PDA

View Full Version : Just awful

Amnorix
12-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Miami always matches up well against us, so I don't mind losing under SOME circumstances, but what happened tonight really makes me wonder if we're Super Bowl caliber this year.

1. The 'phins and their horrendous offense had first and goal from the 2 (or less) twice tonight and scored on first down both times. That's not the kind of goal line defense that gets it done.

2. Our kickoff and punt return coverage teams continue to SUCK badly.

3. Opponents have racked up alot of yards against us, on a "bend but don't break" theory, but our DB weaknesses have been repeatedly exploited, and if AJ Feeley and the pathetic fins offense can hang 30 on us, what will the Colts do?

Just plain ugly.

Now if we don't beat the Jets we endanger our first round bye, which would REALLY reduce our Super Bowl aspirations.

blech. :Lin: :Lin: :Lin: :Lin:

Phobia
12-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Brady looked vastly overrated tonight. Almost Grbacish, if I may say so. Maybe he wasn't such a 6th round bargain afterall.

jjjayb
12-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Wasn't awful if you ask me. I thought it was great. :p

ENDelt260
12-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

I don't dislike the Pats... but, I just can't pass on an opportunity to laugh at someone. :D

Frazod
12-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Now serving humble pie.... have as much as you want. ROFL

Deberg_1990
12-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Its the Steelers year baby!!

Or has Hell finally frozen over and its Marty's year??

Cochise
12-20-2004, 11:20 PM
This sucks, I would rather anyone but the Donks came out of the AFC than Pittsburgh

tk13
12-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Its the Steelers year baby!!

Or has Hell finally frozen over and its Marty's year??
Or after watching Eli score 30 on the Steelers and the Dolphins outscoring the Pats, will the Colts run wild and outscore everybody....

Nzoner
12-20-2004, 11:21 PM
You jinxed them with that comment in the TO thread today. :p

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2004, 11:22 PM
When is Ty Law back?

Also....CRY ME A RIVER!

KevB
12-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Belicheck will get it figured out. Nice to see a chink in the armor though.

Frazod
12-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Also....CRY ME A RIVER!

Yeah, no shit.

Between the Red Sox and the Patriots, you Boston f#ckers really need to get beat back down with the rest of us. :grr:

TEX
12-20-2004, 11:43 PM
I hope some day the CHIEFS will be just as "awful"...

PatsWin2002
12-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Belicheck will get it figured out. Nice to see a chink in the armor though.

Oh sure. Turn it into a racial thing. ROFL

morphius
12-20-2004, 11:48 PM
Miami has been playing better since they dumped their coach, and the only way to keep them in the game is to keep turning over the ball. Don't worry too much.

Amnorix
12-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Or after watching Eli score 30 on the Steelers and the Dolphins outscoring the Pats, will the Colts run wild and outscore everybody....

Probably not. It's far different in January on grass than inside the comfy dome.

Chan93lx50
12-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Brady looked vastly overrated tonight. Almost Grbacish, if I may say so. Maybe he wasn't such a 6th round bargain afterall.

And I luved it!

He is starting to get that "He can do no wrong" when it comes to announcers talking about him.

Always makes me want to barf!

4 ints, NFL's COOL boy is invincible!

grandllama
12-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Probably not. It's far different in January on grass than inside the comfy dome.

I'm not falling for that line again... :shake:

Chan93lx50
12-20-2004, 11:57 PM
If I was Payton Mannase I would hope to not see the Pats in the playoffs

You guys own his ass

tk13
12-21-2004, 12:01 AM
I don't think it matters honestly, I think all that weather garbage is overrated, I think Belichick just has a history of outthinking Manning.

Straight, No Chaser
12-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Brady looked vastly overrated tonight. Almost Grbacish, if I may say so.

Good God Man, I hope you're joking. Hanging 45 on the Donks has given the peeps brown eyes...

---->

Straight, No Chaser
12-21-2004, 12:17 AM

Good God Man, I hope you're joking. Hanging 45 on the Donks has given sheet the ability to defy gravity (travel uphill?)...

This is that time of the year when even the best hit a speed bump. You seem to be a "stat guy"; happen to know the Giants record in the Meadowlands versus the AFC?
Eli Manning is going to be a player...that was his coming out party, so to speak. Steelers had a short week and still played hard defensively on every series. Eli didn't outscore his bro on the wonderlick for nothing.
The Colts may go pass-wild but I doubt they run wild. I just don't see a pourus defense like they have surviving a game against two teams who can control the ToP with good defenses, a bazillion different blitz packages and the time to scheme.

---->

Demonpenz
12-21-2004, 12:19 AM

uh no. to much clutching and grabbing in the playoffs

2bikemike
12-21-2004, 01:03 AM
Miami always matches up well against us, so I don't mind losing under SOME circumstances, but what happened tonight really makes me wonder if we're Super Bowl caliber this year.

