PDA

View Full Version : The rising Kawika Mitchell

royr17
12-25-2004, 07:42 PM
He played a really good game today.

The last couple of weeks i've been impressed with him. He is getting better by each week. Im starting to see some signs of why he was drafted by us.

I just hope he continues to get better and stronger and work on alot of things in the offseason. I have no problem with this guy as our MLB as long as he keeps progressing.

Great job Kawika and keep it up bud. :thumb:

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 07:43 PM
I've been one of his more vocal critics, but he played very well today. Kudoes to Kawika!

Phobia
12-25-2004, 07:43 PM
You can't claim the Spinner defense as your own, dude.

Count Alex's Wins
12-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Slowly but surely the lights are blinking on all over the defense.

Monty Beisel might start at ROLB next year.

Bite me Kawika Hata's!

Rich Scanlon's penalty-negated fumble recovery was nice too...

LiL stumppy
12-25-2004, 07:45 PM
I have been saying this all along.He plays more he will get better.He spends more time with Gun he will get better.And he is getting better.

royr17
12-25-2004, 07:46 PM
As of lately he has been playing really well like I said. The guy will be a good LB if he keeps up what he's doing.

I still am a Scanlon fan and I think we should keep him around as his backup but Mitchell is gonna get better and better.

Scanlon could be good too if given the time. But like I said i've been impressed with Kawika the last couple of weeks.

Great Job this year Kawika. :thumb:

royr17
12-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Im done hating on Kawika, im impressed with him these last couple of weeks.

Count Alex's Wins
12-25-2004, 07:50 PM

How does your dad feel?

BTW, official stats, per NFL.com:

8 tackles, 1 assist

I guess they don't count passes defensed with your shoulder blades.

ROYC75
12-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Bout damn time we see some improvement after 17 games. :shake:

Maybe there is still hope for him.

royr17
12-25-2004, 07:51 PM
I know what his official stats are.

Frankie
12-25-2004, 08:08 PM
He played a really good game today.

The last couple of weeks i've been impressed with him. He is getting better by each week. Im starting to see some signs of why he was drafted by us.

I just hope he continues to get better and stronger and work on alot of things in the offseason. I have no problem with this guy as our MLB as long as he keeps progressing.

Great job Kawika and keep it up bud. :thumb:

As of lately he has been playing really well like I said. The guy will be a good LB if he keeps up what he's doing.

I still am a Scanlon fan and I think we should keep him around as his backup but Mitchell is gonna get better and better.

Scanlon could be good too if given the time. But like I said i've been impressed with Kawika the last couple of weeks.

Great Job this year Kawika.

And how about that Kawika guy, royr17?

Count Alex's Wins
12-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Bout damn time we see some improvement after 17 games.

It took TrINT Green damn near 20. Why would we expect anything less from the QB of the defense?

Phobia
12-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Kawika deflected a pass today, just like III is attempting to do with this thread. :D

ROYC75
12-25-2004, 08:13 PM
It took TrINT Green damn near 20. Why would we expect anything less from the QB of the defense?

IMHO, I would say it took the offense 20 games to learn the system, Green knew the offense to start with.

Kawika has got talent, why it was taking him so long to come to terms is beyond me.

Happy, but disappointed it has taken so long, the first of this year might of made a difference, might of !

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Kawika deflected a pass today, just like III is attempting to do with this thread. :D

My thoughts exactly!

royr17
12-25-2004, 08:14 PM

Hey i've been holding back here lately saying anything good about Mitchell until i saw him do it a couple more times but once i did I let out what i thought about him.

Count Alex's Wins
12-25-2004, 08:15 PM
IMHO, I would say it took the offense 20 games to learn the system, Green knew the offense to start with.

Kawika has got talent, why it was taking him so long to come to terms is beyond me.

Happy, but disappointed it has taken so long, the first of this year might of made a difference, might of !

Green didn't start playing better until he got some talent around him. Mitchell has shit all to work with around him.

