PDA

View Full Version : Gone for three weeks and nothing changes..Huh?

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Hello all....

I see that not much has changed during my absence.....well, other than Larry Johnson has quit talking off the field and started "talking" on the field, and my Tigers are once again the lovely recipient of JayHawk-tossed insults......

So, is there anything that I have missed on here that would be entertaining to read? Any good threads that might let me laugh after three weeks of business hell....I used to think I liked Christmas, until the last few years when retailers have gotten to be so damn demanding and rough to deal with when you are a supplier.

mmaddog

Phobia
12-24-2004, 11:55 AM
I could have sworn you've been posting all along.

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 11:59 AM
I could have sworn you've been posting all along.

ROFL.....I guess with my record here I deserve that.

mmaddog

Phobia
12-24-2004, 12:00 PM
I just wanted to beat everybody else to the joke....

not that you have to post quickly around here this time of year. It's pretty dead.

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 12:03 PM
I just wanted to beat everybody else to the joke....

not that you have to post quickly around here this time of year. It's pretty dead.

I figured that everyone but those working at retail locations would be off today....this place does seem to be pretty dead today.

mmaddog

chiefs4me
12-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Welcome back,,from where ever you have been. And Merry Christmas,,,,,as far as missing anything,,same ole stories,,,,

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Welcome back,,from where ever you have been. And Merry Christmas,,,,,as far as missing anything,,same ole stories,,,,

I just got back from a "comma-induced" rehab.....(sorry, couldn't help myself)

I usually disappear around here at Christmas time each year because it is the busiest time of year for me from 12/1 to 12/22....and considering that 12/22 is my anniversary and I promised the wife not to look at this place on our anniversary...well, I landed here today.

BTW, we celebrated our 20th anniversary on Wednesday.....

mmaddog

chiefs4me
12-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Well Congratulations,,,,what is it that you do that keeps you so busy in Dec?

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Well Congratulations,,,,what is it that you do that keeps you so busy in Dec?

I'm the Credit Manager for my company.....this time of year is the busiest time for collections. If we don't get our money during the retailers busiest season, it becomes a nightmare to collect when sales are not as good in January and February.

Also, part of my responsibility entails some Logistics-related functions and shipping this time of year is a "high maintenance" item also.

mmaddog

chiefs4me
12-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the info,,and Merry Christmas

go bowe
12-24-2004, 01:07 PM

I usually disappear around here at Christmas time each year because it is the busiest time of year for me from 12/1 to 12/22....and considering that 12/22 is my anniversary and I promised the wife not to look at this place on our anniversary...well, I landed here today.

mmaddog
*******20 years?

did you get married when you were 14?

seriously, congratulations on 20 years... :toast:

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 01:18 PM
20 years?

ROFL....thanks....where do I send the check?

Thank you.....considering that some in here barely tolerate me in the small doses, can you imagine someone who would actually tolerate me 24/7 for 20 years? :rolleyes:

mmaddog

Calcountry
12-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Hello all....

I see that not much has changed during my absence.....well, other than Larry Johnson has quit talking off the field and started "talking" on the field, and my Tigers are once again the lovely recipient of JayHawk-tossed insults......

So, is there anything that I have missed on here that would be entertaining to read? Any good threads that might let me laugh after three weeks of business hell....I used to think I liked Christmas, until the last few years when retailers have gotten to be so damn demanding and rough to deal with when you are a supplier.

mmaddog
EnDelt got drunk, but thats about it.

2bikemike
12-24-2004, 01:21 PM
I figured that everyone but those working at retail locations would be off today....this place does seem to be pretty dead today.

mmaddog

Thats kinda funny since I do nearly all my posting while at work. When I am off work I don't get much posting done.

Calcountry

mmaddog
Thats me, I'm working it.

2bikemike
EnDelt got drunk, but thats about it.

And thats different how? He's looking for new and different behaviors.

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 02:38 PM

That's what I was thinking when I read it too...

mmaddog

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Thats kinda funny since I do nearly all my posting while at work. When I am off work I don't get much posting done.

When this board first started, I was able to post at work all the time...you know, kinda like Gaz does.

But all the places I have worked at since then are full of IT Narcs who love to catch poeple visiting "non-work-related" websites.....although most of them are the worst offenders.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Thats me, I'm working it.

My sympathies....do you work at a major retailer?

mmaddog

Jenson71
12-24-2004, 02:53 PM
My sympathies....do you work at a major retailer?

mmaddog

What is this "......" crap? We do this ",,,,,,," now.

Okay?,,,,,

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 02:58 PM

Okay?,,,,,

I'm a rebel....not a follower! :harumph:

mmaddog

Jenson71
12-24-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm a rebel....not a follower! :harumph:

mmaddog

Yeah, well, you're banned starting 12:00 EST tonight.

(They made me a moderator while you were gone. I banned that prick Endelt too.)

Mosbonian
12-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Yeah, well, you're banned starting 12:00 EST tonight.

(They made me a moderator while you were gone. I banned that prick Endelt too.)

The only problem with banning me is that no one would notice....

mmaddog

2bikemike
12-24-2004, 03:16 PM
When this board first started, I was able to post at work all the time...you know, kinda like Gaz does.

But all the places I have worked at since then are full of IT Narcs who love to catch poeple visiting "non-work-related" websites.....although most of them are the worst offenders.

mmaddog

I work alone and usually if everything is running smooth there is nothing to really do. So I spend a lot of time on the planet. I also have a TV and DVD player. A refrigerator full of food. Work is not too bad.

badgirl
12-24-2004, 03:53 PM
20 years?

Yea congratulation for sure, you don't hear of people being married that long anymore. :thumb: :clap:

alanm
12-24-2004, 04:30 PM
I work alone and usually if everything is running smooth there is nothing to really do. So I spend a lot of time on the planet. I also have a TV and DVD player. A refrigerator full of food. Work is not too bad.Sounds like my kind of job. :thumb: You get paid for that?

ENDelt260
12-24-2004, 05:28 PM
I was in KC at the time?

ENDelt260
12-24-2004, 05:31 PM
you don't hear of people being married that long anymore. :thumb: :clap:

What year is this? 2004? That means my folks have been married 32 years now.

2bikemike
12-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Sounds like my kind of job. :thumb: You get paid for that?

Extremely well!

chiefs4me
12-24-2004, 06:34 PM

Okay?,,,,,

ROFL,,,,ROFL,,,,,ROFL,,,,,ROFL

ROYC75
12-24-2004, 06:44 PM

mmaddog

Congrats ! :thumb: