PDA

View Full Version : Simien out 4-6 weeks

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 05:55 PM
KU announced that Wayne Simien had thumb surgery today and is out 4-6 weeks. Ouch!!

Sure-Oz
12-20-2004, 06:06 PM
That guy can't catch a break. I can't believe I actually feel bad for a KU player going down. Go MU, raaaar!!

Count Zarth
12-20-2004, 06:07 PM
This thread made me think of Tracy.

Pants
12-20-2004, 06:09 PM
We'll effing miss him against GT. Dammit.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 06:12 PM
We'll effing miss him against GT. Dammit.
We sure will. When is the Kentucky game?

ROYC75
12-20-2004, 06:14 PM
We sure will. When is the Kentucky game?

Jan. 9th ...... 3 weeks ! :shake:

Iowanian
12-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Simien?!

CRAP!
Whose gonna start MLB for the 1995 Chiefs now?

ITs too bad THEY didn't have Rich Scanlon..........

Frazod
12-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Go Illini. :evil:

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Yup..good luck to the Illini in their upcoming game.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Of course you realize Self built that Illinois team? So you are actually rooting for KU by proxy.

Pants
12-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Of course you realize Self built that Illinois team? So you are actually rooting for KU by proxy.

Hah! So true. Besides I never had anything against Illinios, got no problem with them being #1.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 06:37 PM
I know MUron is your term to use, but frazod is a big MUron tonight. I don't think he realized that his pathetic MU Tigers play the Illini in 2 days.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Hah! So true. Besides I never had anything against Illinios, got no problem with them being #1.
Well, I've been pissed at them when they and Self kicked :KU: ass (twice) during the Tourney. But, now, that can't happen again now can it?

Spicy McHaggis
12-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Tough break for us Jayhawkers. Hopefully resting it for that period of time will allow Simien to be 100% during the home stretch. The frosh need to step it up now and fill the void as daunting a task as it is to fill Big Dub's shoes.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Tough break for us Jayhawkers. Hopefully resting it for that period of time will allow Simien to be 100% during the home stretch. The frosh need to step it up now and fill the void as daunting a task as it is to fill Big Dub's shoes.
Last year we had Graves to step up but we don't have anyone near his ability (yet) on the team. We're screwed.

Ari Chi3fs
12-20-2004, 07:05 PM
:cuss: every year, its something with him.

that mothafugga with the dreads did that shit... damn him.

Mr. Laz
12-20-2004, 07:09 PM
well hopefully this turns into a good thing in the long run

forces all the froshies to grow up and take their "diapers off"

by tourney time we have simien and some seasoned frosh

:thumb:

Mr. Christopher
12-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Unbelievable. I haven't been able to see a game yet this season, but I've heard that Self said Simien was the most improved player on the team...and he ends up going down injured again.

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 07:45 PM
well hopefully this turns into a good thing in the long run

forces all the froshies to grow up and take their "diapers off"

by tourney time we have simien and some seasoned frosh

:thumb:
That's the only silver lining I see about it. Of course we've played without him before and done alright. I just hate to play Ga. Tech and Kentucky without him.

Count Zarth
12-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Hey - this guy isn't related to Tracy Simien, is he?

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Hey - this guy isn't related to Tracy Simien, is he?
No

the Talking Can
12-20-2004, 07:55 PM
un****ingbelievable....guy puts up 20 and 10 every night but can't stay healthy...so much for beating GT

oh well, as long as he is healthy by the tournament...that's the only thing that matters with these seniors....and maybe one of our frosh big man will step up and we'll be better for it...but this blows, Wayne deserves one healthy season....we'd have a national title if he hadn't wrecked his shoulder...

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 08:16 PM
un****ingbelievable....guy puts up 20 and 10 every night but can't stay healthy...so much for beating GT

oh well, as long as he is healthy by the tournament...that's the only thing that matters with these seniors....and maybe one of our frosh big man will step up and we'll be better for it...but this blows, Wayne deserves one healthy season....we'd have a national title if he hadn't wrecked his shoulder...

At the very least, we will get some losses we otherwise wouldn't have. That will hurt our tournament seeding. Maybe one of the frosh will step up but I doubt Self is as senile as VD and is keeping an LJ type on the bench out of spite.

royr17
12-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Get off the KU thread gochiefs, GOOD GOD this sucks we need Simien for the Kentucky and GT game i just hope and pray to god that Christian Moody, C.J. Giles, Darnell Jackson, Sasha Kaun, and Moulaye Niang steps it up while he is out, we need them big time ...

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Get off the KU thread gochiefs, GOOD GOD this sucks we need Simien for the Kentucky and GT game i just hope and pray to god that Christian Moody, C.J. Giles, Darnell Jackson, Sasha Kaun, and Moulaye Niang steps it up while he is out, we need them big time ...
WTF happened to your rep?

Skip Towne
12-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Haven't you noticed that GoChiefs posts on every thread whether he knows anything about the topic or not? He is really starting to annoy me. I think I'll neg rep him just because.

|Zach|
12-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Repolacaust.

Frazod
12-20-2004, 09:45 PM
I know MUron is your term to use, but frazod is a big MUron tonight. I don't think he realized that his pathetic MU Tigers play the Illini in 2 days.

Like I care. I don't give a shit about basketball. I hope Mizzou does well simply because I'm from Missouri. I hope Kansas falls on its ass because I hate Kansas.

And I really don't care about Illinois, except that I hope they knock Kansas out of the tournament. Which is pretty much the way I feel about every other team in the tournament. nlm

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 10:15 PM
I don't give a shit about basketball.
Ah...seeing that you are an MU fan, this makes sense. Although you might as well say "I don't give a shit about sports".

|Zach|
12-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Ah...seeing that you are an MU fan, this makes sense. Although you might as well say "I don't give a shit about sports".
This stupid rival smack is getting out of hand these days...

Saulbadguy
12-20-2004, 10:24 PM
This stupid rival smack is getting out of hand these days...
Yeah. I know I probably shouldn't pick on MU (retarded kid in the wheelchair thing), but frazod opened himself up to that one. I didn't realize he wasn't a fan of basketball.

Frazod
12-20-2004, 10:27 PM

I like football and baseball. Beyond that, I could give a shit.

The last baskeball game I actually watched from start to finish was a Bulls game I attended that featured Michael Jordan.

|Zach|
12-20-2004, 10:29 PM
(retarded kid in the wheelchair thing)
I guess I just don't see a need for stuff like this on either side. But to each their own.

royr17
12-20-2004, 11:54 PM

Gochiefs, and Psicosis.

Count Zarth
12-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Haven't you noticed that GoChiefs posts on every thread whether he knows anything about the topic or not? He is really starting to annoy me. I think I'll neg rep him just because.

That is complete horsehockey. I don't post on every thread at all.

There's like 10 threads on the front page I haven't posted on.

ROYC75
12-21-2004, 06:13 PM
bump

royr17
12-21-2004, 06:14 PM
So who do yall think steps up and starts in simiens place now since he is out for a while ?

royr17
12-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Im hoping its C.J. Giles from what i've seen of him I have liked.

DJay23
12-21-2004, 07:50 PM
So who do yall think steps up and starts in simiens place now since he is out for a while ?
Darnell Jackson will start in Simien's place:

http://www.kusports.com/

He's had better practices recently and supposedly the other players are most comfortable with him.

If Simien is going to get hurt, I'd rather it happen now at the end of non-con, start of conference season. We need him for the games against Texas and Okie State more that GT and Kentucky. Better to win in conference than out IMO. The tournament committee does take into account player injuries when they do their seedings(Sometimes to a fault. Remember Kenyon Martin?) As long as we're playing well going into March, Simien's absence shouldn't hurt too bad.

Fortunately for me the early prognosis is that he will return for the Villanova game, to which I have tickets!

Brando
12-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear about the injury guys. Jackson looked like a stud at the game that I took in at AFH. Good luck!

ArrowheadHawk
12-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Im hoping its C.J. Giles from what i've seen of him I have liked.good shot blocker but did you see the 2 pts he scored for the other team