PDA

View Full Version : Here's why I hate that cell phone "instant replay" commercial.

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 05:34 PM
After calling his wife, the guy reports that the player was out of bounds, and then says it's a first down. That's just stupid. There's no way it's a first down if it was a replay call, unless of course it's a first down for the defense on a fourth down play, and if so, he's pointing the wrong direction.

Thig Lyfe
12-25-2004, 05:50 PM
i've thought just that! i've hated that commercial since the moment i first saw it.

ExtremeChief
12-25-2004, 06:35 PM
The play was on fourth down, 1st down the other way...

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 06:37 PM
But unless they moved the cameras to the other side of the field, he's signaling the wrong way.

Thig Lyfe
12-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Yes, I've thought out all the scenarios.

Simply put, it's just a poorly thought out commercial.

KCWolfman
12-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Commercial geeks

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 07:43 PM
There was some commercial on a few years ago where a running back got nailed and buried under a pile. His jersey number was 55. I would never buy a product from a company that lets an error like that make it all the way to the airwaves.

KCWolfman
12-25-2004, 07:45 PM
There was some commercial on a few years ago where a running back got nailed and buried under a pile. His jersey number was 55. I would never buy a product from a company that lets an error like that make it all the way to the airwaves.
There are no continuity editors in commercials.

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 07:50 PM
There are no continuity editors in commercials.

Yeah, but there's a director, a bunch of actors, key grips, best boys, catering people, electrical people, boyfriends of the makeup people, and about a hundred other people. One of them should have stopped that whole thing and said, "You're going to be lampooned on the Internet if you let that running back wear Number 55."

KCWolfman
12-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Yeah, but there's a director, a bunch of actors, key grips, best boys, catering people, electrical people, boyfriends of the makeup people, and about a hundred other people. One of them should have stopped that whole thing and said, "You're going to be lampooned on the Internet if you let that running back wear Number 55."
So you are saying people will remember the commercial even more than if they didn't use "55"?

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 08:04 PM
So you are saying people will remember the commercial even more than if they didn't use "55"?

They'll remember it because it's an error. I remember the Heidi game. I remember Gallipoli. I remember Jake Plummer's left-handed pass. I would not buy a product from anyone associated with these errors.

Would you trust a company where no one knows NFL jersey numbers?

KCWolfman
12-25-2004, 08:06 PM
They'll remember it because it's an error. I remember the Heidi game. I remember Gallipoli. I remember Jake Plummer's left-handed pass. I would not buy a product from anyone associated with these errors.

Would you trust a company where no one knows NFL jersey numbers?
What is the price of the product and what is the product?

All PR is good PR when it comes to the commercial industry. The Whipples and the Maytag Man would love for some dirt to come their way.

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 08:13 PM
What is the price of the product and what is the product?

All PR is good PR when it comes to the commercial industry. The Whipples and the Maytag Man would love for some dirt to come their way.

Yeah, exposure is always good.

http://flag.blackened.net/daver/misc/peewee.jpg

KCWolfman
12-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Yeah, exposure is always good.

Hey, look at the roles he has gotten since then.

Fatty Arbuckle is the only one I can think of who has truly suffered.

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey, look at the roles he has gotten since then.

Fatty Arbuckle is the only one I can think of who has truly suffered.

Fatty's still hoping for a comeback in Weekend at Bernie's III.