PDA

View Full Version : Two plays from the Donkos game that warrant further discussion.

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Play 1. Wesley chases down Tatum (Fum)Bell and knocks the ball out. Great effort. Jared Allen is 60 yards downfield and almost scoops up the ball. Great effort. What a TD-saving play!

Play 2. The Denver dude coughs up the ball on the kickoff. How does Lawrence Tynes not only whiff on picking up the loose ball, but then also kick it out of bounds? And why did Bartee stop and watch during this process when he was standing one yard away?

Bob Dole
12-20-2004, 07:33 PM

Tynes is a kicker and Bartee's head doesn't swivel.

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 07:35 PM
That makes a lot of sense.

AZORChiefFan
12-20-2004, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=Rain Man]Play 1. Wesley chases down Tatum (Fum)Bell and knocks the ball out. Great effort. Jared Allen is 60 yards downfield and almost scoops up the ball. Great effort. What a TD-saving play!

I agree, watching the game I said "Dammit that's a TD" then Wesley showed some hustle and knocked it out. I was surprised at Wesleys hustle and "D" on the whole.

Rain Man
12-20-2004, 08:17 PM
I find the touchback rule on that kind of fumble to be very odd. It doesn't seem logical that the defense would get it when they never controlled it. I always thought that the offense should get the ball on the 20 or something, but the change of possession thing is just strange.

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2004, 08:43 PM
I think that rule needs changing. The defense gets 2 points if the offense steps out the back of the endzone at the other end of the field. They get the ball if the offense fumbles it out of the endzone on the other end of the field. Doesn't seem fair.

That play is just another reason why Wesley should be the starter next year though. I think he has all the physical talent in the world.

elvomito
12-20-2004, 08:59 PM
the main thing that stood out to me on the wesley forced fumble was the fact that jared allen was all the way down there. I was really impressed by that.

i hadn't noticed it was bartee, but during the play i noticed one of ours quit on the play and let a kicker go for the ball. he's made several large mental errors this game.

the other problem i have with him was on the rod smith touchdown. he clearly blowed on that one.
terrible terrible.
this kid needs to go, thats all there is to it.

Inspector
12-20-2004, 10:05 PM
the main thing that stood out to me on the wesley forced fumble was the fact that jared allen was all the way down there. I was really impressed by that.

i hadn't noticed it was bartee, but during the play i noticed one of ours quit on the play and let a kicker go for the ball. he's made several large mental errors this game.

the other problem i have with him was on the rod smith touchdown. he clearly blowed on that one.
terrible terrible.
this kid needs to go, thats all there is to it.

Huh??

I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention.

I just lost 35 minutes of time while staring at your avatar.

What day is it??

Big Chief Homer
12-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Huh??

I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention.

I just lost 35 minutes of time while staring at your avatar.

What day is it??

i was just thinking the same thing.

his avatar i quite hypnotic isnt it.