Fairplay
12-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Check it out.

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 08:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/fairplay/100_0157.jpg

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 08:50 AM
And then he got up to run away........http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/fairplay/100_0158.jpg

Rain Man
12-22-2004, 08:50 AM
That reminds me of Scrooge McDuck rolling around in money in his vault.

shakesthecat
12-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Better watch it Fairplay!

He's got that "I'm gonna eat your brains" look in his eyes.

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 08:52 AM
He looked rather happy. He chases out all the other squirrels. So i started throwing a bunch of feed on the ground so the others can eat.

Radar Chief
12-22-2004, 08:53 AM
That fuzzy tailed rat will tear the shit out of that bird feeder to get at the food. If you want to keep the bird feeder take action to prevent that rodent from getting to it.

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Better watch it Fairplay!

He's got that "I'm gonna eat your brains" look in his eyes.

That or i didn't turn on the red eye option on the camera.

Bob Dole
12-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Looks like dinner.

Last Christmas, Bob Dole sat on the back porch with a 12 pack and a pellet gun and picked 4 off of Mom's bird feeder.

Yummy.

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Looks like dinner.

Last Christmas, Bob Dole sat on the back porch with a 12 pack and a pellet gun and picked 4 off of Mom's bird feeder.

Yummy.

Too bad chiefs4me isn't around to see that comment. It would get entertaining. The nieghbor next door to me actually had to rebuild their fence line a couple feet deeper into the ground because those squirrels would tease the dog and he would dig holes under the fence to try to get them.

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 09:19 AM
a .22 will take care of that tree rat for you.

I had a Tree Rat Climb the tree I was sitting in this Nov and peek around about 1' from my face on the right......pulled an arrow out of the quiver and poked it before it bit my ear off. Vicious little bastards

Bob Dole
12-22-2004, 09:23 AM

Overkill.

You probably hunt rabbits with a shotgun, too.

Pussy.

Skip Towne
12-22-2004, 09:26 AM
He looked rather happy. He chases out all the other squirrels. So i started throwing a bunch of feed on the ground so the others can eat.
That's fair play.

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Nieghbors fence he had to redo. Squirrel was in feeder again but took off a second after i snapped the pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/fairplay/100_0160.jpg

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 09:30 AM
Look at the pic again you can see him in the tree about 3 feet above the feeder.

Ghostof
12-22-2004, 09:33 AM
12 guage with goose shot does wonders for squirrels

On a side note....I went hunting with a friend down home and we shot a bunch of squirrels. He had one request, dont shoot the squirrels in the head. Um ok? So I went to his house to help clean that days kill and his mother comes out, grabs the head of the squirrel, cracks it open with pliers, and pulls the brains out, then deep fat fries the brains and eats it like gizzards.

Was a very sick sight to see

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 09:44 AM
How can you shoot a squirrel with a shotgun and try to miss the head?

Squirrel brains....yummy.

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Dole..........
I've killed rabbits and squirrels with Crossman Air Rifles(no compass in the stock), .22, .20 guage, 12 guage, bows, a sling shot and ball bearing, and my truck.

If blowgun darts were a little bigger, I'd dip those in toothache medicine and take down a tree rat with one of those.

If the little bastards weren't so fast, I'd use the heal of my boot.

Feeling bad, I'm not.

Bob Dole
12-22-2004, 09:47 AM
If blowgun darts were a little bigger, I'd dip those in toothache medicine and take down a tree rat with one of those.

If the little bastards weren't so fast, I'd use the heal of my boot.

Have you tried the little nylon broadheads?

If the snow is deep enough, cottontails are pretty easy to club to death.

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 09:48 AM
My squirrels would be easy pick'ins.

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Looks like dinner.

Yummy.

I just lost all respect for Bob dole,,,,what if they had babies to feed? Give me your moms phone number,,I need to let her know what her little boy is up to,,,,,Bob Dole is a killer of helpless animals,,,,,

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Thumper or Judo tips for arrows?

I should probably get in touch with my aboriginal history and make one of those 3 rope doodads with the rocks tied at the ends that you throw........

Snow...........Deep in Texas? The Only thing Deep in Texas is the amount of BS spewing from Texan PieHoles.

I forgot about snares too..............in the "survival Escape and Evasion" course I took in the ROTC stuff in College, I was taught to make deadfall, chokes, tripwire, and snares..............

One of the easiest is a "squirrel Pole".......you take thin wire, create some little slipknot loops(with a kink in the wire) and tie them around 4-6 spots on a small log, and lean it against a tree..........If 1 squirrel gets stuck(they take the easiest route) it squeals, and others come to see whats going on, and you can get 2-3 in 1 pop.

So...add Wire snare to that list from the Keyboard of Doom.

chifs4me,,,,,will be happy to know, that furry bunnies are much easier to skin........you just grab and pull apart and the fur comes right off.

Cochise
12-22-2004, 09:56 AM
I just lost all respect for Bob dole,,,,what if they had babies to feed? Give me your moms phone number,,I need to let her know what her little boy is up to,,,,,Bob Dole is a killer of helpless animals,,,,,

You should have seen what these guys I used to know did to one of their cats.

gblowfish
12-22-2004, 09:56 AM
I like squirrels. They're fun to watch. I have grey and red squirrels in my trees. You can get bird feeders that are squirrel proof. Besides, you may have more in common with Mr. Squirrel than you know. Modest example attached:

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 09:57 AM

I had a Tree Rat Climb the tree I was sitting in this Nov and peek around about 1' from my face on the right......pulled an arrow out of the quiver and poked it before it bit my ear off. Vicious little bastards

Tree rat,,,,Tree rat,,,,,that's it,,I am calling santa and you are getting nothing but a lump of coal this year,,,,,you have been a very bad boy.

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 09:59 AM

I will add it.

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Thumper or Judo tips for arrows?

I should probably get in touch with my aboriginal history and make one of those 3 rope doodads with the rocks tied at the ends that you throw........

Snow...........Deep in Texas? The Only thing Deep in Texas is the amount of BS spewing from Texan PieHoles.

I forgot about snares too..............in the "survival Escape and Evasion" course I took in the ROTC stuff in College, I was taught to make deadfall, chokes, tripwire, and snares..............

One of the easiest is a "squirrel Pole".......you take thin wire, create some little slipknot loops(with a kink in the wire) and tie them around 4-6 spots on a small log, and lean it against a tree..........If 1 squirrel gets stuck(they take the easiest route) it squeals, and others come to see whats going on, and you can get 2-3 in 1 pop.

chifs4me,,,,,will be happy to know, that furry bunnies are much easier to skin........you just grab and pull apart and the fur comes right off.

:deevee:

Wile_E_Coyote
12-22-2004, 10:00 AM
he needs protien, feed him some baby chicks

Phobia
12-22-2004, 10:01 AM
I like using explosives on squirrels. Nothing better.

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 10:03 AM
I like squirrels. They're fun to watch. I have grey and red squirrels in my trees. You can get bird feeders that are squirrel proof. Besides, you may have more in common with Mr. Squirrel than you know. Modest example attached:

ah,,,what a sweetheart,,,,,,pos rep for you

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 10:04 AM
Instead of coal, could I have a bag of unshelled walnuts.............set them in the yard as bait.

chiefs4me
I will add it.

oh no you won't:deevee:

Bob Dole

Bob Dole's mother knows, since she cooked the damned things.

Despite what you'd probably like to believe, some people's situation makes it necessary to kill their own meat instead of buying it prepacked at the store.

Aside from a few blue jays that were chasing off the songbirds, Bob Dole has eaten everything he's ever intentionally killed.

Fairplay
12-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Heh, it looks the squirrel chose budwieser over old style.

Phobia
12-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Aside from a few blue jays that were chasing off the songbirds, Bob Dole has eaten everything he's ever intentionally killed.

What about when your ex-wife disappeared and hasn't been seen since? Huh?

Bob Dole
12-22-2004, 10:06 AM

Prior to 1994, Bob Dole lived in MO.

If God had meant for Texans to ski, he would have made bullshit white.

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Instead of coal, could I have a bag of unshelled walnuts.............set them in the yard as bait.

you grinch,,,,really how does it make you feel,,,,being a grown man with a gun killing helpless little furry animals? YOU BIG BULLY,,,,,

Iowanian
It makes me feel good and not hungry. Walking is good for the heart, eating is good for the belly, hunting is good for the soul.

Birds are fun.............

In HS, we used to go into hay mows with flashlights and rackets, the birds fly at you and WHAP! The Pidgeons hurt your wrist unless you have a bigger stick.

hell...FFA used to have a "pest control" contest, where Bird heads, mouse and rat tails were worth Points, and the winner got a shotgun.

Birds, including Bluejays................Shoot them with a paintball.......they friggin Explode.

I suppose Chiefs4,,,,,would want to know how to get a turkey with some corn and an old wire bedspring, or a rat trap and a piece of corn?

Bob Dole
What about when your ex-wife disappeared and hasn't been seen since? Huh?

That was an accident.

Skip Towne
12-22-2004, 10:09 AM
I like using explosives on squirrels. Nothing better.
Yeah, I use hand grenades.

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 10:10 AM
A guy I know, recently reportedly Killed(accidently) 50+ wild horses with some 120mm Mortar rounds during live fire training.

PastorMikH
12-22-2004, 10:14 AM
I was helping a guy cut down a large tree last summer and we cut out a squirrel nest. One of them died in the fall but the other one was alive. He was just old enough to have his eyes open but still wasn't developed enough to walk. I took him home to the girls and they bottle fed (well, dropper fed) him and took care of him. He was quite a bit of fun as he got older. I built a large cage for him and we kept him out on the porch. We'd let him run around the porch quite a bit. We didn't want to turn him lose out in the country because we knew he'd never live. When we moved down here he got the taste of tall trees and took off. We would see him from time to time but as he got wilder he came around less and less.

Not sure what happened to him. He probably got shot by some boozer with a pellet gun.

:)

MOhillbilly
12-22-2004, 10:16 AM
tree rat are fun to hunt not fun to chew.

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 10:27 AM
It makes me feel good and not hungry. Walking is good for the heart, eating is good for the belly, hunting is good for the soul.

Birds are fun.............

In HS, we used to go into hay mows with flashlights and rackets, the birds fly at you and WHAP! The Pidgeons hurt your wrist unless you have a bigger stick.

hell...FFA used to have a "pest control" contest, where Bird heads, mouse and rat tails were worth Points, and the winner got a shotgun.

Birds, including Bluejays................Shoot them with a paintball.......they friggin Explode.

I suppose Chiefs4,,,,,would want to know how to get a turkey with some corn and an old wire bedspring, or a rat trap and a piece of corn?

No she doesn't want to know,,,,,:harumph:

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 10:30 AM
I was helping a guy cut down a large tree last summer and we cut out a squirrel nest. One of them died in the fall but the other one was alive. He was just old enough to have his eyes open but still wasn't developed enough to walk. I took him home to the girls and they bottle fed (well, dropper fed) him and took care of him. He was quite a bit of fun as he got older. I built a large cage for him and we kept him out on the porch. We'd let him run around the porch quite a bit. We didn't want to turn him lose out in the country because we knew he'd never live. When we moved down here he got the taste of tall trees and took off. We would see him from time to time but as he got wilder he came around less and less.

Not sure what happened to him. He probably got shot by some boozer with a pellet gun.

Well if you live anywhere close to Iowanian or Skip,,,,,,then WE ALL KNOW what happened to your pet ,,,,,:hmmm:

PastorMikH
12-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Well if you live anywhere close to Iowanian or Skip,,,,,,then WE ALL KNOW what happened to your pet ,,,,,:hmmm:

Heh, if he ventured too far out of town, I might be the one that shot him.

"Just think kids, we don't know for sure, we could be eating Rusty tonight."

Dartgod
12-22-2004, 10:37 AM
,,,,what if they had babies to feed?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say they died...

Just like their mommy and daddy.... :thumb:

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 10:37 AM
My dog was more likely to have gotten it,,,,,as I've been distracted by larger, cuter, animals with bigger brown eyes.

dtebbe
12-22-2004, 11:29 AM
I had one in my yard today too. My Scotties were on point, and Mr. Squirrel got to meet the business end of my 3-9x scoped Daisey Powermaster. One shot, one kill ooooh rah.

DT

penguinz
12-22-2004, 11:49 AM
You use a scope on a Daisey? What a pussy.

Bob Dole
12-22-2004, 11:51 AM

You only say that because penguins have outstanding eyesight.

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 11:59 AM
what if they had babies to feed?

ROFL

ENDelt260
12-22-2004, 12:03 PM
you grinch,,,,really how does it make you feel,,,,being a grown man with a gun killing helpless little furry animals? YOU BIG BULLY,,,,,
Man, can't wait until the Pastor starts telling prairie dog stories.

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Prior to 1994, Bob Dole lived in MO.

If God had meant for Texans to ski, he would have made bullshit white.

Dam you Mr. Bob Dole,,,,,I feel like this post was a jinx,,,,we have had snow for the last hour and half,,and we never have snow. If I wanted a white Christmas I would live in the north,,,I want my 70 degrees back,,:deevee:

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 12:20 PM
A guy I know, recently reportedly Killed(accidently) 50+ wild horses with some 120mm Mortar rounds during live fire training.

live fire training,,,,,Exactly who was he doing this live fire training for?:hmmm:

Bob Dole
12-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Dam you Mr. Bob Dole,,,,,I feel like this post was a jinx,,,,we have had snow for the last hour and half,,and we never have snow. If I wanted a white Christmas I would live in the north,,,I want my 70 degrees back,,:deevee:

It's just now starting to sleet here. Looks like the snow is going to slip north of us.

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 12:23 PM
My dog was more likely to have gotten it,,,,,as I've been distracted by larger, cuter, animals with bigger brown eyes.

:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:,,,,,here's the babies now feed them :)

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 12:27 PM
It's just now starting to sleet here. Looks like the snow is going to slip north of us.

I don't live that far from you,,your not getting any snow? The kids are having a good ole time here throwing the snow that they can scrape up,,the trampoline is covered so they are slipping and sliding on it,,and basically just making a cold wet mess,,,,:cuss:

PastorMikH
12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Man, can't wait until the Pastor starts telling prairie dog stories.

Man those were the days. The 22-250 target rifle sitting on sandbags across the hood, 2 Prairie Dogs stand up one in front of the other at 200 yards. Put the crosshairs chest high on the front one and pull the trigger. Not one, but two exploding prairie dogs leaving two red spots about a foot in diameter on the dirt. Yes! A daily double! Start looking through the scope for the next targets.

Thats about the only think I'm missing from Kansas.

Dartgod
12-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Man those were the days. The 22-250 target rifle sitting on sandbags across the hood, 2 Prairie Dogs stand up one in front of the other at 200 yards. Put the crosshairs chest high on the front one and pull the trigger. Not one, but two exploding prairie dogs leaving two red spots about a foot in diameter on the dirt. Yes! A daily double! Start looking through the scope for the next targets.

Oh, NOW you've done it! :bang: ROFL

yunghungwell
12-22-2004, 12:38 PM
live fire training,,,,,Exactly who was he doing this live fire training for?:hmmm:

The United States Army.

Bob Dole
12-22-2004, 12:39 PM
I don't live that far from you,,your not getting any snow? The kids are having a good ole time here throwing the snow that they can scrape up,,the trampoline is covered so they are slipping and sliding on it,,and basically just making a cold wet mess,,,,:cuss:

No snow. Just rain and a little bit of sleet.

The squirrels should be okay though. Bob Dole just sat some Dell PC boxes out on the lawn for shelter and has ordered them a pizza.

Skip Towne
12-22-2004, 12:46 PM
:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:,,,,,here's the babies now feed them :)
I heard you eat dead chickens.

dtebbe
12-22-2004, 06:42 PM

That is something I really want to do some day. I remember when I lived in CO some farmers would pay $5 or $10 for everyone you could kill. I guess cattle step in the holes and break legs or something.

DT

dtebbe
12-22-2004, 06:47 PM

I live in a subdivision and have to make sure I hit what I shoot at. Last thing I want is the uptight local cops over here with the SWAT team. I put a new Burris scope on my .30-06, and had a cheap simmons 3-9x lying around, so it was more of a saturday afternoon boredom project than anything. It's very effective, pretty much impossible to miss out to about 30-40 yards.

DT

Mr. Laz
12-22-2004, 06:56 PM
Squirrel in backyard

Check it out.
is that some Richard Gere kinda of thing?? :shrug:

Count Zarth
12-22-2004, 07:01 PM
The squirrels at my Grandfather's place are all perverted tree-humpers:

bogie
12-22-2004, 07:05 PM
When I was a kid, we had a pond about 50 yards below our house. I used to sit on the hill side with my dads .30-06 and shoot snapping turtles when they would stick their heads up. They would go flying in the air when you hit them. We had to kill them because they were wiping out the fish. Survival of the fittest.

PastorMikH
12-22-2004, 08:57 PM
That is something I really want to do some day. I remember when I lived in CO some farmers would pay $5 or $10 for everyone you could kill. I guess cattle step in the holes and break legs or something.

DT

Why couldn't I have met one of THOSE farmers? When my dad came out to Kansas, we'd kill around 100 each a day.

Biggest problem the pose to cattle is eating the grass. They will mow an entire field down to almost golf-green height then the cattle starve.

PastorMikH
12-22-2004, 09:01 PM
I put a new Burris scope on my .30-06...

Those are really excellent scopes. My first quality scope was a Burris 3x9. It currently sits on top of one of my Mauser 22-250s. I've hit more than I've missed with that scope/rifle combo.

I'd challenge anyone sporting a Tasco/Bushnel/Simmons to give one a try.

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 09:14 PM
I saw a squirrel that wanted to be just like me, in mah back yard tonight....

Iowanian
12-22-2004, 09:19 PM

Every time a hippy says something stupid, someone kills a puppy.

chiefs4me
12-22-2004, 09:49 PM
I saw a squirrel that wanted to be just like me, in mah back yard tonight....

OMG,,,,ROFL you suprised me,,I really expected to see one hanging by his neck from a tree or whatever else boys evil minds can plot.

ptlyon
12-23-2004, 07:28 AM
Bet 4me wouldn't like the looks of my truck today with 4 frozen deer in it.

I have legs sticking up all over out the back of my truck, and one doe head hanging out the back.

MichaelH
12-23-2004, 07:35 AM
Looks like dinner.

Yummy.

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed doing this. The birdfeeder is right outside my office window. As I sit here right now, I have a pellet gun ready to snipe the little bastard that's emptying the birdfeeders. I'd use a .22, but the city cops frown upon that sort of thing.