PDA

View Full Version : Game thoughts

Claynus
12-25-2004, 06:57 PM
My god....that was wonderful.

Trent Green: one of the best games I've seen him play. The pass protection was spotty in the second half and he was Elway-esque in eluding the rush and firing the ball for first downs. 3rd and 12 and he nails Samie Parker perfectly for a first down. The guy is just plain AWESOME. LEADS THE NFL in 300-yard games.

Tony Gonzalez: Uh...we don't need a #1 WR folks. Tony is the man.

Eddie Kennison: Congrats on 1,000 yards! He played another great game today, despite getting away with that fumble. Big grabs in the 4th quarter.

Larry Johnson: Made some bad reads tonight, but showed much improved goalline running. The kid has POWER and DRIVE. And he catches the ball well too. You can't argue with 120 total yards and 2 more touchdowns.

Chris Horn/Samie Parker: We are loaded for WR next year. Samie looks REALLY good. I'm convinced that they can both replace Morton - if he's tradeable, get rid of him. If not, adios muchachos.

The D: Ugh. But they made some plays with the game on the line and were put in tight situations. Jared Allen is going to be really, really good. Hope he gets #10.

And finallly....

TEH FLYING SCOTSMAN NAILS TEH GAME WINNAH!!!!!!! AYEEEEEEEEEEE LADDDDDDIES! ITS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

Bowser
12-25-2004, 06:59 PM
How many yards has Green thrown for, and how many yards receiving does Kennison and Gonzalez have thus far?

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:02 PM
How many yards has Green thrown for, and how many yards receiving does Kennison and Gonzalez have thus far?

4,218 yards passing and 26 TDs for Green.

88 catches for 1,114 yards and 6 TDs for Gonzalez

58 catches for 1,013 yards and 8 TDs for Kennison

KcMizzou
12-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Tony Gonzalez: Uh...we don't need a #1 WR folks. Tony is the man.
Amen.. he was an animal today.

Parker impressed me too... he's scary-fast, and showed great body control on a couple of catches along the sidelines.

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Oh, and I almost forgot:

Nick Murphy: 2 punts, 55.5 yard average, long of 58.

HELLLLOOOO NURSE.

Also seeing our special teams nut up and stone the Raiders on kickoff coverage at the end makes me think its almost entirely a concentration problem that they have sucked all year!!!!!

Bowser
12-25-2004, 07:05 PM

Outstanding! :thumb:

And as a sidenote, Mitch Holthus sounded like shit today. Grigs should have brought him a Hot Toddy, or something.

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Amen.. he was an animal today.

Parker impressed me too... he's scary-fast, and showed great body control on a couple of catches along the sidelines.

Absolutely! That was my main concern about him after he flashed last week. I wanted to see the possession skills that Morton has.

I think he's going to be real, real good. Maybe he can become a Marvin Harrison-type. He has the same kind of build.

Horn = Wayne Chrebet.

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 07:06 PM

Morton was on pace to get 1000 yds as well. Wouldn't that have been something 3 recievers with a 1000 yds.

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Morton was on pace to get 1000 yds as well. Wouldn't that have been something 3 recievers with a 1000 yds.

I feel bad for Morton. I don't think he's going to make the team next year.

I'll have to adopt Kawika Mitchell, my next "project."

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 07:08 PM
I feel bad for Morton. I don't think he's going to make the team next year.

I'll have to adopt Kawika Mitchell, my next "project."

Yeah I think the youth movement is likely to push him out the door.

Deberg_1990
12-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Trent makes some dumb mistakes at times....he refuses to throw the ball away and has a tendancy to fumble?????

KcMizzou
12-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Trent makes some dumb mistakes at times....he refuses to throw the ball away and has a tendancy to fumble?????For every bad decision he makes, he makes 4 or 5 good ones. I have no problem with Trent.

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Trent makes some dumb mistakes at times....he refuses to throw the ball away and has a tendancy to fumble?????

The one knock on Green when we got him was he had a tendency to hold the ball too long...I can accept that if he plays like he did today...MINUS the fumble. Although I blame AL SAUNDERS for STUPID playcalling at the end. Letting 285 lb WIEGMANN go one on one with 370 LB TED WASHINGTON? WTF????

Bowser
12-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Well, do the Chiefs force feed the ball to Gonzalez next week? I don't think a TE has ever reached 100 receptions, have they? Tony had 93 in 2000, and I think Ben Coates has the record for TE's with 96. I say why not?

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:12 PM
For every bad decision he makes, he makes 4 or 5 good ones. I have no problem with Trent.

Better than Plummer. Plummer would have thrown half-a-dozen picks on some of the plays Green snaked his way out of tonight. Avoiding the rush and firing bullets between defenders.

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Well, do the Chiefs force feed the ball to Gonzalez next week? I don't think a TE has ever reached 100 receptions, have they? Tony had 93 in 2000, and I think Ben Coates has the record for TE's with 96. I say why not?