He's coming around. Where was Scanlon? I was hoping that was him blowing up the kickoff return at the end but it was Fred Jones.

royr17
12-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Green didn't start playing better until he got some talent around him. Mitchell has shit all to work with around him.

He's coming around. Where was Scanlon? I was hoping that was him blowing up the kickoff return at the end but it was Fred Jones.

Umm GoatCheese you have to remember Trent was just coming back from Knee Surgery, thats another reason why it took him a while. Remember when we got Roaf, that he had just had Knee Surgery and was a 100 % yet but when he was he quit holding his guy.

Saying that about Green is way different to Kawika, Mitchell has talent but he has been slow to utilize it. I think that when he starts getting better at it that he is going to be a very good MLB for us.

royr17
12-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Where was Scanlon? I was hoping that was him blowing up the kickoff return at the end but it was Fred Jones.

Hey you do have to give him some credit for picking up that fumble even though it was called back because of Sapps stupid running out of bounds on the punt.

Count Alex's Wins
12-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Hey you do have to give him some credit for picking up that fumble even though it was called back because of Sapps stupid running out of bounds on the punt.

Yeah. Too bad it was called back. Would have made a nice thread. ROFL

ROYC75
12-25-2004, 08:23 PM

The same could be said about allof our defensive players, they are shit. This D still sucks, is REAL, It's Plain to see.

Rich done OK for limited # of reps, it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time.The fumble recovery is nothing any other player couldn't do, right place,right time.

Jones made a good play.

This is not a Scanlon thread, don't make it one.

royr17
12-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Yeah. Too bad it was called back. Would have made a nice thread. ROFL

Im not getting into this with you. Scanlon recovered it but it got called back unfortunately. Get ready Scanlon is your backup MLB next year, and if Mitchell gets hurt you'll see him in the middle, but thats all I have to say on this matter. Mitchell has done a good job here lately and here's to him keeping it up. :toast:

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 08:26 PM
While I admit I was a big time Kawika basher earlier in the year. He has shown some flashes this year. He still has a long ways to go but compared to last year and the beginning of this year he has made a giant step in the right direction. If he can continue to develop at this pace he may me pretty good by the end of next year.

whoman69
12-25-2004, 09:31 PM
We have so many holes in this defense, that some of them we are just going to have to assume that young guys are going to start stepping it up. The jury is out on young Fox so the outside LB corps is uncertain with Barber not showing up to expectations. We need to replace at least two CBs as McCleon has shown that he cannot be more than a nickle in this defense, and Bartee still being Bartee. DE is still a concern as well with Hicks absolutely disappearing at times and Holliday a certain cap casualty next year.
Past experience has shown we cannot ignore one side of the ball, so we also will have to continue to bring draft resources to the offensive side of the ball as well.

KHinz57
12-25-2004, 10:15 PM
At this point, as long as it gets Monty Biesel off the field as a starter and back on special teams, I'll give Kawika Mitchell all the credit he needs to be a starter. Seeing as how Donnie Edwards is leading the league in tackles, does anyone else miss him?

Pants
12-25-2004, 10:36 PM
At this point, as long as it gets Monty Biesel off the field as a starter and back on special teams, I'll give Kawika Mitchell all the credit he needs to be a starter. Seeing as how Donnie Edwards is leading the league in tackles, does anyone else miss him?

Nobody seemed to miss him untill the bolts started doing well.

Phobia
12-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Im not getting into this with you. Scanlon recovered it but it got called back unfortunately. Get ready Scanlon is your backup MLB next year, and if Mitchell gets hurt you'll see him in the middle, but thats all I have to say on this matter. Mitchell has done a good job here lately and here's to him keeping it up. :toast:

Scanton will be fortunate to be a MLB in the NFLE in '05. He may not even make a regular season roster. Which, is too bad.... With a name like Scanton, he'd be a lock for the Hall.

