PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 05:17 PM
It was recommended by a veteran of this site to introduce myself since I am new.

Rain Man
12-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the Jamaica of Chiefs bulletin boards.

Count Alex's Losses
Welcome. Don't listen to what anyone says about that GoChiefs guy. He's awesome.

|Zach|
Welcome to the board buddy! I look forawrd to seeing you become active around here.

OldTownChief
12-21-2004, 05:20 PM
It was recommended by a veteran of this site to introduce myself since I am new. I am a transplanted Kansan living in Chicago that is obsessed with the Chiefs, win or lose. However as we all know, life is better when they are winning! I have suffered through the "winged T" with Levy, the drowning of Joe Delaney and the drafting of Percy Snow. However, this team is most exciting entertainment that can be watched IMO. I look for everything I can find on them, thanks to the internet. I knew Gunther was getting fired about the same time he did! Thanks for having me, I am sure I will learn a lot reading this site! : :thumb:

Hello Chicago

ChiTown
Welcome aboard!

Usually, the new guys bring doughnuts on their first day, but that's ok. We also except bourbon and brew ;)

Have fun!

CosmicPal
Welcome to the Planet. :thumb:

Don't read anything I ever write in here. It doesn't make any sense.

SBK
Will someone kick me in the nuts?

Rain Man
12-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the Belgium of Chiefs bulletin boards.

Phobia
12-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Well, before you're officially welcomed to the site, we simply must know who invited you.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Welcome homey. I live in Illinois too. Rock on.

Donger
12-21-2004, 05:23 PM
It was recommended by a veteran of this site to introduce myself since I am new. I am a transplanted Kansan living in Chicago that is obsessed with the Chiefs, win or lose. However as we all know, life is better when they are winning! I have suffered through the "winged T" with Levy, the drowning of Joe Delaney and the drafting of Percy Snow. However, this team is most exciting entertainment that can be watched IMO. I look for everything I can find on them, thanks to the internet. I knew Gunther was getting fired about the same time he did! Thanks for having me, I am sure I will learn a lot reading this site! : :thumb:

Welcome!

BTW, how often do you wash your legs?

Deberg_1990
12-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Welcome aboard! Just remember, everything you read on Chiefsplanet is Gospel and must be 100% true because you read it on the internet.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Well, before you're officially welcomed to the site, we simply must know who invited you.
I can not read the signature on the invitation as it is stained with Donkey tears. sorry. Actually, I found it doing an internet search and have been reading it for some time. Just decided to register today since I noticed a thread comparing QBs. I feel TG is way underated.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Welcome homey. I live in Illinois too. Rock on.
I mean hemey......sorry...

stevieray
12-21-2004, 05:30 PM
And phobia cries
cause if theres one thing that he don't need
is another internet ego to beat
on the planet......

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Welcome.... :thumb:

I don't know so much about the "I am sure I will learn a lot reading this site!" part, but it's always interesting, fun, and usually entertaining.

As a newbie, you are expected to log on at least once a week, totally shit-faced....and you must make a complete fool of yourself at least once a month by saying something totally stupid, innane, or otherwise embarrasing. We look forward to your contributions. :)

Skip Towne
12-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Welcome. Who sent you?

Ari Chi3fs
12-21-2004, 05:31 PM
:hmmm: and all this time, i thought this was teh Amsterdam of all Chiefs Message Boards.

Baby Lee
12-21-2004, 05:33 PM
I mean hemey......sorry...
Wait! So now Chicago is hemey-town?

ROFL

Phobia
12-21-2004, 05:35 PM
I can not read the signature on the invitation as it is stained with Donkey tears. sorry. Actually, I found it doing an internet search and have been reading it for some time.

You've been lurking for a while and still decided to register? Wow.

unlurking
12-21-2004, 05:35 PM
As a newbie, you are expected to log on at least once a week, totally shit-faced....and you must make a complete fool of yourself at least once a month by saying something totally stupid, innane, or otherwise embarrasing. We look forward to your contributions. :)

In other words, you are expected to make the veterans look intelligent. Don't try to hard, I don't remember the last time someone succeeded!

