PDA

View Full Version : Ask the Dolphin fans, players, and coaches...

|Zach|
12-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Ask the Dolphin fans, players, and coaches how dissapointed they are in losing that game which makes their draft outlook worse.

Did you folks see the sideline and fanbase erupt in joy after they clicnhed the win against NE?

You play to win the game...

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 11:15 PM
The shortsighted fools.

We should send lazarus over to finheaven to enlighten them. Maybe he won't be able to find his way home.

Deberg_1990
12-20-2004, 11:16 PM
A few moments of bliss is no reward for sacrificing years of production that a Top 10 pick provides.

wazu
12-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Morons.

Phobia
12-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Bah.

They may have dropped from 2nd choice to 3rd. That's pretty painful.

We were 6th - now we're 18th. With nothing to show for it.

|Zach|
12-20-2004, 11:19 PM
A few moments of bliss is no reward for sacrificing years of production that a Top 10 pick provides.
I think a win like that goes a long long way...

But what am I talking about...the draft is SCIENCE BABY!

10 years guarenteed.

Ugly Duck
12-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Ask the Dolphin fans, players, and coaches how dissapointed they are in losing that game which makes their draft outlook worse.Miami's draft position stayed the same at #2. Oakland dropped 8 spots to #12 by failing to lose against Tennessee. Now Sandy Eggo has the top AFCW draft position. Dang it.

1 San Francisco 2-12 .478
2 Miami 3-13 .545
3 Cleveland 3-11 .589
4 Tennessee 4-10 .513
5 Arizona 5-9 .451
6 Chicago 5-9 .473
7 Tampa Bay 5-9 .473
8 Washington 5-9 .489
9 Detroit 5-9 .513
10 Dallas 5-9 .513
11 San Diego (from New York Giants**) 5-9 .527
12 Oakland 5-9 .571
13 New Orleans 6-8 .478
14 St. Louis 6-8 .491
15x Carolina 6-8 .513
16x Houston 6-8 .513
17 Cincinnati 6-8 .540
18 Kansas City 6-8 .558
19 Seattle 7-7 .446
20 Green Bay 8-6 .469
21 Minnesota 8-6 .473
22 Denver 8-6 .491

Stinger
12-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Miami's draft position stayed the same at #2. Oakland dropped 8 spots to #12 by failing to lose against Tennessee. Now Sandy Eggo has the top AFCW draft position. Dang it.

2 Miami 3-13 .545
3 Cleveland 3-11 .589
4 Tennessee 4-10 .513
5 Arizona 5-9 .451
6 Chicago 5-9 .473
7 Tampa Bay 5-9 .473
8 Washington 5-9 .489
9 Detroit 5-9 .513
10 Dallas 5-9 .513
12 Oakland 5-9 .571
13 New Orleans 6-8 .478
14 St. Louis 6-8 .491
15x Carolina 6-8 .513
16x Houston 6-8 .513
17 Cincinnati 6-8 .540
18 Kansas City 6-8 .558
19 Seattle 7-7 .446
20 Green Bay 8-6 .469
21 Minnesota 8-6 .473
22 Denver 8-6 .491

Welll I hope the chiefs help you move up a couple of spots after Saturday :p

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 11:25 PM
WTF. I thought you left. Get out of here.

Hey... hide the strippers. He's still here.

wazu
12-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Bah.

They may have dropped from 2nd choice to 3rd. That's pretty painful.

We were 6th - now we're 18th. With nothing to show for it.

But..but...Phobia, now the players have more SELF ESTEEM! That will carry over to next year! Self esteem is all we needed to kick it up a notch!

The Chiefs have finally proven that there is nothing wrong with them, and they can now stand pat in the off season and ride this awesome momentum to easy victory throughout the entire 2005 season. Yay!

Chan93lx50
12-20-2004, 11:32 PM
This topic again?

Who in the hell are the people calling themselves Chiefs fans that are rooting for our team to lose?

If you admit it leave the board send me all your Chiefs gear cause you are no fan!

tk13
Miami's draft position stayed the same at #2. Oakland dropped 8 spots to #12 by failing to lose against Tennessee. Now Sandy Eggo has the top AFCW draft position. Dang it.

2 Miami 3-13 .545
3 Cleveland 3-11 .589
4 Tennessee 4-10 .513
5 Arizona 5-9 .451
6 Chicago 5-9 .473
7 Tampa Bay 5-9 .473
8 Washington 5-9 .489
9 Detroit 5-9 .513
10 Dallas 5-9 .513
12 Oakland 5-9 .571
13 New Orleans 6-8 .478
14 St. Louis 6-8 .491
15x Carolina 6-8 .513
16x Houston 6-8 .513
17 Cincinnati 6-8 .540
18 Kansas City 6-8 .558
19 Seattle 7-7 .446
20 Green Bay 8-6 .469
21 Minnesota 8-6 .473
22 Denver 8-6 .491
That is amazing, we could finish 7-9 or 8-8 and be drafting something around 20 it seems like. The whole NFL sucks.

|Zach|
But..but...Phobia, now the players have more SELF ESTEEM! That will carry over to next year! Self esteem is all we needed to kick it up a notch!