12 catches?

Not against Donnie Edwards.

KcMizzou
12-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Better than Plummer. Plummer would have thrown half-a-dozen picks on some of the plays Green snaked his way out of tonight. Avoiding the rush and firing bullets between defenders.Yeah... I think he's much better at avoiding a rush than he used to be. It's nice that at 34, he's still improving.

warpaint99
12-25-2004, 07:15 PM
Trent Green is the best since Len Dawson . And with Joe Montana.

Bowser
12-25-2004, 07:16 PM
It's nice that at 34, he's still improving.

I keep telling my wife that, too.

Coach
12-25-2004, 07:17 PM
The one knock on Green when we got him was he had a tendency to hold the ball too long...I can accept that if he plays like he did today...MINUS the fumble. Although I blame AL SAUNDERS for STUPID playcalling at the end. Letting 285 lb WIEGMANN go one on one with 370 LB TED WASHINGTON? WTF????

Agreed. I would had ripped Al Saunders for that one if I was DV. In no way in hell an O-Line should go up one-on-one aganist Ted Washington. An O-Line has always got to double team Washington, no matter what.

Deberg_1990
12-25-2004, 07:17 PM
The one knock on Green when we got him was he had a tendency to hold the ball too long...

Yep, he still does it from time to time...and he refuses to throw the ball away when nothing is there for some odd reason??? But like you said, he usually makes up for the bad plays in other areas.

Coach
12-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Yep, he still does it from time to time...and he refuses to throw the ball away when nothing is there for some odd reason??? But like you said, he usually makes up for the bad plays in other areas.

I think to me that he is trying to make something happen, even though it's not there. I guess he's trying too hard. Trent just needs to relax and just go play. Of course, her couldn't throw it away if he was in between the tackle box.

bobbything
12-25-2004, 07:20 PM
I think Saunders must have had money on this game. What was up with 2 passing plays with 1:46 left to play (one causing the subsequent fumble)??

Is this the future of Chiefs' late game (head) coaching???

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:20 PM

Believe me, I have cursed his name more than once this year. GET RID OF THE BALL, I scream.

It's hard to criticise a guy with a QB rating of 99.2 (updated!) who consistently leads one of the NFL's top ranked passing O's.

Deberg_1990
12-25-2004, 07:27 PM
Believe me, I have cursed his name more than once this year. GET RID OF THE BALL, I scream.

It's hard to criticise a guy with a QB rating of 99.2 (updated!) who consistently leads one of the NFL's top ranked passing O's.

True, even the best all make mistakes and have their flaws. IM sure Indy fans critisize Manning and Phily fans curse at McNabb from time to time.

Logical
12-25-2004, 07:28 PM

Though I do not disagree with you that Saunders made some questionable calls, I think the blocking calls are decided at the LOS by Wiegman himself. At least that is what I read in the past.

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Though I do not disagree with you that Saunders made some questionable calls, I think the blocking calls are decided at the LOS by Wiegman himself. At least that is what I read in the past.

I would think the design of the play calls for the center to block the nose tackle and Wiegmann handles blocking calls based on what the D is doing. If he did indeed decide to take on someone 100 lbs his senior, he is stupid.

Coach
12-25-2004, 07:30 PM

However, this is true, but usually the coaches design the blocking design, Wiegman basically sees the field and informs the other linemen of who could be a possible blitzer to make sure someone pick up the blitzer, which I would think alternate the blocking scheme.

Thig Lyfe
12-25-2004, 07:31 PM
TEH FLYING SCOTSMAN

Alright, pay up. I copyrighted that nickname.

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Alright, pay up. I copyrighted that nickname.

I'M SCOTTISH YA HOOLIGAN!!!

Claynus
12-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Damn! I almost forgot!

BOOYAH!!!

http://web.utk.edu/~ehss/images/sweep.gif

http://www.wfrfire.com/website/misc/tools/broom.gif

Bob Dole
12-25-2004, 08:05 PM
What's Green's trade value?

Claynus
12-25-2004, 08:06 PM
What's Green's trade value?

I think we could get Plummer for him.

Bowser
12-25-2004, 08:08 PM
I think we could get Plummer for him.

Are you sure we couldn't get a conditional seventh rounder, instead?

Claynus
12-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Are you sure we couldn't get a conditional seventh rounder, instead?

That would be a higher pick than where he was drafted, right?

Claynus
12-25-2004, 08:12 PM
OMG, IS IT GOOD? NO WAY? WAY!!!

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MOCR112122522_lower.jpg

WilliamTheIrish
12-25-2004, 08:15 PM

ALL qb's make dumb mistakes. But Trent MADE the plays down the stretch to get us in position.

Dante helped immensely. But Green was nails on that last drive.

Had Al f'ing Saunders not lost his god damned mind on the previous drive we'd have won the game there.

Saunders critical thinking skills went out the fuggin window on the possesion.