Now if we don't beat the Jets we endanger our first round bye, which would REALLY reduce our Super Bowl aspirations.

I told you that if you win the World Series there will be no Superbowl and no Presidency from New England.

King_Chief_Fan
12-21-2004, 07:06 AM

1. The 'phins and their horrendous offense had first and goal from the 2 (or less) twice tonight and scored on first down both times. That's not the kind of goal line defense that gets it done.

3. Opponents have racked up alot of yards against us, on a "bend but don't break" theory, but our DB weaknesses have been repeatedly exploited, and if AJ Feeley and the pathetic fins offense can hang 30 on us, what will the Colts do?

Just plain ugly.

please forgive us if we do not seem sympathetic to your situation.
Someone best tell Brady to quit looking like Plummer. He is the wrong model to follow

Amnorix
12-21-2004, 07:08 AM
Yeah, no shit.

Between the Red Sox and the Patriots, you Boston f#ckers really need to get beat back down with the rest of us. :grr:

I'm definitely not feeling the love...

:):p

Amnorix
12-21-2004, 07:09 AM
I'm not falling for that line again... :shake:

:LOL:

Let me modify it a bit -- it's far different on the grass, in January, in cold weather, against a good defense, than it is inside the dome. :):p

StcChief
12-21-2004, 08:04 AM
I told you that if you win the World Series there will be no Superbowl and no Presidency from New England.

The good thing about that is No John sKerry.

But no back-to-back SB is good too....

InChiefsHell
12-21-2004, 08:11 AM

Just plain ugly.

Dude, gimme a freakin' break. They are not Gods, they will have a bad night, even against a crappy team like the Fins, who were due for a good night at home against a hated rival.

Having said all that, it was kinda good to see the Pats brought down to earth. I was so sick of listening to Madden and Michaels gobbling up Brady's man gravy, I just about turned down the sound. Geeeez, it is getting sickening. I mean, I have never liked the Pats, but this year I just freaking hate them. Call it jelousy. I don't care. I hate them. It'll be good if they are imploding the way you seem to be implying, though I doubt it.

...Go Steelers...

InChiefsHell
12-21-2004, 08:13 AM
The good thing about that is No John sKerry.

But no back-to-back SB is good too....

'zaclty. Only one World Series and one SB per one year period allowed...

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-21-2004, 08:19 AM
what happened tonight really makes me wonder if we're Super Bowl caliber this year.

You're not.

:p

Calcountry
12-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah, no shit.

Agreed, I am sick and fuggin tired of the Patriots.

Brady found out that he CANNOT throw passes from his ass. He is a mortal like everyone else.

"Behold, a god who bleeds!!!"

Frazod
12-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Agreed, I am sick and fuggin tired of the Patriots.

Brady found out that he CANNOT throw passes from his ass. He is a mortal like everyone else.

"Behold, a god who bleeds!!!"

I never had any doubt that Brady was mortal, regardless of what the talkingsportsheads say I should think.

I know they've won two championships in three years and broke the win streak record. But I have no idea how. They just don't impress me. Seems like they never really soundly thrash anybody, and most games they win they could have just as easily lost. Yet they just keep winning. It's honestly rather baffling. Whether it's great coaching, just enough skill or a dozen horseshoes stuck up everybody's asses, I don't know.

I don't mean to take anything away from them - I'd give anything to have the Chiefs have their kind of success. But they just.... BORE ME.

I guess being a fan of a team that is engaged in a high scoring shoot-out every week will do that.

the Talking Can
12-21-2004, 06:56 PM
I never had any doubt that Brady was mortal, regardless of what the talkingsportsheads say I should think.

I know they've won two championships in three years and broke the win streak record. But I have no idea how. They just don't impress me. Seems like they never really soundly thrash anybody, and most games they win they could have just as easily lost. Yet they just keep winning. It's honestly rather baffling. Whether it's great coaching, just enough skill or a dozen horseshoes stuck up everybody's asses, I don't know.

I don't mean to take anything away from them - I'd give anything to have the Chiefs have their kind of success. But they just.... BORE ME.

I guess being a fan of a team that is engaged in a high scoring shoot-out every week will do that.

watching our defense has apparently melted your brane...

royr17
12-21-2004, 07:10 PM
I didnt get to see that game last night but i bet it was to be a pats fan after your team go beat by the dolphins.

Skip Towne
12-21-2004, 07:14 PM

I agree. They seem to always play down to the level of the competition. They rarely win impressively but they do win. Not your typical dynasty.