Mr. Kotter
12-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Come on, Roy Jr. admit it....this is your way of backin' off Scanlon and tryin' to save face, ain't it? :hmmm:

:p

Cochise
12-25-2004, 10:56 PM
Scanton will be fortunate to be a MLB in the NFLE in '05. He may not even make a regular season roster. Which, is too bad.... With a name like Scanton, he'd be a lock for the Hall.

May not be a bad idea to have him go to NFLE.

I was looking through my binoculars today and every time I would see Scanlon on the sideline I couldn't help but laugh. I wonder if he knows what a CP phenom he is?

Phobia
12-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Come on, Roy Jr. admit it....this is your way of backin' off Scanlon and tryin' to save face, ain't it? :hmmm:

:p

Say it isn't so. I can't imagine that would be the case.

Mr. Kotter
12-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Say it isn't so. I can't imagine that would be the case.

He isn't DENYING it.... :hmmm:

philfree
12-25-2004, 11:48 PM

He was hampered by injury last year and then with very few snaps in pratice and fewer in games. That was GRobs scheme. This year he's suffered from the injury bug again while trying to learn a new scheme. Since Mitchell has been back a starter he's gotten better every game. To me Mitchell has just now had the chance to grow and it seems to me he's taking advantage of it. He's on schedule IMO.

PhilFree :arrow:

Mr. Kotter
12-26-2004, 12:12 AM
He was hampered by injury last year and then with very few snaps in pratice and fewer in games. That was GRobs scheme. This year he's suffered from the injury bug again while trying to learn a new scheme. Since Mitchell has been back a starter he's gotten better every game. To me Mitchell has just now had the chance to grow and it seems to me he's taking advantage of it. He's on schedule IMO.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I agree....we may have someone besides Fujita and Biesel (and Barber?) worth keeping for next year.

Sure-Oz
12-26-2004, 12:43 AM
He has looked better the last few games. We still need to add talent but the D is looking a little better I will admit. I guess we can use this as a positive for next season, but we still need to ADD to it!

royr17
12-26-2004, 01:20 AM
No guys i've seen dramatic improvement in Mitchell this year, but Scanlon has talent and we wont get to see his talent until we blow out a team and he gets on the field and the coaches give him a chance. The chiefs will keep him around, they love his potential and he will be the backup MLB in 05 or starter if he tears it up in training camp and preseason.

The guy could be a very good MLB.

Gaz
12-26-2004, 07:34 AM
Mitchell has improved quite a bit. I am not convinced that he is starting MLB material, but I am more than willing for him to prove me wrong.

xoxo~
Gaz
Taking his improvement where he can find it.

Marcellus
12-26-2004, 09:39 AM
Mitchell has been one of the weekest links in our D this year. When Beisel got hurt and Mitchell came in to play the middle, things really went south.

He has looked better lately but that is very subjective. I didn't see him over run a hole right into someone to block him or run right past a running back. That is improvement. It will take more than 2 or 3 games to make me believe he is a playmaker. I think MLB should be a priority this off season.

ROYC75
12-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Again, improvement has been a long time coming, right when the season is over. Back to back games is a positive, but a career it does not make.

Dave Lane
12-26-2004, 11:32 AM
He has looked better the last few games. We still need to add talent but the D is looking a little better I will admit. I guess we can use this as a positive for next season, but we still need to ADD to it!

Hey the putrid lowly Raider put 30 on us yesterday. Yes we scored 31 but this team needs help badly on D. And Bartee must die. (offical Bartee Hater)

Dave

TRR
12-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Kawika Mitchell is absolutely horrible. I guess you could say in the last few weeks, Mitchell went from horrible to terrible, but he does nothing well. Mitchell can't tackle, his timed blitzes are horrible, he gets beat in pass coverage, and if a lead blocker gets on him, he's done.

Mitchell gives us a little bit of range at the MLB position, but that's about it. It's pretty bad when Monty Beisel, who had been moved to every position besides CB, can come in and make more plays at MLB early in the season than Mitchell has all season.

KM has a long way to go. If we don't upgrade at MLB, we are going to be hurting because we just aren't good enough at DT to keep FB's and guards off our MLB. Sims and Dalton get good pressure, but they aren't the greatest against the run. Hopefully Siavii can bring that run stuffing ability next season.

I like Mitchell as a backup.

bricks
12-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Kawika has definately improved these last couple of games. I only wish, it wasn't nearing the end of the season. I'd rather have it being the middle of the season. Reason I say this, is cause, I see some growth and maturity in him latley, and I would've liked to see him play 5 or 6 more games to see him improve more and to see what he can really do. Anyway, I'm still not sold on our LBer's at all, I'm all for keeping some of them, like Mitchell, Beisel, Fox, or Scanlon. I would still like to see some off-season additions at the LB positions.
i.e., Kendrell Bell, Will Witherspoon, Brian Simmons, Ed Hartwell. Don't let anything deceive you guys, we still need some LBer's.

RINGLEADER
12-26-2004, 01:03 PM

Agree completely.

Ari Chi3fs
12-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Kawacki is average at best... get Julian Peterson from the 49ers in Free Agency... and have Beisel at MLB.

philfree
12-26-2004, 01:51 PM
FWIW Mitchell leads the team in tackles over the last 9 games. It depends on where you get the stats. One site has him 47 tackles and another shows 57 tackles over those games. Those are the games he's started. Those aren't great numbers but they're not bad either.

royr17
12-26-2004, 01:54 PM
I have to agree he is getting better, he is currently 2nd on the team to Scott Fujita who has 85 tackles and Kawika Mitchell has 62.

At least he has shown this year that he can make some tackles compared to last year.

I think he will be much improved by the time next year gets here if he keeps it up, the only thing he really needs to work on is shedding his blockers, learning how to wrap up on tackling instead of trying to pull down by the jersey, and time his blitzes and filling the gaps right.

If he does that than we will have a good MLB in the middle than who does have alot of speed.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Kawika Mitchell is absolutely horrible. I guess you could say in the last few weeks, Mitchell went from horrible to terrible, but he does nothing well. Mitchell can't tackle, his timed blitzes are horrible, he gets beat in pass coverage, and if a lead blocker gets on him, he's done.

Mitchell gives us a little bit of range at the MLB position, but that's about it. It's pretty bad when Monty Beisel, who had been moved to every position besides CB, can come in and make more plays at MLB early in the season than Mitchell has all season.

KM has a long way to go. If we don't upgrade at MLB, we are going to be hurting because we just aren't good enough at DT to keep FB's and guards off our MLB. Sims and Dalton get good pressure, but they aren't the greatest against the run. Hopefully Siavii can bring that run stuffing ability next season.

BINGO, what he said...

philfree
12-26-2004, 02:13 PM

I really disagree that Mitchell is horrible. IMO he hsn't had much of a chance until the last nine games. He's been injured starting in training camp last year and then getting injured the last preseason game this year. I also think that going from GRobs scheme his rookie year to Guns scheme this year also slowed his progress. Gun has said that the LB is the hardest position to adapt to his scheme so.......

Frankie
12-26-2004, 02:33 PM
I really disagree that Mitchell is horrible. IMO he hsn't had much of a chance until the last nine games. He's been injured starting in training camp last year and then getting injured the last preseason game this year. I also think that going from GRobs scheme his rookie year to Guns scheme this year also slowed his progress. Gun has said that the LB is the hardest position to adapt to his scheme so.......

That's exactly my stand on Kawika. For the Kawika haters who want him dumped immediately I have two words: Joe Horn. Yes we are talking aboput two entirely different positions and yes there's no garantee KM will be a LBs' version of Joe Horn with another team. But let's find out how far he can develop. In the meantime, since immediate gratification is in order if we want to make a serious push for SuperBowl next year, I'd do this if I were CP. I'd try to find a solid MLB who has a couple of years left in the tank. A Marvcus Patton, so to speak. I would sign him to a one or two year incentive oriented contract and ask Kawika to beat him out. If he doesn't immediately, he'll get enough play backing the old guy up untill he does.

