Saulbadguy
12-22-2004, 07:55 PM
They are still fielding a team?

:evil:

Skip Towne
12-22-2004, 07:59 PM
They are still fielding a team?

:evil:
Sort of. They look like they should be in the Missouri Valley Conference.

Saulbadguy
12-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Sort of. They look like they should be in the Missouri Valley Conference.
Maybe we should lobby to get the Shockers in the Big XII.

WSU Football, undefeated since 1987.

Saulbadguy
12-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Looks like MU is fighting. They are 7 down to the Illini with a little over a minute to go. Looks like the game is over.

Skip Towne
12-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Not a single Mizzou response. They HAVE given up.

Saulbadguy
12-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Looks like the Illini get the bragging rights again, but MU put out a solid effort to come back.

Skip Towne
12-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Looks like the Illini get the bragging rights again, but MU put out a solid effort to come back.
MU WAY out rebounded them. I'd like to see by how much.

ROYC75
12-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Nice effort by MU ......

Pitt Gorilla
12-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Sort of. They look like they should be in the Missouri Valley Conference.Interesting take; I thought they played pretty well tonight and have been steadily improving all season.

|Zach|
12-23-2004, 02:31 AM
I saw it here and there while I worked...it was an exciting end they just couldn't close the gap...good effort...

Swanman
12-23-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm happy that my Illini got the win clearly not playing their best basketball. They took lots of bad hurried shots which is not like them. But in the Border War game, I'll take a W, no matter how ugly. Vegas must have been insane to put an 18 point line on the game no matter how bad Mizzou is. Last year Mizzou came in a pretty big favorite and the Illini beat them so you just never know in this series. It's easily one of the coolest sights seeing half the arena in orange and half the arena in black/yellow.

Cochise
12-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Good game by Mizzou, if they would have just been a little bit better in the first half they could have won. They definitely wanted to win the game more than Illinois did. They were ripe for the upset but unfortunately we didn't get it done.

I think the team took a step forward though. It was good to see them show some guts. Obviously they are less talented than they have been in previous years, but if Missouri plays like they did the second half yesterday they will cause some trouble in the big 12 this year.

HC_Chief
12-23-2004, 08:49 AM
they will cause some trouble in the big 12 this year.
17 NCAA violations in recent months... I'd say they've caused enough trouble for the conference already :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-23-2004, 08:53 AM
I'm the man this year since I get to claim the TWO best teams in college basketball....being from and rooting for Kansas while living in Illinois.

Go IlliniHawks!

Skip Towne
12-23-2004, 08:55 AM
17 NCAA violations in recent months... I'd say they've caused enough trouble for the conference already :D
Hahahahaha!! That's rep right there.

beavis
12-23-2004, 08:55 AM
Interesting take; I thought they played pretty well tonight and have been steadily improving all season.
That team I saw last night was definately NOT the same one I saw get throttled by Creighton.

Saulbadguy
12-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Good game by Mizzou, if they would have just been a little bit better in the first half they could have won. They definitely wanted to win the game more than Illinois did. They were ripe for the upset but unfortunately we didn't get it done.

I think the team took a step forward though. It was good to see them show some guts. Obviously they are less talented than they have been in previous years, but if Missouri plays like they did the second half yesterday they will cause some trouble in the big 12 this year.
What the hell? Is that the dad from the wonder years?

redbrian
12-23-2004, 10:00 AM
It’s a real shame that two glorious programs such as K-State and KU have nothing to come close to the Illini/MU game.

Really sad is it not.

By the way how many violations did Brown rake up getting that last championship how many years ago?

HC_Chief
12-23-2004, 10:56 AM
It’s a real shame that two glorious programs such as K-State and KU have nothing to come close to the Illini/MU game.

Really sad is it not.

By the way how many violations did Brown rake up getting that last championship how many years ago?

One... for paying for airfare so a player could return home to Fl for his mother's funeral.

As for your 'glorious' blah blah blah... try this on for size: BOTH KU and KSU have been to final fours. KU has 3 Championships, 2 of which are NCAA titles. Don't talk to us about how 'glorious' the sorry MU program is.

Silly tigger fan :p

beavis
12-23-2004, 11:23 AM
One... for paying for airfare so a player could return home to Fl for his mother's funeral.

As for your 'glorious' blah blah blah... try this on for size: BOTH KU and KSU have been to final fours. KU has 3 Championships, 2 of which are NCAA titles. Don't talk to us about how 'glorious' the sorry MU program is.

Ahhh, the oh so familiar cry of the Raider fan.

We haven't one shit for 20 years, but we got more Suprbowls than you!

:shake:

HC_Chief
12-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Ahhh, the oh so familiar cry of the Raider fan.

We haven't one shit for 20 years, but we got more Suprbowls than you!

:shake:

The faid haven't done shit... KU has been to a NC game and two Final Fours in the past four seasons.

Nice analogy though.
lol

penguinz
12-23-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm the man this year since I get to claim the TWO best teams in college basketball....being from and rooting for Kansas while living in Illinois.

Go IlliniHawks!
KU is faaaaaaar from one of the two best teams in college basketball.

HC_Chief
12-23-2004, 11:28 AM
KU is faaaaaaar from one of the two best teams in college basketball.

That explains the #2 ranking. :spock:

Seriously, do they feed you MU fans moron pills? Must be something in the water...

Saulbadguy
12-23-2004, 12:14 PM

Really sad is it not.

MU has alot of rivals because they piss everyone off around them. KU/K-State fans tolerate each other. All of us generally dislike or hate MU.

beavis
12-23-2004, 02:00 PM
The faid haven't done shit... KU has been to a NC game and two Final Fours in the past four seasons.

Nice analogy though.
lol
Hey, at least you're humble.

beavis
12-23-2004, 02:03 PM
MU has alot of rivals because they piss everyone off around them. KU/K-State fans tolerate each other. All of us generally dislike or hate MU.
Not in my experience.

Every K-State geek I've ever known hates KU.

Of course MU and KU hate each other.

K-State sucks at everything, so no gives a shit about them.

:p

Skip Towne
12-23-2004, 02:08 PM
That's rep right thar.

redbrian
12-24-2004, 11:23 AM

As usual the lil gay-bird is speaking out his ass…..the sanctions were imposed for several violations……..

Such a clean run program and staff………….

Brown left both UCLA and Kansas on sanctions

However, not all of the KU violations involved illegal payments to Askew because the infractions committee said it "made additional findings of improper recruiting inducements, contacts and transportation related to the recruitment of this prospective transfer student-athlete, as well as one finding of improper entertainment for a different prospective student-athlete."

Kansas did not contest the penalties, in large part because school officials were breathing a sigh of relief after the NCAA declined to inflict the "death penalty."

KU's football program had been hit with sanctions in 1983, and any school that has major violations within its athletic department in a five-year period can be forced to drop a sport for a year or longer.

Look what the future holds;

Twenty times in Bill Self's three seasons as men's basketball coach, Illinois reported to the NCAA minor violations around the program, according to records obtained by the Post-Dispatch through an open-records request.

stupid lil gay bird