;)

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2004, 05:37 PM
BTW...

What's the significance of "hemied"?

Is that greek for anal-sex induced hemroids?

Or are you one of the fast food workers from the Dodge "Hemi" commercials?

:hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2004, 05:38 PM
In other words, you are expected to make the veterans look intelligent. Don't try to hard, I don't remember the last time someone succeeded!

;)

STFU, noob. :harumph:

:p

Rain Man
12-21-2004, 05:38 PM
:hmmm: and all this time, i thought this was teh Amsterdam of all Chiefs Message Boards.

A lot of people have that perception, but we don't have enough dikes.

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2004, 05:40 PM
A lot of people have that perception, but we don't have enough dikes.

I haven't been gettin' my methadone either... :harumph:

Raiderhader
12-21-2004, 05:42 PM

Yeah, usually about topics you would just as soon not learn anything about.

Welcome aboard.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 05:44 PM
BTW...

What's the significance of "hemied"?

Is that greek for anal-sex induced hemroids?

Or are you one of the fast food workers from the Dodge "Hemi" commercials?

:hmmm:

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-21-2004, 05:45 PM

I don't know so much about the "I am sure I will learn a lot reading this site!" part, but it's always interesting, fun, and usually entertaining.

Pay no attention to that guy hemey....he's just trying to find his replacement.

:)

Raiderhader
12-21-2004, 05:45 PM

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2004, 05:46 PM
One of my other obsessions is restoring old mopar muscle cars. One of my recent ones was a Hemi Road Runner, some of my friends started calling me Hemied.

Are you the one that says, "Sweeeee-eeeeeettt!"

Seriously, welcome. :thumb:

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 05:48 PM

Thanks, I promise the "shit faced" part will happen and I have already learned some on this site. It will be fun, thanks for all of the welcomes!

Rain Man
12-21-2004, 05:49 PM
One of my other obsessions is restoring old mopar muscle cars. One of my recent ones was a Hemi Road Runner, some of my friends started calling me Hemied.

I was just thinking the other day that we needed more people on here with multiple obsessions.

MichaelH
12-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Welcome hemied! I'm a muscle car and Mopar fan myself. I don't have a garage at the moment, but dream of the day for my first Road Runner or Baracuda restoration. Enjoy and post often.

stevieray
12-21-2004, 05:53 PM
I was just thinking the other day that we needed more people on here with multiple obsessions.

like picking on handicapped people because your alley is too small.

Rain Man
12-21-2004, 05:55 PM
like picking on handicapped people because your alley is too small.

I would call that more of a hobby than an obsession.

Thig Lyfe
12-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Hey, Percy Snow kicks ass!

Welcome. And don't forget to pay your membership dues every week.

stevieray
12-21-2004, 05:57 PM

I'd bet that most obsessions start as hobbies.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Welcome hemied! I'm a muscle car and Mopar fan myself. I don't have a garage at the moment, but dream of the day for my first Road Runner or Baracuda restoration. Enjoy and post often.

ENDelt260
12-21-2004, 05:59 PM
I'd bet that most obsessions start as hobbies.
Or an "innocent" crush.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Hey, Percy Snow kicks ass!

Welcome. And don't forget to pay your membership dues every week.
Do I send the dues directly to you? How much? :hmmm:

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 06:03 PM

Raiderhader
12-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Thanks, I do not want to divert the attention away from the main subject but I just finished a 68 Barracuda convertible, my 12th Mopar Restoration. I do not work on them during the Chiefs season though, hopefull soon I will not be able to start until mid February! Good luck with your dream!

Sweet, another "win every time you take the field" addition to the board.

Count Alex's Losses
12-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Or an "innocent" crush.

Hee.