Now the $64k question: Does anyone know of any old MLB to answer that description? What's is Junior Seau doing?

LiL stumppy
12-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Frankie I don't understand.You say Kawika is getting better and hasn't had a chance?But yet you want to sign a MLB?I say Kawika is fine and will do good next year.I am more worried about a CB,FS.DE.Never once worried about MLB,especially they way Kawika has been playing the past few weeks.

philfree
12-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Frankie I don't understand.You say Kawika is getting better and hasn't had a chance?But yet you want to sign a MLB?I say Kawika is fine and will do good next year.I am more worried about a CB,FS.DE.Never once worried about MLB,especially they way Kawika has been playing the past few weeks.

I think the only way Mitchell keeps improving is if he is on the field. IMO a stud OLB to replace Barber is where we need to focus. Fox is an unknown and adding a quality OLB would allow Beisel to back up Mitchell and focus on STs. I do agree about CB, FS and DE though.

bricks
12-26-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm still concerned about our LBers. Kawika has showed something lately, hopefully that is a sign of good things to come. He was awfull earlier in the year. I do hope he can ascend into a good player. I'd still take my chances in the off-season and sign Kendrel Bell. At least, he can play the middle, and outside. Insurance, just in case Kawika plays bad again.

Frankie
12-26-2004, 02:50 PM

Don't get me wrong. I have high hopes for KM too. And, in Gun I trust. But Mitchel may or may not reach his eventual potential in a year. A lot of people here are worried about some window of opportunity that's supposedly closing on us. I don't subscribe to that either, but I would feel better for next year if we had a MLB depth of Kawika and an old savvy and affordable Marvcus patton type who can play or even start on a part-time basis, in case KM hits a snag. I also think adressing DB and DE are more of an immediate need for us. My whole point is let's not blow a high draft choice on a young MLB and dump Kawika prematurely.

Frankie
12-26-2004, 02:53 PM
I'd still take my chances in the off-season and sign Kendrel Bell. At least, he can play the middle, and outside. Insurance, just in case Kawika plays bad again.

If that opportunity were available, I'd have no problem with it. I'd just hope that Kawika's development will continue and Bell would play OLB for us eventually.

philfree
12-26-2004, 02:57 PM
I'm still concerned about our LBers. Kawika has showed something lately, hopefully that is a sign of good things to come. He was awfull earlier in the year. I do hope he can ascend into a good player. I'd still take my chances in the off-season and sign Kendrel Bell. At least, he can play the middle, and outside. Insurance, just in case Kawika plays bad again.

Mitchell didn't hardly play early in the season but when he did he did struggle. I have no problem with bringing in better talent though.

LiL stumppy
12-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Thats why I want to draft Derick J in the draft,and pick up a Corner and DE.Because Woods just signed a new deal he isn'y going any where.

TRR
12-26-2004, 03:23 PM
That's another thing I don't like about Mitchell. He can't stay healthy. You NEED a MLB who is going to stay healthy for 16 games. Has Mitchell even made it through a training camp without getting injured/missing extended amounts of time?

I stand by my "horrible" comment. He just does nothing above average. He could make 10 tackles in a game, and miss 15 as well as give up a ton of completions over the middle.

LiL stumppy
12-26-2004, 03:27 PM
He hasn't got hurt since the beggining of the year TRR.

philfree
12-26-2004, 03:48 PM
That's another thing I don't like about Mitchell. He can't stay healthy. You NEED a MLB who is going to stay healthy for 16 games. Has Mitchell even made it through a training camp without getting injured/missing extended amounts of time?

I stand by my "horrible" comment. He just does nothing above average. He could make 10 tackles in a game, and miss 15 as well as give up a ton of completions over the middle.

