PDA

View Full Version : 100 million dollar Vick/over 10 years

Wile_E_Coyote
12-23-2004, 04:05 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_FALCONS_VICKS_CONTRACT?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=SPORTS

Rausch
12-23-2004, 04:06 PM
If Vick doesn't get his $#it together quick this contract will get Mora Jr. fired...

Cannibal
12-23-2004, 04:10 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_FALCONS_VICKS_CONTRACT?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=SPORTS

He's not worth it thus far. He's got a lot to prove to justify that contract.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Most of league will be ready to raid their D..

morphius
12-23-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm guessing this looks a lot like the Marvin Harrison signing, and basically is a 2 year contract worth about 7 mil a year. Since it mentiones Bonuses and not just Bonus, one would think there are a bunch in roster bonuses down the line.

LiL stumppy
12-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Ah hes a great athleat but not a great QB

Rain Man
12-23-2004, 04:21 PM
He's not worth it thus far. He's got a lot to prove to justify that contract.

I was about to agree, but then again they've consistently made the playoffs with him at QB, even if he's not productive in the traditional QB sense.

Skip Towne
12-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Ah hes a great athleat but not a great QB
And Green is a great QB but not a great athlete.

tk13
12-23-2004, 06:06 PM
I was about to agree, but then again they've consistently made the playoffs with him at QB, even if he's not productive in the traditional QB sense.
He's the only QB in NFL history to walk into Lambeau for a playoff game and walk out with a victory. The two years he's really been the starter, they're going to be playoff bound, last year without him they flopped... and with TO's injury, I think Atlanta's good enough to get to the Super Bowl.

Saulbadguy
12-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Vick will be a superstar. This is his first year in the new offense, and so far he hasn't done terrible.

Vick automatically makes the Falcons a contender.

Brando
12-23-2004, 06:35 PM
Vick is a worse passer than Bubby Brister. One hell of an exciting athlete, but he's just Kordell without the boy fetish and that turd that permanently resides on his face.

Thig Lyfe
12-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Vick is a worse passer than Bubby Brister. One hell of an exciting athlete, but he's just Kordell without the boy fetish and that turd that permanently resides on his face.

Um... last time I checked Vick had one helluva an arm, too.

He's overhyped, but still is a very good player.

5-11 in 2003 without Vick
11-3 (so far) in 2004 with Vick

Connect the dots.

Brando
12-23-2004, 06:50 PM

Connect the dots.
He's got a cannon that's not all that accurate. I will admit that I am incredibly biased. He was coming to Syracuse until they told him that he could be the next McNabb. He said, "I'm going to Va Tech to be the first Michael Vick."

Thig Lyfe
12-23-2004, 06:54 PM
He's got a cannon that's not all that accurate. I will admit that I am incredibly biased. He was coming to Syracuse until they told him that he could be the next McNabb. He said, "I'm going to Va Tech to be the first Michael Vick."

What a player.

Beatlemanu
12-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Vick is good, and will be awesome. I just hope nobody had him on their fantasy football team this year. He was one of my top picks this year and ended up screwing me up royally. I ended up trading him away for Reggie Wayne, so I could actually get a few points!!! :banghead:

greeneggsandham
12-23-2004, 07:36 PM
vick is frickin overrated. so he can run around so waht. he's not gonna go anywhere.

4th and Long
12-23-2004, 07:39 PM
The teams that have beaten Atlanta this year, ourselves included, have figured out that if you go after Vick, hard and fast, all game long, he's no better than any other QB out there. Now if Atlanta had an O line worth a crap, it might be a different story.

At his current pace, in 10 years, Vick won't have any legs to stand on anyway.

Miles
12-23-2004, 08:36 PM

Connect the dots.

Last year 16th in the NFC in YPG and 15th in PPG allowed.

This year 4th in the NFC in YPG and 5th in PPG allowed.

Seems like the improvement in D may have something to do with it. So far Vick seems like a shorter version of Randall Cunningham. He is always exciting to watch but will never really be a very good QB. He hasnt even completed more than 20 passes in a game this season.

Bowser
12-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Nice "Shaun of the Dead" avi, Miles! Great flick! ROFL

Judge Smails
12-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Last year 16th in the NFC in YPG and 15th in PPG allowed.

This year 4th in the NFC in YPG and 5th in PPG allowed.

Seems like the improvement in D may have something to do with it. So far Vick seems like a shorter version of Randall Cunningham. He is always exciting to watch but will never really be a very good QB. He hasnt even completed more than 20 passes in a game this season.

I very much agree. Who was the last QB with a rating of 76 to make the pro bowl? Yeah, so what if he has 800 yds rushing while Warrick Dunn has 900. Give me a QB with a decent rating and a RB with same total yards anytime.

Miles
12-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Nice "Shaun of the Dead" avi, Miles! Great flick! ROFL

LTownChief
12-23-2004, 10:55 PM

I agree, he didnt start his rookie year and didn't they suck? then his 2nd year he starts most of the year and bam! playoffs. then he gets hurt last year and the Falcons suck, now he's healthy and bam! one of the best teams in the league.

He is not a pocket passer, he doesnt have the great QB rating. But he wins, because teams haven't faced a guy like him and have a hard time shutting him down. Once he learns how to be a pocket passer as well, then that's when he will be considered great by all (or most). But to me, I think he's an awesome player.

LTownChief
12-23-2004, 10:57 PM
vick is frickin overrated. so he can run around so waht. he's not gonna go anywhere.

ya 800 yards for a QB, thats not going anywhere? and not to mention they are clinched to win their division.

stevieray
12-23-2004, 11:07 PM
I sure hope you young guys get really good jobs, I can only imagine how fans will pay for these STUPID contracts, and what athletes will be earning in twenty years.

Johhny Unitas(among others) is ten times the QB Vick will ever be.

Rausch
12-23-2004, 11:27 PM

Connect the dots.

Ravens superbowls with Trent Dilfer = 1...

Appearances without Dilfer = O...

Dilfer is a first ballot HOF'er...

Rausch
12-23-2004, 11:28 PM
ya 800 yards for a QB, thats not going anywhere? and not to mention they are clinched to win their division.

Not hard to do when you play cripples 12 of 16 weeks...

dtebbe
12-24-2004, 10:18 AM
I can't believe all you Vick-bashing retards. Just wait until he gets 2 quality receivers to throw to in addition to the TE he has now. Peerless Price was supposed to be that guy, but has been a bust so far. Vick is lucky that Dez White has stepped up to the plate. Alge Crumpler is only going to get better, and he's already pretty good. Right now he's dealing with the same situation Green did at the beginning of the year, where everyone knows his TE is the only money option.

Vick has the ability to put the team on his shoulders and win the game when all else fails. He did it last week, and has done it in the playoffs on the road. He's worth every penny. Perhaps most importantly is that he fills the seats every week. Falcons fans are even starting to figure out when to make noise and when not too. The next thing you know the Hawks might actaully field a winning team (hell freezes over).

DT

NaptownChief
12-24-2004, 11:09 AM
I can't believe all you Vick-bashing retards. Just wait until he gets 2 quality receivers to throw to in addition to the TE he has now. Peerless Price was supposed to be that guy, but has been a bust so far. Vick is lucky that Dez White has stepped up to the plate. Alge Crumpler is only going to get better, and he's already pretty good. Right now he's dealing with the same situation Green did at the beginning of the year, where everyone knows his TE is the only money option.

Vick has the ability to put the team on his shoulders and win the game when all else fails. He did it last week, and has done it in the playoffs on the road. He's worth every penny. Perhaps most importantly is that he fills the seats every week. Falcons fans are even starting to figure out when to make noise and when not too. The next thing you know the Hawks might actaully field a winning team (hell freezes over).

DT

He is a great weapon that helps his team win but as soon as his legs and health fail him which shouldn't be much longer he will be a lesser version of Billy Joe Tolliver...a big armed, immobile QB that isn't very good.

He can't stay healthy now and he is as young and resiliant as he will ever be.

As for the recievers comment that is garbage. Vick has thrown for 300 yards or more 1 time in his NFL and College career combined. His current WR's had nothing to do with his inability to throw in college and very little to do with his ineptitude as a passer now. He makes 1-2 progressions and then starts running and one of those progressions is always a dump to the TE. As a WR the only chance you have of catching the ball from Vick is if you are the #1 read on the play and you blow your defender away immediately other wise he will quickly dump to the TE or run.

The same garbage of no "weapons" was spewed in defense of Steve McNair's inability to throw down field also but amazingly when the Titans plugged in a QB this season that can make the downfield pass all of the sudden Drew Bennett is making more plays than Randy Moss and Derrick Mason is chasing the NFL reception title.

Vick is a great weapon and helps win games despite being a terrible passer but age and his style of play hasn't allowed him to stay healthy and it will only get worse. When that happens this will turn out to be one of the biggest disasters in sports contract history. Just remember, only about 6-8 weeks ago many football people were talking about the possibility of putting him on the bench cause he was stinking it up so bad....Only thing that changed since then is he has gone back to running and getting ready to miss some games because of it.

MichaelH
12-24-2004, 11:15 AM
The teams that have beaten Atlanta this year, ourselves included, have figured out that if you go after Vick, hard and fast, all game long, he's no better than any other QB out there. Now if Atlanta had an O line worth a crap, it might be a different story.

At his current pace, in 10 years, Vick won't have any legs to stand on anyway.

Good points! Maybe it's a good idea he makes all the money while he can.

I never liked Vick as I'm a fan of the classic pocket passer. I admit he's one of the best athletes to play the game, but to me, he's a glorified running back that takes snaps. He can throw the ball, but so can Jerome Bettis.

Sure-Oz
12-24-2004, 11:26 AM
If Vick can improve his passing accuracy over the next year or so he could be really dangerous. He is not complete till he learns how to pass.

jettio
12-24-2004, 11:47 AM
I agree, he didnt start his rookie year and didn't they suck? then his 2nd year he starts most of the year and bam! playoffs. then he gets hurt last year and the Falcons suck, now he's healthy and bam! one of the best teams in the league.

He is not a pocket passer, he doesnt have the great QB rating. But he wins, because teams haven't faced a guy like him and have a hard time shutting him down. Once he learns how to be a pocket passer as well, then that's when he will be considered great by all (or most). But to me, I think he's an awesome player.

Not to mention that he got Virginia Tech to the national title game as a redshirt freshman.

Injured the next year and that team fell off also.

He's a great player. Don't know how Atlanta thought that Peerless Price was a #1 WR. Get him a good #1 receiver and his passing numbers will improve.

Has a good arm and makes a lot of good plays on throws as well.

The Falcons games that I saw this year, he proved that.

And he has had a couple of end of game drives this year where he made the key plays on passes.

NaptownChief
12-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Not to mention that he got Virginia Tech to the national title game as a redshirt freshman.

Injured the next year and that team fell off also.

He's a great player. Don't know how Atlanta thought that Peerless Price was a #1 WR. Get him a good #1 receiver and his passing numbers will improve.

Price looked awfully good with a declining Bledsoe...Didn't Vick have a quality NFL WR in Andre Davis at VT to work with? And is passing numbers were still $hit?

Vick is what he is...a great athlete that can win a lot of games with his feet if his team has a solid defense and doesn't force him to put too many points on the board...While having a great arm he is inaccurate and doesn't read defenses well. I don't think that will be changing any time soon. Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss would post pitiful numbers if Vick were throwing to them.

whoman69
12-24-2004, 01:58 PM

DT
Do you think perhaps the lack of production from the recievers might have something to do with Vick? You just don't go from being a sub 50% completion guy in college to an accurate NFL QB and he has not. Is it also a coincidence that the defense was horrible when the team was horrible and is good when the team is good. The defense has as much if not more to do with the turnaround then Michael Vick. He also resides in what is currently a very weak division.
Wake me when he throws 20 TD in a season. 42 career games to get 35 TD and 26 INT? Drew Brees who was drafted a round below Vick has 53 TD in the same amount of games and I would much rather have him the scatter armed Vick. He has also thrown nearly 2000 yards more. They don't even trust Vick to throw the ball. This isn't the Oklahoma wishbone, its the NFL.

jettio
12-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Price looked awfully good with a declining Bledsoe...Didn't Vick have a quality NFL WR in Andre Davis at VT to work with? And is passing numbers were still $hit?

Vick is what he is...a great athlete that can win a lot of games with his feet if his team has a solid defense and doesn't force him to put too many points on the board...While having a great arm he is inaccurate and doesn't read defenses well. I don't think that will be changing any time soon. Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss would post pitiful numbers if Vick were throwing to them.

If I remember correctly, Price was productive for the Bills when Moulds was an elite receiver.

Thig Lyfe
12-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Ravens superbowls with Trent Dilfer = 1...

Appearances without Dilfer = O...

Dilfer is a first ballot HOF'er...

Yeah, but Vick makes a definite difference in the Falcons gameplan. Didn't the Ravens have five different quarterbacks that year? And there was a lengthy streak of quarters without an offensive score. I don't know if that's a proper comparasion.