PDA

View Full Version : New Harry Potter Book To Be Released On July 16th

Amnorix
12-21-2004, 06:38 AM
For those who care...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/2004-12-21-rowling_x.htm

Saulbadguy
12-21-2004, 06:40 AM
Sweeeeeet...I wonder how many pages it will be? If it continues the trend, it will be over 1,000...:D

Fairplay
12-21-2004, 06:42 AM
The books get kids and some adults to read which some of them most likely wouldn't read. So i have to give 'em that.

InChiefsHell
12-21-2004, 06:49 AM
I'm freakin hooked on the things. My wife had read them all, and kept urging me to read them. I just finished the last one a week ago, and find myself jonesing for the next one. This lady can really write some good stuff...I can't wait for the next one...

Saulbadguy
12-21-2004, 06:50 AM
I'm freakin hooked on the things. My wife had read them all, and kept urging me to read them. I just finished the last one a week ago, and find myself jonesing for the next one. This lady can really write some good stuff...I can't wait for the next one...
The movies are pretty good as well.

whoman69
12-21-2004, 06:51 AM
Sweeeeeet...I wonder how many pages it will be? If it continues the trend, it will be over 1,000...:D
I think Rowling has fallen in love with her own writing. I wonder how long it took her 10 year old fans to read her last ramblings.

Its all good though, she was probably down to her last $100 million and needed the money. By the time she's done with the series, the actors will all be 35.

Amnorix
12-21-2004, 07:19 AM

Ditto that. It's popcorn for the brain. Filler, but highly addicting...

Amnorix
12-21-2004, 07:20 AM
I think Rowling has fallen in love with her own writing. I wonder how long it took her 10 year old fans to read her last ramblings.

You see it all the time. As the author gets more and more famous, the editors lose more and more power to change anything. The authors also often get self-impressed with their own writing, and tend to wander alot from the beginning of the book to the end.

Tom Clancy leaps to mind here as a fine example.

Gaz
12-21-2004, 07:26 AM
...Tom Clancy leaps to mind here as a fine example.

Clive Barker
Stephen King

xoxo~
Gaz
Promises to listen to his editors when he becomes a best-selling novelist.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-21-2004, 07:33 AM
I just want to see Hermoine all grown up.

jollymon
12-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Thanks for posting the date, I hadn't checked to see if the release date had been put out there yet and am glad to know now :D

beavis
12-21-2004, 08:08 AM
I just want to see Hermoine all grown up.
pervert

Cochise
12-21-2004, 08:15 AM
I guess I'll be the first one to drop in here and question the sexuality of the Harry Potter fans. Especially beavis.

Chiefnj
12-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Oh goody. Another round of book burning by some misguided zealots. It's the Devil's work I tell ya.

SNR
12-21-2004, 05:15 PM

Its all good though, she was probably down to her last $100 million and needed the money. By the time she's done with the series, the actors will all be 35.The way the 5th book ended, I doubt many little kids will be reading the last two until they're old enough. A lot of dark stuff coming up, if it hasn't been like that already.

I'll be waiting to reserve this ASAP, although I won't get a chance to read it until July 26th, when I get back from teaching the summer music program at Luther again this year.