PDA

View Full Version : Brady beat out Green for the Pro Bowl?

blsilks
12-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Trent Green beat Tom Brady in everybody passing category up to this point of the season. The only reason Brady got in is because of the ****ing media and their "Brady is the next Joe Montana" stories. Brady is no Montana. Montana at least lead the NFL in a few passing stats at times. This whole thing just stinks. I WANT A RECOUNT!!!

donkhater
12-23-2004, 08:03 AM
It doesn't surprise me that the QB of one of the best teams in th NFL made the Pro-Bowl.

But what is absolutely shocking is the complete lack of recognition Green gets for his accomplishments on the field.

Entering this season (and may still be) No on had passed for more yards over the last 3-years.

He has led an offense that, for the last three years, has been 1st or 2nd in total offense and scoring--NO OTHER OFFENSE CAN SAY THAT.

His selection last season was actually a surprise to some given the above FACTS.

I don't get it. Guys like Culpepper, Mcnair and even plummer would be getting Major recognition if they had the resume that Green has put up.

blsilks
12-23-2004, 08:05 AM
This just proves that "its not how you play but who you lay".

alpha_omega
12-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Apparently, somebody over at cbs sportsline agrees...as do I...

Kansas City quarterback Trent Green (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1599). Quick, now, name the only active AFC quarterback to complete three consecutive seasons with a passer rating of 90 or above. OK, there isn't one, but there will be at the end of this year -- and it's not Peyton Manning (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12531). It's Green, who will pass 4,000 yards this weekend and whose 99.1 rating is third in the AFC, behind Manning and Drew Brees (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/235197). The problem with the Chiefs isn't Green or the offense; it's a defense that over the past eight games surrendered an average of 438.7 yards a start.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8027428

Amnorix
12-23-2004, 08:17 AM
I would've thought TWO threads on this exact topic would be enough, but I guess three is the charm...

:)

donkhater
12-23-2004, 08:21 AM
It sort of like the Gold Glove in baseball. It's suppose to be about the defense a player plays, but more often than not, a guy's offensive stats come to bare.

alpha_omega
12-23-2004, 08:31 AM
I would've thought TWO threads on this exact topic would be enough, but I guess three is the charm...

:)

I think it is actually 3 or 4 maybe.
But, i just couldn't help but chime in on this one as well.

ptlyon
12-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Yes Green has the numbers, but the Pats have the numbers in the win column.

He got looked over last year. I give him props.

nmt1
12-23-2004, 08:47 AM
The Probowl is a crock. No one gives a rat's butt about it.
I tune in sometimes thinking, "I have to watch because this is the last football until the draft" only to be completely disappointed in it every time. It would be nice for Green to make it but IMO, the NFL should do away with the game and name an All Pro team. That way they could honor all the players that really deserve it.

ptlyon
12-23-2004, 08:49 AM
...but IMO, the NFL should do away with the game and name an All Pro team. That way they could honor all the players that really deserve it.

Uhhh... I think that is what they do now...

Chan93lx50
This does not surprise me any! Just like it has been said over and over, its the our losing record that hurt Green.

Yes and of course Brady is the NFL media Darling

Gaz
12-2 Vs 6-8.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not at all surprised.

nmt1
12-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Uhhh... I think that is what they do now...

They do an All Pro team? Cool. Learn something new everyday. Guess that shows how much attention I pay to that stuff which I guess is why they play the dumb game. Oh well, the Probowl still sucks.

blsilks
12-23-2004, 09:21 AM
My bad. I applogize to everybody. I didn't know that the Pro Bowl players were picked based on their team record and not their performance. I guess I should start protesting all of the Chief Probowl picks. Perhaps the entire Patriots team should be in the probowl along with the Steelers.

brent102fire
12-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Brady and the Pats are 12-2, Trent and the Chiefs are 6-8. That's Why!

Lzen
12-23-2004, 10:09 AM
My bad. I applogize to everybody. I didn't know that the Pro Bowl players were picked based on their team record and not their performance. I guess I should start protesting all of the Chief Probowl picks. Perhaps the entire Patriots team should be in the probowl along with the Steelers.

Nice :thumb:

RealSNR
12-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Brady and the Pats are 12-2, Trent and the Chiefs are 6-8. That's Why!Using your logic, you're saying Brian Westbrook of the Eagles should make the Pro Bowl over Shaun Alexander of the Seahawks

jettio
12-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Brady makes winning plays. It is not as if his team is so full of talent.

Green is a Pro Bowl level QB, but he is as responsible as any other Chief for the fact that the Chiefs record is 6-8, even though they have either been tied or had the lead in the 4th in every game this year but one, the Pats game.

Green had some crappy 2nd half and 4th quarter perfomances this season, and if he had stepped it up, Chiefs could have a few more wins in spite of their sorry defense.

WilliamTheIrish
12-23-2004, 12:27 PM

Who cares? It's the f*cking Pro Bowl. It's not a real game.

No blitz. No game plan. It's a overblown game of flag football.

Nobody, except Rich Gannon's Biggest Fan, ever cared about the Pro Bowl.

"Rich is two time Pro Bowl MVP."

Gawd, I'll never forget that one.

blsilks
12-23-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm just saying that I want to see Trent Green on that list because the Pro Bowl AFC Roster list is supposed to be the list of all best people in the AFC. I don't care about the game. I just want to be able to tell all of my (non chief fan) friends that their QB sucks because he didn't make the Pro Bowl.

vckcchiefs04
12-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Brady makes winning plays. It is not as if his team is so full of talent.

Green is a Pro Bowl level QB, but he is as responsible as any other Chief for the fact that the Chiefs record is 6-8
This might be the most stupid thing I've heard this year. All those leads are reason enough for Green to be in. It's the defense that caused the Chiefs record, the offense and Green did their jobs. Your reason just sounds like everyone else that hangs from Brady's sack. :rolleyes:

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Brady is no Montana and no one ever will be. Montana is the best QB in NFL history. Everything was so easy to him. I followed his entire career and no one ever made QBing an artform the way he did; watching him play was an honor, it was like watching the Michael Jordan of the NFL because he made it look so easy. And I can tell you that Brady has nothing in common with Montana that I have seen, except that they both win, but Brady's career is still young, so hold off on the judgements, media pundits. Montana NEVER got raddled like Brady gets sometimes, too. Montana was the most quietly competitive QB, he was a leader, but he led by his play on the field. If you wanna talk about a QB with a cool edge to him in crunch time, then Montana is it.

Brady is good, but give me a break about the Montana comparisons, he's going to have to play and do more things for a longer period of time to even get mentioned in the same sentence as Montana. And maybe Brady will be just as good as Montana, but hold off a little bit until we all see if he can be consistent like Montana.

If I could have one QB with the game on the line, I choose Montana.