The Chiefs have finally proven that there is nothing wrong with them, and they can now stand pat in the off season and ride this awesome momentum to easy victory throughout the entire 2005 season. Yay!
You think winning games does not make players better?

I forgot how many good things the Cardinals had done with all the high draft picks they have had. I am sure the lack of a winning attitude in their program had nothing to do with it.

Phobia
12-20-2004, 11:33 PM

Eric Hicks' motor goes 60 minutes on Sundays. He really puts in a full day's work in his pads. He's great. He's the leader of the defense and I hope he plays in KC until he's 80.

The Bad Guy
12-20-2004, 11:34 PM
There's a big difference in beating the Super Bowl champs -- a team that has lost just 3 times in over 2 years, and winning against the shitty Broncos.

But regardless, I'm in the minority that thinks that all these wins will do is cloud the judgement of our shitty front office in the offseason.

We need radical changes on defense and the fact that these guys play their asses off when the season is over pisses me off more than anything. Its nice that they have the ability, but why couldn't they play like this earlier?

Phobia
This topic again?

Who in the hell are the people calling themselves Chiefs fans that are rooting for our team to lose?

If you admit it leave the board send me all your Chiefs gear cause you are no fan!

You're not telling me anything. I was informed I wasn't a real fan long ago. I just spend a lot of time here because I like all the pretty colors.

Count Alex's Wins
Eric Hicks' motor goes 60 minutes on Sundays. He really puts in a full day's work in his pads. He's great. He's the leader of the defense and I hope he plays in KC until he's 80.

Gawd. I really hope that guy is a backup next year. I have a feeling he won't be. :shake:

The Bad Guy
12-20-2004, 11:36 PM
This topic again?

Not winning a playoff game in 11 years will do that to you.

I'm not sending you shit.

Chan93lx50
12-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Not winning a playoff game in 11 years will do that to you.

I'm not sending you shit.

I know I know, I will eat my words when the front office makes comments on how our D is coming together and they just need more playtime to jell. Then no offseason moves will to be made and I will be stuck in NFL hell know as the 2004-2005 football season.

I still cant sit there and cheer against them though I guess I have a bad case of homeritis

Phobia
12-20-2004, 11:48 PM
I still cant sit there and cheer against them though I guess I have a bad case of homeritis

I can't either. As much as I wanted to lose, I get the game on and I'm cheering for them. The only game I wanted them to win as of a month ago was against Denver, though. Now we're doing just well enough to land a shitty draft slot. Where the hell was the team's heart in the first half of the season?

chiefsfolife
12-20-2004, 11:49 PM
who was da first pick this year? eli he fu#ckin sux

Chan93lx50
12-21-2004, 12:02 AM
I can't either. As much as I wanted to lose, I get the game on and I'm cheering for them. The only game I wanted them to win as of a month ago was against Denver, though. Now we're doing just well enough to land a shitty draft slot. Where the hell was the team's heart in the first half of the season?

BINGO

Why in the hell did it take 14 games to pull our heads out of our asses? As long as it stays out for next year I will be happy.

ENDelt260
12-21-2004, 10:08 AM
That is amazing, we could finish 7-9 or 8-8 and be drafting something around 20 it seems like. The whole NFL sucks.
Parity, baby!

Thig Lyfe
12-21-2004, 10:15 AM
But regardless, I'm in the minority that thinks that all these wins will do is cloud the judgement of our shitty front office in the offseason.

Very good point here.

Carl's wearing blinders and only sees the ticket sales. He assumes that if the ticket sales are up, then the Chiefs are winning and there's no reason to spend money.

Losing is always bad, but it will keep happening if Carl doesn't do anything about it.

the Talking Can
12-21-2004, 10:18 AM

The NFC sucks, that's why we're so low.

Phobia
12-21-2004, 10:21 AM
The NFC sucks, that's why we're so low.

What does that say for the Chiefs since they're 1-3 vs. the NFC?

ENDelt260
12-21-2004, 10:23 AM
That we're gonna choke after winning the AFC championship? :shrug:

Hoover
12-21-2004, 10:23 AM
I look at it like this.

There are three kind of records teams have

Really bad: Like San Fran and Miami this year

Avg: Chiefs and 80% of the League

Really Good: Steelers, Pats, Indy, Philly

Most times the best record is 13-3, this year it looks like we could have 5 teams with that record or better.

If you are a really bad team like Miami or SF, I think as a fan you want them to have the best record possible.

If you are an Avg team like the Chiefs, you get what you get, there is no way you can get a top 5 pick so why worry about it, just hope your team finishes up well and things are good going into next season

Really good teams don't give a shit about the draft in December

shaneo69
12-21-2004, 10:26 AM
We need radical changes on defense and the fact that these guys play their asses off when the season is over pisses me off more than anything. Its nice that they have the ability, but why couldn't they play like this earlier?

I think Dexter McCleon just proved to DV that he should be a starter again next year, after his stellar performance against Denver.

The quote from Vermiel about how Dexter's finally healthy and that he was just "beaten up" earlier this season makes me think that DV is going to be making excuses again this offseason as to why we played bad defense.

I'm sure he's convinced now that we could have won some more games had Gunther simply scaled things back and not put so much pressure on our fragile defensive personnel.

JazzzLovr
12-21-2004, 10:41 AM
You're not telling me anything. I was informed I wasn't a real fan long ago. I just spend a lot of time here because I like all the pretty colors.

:LOL:

htismaqe
12-21-2004, 10:43 AM
I think Dexter McCleon just proved to DV that he should be a starter again next year, after his stellar performance against Denver.

The quote from Vermiel about how Dexter's finally healthy and that he was just "beaten up" earlier this season makes me think that DV is going to be making excuses again this offseason as to why we played bad defense.

I'm sure he's convinced now that we could have won some more games had Gunther simply scaled things back and not put so much pressure on our fragile defensive personnel.

:banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

You should be shot for even thinking such a thing...of course, I was thinking the SAME thing... :shake:

KCTitus
12-21-2004, 11:12 AM
All this whining and YES, it is whining, is just whining for the sake of it...

The draft position does not mean a damned thing. Come April, the same people griping about the draft position are going to hate whomever KC drafts anyway regardless if it were #5 or #20...who why in the F! does it matter?

the Talking Can
12-21-2004, 11:32 AM

the subject was draft position

Earthling
12-21-2004, 11:54 AM
I know the people that wanted a loss for a better draft spot have the same long-range goals as us fans from the 'win all you can' mode of thinking; wins in the playoffs. A win is a stat that is set in stone for eternity. Any player we take in the draft is an unknown factor that may or may not benefit our team. Overall I think our record with Denver is something like 40-29 I'm proud of that record and it makes me wonder what it would have been if we had laid down on the meaningless games during all those years for better drafting positions. And what a boring game to see if you had two teams playing each other with both playing to lose. It would be very detrimental to the NFL as a whole.

Skip Towne
12-21-2004, 12:07 PM
I know the people that wanted a loss for a better draft spot have the same long-range goals as us fans from the 'win all you can' mode of thinking; wins in the playoffs. A win is a stat that is set in stone for eternity. Any player we take in the draft is an unknown factor that may or may not benefit our team. Overall I think our record with Denver is something like 40-29 I'm proud of that record and it makes me wonder what it would have been if we had laid down on the meaningless games during all those years for better drafting positions. And what a boring game to see if you had two teams playing each other with both playing to lose. It would be very detrimental to the NFL as a whole.
That's right. And it is why the NFL doesn't have a problem with teams sandbagging for draft position.

Thig Lyfe
12-21-2004, 03:53 PM
All this whining and YES, it is whining, is just whining for the sake of it...

The draft position does not mean a damned thing. Come April, the same people griping about the draft position are going to hate whomever KC drafts anyway regardless if it were #5 or #20...who why in the F! does it matter?

True.

Not many good picks recently for Carl.

Jared Allen and now LJ are the only bright spots I can really think of (yes, Larry Johnson turned out to be a good pick).

tk13
12-21-2004, 04:10 PM

But that's the thing, we might have.... that doesn't mean anybody should be content or anything, but there are a lot of people here who act like it's being a stupid homer to say "you know, we were one or two plays away from winning about 6 or 7 different games". Heck, you could take this entire season, pair it down to some stupid ballerina Plummer-esque pass that Jake Delhomme somehow turned into a touchdown, and a Dante Hall fumble 5 yards from a TD that was just simply bad luck, and give us those two plays that were just chance, not skill, not ability, just luck... give us those back... and we might be 8-6 and have control of our playoff destiny. That's it, that's the NFL, we had bad luck twice and it kept us out of the playoffs. Doesn't mean we should be happy, but it doesn't mean the above is not being realistic.

That said, I don't think Gunther is going to put up with having the same secondary... and I don't think Carl will either. I'm pretty sure Carl made a promise to Priest that he'd go after people in the offseason so that he wouldn't retire. As much as some people want to ditch Priest for LJ, Priest has the pull to make sure things get done in this organization.

Thig Lyfe
12-21-2004, 04:15 PM
There was some quote from an owner... maybe it was the Falcons owner.

Anyway, he said that on the last game of the season a few years back, the Browns won and he cheered like crazy because then they had the 1st overall pick.

I guess Mike Vick for a horrible season wasn't a bad trade-off that year.

ROYC75
12-21-2004, 04:27 PM
True.

Not many good picks recently for Carl.

Jared Allen and now LJ are the only bright spots I can really think of (yes, Larry Johnson turned out to be a good pick).

LJ is only now getting the chance to play, only because of injury.

It's good he is there to play, but what other back in a lower round could produce behind out line.

The selection to go with LJ was insurance only, we needed help on defense and if we could have gotten a defensive starter with that pick, how much better could our D be ?

Happy for LJ ability to play and produce, still frustrated we needed help on D when we picked !

Raiderhader
12-21-2004, 04:32 PM
But that's the thing, we might have.... that doesn't mean anybody should be content or anything, but there are a lot of people here who act like it's being a stupid homer to say "you know, we were one or two plays away from winning about 6 or 7 different games". Heck, you could take this entire season, pair it down to some stupid ballerina Plummer-esque pass that Jake Delhomme somehow turned into a touchdown, and a Dante Hall fumble 5 yards from a TD that was just simply bad luck, and give us those two plays that were just chance, not skill, not ability, just luck... give us those back... and we might be 8-6 and have control of our playoff destiny. That's it, that's the NFL, we had bad luck twice and it kept us out of the playoffs. Doesn't mean we should be happy, but it doesn't mean the above is not being realistic.

That said, I don't think Gunther is going to put up with having the same secondary... and I don't think Carl will either. I'm pretty sure Carl made a promise to Priest that he'd go after people in the offseason so that he wouldn't retire. As much as some people want to ditch Priest for LJ, Priest has the pull to make sure things get done in this organization.

If this be the case, it is awesome.

And I totally agree with the first part of your post.

Raiderhader
12-21-2004, 04:36 PM
There was some quote from an owner... maybe it was the Falcons owner.

Anyway, he said that on the last game of the season a few years back, the Browns won and he cheered like crazy because then they had the 1st overall pick.

I guess Mike Vick for a horrible season wasn't a bad trade-off that year.

I just had the strangest sense of dčja vu..... Have you posted this before? :spock:

Thig Lyfe
12-21-2004, 05:52 PM
I just had the strangest sense of dčja vu..... Have you posted this before? :spock:
Don't think so... Weird.

Maybe we could check with the Search Func.... DAMMIT!

Thig Lyfe
12-21-2004, 05:53 PM
LJ is only now getting the chance to play, only because of injury.

It's good he is there to play, but what other back in a lower round could produce behind out line.

The selection to go with LJ was insurance only, we needed help on defense and if we could have gotten a defensive starter with that pick, how much better could our D be ?

Happy for LJ ability to play and produce, still frustrated we needed help on D when we picked !

True enough. I was going to add that LJ was not the best pick he could have made, however. But then I didn't for some reason.

Raiderhader
12-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Don't think so... Weird.

Maybe we could check with the Search Func.... DAMMIT!

Perhaps someone else has, or perhaps not......

tk13
12-21-2004, 05:59 PM
If this be the case, it is awesome.

And I totally agree with the first part of your post.
Well I honestly don't know, but Whitlock alluded to Priest doing just that in one of his columns right after Priest said he was coming back, and the week before Whitlock had just written a column talking about where he had dinner with Priest, I wouldn't be surprised if Priest mentioned something about it then. Also supposedly I believe somebody over at the ChiefsCoalition website with "inside information" said the same thing.... that the "meeting" Priest had with DV and Carl was that he'd come back if he got more money converted to signing bonus and if they made an effort in FA this offseason.

Raiderhader
12-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Well I honestly don't know, but Whitlock alluded to Priest doing just that in one of his columns right after Priest said he was coming back, and the week before Whitlock had just written a column talking about where he had dinner with Priest, I wouldn't be surprised if Priest mentioned something about it then. Also supposedly I believe somebody over at the ChiefsCoalition website with "inside information" said the same thing.... that the "meeting" Priest had with DV and Carl was that he'd come back if he got more money converted to signing bonus and if they made an effort in FA this offseason.

If this is all true, it tells me that his plans at the moment are to make one final run this coming season and then retire after that. He is just starting to get into the big money in his contract this upcoming season. The fact that he wants more money up front this year and a garuntee of some FA help leads me to believe this is a very likely scenario.