure the O-Line had a little to do with it, but still- he just looked so comfortable and fluid out there- it makes you wonder how there could have ever been such discourse in the past.

I noticed that as well... he was very fluid in his movements yesterday. Kind of reminded me of a bigger Marcus Allen.

alpha_omega
12-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Due to outrageous prices we pay for beer, we shouldn’t have to double-cup our beers. I complained, but they wouldn’t give me a free beer. Bad service!

Solution...The Nzoner cell phone flask!

Well...as long as you are careful not to let the deputy dog see it.

Jenson71
12-20-2004, 06:36 PM

It was great meeting a couple of you guys at the game. I came a little late, so it was kind of a rush, but it was cool just seeing some of you. StevieRay, you're as smooth and great as the King himself. My friend (the Bronc fan) was impressed I talk to the famous First Down Elvis.

CosmicPal, Dartgod, Philfree, KCDan, I think that was it.

Count Zarth
12-20-2004, 06:38 PM
I'm hoping Benny Sapp can be the nickel corner next year.

I really need to make it out to another game...you see so much when you can see the whole field.

How often does Green miss the open man? Seems like he's been sitting in the pocket alot this year.

How did the Donks take away Tony G?

Logical
12-20-2004, 06:42 PM
I noticed that as well... he was very fluid in his movements yesterday. Kind of reminded me of a bigger Marcus Allen.Actually Larry is an inch shorter than Marcus Allen.

Deberg_1990
12-20-2004, 06:48 PM
I noticed that as well... he was very fluid in his movements yesterday. Kind of reminded me of a bigger Marcus Allen.

This guy has a chance to be something real special. Im serious, I dont understand all the grief this guy gets?? This is the guy Chiefs fans have been praying that Carl would draft all these years! We should embrace this guy more.

Bow down and worship at the Alter of LJ!!

Jenson71
12-20-2004, 06:50 PM
This guy has a chance to be something real special. Im serious, I dont understand all the grief this guy gets?? This is the guy Chiefs fans have been praying that Carl would draft all these years! We should embrace this guy more.

KC is really warming up to him. The Star says good things and the fans seem to love him.

Logical
12-20-2004, 06:54 PM

Leon like dis idea. Leon be cool with you kissing his feet, but Leon prefers you kiss his ass bitch.

philfree
12-20-2004, 09:24 PM
And you got to meet me :thumb:

PhilFree :arrow:

JazzzLovr
12-20-2004, 09:30 PM
You too! :thumb:

Wish I could have hung out longer with you guys....Nice meeting everyone there.

When did you come by? I must have missed you. :(

Nzoner
12-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Is anyone going to be at B5 Christmas day?

alanm
12-20-2004, 09:47 PM

Bow down and worship at the Alter of LJ!!Pardon me if I wait untill Priest adicates the Crown. :)