PDA

View Full Version : "I can't wait to see how the Raider offense looks in 2005. Gonna make chef fans sick"

cmh6476
12-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Are these guys delusional?

http://www.raiderforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=68865#68865

cmh6476
12-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Here's the entire quote:

Eddie Kennison & the other chef WR's are simply direct beneficeries of QB/system continuity, the outstanding running game and TE play.

The Raider WR's are much more talented than their chef counterparts because they are accomplishing everything with NO running game, a new QB and a new system.

I'm not at all saying that Kennison isn't a 'good' football player, he is, but as I've argued from day-1, the top 3 RAIDER WR's are more valueble than the top-3 chef WR's. Period.

I can't wait to see how the Raider offense looks in 2005. It's going to make chef fans SICK. :eek: :eek:

HC_Chief
12-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Sick from laughing so hard.
JIMMY effing RAYE is their OC.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

htismaqe
12-22-2004, 09:11 AM
This post is my favorite:

Eddie Kennison is an average WR. Like it was stated above, he benefits from other parts of your offense. Defenses have to try and stop your running game. Not too many have been successful at it. But when opposing teams play the Chiefs, the first thing the D Coordinators say is 'how do we stop the run'. 'If we get beat by the pass, that's the chance we'll take'. Teams have to blitz and stick 8 men in the box if they want to stop the run against the Chiefs. When you do that, it leaves a lot of one on one coverage.
I haven't seen too many Chief games but I'll bet that this is the case.

cmh6476
12-22-2004, 09:14 AM
hey, i missed that. Thanks :thumb:

KCTitus
12-22-2004, 09:15 AM

I think one of our planeteers wrote that one...

cmh6476
12-22-2004, 09:17 AM
oh :(

htismaqe
12-22-2004, 09:26 AM
oh :(

He was being sarcastic. ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-22-2004, 09:27 AM
I don't believe anyone who is a Chiefs fan has ever said Kennison is anything more than a decent #2 reciever. The Raiders recievers are better than ours in general. But so what. Our line, running game and QB are all better than theirs. If we are able to create a successful passing game because of our strong running game...that's called playing good football. Duh Raiders fans...

:rolleyes:

(just posting this for lurking Raiders fans for any of you about to say yea, we know)

cmh6476
12-22-2004, 09:29 AM
I don't believe anyone who is a Chiefs fan has ever said Kennison is anything more than a decent #2 reciever. The Raiders recievers are better than ours in general. But so what. Our line, running game and QB are all better than theirs. If we are able to create a successful passing game because of our strong running game...that's called playing good football. Duh Raiders fans...

:rolleyes:nice :thumb:

HC_Chief
12-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Our line, running game and QB are all better than theirs

So is our HC (even if he is a dottering old senile coot) and our OC.... <i>especially</i> our OC. Al may get pass happy every once in a while, but I'll take him ANY day over "Stooge number one".

KCTitus
12-22-2004, 09:41 AM
He was being sarcastic. ROFL

Read that again and tell me it doesnt scream genious (chiefsplanet spelling)

htismaqe
12-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Read that again and tell me it doesnt scream genious (chiefsplanet spelling)

I thought it screamed looser (chiefsplanet spelling)...

Spinkterfece

Frankie
12-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Here's the entire quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eddie Kennison & the other chef WR's are simply direct beneficeries of QB/system continuity, the outstanding running game and TE play.

The Raider WR's are much more talented than their chef counterparts because they are accomplishing everything with NO running game, a new QB and a new system.

I'm not at all saying that Kennison isn't a 'good' football player, he is, but as I've argued from day-1, the top 3 RAIDER WR's are more valueble than the top-3 chef WR's. Period.

I can't wait to see how the Raider offense looks in 2005. It's going to make chef fans SICK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How true can this assessment be when Porter is in the Chiefs uniform? ROFL

Hey,... Porter/Parker,... Parker/Porter. That's catchy for a WR tandem. :thumb:

Lzen
12-22-2004, 10:46 AM

ROFL Il bet I know to whom you're referring. :hmmm:

Cochise
12-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Curry is going to turn into a bigtime player I think.

But, if/when Porter leaves, who do they have on offense that is worth anything?

Sorry... Kerry Collins and a stable full of rejected backup running backs doesn't exactly strike fear into my heart.

TheNextStep
12-22-2004, 11:15 AM
So what happens, Cochise, if the Raiders re-sign Porter and draft a guy like Cedric Benson in round 1?

Lots can happen between now and then. I think that the guy saying that we're going to make the Chiefs sick with how good our offense is going to be is entirely too optimistic... but it is probably way to early to completely dismiss any offensive improvement as well...

PastorMikH
12-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Wow! We play the Faiders saturday and their fans are already hoping they can beat us NEXT YEAR.

ROFL

TheNextStep
12-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Not so, Pastor... at least, not in my case. I'm hoping to ruin your Christmas AND beat your next year. :)

(Seriously, I'm only hoping to ruin one small part of your Christmas - I hope the rest of your day is wonderful for you and yours.)

Cochise
12-22-2004, 11:23 AM
So what happens, Cochise, if the Raiders re-sign Porter and draft a guy like Cedric Benson in round 1?

I don't know. I'm sure that looks good, but someone could trade up over you, or he could turn out to be the next Ki-Jana Carter. Or he could have to run behind a porous offensive line. or the D could suck so bad it wouldn't matter.

I'm just saying... when Jimmy Raye et al fields a great offense... I'll believe it when I see it.

mikey23545
12-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Hey, I already get sick whenever I watch the Raiders....

Clint in Wichita
12-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Jerry Porter is mediocre at best.

