PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hear about Roaf's gout?

mikey23545
12-25-2004, 09:44 AM
News
Offensive tackle Willie Roaf was downgraded from probable to questionable for Saturday's matchup with the Raiders. Roaf is suffering from gout, according to the Kansas City Star, although he is listed with an ankle injury.

4th and Long
12-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Give the man some Allopurinol and get his ass back on the field. :cuss:

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Yeah he hasn't practiced all week. He missed some practice time last year as well with the same ailment.

Frankie
12-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Two points of concern here:

1- Should Green play long or at all in a meaningless game without Roaf protecting his blind side?

2- I really wanted to see more of Samie Parker playing with the starting 'O.' Want to see if he is as good as he showed last week. Roaf's absence will make the passing game less efficient reducing the validity of such assesment.

Bob Dole
12-25-2004, 12:16 PM
2- I really wanted to see more of Samie Parker playing with the starting 'O.' Want to see if he is as good as he showed last week.

Why?

If 3 good games is enough to generate 47 variants of "Who do we trade Priest Holmes for?" threads, Bob Dole would surely think that one decent showing by a WR would be enough to crown him our number one go-to guy.

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 12:18 PM
I don't know how debillitating Gout is but if there is anyway in hell he can play, he will do it.

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Why?

If 3 good games is enough to generate 47 variants of "Who do we trade Priest Holmes for?" threads, Bob Dole would surely think that one decent showing by a WR would be enough to crown him our number one go-to guy.

I agree. Good job Bob. :thumb:

KCChiefsFan88
12-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Typical, every injury a Chiefs player sustains ends up turning into something more serious than previously thought

Skip Towne
12-25-2004, 12:41 PM
What the hell is gout?

Bob Dole
12-25-2004, 12:43 PM
What the hell is gout?

Gout is a systemic disease (i.e., condition that occurs throughout the body) caused by the buildup of uric acid in the joints. An elevated blood level of uric acid (called hyperuricemia) occurs when the liver produces more uric acid than the body can excrete in the urine, or when a diet high in rich foods (e.g., red meat, cream sauces, red wine) produces more uric acid than the kidneys can filter from the blood.

Over time, uric acid in the blood crystallizes and settles in the joint spaces, causing swelling, inflammation, stiffness, and pain. Gout usually affects the first metatarsal phalangeal joint of the big toe (hallux) or the ankle joints.

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Gout is a systemic disease (i.e., condition that occurs throughout the body) caused by the buildup of uric acid in the joints. An elevated blood level of uric acid (called hyperuricemia) occurs when the liver produces more uric acid than the body can excrete in the urine, or when a diet high in rich foods (e.g., red meat, cream sauces, red wine) produces more uric acid than the kidneys can filter from the blood.

Over time, uric acid in the blood crystallizes and settles in the joint spaces, causing swelling, inflammation, stiffness, and pain. Gout usually affects the first metatarsal phalangeal joint of the big toe (hallux) or the ankle joints.

I don't know about you but that sounds painful to me.

Bowser
12-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Look at the big brain on Bob!

Bob Dole
12-25-2004, 12:47 PM

It can be quite painful...

Bob Dole copied and pasted the description, but already knew the general info because a neighbor used to suffer from periodic debilitating bouts with gout. (Though his was brought on by drugs taken so he didn't reject his transplant.)

bricks
12-25-2004, 12:49 PM

good job Bob :thumb: I can dance to that.

Deberg_1990
12-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Kevin Sampson pimps unite!!

grandllama
12-25-2004, 01:36 PM

It hurts like a Muther Fu**er....

~Llama

Very thankful he hasn't had an attack in over a year...

grandllama
12-25-2004, 01:37 PM
I don't know how debillitating Gout is but if there is anyway in hell he can play, he will do it.

He played thru it last year... they gave him a shot of something and he was fine...

Frankie
12-25-2004, 06:52 PM
Why?

Right On The Money! :thumb: That's what the acronyms on your rep mean.

Frankie
12-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Look at the big brain on Bob!
No.... He stayed at Holiday Inn last night.