Thig Lyfe
12-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Do I send the dues directly to you? How much? :hmmm:

It's $1000 for the first 20 weeks, then $500 for each week after that.

And yes, I accept paypal.

2bikemike
12-21-2004, 06:10 PM
He welcome aboard Noob. Another gear head we have a few on here.

BTW if you ever restore an old Mopar and for some dumbass reason you get a wild hair and paint it Apricot color Rainman will be interested.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=2bikemike]He welcome aboard Noob. Another gear head we have a few on here.

2bikemike
12-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Thanks, apricot, must be more to the story. A "slammed" 70 Cuda would look good that color probably. It would need to have the 18-20 inch wheels with the rubber band tires to make that color work, still a stretch though.

Yeah but on a Beemer its just gay!

We don't want to encourage Rainman!

Rain Man
12-21-2004, 06:25 PM
I think that most cars would look good in apricot. In fact, Henry Ford almost went with apricot as his color for the Model T before he changed his mind and went with black.

Chieficus
12-21-2004, 06:27 PM
I think that most cars would look good in apricot. In fact, Henry Ford almost went with apricot as his color for the Model T before he changed his mind and went with black.

Never would have worked... back then all it was was another shade of gray...

I'm going to go beat myself up for that joke now... sorry...

go bowe
12-21-2004, 06:31 PM
I think that most cars would look good in apricot. In fact, Henry Ford almost went with apricot as his color for the Model T before he changed his mind and went with black.and that's the biggest mistake he ever made...

Logical
12-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Psicosis sends a welcoming message from afar. He would send it personally but he has left FOREVER.

Welcome.

booger
12-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Mopar?

You know what that stands for?

More
Old
Parts
Assembled by
Retards.

I'm a chevy guy myself.

Seriously, restoring the old muscle cars is something I wish i had the money and knowledge/skill to do. :thumb:

welcome aboard.

Phobia
12-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Today, I restored my old man's 94 Dodge Dakota after a chance meeting with a deer while in Texas. Can I change my name to hemipar?

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Mopar?

You know what that stands for?

More
Old
Parts
Assembled by
Retards.

I'm a chevy guy myself.

Seriously, restoring the old muscle cars is something I wish i had the money and knowledge/skill to do. :thumb:

welcome aboard.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Today, I restored my old man's 94 Dodge Dakota after a chance meeting with a deer while in Texas. Can I change my name to hemipar?

booger
12-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Chevys are good, a lot of people like them. I drove them in the 70s for a while when most Detroit stuff was junk. Now they are all good, and toys are even better! Thanks for the welcome!
:thumb:

I like to watch shows like Overhaulin etc, to see what they do next. Pretty amazing to see how they can take an old car and moderize it to todays standards and still have the power behind them that all muscle cars do.

booger
12-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah but did you put the deer in the back of the truck and take it home and eat it?

2bikemike
12-21-2004, 06:51 PM
:thumb:

I like to watch shows like Overhaulin etc, to see what they do next. Pretty amazing to see how they can take an old car and moderize it to todays standards and still have the power behind them that all muscle cars do.

Foose is pretty damn amazing if you ask me.

the Talking Can
12-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Thanks, I do not want to divert the attention away from the main subject....

yes, what ever you do- don't do that!

we play it straight here, no tangents....ever

booger
12-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Foose is pretty damn amazing if you ask me.
Agreed. He makes some nice wheels too.

chiefs4me
12-21-2004, 07:31 PM

So you found the planet on a search like you told Phob,,,or a veteran told you about it,,,,,which is it?:hmmm:

ROYC75
12-21-2004, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the planet......

Happy Holidays ! :thumb:

Skip Towne
12-21-2004, 07:41 PM
So you found the planet on a search like you told Phob,,,or a veteran told you about it,,,,,which is it?:hmmm:
None,,,,,,of your,,,,,,business,,,

bogie
12-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Welcome aboard. Merry Christmas and Happy Noob year! I've enjoyed it so far, but the dues are a little steep.

4th and Long
12-21-2004, 07:48 PM
http://www.asisupplier.com/91262/_images/XA3348B_WELCOME_ABOARD.gif

Iowanian
12-21-2004, 08:16 PM

hey Joe,

Please take it easy on Iowanian, as he is very sensitive and easily hurt by the written word on the internet.

Dang maaaaan.....

Nzoner
12-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks, I promise the "shit faced" part will happen and I have already learned some on this site.

Been lurking during a night crew thread I see.

Do stop in for a vist some "shit faced" night and share your Drunkenze with us.

Welcome aboard.

Bowser
12-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Welcome, Hemied. :thumb:

Bowser
12-21-2004, 08:37 PM

Hemipar, hemorrhoid...........whichever................

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 09:24 PM
It was both, I made my first post and the veteran said I should do this.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 09:27 PM
http://www.asisupplier.com/91262/_images/XA3348B_WELCOME_ABOARD.gif

Wow, this is getting better and better!

Phobia
12-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Yeah but did you put the deer in the back of the truck and take it home and eat it?

I smacked that bitch square in the shoulder and head. Turned around to find it, put it out of its misery, and field strip it for the locker....

No sign of it anywhere.

Of course, I was only looking on one headlight, but I expected to find it bleating in the ditch. Nowhere.

I'm glad I was in the old man's truck, though. I fixed it for under $500. My truck probably would have deployed both airbags and done about $5000 to the front end.

Phobia
12-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Haa Ha, sounds like the fun begins. You restored it about like Frank Ganz did the Chiefs! :deevee:
So that means you took out the drive train and interior, all of the glass, completely reworked the body and all of the parts and put them back together with new parts in one day, amazing!

It took about an hour.... I'm pretty quick.

Kraut
12-21-2004, 09:48 PM
Welcome :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2004, 09:49 PM
.... I'm pretty quick.

That's what Pink says about you too.

Phobia
12-21-2004, 09:51 PM
That's what Pink says about you too.

Nah, she really starts complaining when the clock strikes 60 minutes.

2bikemike
12-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Nah, she really starts complaining when the clock strikes 60 minutes.

Then She gives up and goes to bed without you huh?

Phobia get off that damn Chiefs Planet!

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Nah, she really starts complaining when the clock strikes 60 seconds.

I fixed that for you, Phil.

BTW, welcome back. Texas went alright? Other than the deer?

Phobia
12-21-2004, 09:58 PM
BTW, welcome back. Texas went alright? Other than the deer?

Yeah. Really well. They want us back in the spring. They also want me to build them a house.

I'm contemplating a move to that area. They're really strapped for builders there. Killer area. Kinda rural, but within a hour driving distance of both Austin and San Antonio. I love it there.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 10:01 PM
It took about an hour.... I'm pretty quick.

Phobia
12-21-2004, 10:06 PM
This was my first deer. Again, I'm glad I was in my Dad's truck.

Frazod
12-21-2004, 10:11 PM
Another Chiefs fan trapped in Bears hell. Welcome aboard. :thumb:

I've been up here since '87. Made the move out of the city to the burbs a few years ago, but I still work downtown.

Mr. Kotter
12-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah. Really well. They want us back in the spring. They also want me to build them a house.

I'm contemplating a move to that area. They're really strapped for builders there. Killer area. Kinda rural, but within a hour driving distance of both Austin and San Antonio. I love it there.

We're seriously thinking about movin' South for me to become a principal in the next two or three years--if it ain't in the cards here; guess we'll see. I've always liked Texas though...

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Another Chiefs fan trapped in Bears hell. Welcome aboard. :thumb:

I've been up here since '87. Made the move out of the city to the burbs a few years ago, but I still work downtown.

Frazod
12-21-2004, 10:29 PM
I actually live 30 miles west in the Burbs. Have to go downtown about once a year to something. I exist here but live in Chiefs land. Thanks for the welcome, being exposed to the Bears futility makes me appreciate the Chiefs organization all the more. I was able to get 50 yard line seats at Lambeau last year when the Chiefs came back and won. What an experience!

You must be fairly close, then, because I live in Naperville.

I've been to Lambeau once, but would never go back. My ass is too wide for the 6" of bench space they allot as an alleged seat. :spock:

I'd like to get to a game at the new Soldier Field at some point, but didn't bother this year. I understand it's really nice on the inside. Sure looks like crap from the outside, though. Matches the Bears' play perfectly. :D

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 10:34 PM
You must be fairly close, then, because I live in Naperville.

I've been to Lambeau once, but would never go back. My ass is too wide for the 6" of bench space they allot as an alleged seat. :spock:

I'd like to get to a game at the new Soldier Field at some point, but didn't bother this year. I understand it's really nice on the inside. Sure looks like crap from the outside, though. Matches the Bears' play perfectly. :D

Frazod
12-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Naperville is not far, I get there a lot. If you have not been to Lambeau in the last two years you would be shocked, it is very nice now. First time I went 8 years ago they had 50k cheeseheads trying to squeeze through one 3 foot door to take piss in a trolph. Now they have modern facilities, even chair back seats! They spent a lot of money on the place, and the fans respected us Chiefs fans. There must have been 4-5k Chiefs fans there, it was very nice.

Damn, if I'd known they had real seats, I'd have went. :banghead:

That would have been a great game to see in person. Glad you got to go.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Damn, if I'd known they had real seats, I'd have went. :banghead:

That would have been a great game to see in person. Glad you got to go.

booger
12-21-2004, 11:28 PM
I smacked that bitch square in the shoulder and head. Turned around to find it, put it out of its misery, and field strip it for the locker....

No sign of it anywhere.

Of course, I was only looking on one headlight, but I expected to find it bleating in the ditch. Nowhere.

I'm glad I was in the old man's truck, though. I fixed it for under $500. My truck probably would have deployed both airbags and done about $5000 to the front end.

I hit a young buck a few years back in an older S-10. His head took out the passenger side headlight and scratched the crap out of the hood, while the rest of it wrapped around the front fender. From the impact the deer shit everywhere. I had shit splatterred from the door all the way back along the side of the bed to the tailights.

The truck ran good and that was all I cared about. Not something i washed weekly or anything like that. This was in the middle of winter so I had frozen shit on that for 2 months or more and by the next time I had washed it the paint came off with the frozen shit. ROFL

Rausch
12-21-2004, 11:48 PM

Nothing better than new blood.

Welcome aboard. Just don't let anyone ruffle yer' feathers... :thumb:

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Nothing better than new blood.

Welcome aboard. Just don't let anyone ruffle yer' feathers... :thumb:

Rausch
12-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks Rausch, I appreciate that, I will keep your words of wisdom in mind. I am kind of sensitive about the Chiefs, one of my local Bear fan Buddies was over watching a Chiefs game with me a few years ago. They were having a bad game and he said the sucked, I told him if he said that again he could leave!

Nah, don't do that.

Spike his beer with ex-lax... :)

Frazod
12-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Speaking of Chief fans in the Chicago area, Brad, when the hell are you coming up here?

mcan
12-22-2004, 04:41 AM
Welcome to the site Hem... Thanks for the input on Tait's performance in Chicago too... I'm really interested in how those guys play considering Terry Shea was our guy. Hopefully you will turn it around. I WAS one of the big Tait supporters while he was here, and I'm sad to see that his play has diminished. It does lend some creadence to my philosophy that people play to the level of the people around them, particularly the people on THIER side of the field.

ptlyon
12-22-2004, 06:37 AM
Welcome! :toast:

HemiEd
12-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Welcome to the site Hem... Thanks for the input on Tait's performance in Chicago too... I'm really interested in how those guys play considering Terry Shea was our guy. Hopefully you will turn it around. I WAS one of the big Tait supporters while he was here, and I'm sad to see that his play has diminished. It does lend some creadence to my philosophy that people play to the level of the people around them, particularly the people on THIER side of the field.

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 11:17 AM
(chanting)
Fresh Fish. fresh Fish.....fish! fish! fish! fish!

MOhillbilly
12-22-2004, 11:19 AM
obligatory post.

shakesthecat
12-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Hola, hemied!

StcChief
12-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Hemied...Welcome to the planet.

Bearcat
12-22-2004, 12:17 PM

He's actually my older brother.

Rain Man
12-22-2004, 12:19 PM

There are more of you out there?

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Slayer SR!

htismaqe
12-22-2004, 12:21 PM

ROFL

Jenny Gump
12-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Welcome. Are you hot?

Deberg_1990
12-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Welcome. Are you hot?

Easy there Jenny! You can go to Yahoo or AOL if you are looking to "Hookup" ??

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 12:46 PM

You just can't stay put, can you?

Jenny Gump
12-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Easy there Jenny! You can go to Yahoo or AOL if you are looking to "Hookup" ??

Yahoo schmahoo. Not looking to hookup. Just wondered whether the noob has a healthy self-esteem.

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Not something i washed weekly or anything like that.

Ok, I don't wash my truck regularly either, but if there was SHIT on it, it would get cleaned that day.

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Yahoo schmahoo. Not looking to hookup. Just wondered whether the noob has a healthy self-esteem.
Or, possibly, an overactive furnace.

Jenny Gump
12-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Or, possibly, an overactive furnace.

That went right over my head.

Phobia
12-22-2004, 12:52 PM
You just can't stay put, can you?

I really like Texas. Especially that area. Plus I might have my parents talked into the move, too. I wanna buy a big ranch and build a compound for Klosters.

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 12:53 PM
I really like Texas. Especially that area. Plus I might have my parents talked into the move, too. I wanna buy a big ranch and build a compound for Klosters.
I look forward to watching the ATF raid on CNN.

stevieray
12-22-2004, 01:55 PM
I look forward to watching the ATF raid on CNN.

you really think this is phob's idea...?

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 02:22 PM
I get it now........Hemi-Ed

Can't believe non of you picked up on the Joe Dirt.

HemiEd
12-22-2004, 02:40 PM
I get it now........Hemi-Ed

Can't believe non of you picked up on the Joe Dirt.

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Iowanian identifies w/ Mr. Dirt. Rumor has it, if one drives by the Iowaniranch on the right night, once can hear shrieks of "I'm your sister! I'm your sister!" escaping from Brideowanian's lungs.

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 02:46 PM
nice.

Mah Hemi's in teh shop.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Welcome. Are you hot?
:clap:

That's very "prototypical of the male planet membership" of you Jenny. Nicely played.

HemiEd
12-22-2004, 02:50 PM
:clap:

That's very "prototypical of the male planet membership" of you Jenny. Nicely played.

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 02:52 PM
Jenny should know that all the male posters except Iowanian, look like Longtime Carnies.

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Jenny should know that all the male posters except Iowanian, look like Longtime Carnies.
She's into that, tho.

Reminds her of family.

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 03:11 PM

Smart and RICH,,,,,hmmmmmm

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Iowanian identifies w/ Mr. Dirt. Rumor has it, if one drives by the Iowaniranch on the right night, once can hear shrieks of "I'm your sister! I'm your sister!" escaping from Brideowanian's lungs.

:eek:

booger
12-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Ok, I don't wash my truck regularly either, but if there was SHIT on it, it would get cleaned that day.
well your not a true fan, i mean redneck.

booger
12-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Will this ranch have goats and sheep? Every ranch needs goats and sheep. LLamma's too.

