PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a guy staying?

CanadaKC
12-21-2004, 11:30 PM
Head coach Dick Vermeil said last week that second-year RB Larry Johnson is gaining confidence and a better understanding of whatís happening in the running game. OG Will Shields echoed those sentiments, telling PFW that he has seen a maturing process in Johnson, who previously grumbled about not getting enough playing time and not being traded in October. ďItís difficult when you come into the league as a first-round pick and also behind an MVP-type player,Ē Shields said of Johnson sitting behind the likes of Priest Holmes. ďThatís one of those things like they want you there, but itís tough to swallow because the guy in front of you is no slouch. Itís not like youíre coming in to take somebodyís job, unless you can prove it. And thatís tough to do when you canít touch the field. And thatís it with him, he has shown the patience.Ē He may very well have shown the patience, but Johnson hardly sounds sold on K.C. being his home for the long term despite his increased role and sudden success the past few weeks. ďI couldnít care less,Ē Johnson shocked reporters by saying last week. ďIf Iím here today, tomorrow, or Iím not here next year or the next two or three years, I donít mind. Itís just a situation that has to be great for me. Itís a business like everybody tells me, so Iím looking for the best business position I can (get) regardless of where it is.Ē

tk13
12-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Change that from PHP to "quote".... this is the widest thread ever.

tk13
12-21-2004, 11:37 PM
I also forsee this quote in Logical's signature soon.

Joe Seahawk
12-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Change that from PHP to "quote".... this is the widest thread ever.
Indeed.. ROFL

Logical
12-21-2004, 11:41 PM
I also forsee this quote in Logical's signature soon.
Nope I don't care enough about Leon to bother. I admit he probably should
be kept over Blaylock. I wish they could both be kept. I only wish I was
still a mod so I could fix this horrible thread.:harumph:

Rausch
12-21-2004, 11:42 PM
This thread makes my eyes hurt. Hit return every other other line or just.........gah.......REFORMAT IT!

tk13
12-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Indeed.. ROFL
This thread is so wide...

Audience: How wide is it?

... this thread is so wide, Louie Anderson just called, he wants his belt back.

Rausch
12-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Nope I don't care enough about Leon to bother. I admit he probably should
be kept over Blaylock. I wish they could both be kept. I only wish I was
still a mod so I could fix this horrible thread.:harumph:

Why aren't you? I've seen no reason why you shouldn't be...

Douche Baggins
12-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Dammit Larry...why do you have to be such an asshole. You're endearing yourself to fans with your onfield performance.

Rausch
12-21-2004, 11:47 PM
This thread is so wide...

Audience: How wide is it?

... this thread is so wide, Louie Anderson just called, he wants his belt back.

This thread is so wide it gives Sperm whales an inferiority compelx...

Phobia
12-21-2004, 11:50 PM
It was wrapping fine for me. Is it better now?

Logical
12-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Why aren't you? I've seen no reason why you shouldn't be...

Lets just say that my chemical imbalances from the at the time
untreated kidney disease had me making bad judgements. No longer being
a moderator was in the best interests of the BB.

Logical
12-21-2004, 11:51 PM
It was wrapping fine for me. Is it better now?No

Taco John
12-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Bobby Humphrey, thy name is Larry Johnson...

Rausch
12-21-2004, 11:53 PM

My attitude is $3it too, big deal.

I just hope it was your decision and not forced upon you..

Taco John
12-21-2004, 11:53 PM

The good news is, he no longer posts in drag... ;)

(/just ribbin ya, Jim...)

OldTownChief
12-21-2004, 11:54 PM
It was wrapping fine for me. Is it better now?

It was wrapping fine for me as well. It's just all freaky blue and green.

Phobia
12-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Well, I messed up his formatting, but I'm sure it's wrapping fine, now.

CanadaKC
12-22-2004, 12:09 AM
sorry bout that... :banghead:

King_Chief_Fan
12-22-2004, 07:00 AM
You all act shocked that a player is out for himself.
Are there any loyal owners out there doing the right thing for the players? Nope........... Larry is right, it is a business. So, for now, he will conduct business in KC

kc1977
12-22-2004, 07:18 AM
You all act shocked that a player is out for himself.
Are there any loyal owners out there doing the right thing for the players? Nope........... Larry is right, it is a business. So, for now, he will conduct business in KC

You're absolutely right. I can't believe that people here believe anyone would act any differently put under the same crap that Vickie D has put LJ under. Vermeil has screwed this kid from the beginning, and he has put a shell on to protect himself. Now that he is doing something for Vickie, and VD is showing him some love, but if I was LJ, I'd never trust that man again in my life.

Vermeil is supposedly this stand up guy all full of integrity..but we all know that's just BS. The way he came in here and weaseled Gunther's Job, all the times he's lied to the fans, how he has treated LJ.

LJ has been treated like a business decision his whole time here, why shouldn't he treat everything like a bus. decision then?

Warrior5
12-22-2004, 07:33 AM
You all act shocked that a player is out for himself. Are there any loyal owners out there doing the right thing for the players? Nope........... Larry is right, it is a business. So, for now, he will conduct business in KC

KCF, I think it's a given that players are always looking out for themselves. I think it's also a given that LJ is thankful to CP for sticking behind him; he's said so publicly. LJ may have some legitimate gripes about being in DV's doghouse, and DV's diaper remarks. He has the right to have a somewhat "I told you so" attitude.

He may not care what fans think, but he's NOT endearing himself to his teammates with these comments. Hope that O-line (who do think in terms of the team, and to whom he owes much of his success), has a little locker-room chat with him today.

htismaqe
12-22-2004, 07:34 AM
When Priest says it, it's ok. When Larry says it, he's a cancer.

Big Chief Homer
12-22-2004, 07:47 AM
IMO it depends on who the next GM and head coach are.If carl is still here I think Lj stays.He knows Dick is gone next year and many of his teammates also(maybe including Priest).If saunders is the next H.C. and carl is gone I think Lj splits,but if theres a new gm and HC(other than saunders)and they promise him the world he might stay.I say hes soured on the whole chiefs experience.

JazzzLovr
12-22-2004, 07:50 AM
My attitude is $3it too, big deal.

I just hope it was your decision and not forced upon you..

No. I carried the torch, Russ carried the pitchfork, and we led the angry mob to break down the doors and oust Vladenstein from the moderator's club.

:p

Gaz
12-22-2004, 08:08 AM

A double standard?

On ChiefsPlanet?

Dude, you take that back right now!

xoxo~
Gaz
Shocked, absolutely shocked.

Frankie
12-22-2004, 08:09 AM
ďI couldnít care less,Ē Johnson shocked reporters by saying...

That says it all.

kc1977
12-22-2004, 08:32 AM

That says it all.

Tells me the guy is pretty intelligent. As opposed to those who "could care less".

Rain Man
12-22-2004, 08:33 AM
A double standard?

On ChiefsPlanet?

Dude, you take that back right now!

xoxo~
Gaz
Shocked, absolutely shocked.

It's acceptable for KCwolfman or headsnap to say this, but I don't think it's right for gaz to say it.

Gaz
12-22-2004, 09:04 AM
It's acceptable for KCwolfman or headsnap to say this, but I don't think it's right for gaz to say it.

It is just that kind of knee-jerk Gazist mentality that keeps me a second-class citizen.

xoxo~
Gaz
Oppressed minority of one.

RINGLEADER
12-22-2004, 10:09 AM

That says it all.

My thoughts exactly...it's tough to argue that the guy is a team player when he doesn't care what team he's on - as long as it's good for LJ, Inc. I don't even think Kellen Winslow Jr. would say something like that.

tk13
12-22-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't think LJ is a cancer at all, so I guess it really doesn't apply to your statement, but to be fair, there is a difference when a 30 year old veteran looking for his first (and last) big payday after 2 seasons of finally proving his worth behind stellar play says it and a 24 year old "rookie" who has 1 NFL start says it....

penchief
12-22-2004, 02:23 PM
I think he just tells it like he sees it. These comments don't say that he wouldn't be perfectly happy as a Chief for life. Basically, it doesn't matter where he plays. He's gonna play somewhere and he thinks he'll do just fine where ever that is. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean he wants out of KC.

It's not all that hard to understand when you realize this guy has spent his entire life to get to this point. He's earned it and he deserves it. He feels that he was deprived of a fair chance, at first, but now he has his chance and he is proving he was right. If this team doesn't value his skills there are plenty of other teams that will.

It's as simple as that. I don't see how anyone can blame him for feeling that way. Just like Priest and his "show me the money" strategy, LJ is simply saying that he will have a job in the NFL somewhere. KC is just as good a place as any as long as the Chiefs want him.