PDA

View Full Version : Beltran to NY?

beavis
12-21-2004, 11:45 PM
Pulled this off an article on ESPN. It'll be a real kick in the balls to have to watch him in pinstripes next year. :Lin:

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1951207)

Yankees officials weren't available following DePodesta's announcement. Principal owner George Steinbrenner, president Randy Levine and GM Brian Cashman were in Tampa, Fla., meeting with free-agent center fielder Carlos Beltran. An offer to Beltran was not made, although one is expected to come at a later date. Beltran is scheduled to meet with other teams.

HemiEd
12-21-2004, 11:59 PM
Pulled this off an article on ESPN. It'll be a real kick in the balls to have to watch him in pinstripes next year. :Lin:

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1951207)

He is an incredible talent, but IMO he was never a Royal. He was in the line-up and wore the uniform but he was not dedicated to the KC Royals. He was always about Beltran, even though he was the second best talent to ever wear the uniform. From the time he got hurt in his Rookie year, he defied the team instructions for rehab. He was a "me guy". Just like Johnny Damon.

Frazod
12-22-2004, 12:03 AM
This is inevitable. Look for both him and Johnson to end up playing for those pricks.

If only the Yankmees had made to the WS this year. I think the Cards would have taken them. Probably my last chance to see any team I like win it all in baseball.

tk13
12-22-2004, 12:04 AM
At least they didn't get Randy Johnson... for now.

Miles
12-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Not much of a suprise there after the Johnson deal fell though for now. Gave them a chance to focus their cash elsewhere for now.

Miles
12-22-2004, 12:14 AM
This is inevitable. Look for both him and Johnson to end up playing for those pricks.

If only the Yankmees had made to the WS this year. I think the Cards would have taken them. Probably my last chance to see any team I like win it all in baseball.

Hopefully the Cards will still have a shot at it over the next few seasons. The big spending doesnt screw them as bad since they are in the NL.

Frazod
12-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Hopefully the Cards will still have a shot at it over the next few seasons. The big spending doesnt screw them as bad since they are in the NL.

Yeah, and they do have a decent payroll. But it's still less than half of New York's. Upon the completion of Scumbrenner's orgy of greed, it'll be about a third. :shake:

Miles
12-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Yeah, and they do have a decent payroll. But it's still less than half of New York's. Upon the completion of Scumbrenner's orgy of greed, it'll be about a third. :shake:

Along with Boston, The Angles are quickly geting up there too. They may be up to 120 mil by the end of this offseason. Really sucks for AL fans because there is very little chance another team could get though that shit to make the WS.

Mojo Rising
12-22-2004, 12:31 AM
Baseball is a tough sport to watch without the Cap. As a Dodger fan I shouldn't complain about it because we spend the max and don't know how to spend it all.

GO LA

Logical
12-22-2004, 01:45 AM
Yeah, and they do have a decent payroll. But it's still less than half of New York's. Upon the completion of Scumbrenner's orgy of greed, it'll be about a third. :shake:What's hilarious is despite all the money he spends on player he still makes a shitload more money from the Yankees baseball operations than any other club except maybe the Red Sox such are the local media revenues and the NYY radio network. Baseball does not just need a cap it needs true revenue sharing.

ROYC75
12-22-2004, 07:43 AM
If baseball ever had a cap, the Yankees would probally fold not knowing how to build a team of lesser talent.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Go Royals.