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Will this ranch have goats and sheep? Every ranch needs goats and sheep. LLamma's too.
What about alpacas? I love alpacas.

booger
12-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Don't know what they are and too lazy to look.

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Don't know what they are and too lazy to look.
You've never seen the TV commercials for ilovealpacas.com?

OldTownChief
12-22-2004, 03:29 PM

ROFL http://www.ilovealpacas.com/

booger
12-22-2004, 03:29 PM
You've never seen the TV commercials for ilovealpacas.com?
not that i recall.

booger
12-22-2004, 03:30 PM
ROFL http://www.ilovealpacas.com/
Ok, just like a LLamma. I wonder if they spit like camels.

OldTownChief
12-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Ok, just like a LLamma. I wonder if they spit like camels.

Not sure how they spit but...
Investment Potential
Investment facts

Alpacas have been called "the world's finest livestock investment." It is difficult to compare alpacas with other investments as pure investments. How much is peace of mind worth? Unlike the stock market, alpacas are depreciable over five years, giving the investor an immediate investment return in tax savings while the herd is growing.

Breeding stock held for more than one year is subject to capital gains, and alpacas qualify for Section 179 of the I.R.C., which, for 2003 and 2004, allows an alpaca farmer to depreciate the first $100,000 of the investment and there is potential for 50% bonus depreciation through December 31, 2004. Consult your tax advisor on how it might benefit you. As you raise your alpacas, all expenses (i.e., food, veterinarian, supplies, computers, travel, tractors, showing, advertising, etc.), are deductible. In many states, those involved in farming will have a significant reduction in their real estate taxes. Unlike many investments, alpacas are 100% insurable.

Alpacas are not inexpensive, ranging from $10,000 to $40,000 for breeding females and $5,000 to $35,000 for high quality males. High quality proven males with exceptional offspring have sold in excess of $200,000. In many cases, financing your alpaca purchase can be done right on the farm as many alpaca breeders offer financing.

The alpaca herd grows at a limited rate, which helps to keep the supply and demand in check because:

* Gestation periods are only eleven months to a year with single births.
* The Alpaca Registry, Inc. (ARI) offers fully blood-typed protection and has been closed since 1998 to any newly imported animals.
* The U.S. government does not currently have a high security portal into the U.S. for animals imported from countries that have hoof and mouth disease, which at this time includes Peru and Bolivia. The only high security quarantine station that was in operation in Key West, Florida was closed permanently by the Clinton administration.
* Mass production techniques, such as embryo transfer and artificial insemination, are difficult, if not impossible, due to the physical characteristics of the alpaca. More importantly, the Registry will not recognize any animals that are not produced naturally.

The Alpaca Registry, Inc.

The Alpaca Registry, Inc. (ARI) offers fully blood-typed protection to all alpaca owners. The registry has been closed since 1998 to any newly imported animals. It is very important for investors of alpacas to purchase only ARI registered alpacas. You will not be able to register alpacas unless both of their parents are currently registered with ARI.
All you need is love

Adding to the overall investment picture is the fact that alpacas are inexpensive to raise, require small acreage, and are very hardy animals. Friendly and trainable yet hardy and tough, the alpaca is truly an investment you can hug. Have you ever hugged your stocks? To learn more about alpacas, visit an alpaca farm or ranch near you.

booger
12-22-2004, 03:35 PM
I guess I do have a dirty alpaca joke if anyone wants to hear it.

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 03:36 PM
I guess I do have a dirty alpaca joke if anyone wants to hear it.
Do tell.

booger
12-22-2004, 03:38 PM
why do alpaca farmers fornicate with alpaca's next to a cliff?

That is the only way they can get them to push back.

OldTownChief
12-22-2004, 03:40 PM
If I have to spend $10,000 to $40,000 on a breeding female, she better damn well push back.

booger
12-22-2004, 03:42 PM
If I have to spend $10,000 to $40,000 on a breeding female, she better damn well push back.
ROFL

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 09:04 PM
ROFL