Well he's played the last 9 games and he's stayed healthy so maybe he's past his injuries. Ray Lewis has missed several games in his career :shrug: I do agree Mitchell needs to stay healthy. As far as missing 15 tackles in a game that's a silly exageration.

Pitt Gorilla
12-26-2004, 05:12 PM
I always thought Kawika was pretty good and could be great given his physical gifts. He just needed a little time to develop. Fans tend to want immediate results and expect nothing less. Patience helps to keep the blood pressure lower.

Oxford
12-26-2004, 08:16 PM
I think the only way Mitchell keeps improving is if he is on the field. IMO a stud OLB to replace Barber is where we need to focus. Fox is an unknown and adding a quality OLB would allow Beisel to back up Mitchell and focus on STs. I do agree about CB, FS and DE though.

The best way to attack the problems of this defensive unit is to have more pressure on the offense without blitzing. That means better D/L play, more pressure from the LDE, more push from the DT's. That means less pressure on the safetys in run support and more LB freedom to make the plays.

So, I think the draft will be DE, CB, LB. The D/L is easier for a rookie to play (therefore quicker contribution), and a CB in free-agency.

Chief Faithful
12-27-2004, 10:02 AM
IMO, Mitchel has greatly improved from clearly the worst starting MLB in the NFL to maybe not the worst. For a guy who has great speed and has always played MLB I am amazed at how slow he is to react to a play.

Still, the improvement the last two weeks has been encouraging. Against Denver he made some plays that showed why DV has faith in Mitchel's ability. The game this last week against the Raiders is his best game to date. I was especially impressed by his play in the passing game.

Personally, while encouraged by the last two games I do not think Mitchel is the answer at MLB. Maybe Gun will prove me wrong to my great pleasure by developing KM into a force in the middle (not likely). My hope is Maz comes back healthy or a big free agent with speed like Barnett or Peterson can be landed.

CB needs to be the priority in the draft.

htismaqe
12-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Mitchell has been one of the weekest links in our D this year. When Beisel got hurt and Mitchell came in to play the middle, things really went south.

You gotta be ****ing kidding me!

Did you completely miss the first part of the season? You know, the games where we gave up 156 yards to Quentin Griffin and 174 yards to Deshaun Foster?

ChiTown
12-27-2004, 10:19 AM
What Mitchell has been doing better is relaxing and using his insticts vs overplaying the crap out of every down. He looks like he finally gets what he's supposed to be doing. Let's just hop he can carry that over into 2005-06.

htismaqe
12-27-2004, 10:20 AM
What Mitchell has been doing better is relaxing and using his insticts vs overplaying the crap out of every down. He looks like he finally gets what he's supposed to be doing. Let's just hop he can carry that over into 2005-06.

He's finally expunged all of the crap Robinson put in his head...

htismaqe
12-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Better yet, here's one that was used frequently to defend Mike Mazlowski...

Record with Beisel as starting MLB: 1-3

Record with Mitchell as starting MLB: 6-5

bricks
12-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Better yet, here's one that was used frequently to defend Mike Mazlowski...

Record with Beisel as starting MLB: 1-3

Record with Mitchell as starting MLB: 6-5

Record with Mazlowski as starting MLB 9-1!

Frankie
12-27-2004, 10:53 AM
But his point was to compare Mitchel with Beisel, not Maz.

htismaqe
12-27-2004, 10:56 AM
But his point was to compare Mitchel with Beisel, not Maz.

Actually, my point was to present a catch-22...

Is overall team record REALLY an indicator of how well a MLB is playing? If it is, as the Maz-defenders said it was, then Kawika Mitchell is CLEARLY better than Beisel. If it isn't, as the Mitchell-haters would likely say, then all those that defended Maz may have to re-think they're argument.

I'm just being difficult. It's fun.

Frankie
12-27-2004, 11:08 AM

Is overall team record REALLY an indicator of how well a MLB is playing? If it is, as the Maz-defenders said it was, then Kawika Mitchell is CLEARLY better than Beisel. If it isn't, as the Mitchell-haters would likely say, then all those that defended Maz may have to re-think they're argument.

That's exactly what I got from your post. I guess I should have been more descriptive with mine.

Chief Faithful
12-27-2004, 11:55 AM
While KM has not convinced me that he will make a good MLB in the NFL, it was good to see a Chiefs MLB lead the team in tackles for at least one game.

Watching Keith Bullock against the Broncos really brought to light for me how much the Chiefs need an effective MLB. KM has a long way to go.

Clint in Wichita
12-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Mitchell, Beisel, Maz...all guys that deserve playing time...

after your real, starting-caliber MLB blows his knee out.

LiL stumppy
12-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Maz is a good MLB but he wasn't that fast either and he was getting up there in age.

Frankie
12-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Maz is a good MLB but he wasn't that fast either and he was getting up there in age.

We should probably hire him as LB coach. Just for his fire and workmanlike personality. :hmmm:

el borracho
12-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Maz was slow before. Now he is older and has had repetitive knee problems. He is not a good option at MLB. If we are playing Maz, we are screwed.

Chief Faithful
12-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Maz was slow before. Now he is older and has had repetitive knee problems. He is not a good option at MLB. If we are playing Maz, we are screwed.

A healthy Maz is by far the best MLB on the roster.

el borracho
12-27-2004, 02:50 PM
A healthy Maz is by far the best MLB on the roster.
I really hope that is not true by the time next season starts.

Ultra Peanut
12-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Kawika did a great job on Saturday.

Yeah. Too bad it was called back. Would have made a nice thread. ROFLWhen that happened, I said, "Oh, shit, I can't imagine the firestorm that's about to erupt on the Planet."

Ultra Peanut
12-27-2004, 05:14 PM
A healthy Maz is by far the best MLB on the roster.A young, healthy DT is by far the best defensive player on the roster...

yoswif
12-27-2004, 06:49 PM
It doesn't sound like very good roster management to dump a young player who is getting better. There are enough bad players who aren't getting better to think about.

royr17
01-08-2005, 03:50 AM
bump

tk13
01-08-2005, 03:57 AM
9-0 baby! I don't count the Cincy game... sure he played but that's the game where he got hurt and finished himself off, for good maybe... hitssmack can go fly a kite, Maz for president! :)

Demonpenz
01-08-2005, 04:05 AM
maz

tk13
01-08-2005, 04:36 AM

Read it and weep... :D

With Maz at MLB (we'll even include the Cincy game)
Games: 10
Record: 9-1
Points per game: 17.4
Takeaways: 29

Times allowing 30 points or more: 1
Times allowing 21 points or more: 3

Times allowing 20 points or less: 7
Times allowing 14 points or less: 5

---------------------------------------

Post-Maz (including playoffs)
Games: 23
Record: 11-12
Points per game: 27.4
Takeaways: 26

Times allowing 30 points or more: 9
Times allowing 21 points or more: 19

Times allowing 20 points or less: 4
Times allowing 14 points or less: 2

royr17
01-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Read it and weep... :D

With Maz at MLB (we'll even include the Cincy game)
Games: 10
Record: 9-1
Points per game: 17.4
Takeaways: 27

Times allowing 30 points or more: 1
Times allowing 21 points or more: 3

Times allowing 20 points or less: 7
Times allowing 14 points or less: 5

---------------------------------------

Post-Maz (including playoffs)
Games: 23
Record: 11-12
Points per game: 27.4
Takeaways: 28

Times allowing 30 points or more: 9
Times allowing 21 points or more: 19

Times allowing 20 points or less: 4
Times allowing 14 points or less: 2

Uh, no you just didnt, look for neg rep to come your way for dogging Mitchell from goatcheese. :p

Just kidding man, but yea we was a better defense when we had Maz int he middle but that has changed, Mitchell is getting better and hopefully he'll look really good this coming season.