PDA

View Full Version : FFL Lineup - Championship Game!! Advice needed...

ct
12-23-2004, 07:53 AM
Got some injury problems as I prepare for the championship game. Tell me what you think of the following options, none of them very attractive.

Already locked in as starters:

QB Trent Green (backup is Kerry Collins, but no way I mess w/ dat mojo)
RB Tomlinson
RB Thomas Jones
WR Marvin Harrison
WR Derrick Mason
DF NY Jets

Desicions:
1 FLEX spot (RB/WR/TE), choose 1 from:
RB Willis McGahee (Questionable to play)
WR Plaxico Burress (Questionable to play)
RB Emmitt Smith (ole man isn't a great play, but hasn't scored too badly)
WR Deion Branch (very inconsistent)
RB Jesse Chatman (strictly an insurance policy, but actually considering)

PK, Tynes vs. OAK or Kris Brown @JAX

So what are the chances Marty see little to play for this week, and LT and Chatman split 1st and 2nd half? Very big gamble for the Title Game. Either I roll the dice on Chatman, or I'm looking at Ole Man Emmitt and Deion Branch in my starting lineup.

Mojo Rising
12-23-2004, 08:06 AM
I would go with with E Smith b/c it is a favorable match-up. McGahee is a risk b/c if Buf gets a lead on the Niners they might sit him. McGahee is more likely to get more points if he plays the whole game though so it depends if you feel like gambling with that position.

I am gambling this weekend. I have decided to start Larry Johnson as my #2 back instead of Dom Davis who has performed very well over the past 5 weeks. Davis plays a tough Jags D and LJ has been hot.

This weekend is my Super Bowl so if it doesn't work out I will be kicking myself for 9 months.

We had 2 keepers so Dom Davis was my 1st round draft pick. I picked up LJ 2 weeks ago in case of injuries and to keep him off of my competitions roster. I never imagined I would be starting him...

Rest of Team

Leftwich
Tomlinson
L Johnson
M Harrison
T Holt
A Gates
Kaeding
TB D/ST

ct
12-23-2004, 08:27 AM
I have Emmitt in my lineup as of now, although many factors could change my mind. Such as:

1. Emmitt still is bothered by a turf toe injury, any hints he may not play and he's out.
2. Any hints that LT may get 'some' rest this week, and I might play Chatman.
3. McGahee or Plaxico playing this week, and I'll have to start em.

ct
12-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Your decision b/n LJ or Dom is a good choice to have. Even vs. a tough Def, Dom is likely to get a few receptions, so if that's in you scoring system then he's still a good play. However, as we all know, LJ is playing great right now, and a good bet to get 3 or maybe more receptions as well as a great bet to find paydirt. I think I agree with you, LJ seems the stronger play, especially in cold weather vs. a weak defense.

Mojo Rising
12-23-2004, 08:41 AM
The major risk of starting LJ is that DV might put Blaylock in if we are close to the goal line.

We do get points for recieving and Davis is productive in that area. J'ville has the 8th ranked D vs. the run and LJ has been hot.