InChiefsHell
12-22-2004, 07:21 AM
THey are the opposite of the Chiefs. They find ways to win, we find ways to lose. Period. Our offense runs circles around theirs, but our D makes every offense in the league look like a SB contender. In the early part of the season, I analyzed every game and always had the reasons why we would lose each one. Then one day it dawned on me. The reason we have lost so many games is because we are just not that good. The reason the Pats have won so many game is that they ARE that good. They don't win with flash, they are not showboats, there are very few huge bright shiny stars on the team. They just win. I wish the Chiefs were that boring...

Amnorix
12-22-2004, 07:26 AM

The Pats were 5th in scoring in the NFL as of last week.

Winning is NEVER boring if it's your team that's doing it. Trust me on this...

InChiefsHell
12-22-2004, 07:31 AM
The Pats were 5th in scoring in the NFL as of last week.

Winning is NEVER boring if it's your team that's doing it. Trust me on this...

Exactly. Dammit. :mad:

KCTitus
12-22-2004, 08:20 AM
Oh, whoa, poor pats fans...their 4th loss in 2 seasons...whatever will they do now?

Earthling
12-22-2004, 08:53 AM
In my own twisted logic I was thinking that since NE lost there might be more incentive for the Colts to actually show up against Denver for the last game of the year. If it was going to be a meaningless game for the Colts my I was worried that Denver might actually beat their second string players. However, if there is a possibility of the Colts getting a bye I think they will play hard and crush Denvers playoff hopes. A Denver loss is almost as good as a Chiefs win!

Amnorix
12-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Oh, whoa, poor pats fans...their 4th loss in 2 seasons...whatever will they do now?

We can only be appeased by more huge bits of bling bling, in the form of a third Super Bowl ring!

:):p

Rain Man
12-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I know we're below .500.

Yeah, I know we've lost to the Saint, the Buccaneers, the Texans, and half a dozen other scrub teams.

But...the Dolphins? You lost to the Dolphins?

Amnorix
12-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I know we're below .500.

Yeah, I know we've lost to the Saint, the Buccaneers, the Texans, and half a dozen other scrub teams.

But...the Dolphins? You lost to the Dolphins?

Yeah, but we beat you in your own house, so don't get carried away with mocking us or anything... :):p

KCTitus
12-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Yeah, but we beat you in your own house, so don't get carried away with mocking us or anything... :):p

sans Holmes...tell me how well would NE fare w/o Brady?

Rain Man
12-22-2004, 10:42 AM

As if I'm going to be impressed by you beating a 6-8 team with the #31 defense...

Amnorix
12-22-2004, 10:46 AM
sans Holmes...tell me how well would NE fare w/o Brady?

Right, we were only missing our two starting cornerbacks, and our best WR that game (Deion Branch). Meanwhile, of course, sans Holmes you have run roughshod over many opponents lately.

Oh, and we won two Super Bowls with Antowain freaking Smith as our RB. Don't compare RBs to QBs, it's a bit of apples and oranges.

InChiefsHell
12-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Guys, guys, seriously. It's as simple as this:

Patriots = Complete team (No matter how freakin' annoying...)

Chiefs = glaringly deficient at defense

The complete team is the better team. Period. Having said that, I hope the Pats lose to the Steelers and never sniff a SB again...

KCTitus
12-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Right, we were only missing our two starting cornerbacks, and our best WR that game (Deion Branch). Meanwhile, of course, sans Holmes you have run roughshod over many opponents lately.

Oh, and we won two Super Bowls with Antowain freaking Smith as our RB. Don't compare RBs to QBs, it's a bit of apples and oranges.

I was comparing biggest impact players on the respective teams...it's not apples and oranges.

I'll never get over this kneejerk reaction to dismiss his play...it's like when bronco fans used to believe that losing Elway was 'no big deal' after winning back to back SB's.

NE was NOT winning SB's with Bledsoe, they started after Brady came in. It's not a coincidence.

Amnorix
12-22-2004, 12:09 PM
I was comparing biggest impact players on the respective teams...it's not apples and oranges.

I'll never get over this kneejerk reaction to dismiss his play...it's like when bronco fans used to believe that losing Elway was 'no big deal' after winning back to back SB's.

NE was NOT winning SB's with Bledsoe, they started after Brady came in. It's not a coincidence.

Believe me, I darn well know that with Bledsoe, we would have won ZERO Super Bowls. You're definitely singing to the choir on that one.

Let me put it this way -- on a team with no superstars on offense except Brady, we won two Super Bowls. YOUR Team (unlike ours) is absolutely capable of running a VERY effective offense without its best player. That's what having a very good QB, good (not great, but not terrible) WRs, the best TE in the NFL and capable backup RBs gets you.

We do not have all those weapons on offense, so we don't have much cushion for losing the key guy to the entire team.