Any starting WR can put together 2 or 3 solid starts in a season.

WilliamTheIrish
12-22-2004, 12:39 PM

Sorry... Kerry Collins and a stable full of rejected backup running backs doesn't exactly strike fear into my heart.

Porter? Hell they can afford to let him leave. Teams can find that production anywhere. The Rai ders need a RB. They (like us) need a real #1 WR.

TheNextStep
12-22-2004, 12:49 PM

Oh and one more thing:

KEEP F***ING DOUBTING DOUG GABRIEL!

htismaqe
12-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Jerry Porter is mediocre at best.

Any starting WR can put together 2 or 3 solid starts in a season.

I said that same thing a couple of weeks ago when people were saying the Chiefs should sign him.

WilliamTheIrish
12-22-2004, 01:07 PM
I said that same thing a couple of weeks ago when people were saying the Chiefs should sign him.

This BB has a high % of "Porter should be our #1 FA WR target!!" folks.

They are nuts, of course.

Frankie
12-22-2004, 02:22 PM
This BB has a high % of "Porter should be our #1 FA WR target!!" folks.

They are nuts, of course.

I admit, my limited support of it is based on the recommendations of the other "nuts." I figured they have done their homework on Porter.

Frankie
12-22-2004, 02:25 PM
I admit, my limited support of it is based on the recommendations of the other "nuts." I figured they have done their homework on Porter.

Also I like the name match with Parker, who I have high expectations for.

Let's see... "The Porker brigade?" ;)

Cochise
12-22-2004, 02:25 PM
KEEP F***ING DOUBTING DOUG GABRIEL!

Ok, I will.

Frankie
12-22-2004, 02:28 PM
"The Porker brigade?"

Here's another one: "The Parter brigade" :hmmm: A little lame, but apt if they part defenses. ;)

ChiefsCountry
12-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Actually the Raider offense might be not too bad next year with Mike Williams and Ricky Williams. But all the Chiefs will have to do is hire Bam Morris to deliever some :bong: to the hotel before the game and we would be fine. ROFL

RedNeckRaider
12-22-2004, 08:20 PM
The fact they are moving the ball with NO running game makes one wonder what could be with one.

Count Alex's Losses
12-22-2004, 08:31 PM
The Fade will never be great on offense until they get a RB.

Skip Towne
12-22-2004, 08:38 PM
The Raiders ALWAYS make me sick.

Logical
12-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Here's the entire quote:

If they find a running game and keep Porter that guy is going to be correct. The Raiders receivers are significantly more talented than the Chiefs receivers. But those two ifs are really significant.

Logical
12-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Not so, Pastor... at least, not in my case. I'm hoping to ruin your Christmas AND beat your next year. :)

(Seriously, I'm only hoping to ruin one small part of your Christmas - I hope the rest of your day is wonderful for you and yours.)

Ha Ha Ha you cannot ruin my Christmas because we can win by losing or win by winning. Losing improves our draft position and well beating the Raiduhs is always satisfying.

That whole losing is winning thing is the only positive about the last half of our season.

SoCalRaider
12-23-2004, 01:20 AM
The Raiders recievers are better than ours in general.
Good point.

SoCalRaider
12-23-2004, 01:22 AM

Believe it or not, but the Raiders do participate in free agency... unlike certain teams in the AFC West.

SoCalRaider
12-23-2004, 01:25 AM
Porter? Hell they can afford to let him leave. Teams can find that production anywhere. The Rai ders need a RB. They (like us) need a real #1 WR.
Agreed on the RB part... but I don't be surprised if Ronald Curry emerges as a legitimate #1 receiver for the Raiders.

SoCalRaider
12-23-2004, 01:28 AM
The Fade will never be great on offense until they get a RB.
Are you referring to the Broncos* (* violated the salary cap during their only championship seasons) or the RAIDERS? :hmmm:

Rausch
12-23-2004, 01:33 AM
There are about 4 solid RB's that are going to be FA's this offseason. Collins is a slid QB, despite his absolutely piss-fuggen-poor year.

I agree, their offense very well might be scary next year, but that defense is still total $3it...

el borracho
12-23-2004, 12:34 PM
How true can this assessment be when Porter is in the Chiefs uniform? ROFL

Hey,... Porter/Parker,... Parker/Porter. That's catchy for a WR tandem. :thumb:
Porter Parker... wasn't he Spiderman?

Frankie
12-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Porter Parker... wasn't he Spiderman?
No... Spiderman was a different WR for us a few years ago.

blsilks
12-23-2004, 01:49 PM
This comment is true. Kennison is not a good WR at all. Its all because of Trent Green that Kennision has the ability to run faster, get open and burn Raider CBs. This is clearly simple logic. I don't know what the big deal is.

chileanbolt
12-23-2004, 02:00 PM
its funny how they are talking about there offense when we all know porter will be leaving hehe

LiL stumppy
12-23-2004, 02:05 PM
There are about 4 solid RB's that are going to be FA's this offseason. Collins is a slid QB, despite his absolutely piss-fuggen-poor year.

I agree, their offense very well might be scary next year, but that defense is still total $3it...

Especially with Woodson leaving after this year :)

Over-Head
12-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Especially with Woodson leaving after this year :)

Woodson's about to find out if he does leave, it ain't gonna be for the money he's delusional enough to think he's worth. :shake:

Frankie
12-24-2004, 02:02 AM
This comment is true. Kennison is not a good WR at all. Its all because of Trent Green that Kennision has the ability to run faster, get open and burn Raider CBs. This is clearly simple logic. I don't know what the big deal is.
:LOL: