PDA

View Full Version : is Ryan Sims tradeable ?

warpaint99
12-25-2004, 07:09 PM
y or n .

Douche Baggins
12-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Nope. Maybe for a low round pick.

He looked like crap out there today. But he's had better days.

Phobia
12-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Doubtful. He's gonna be our Jenkins of the 00's.

royr17
12-25-2004, 07:12 PM

What you talking about, he is crap.

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Maybe we could get a 4th rounder out of him based on college potential.

Alphaman
12-25-2004, 07:15 PM

I don't know enough about line play to say whether or not he played well (meaning that I'm admitting that beyond sacks or tackles behind the LOS, I don't know if a guy played well or not. However, I did see him make 2 very impactful plays. On the Raiders last FG drive, once they got into FG range Sims hit Crockett on first down in the backfield and put him down. That play helped us get the ball back with time left. There was a pass play late that Collins under threw. He under threw it short because Sims got a hand on him.

KcMizzou
12-25-2004, 07:16 PM
I can't see how he has much value... and he still has the potential to turn into a player. We'll just have to ride it out and see what happens.

Douche Baggins
12-25-2004, 07:16 PM
What you talking about, he is crap.

Eh. He's not horrible.

Logical
12-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Doubtful. He's gonna be our Jenkins of the 00's.

Actually as bad as he has been he in no way compares to Jenkins when it comes to being a bust. Over three years Jenkins only played in 9 games and only started 1.

KcMizzou
12-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Eh. He's not horrible. Exactly... so far he's been.... serviceable. He's just not living up to the draft pick we spent on him.

Bowser
12-25-2004, 07:21 PM
And you know if we traded him, he would become a lifetime member of the Pro Bowl for whoever he ended up with. Same with Larry Johnson.

Deberg_1990
12-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Exactly... so far he's been.... serviceable. He's just not living up to the draft pick we spent on him.

Agrred..hes not a bust, but not worthy of the 6th pick in the draft either. If he was a 4th or 5th rounder, we would be saying he is decent!

CHIEFSFAN_NY
12-25-2004, 07:35 PM
We can thank CP and his group of buffoon(s) (Lynn Stiles and whoever else was in the "braintrust") for their wonderful insight on Sims being the #6 overall pick in that years draft.

Phobia
12-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Agrred..hes not a bust, but not worthy of the 6th pick in the draft either. If he was a 4th or 5th rounder, we would be saying he is decent!

IMO, that's the very definition of a bust....

Deberg_1990
12-25-2004, 07:40 PM
We can thank CP and his group of buffoon(s) (Lynn Stiles and whoever else was in the "braintrust") for their wonderful insight on Sims being the #6 overall pick in that years draft.

and John Bunting for putting a snowjob over on Carl and Dick.

Douche Baggins
12-25-2004, 07:48 PM
IMO, that's the very definition of a bust....

Is Eddie Kennison a bust?

Phobia
12-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Is Eddie Kennison a bust?

For us? Hell no. I can see how some Rams fans may consider him a bust.

Demonpenz
12-25-2004, 07:51 PM
For us? Hell no. I can see how some Rams fans may consider him a bust.

what about ryan leaf

Bowser
12-25-2004, 07:56 PM
what about ryan leaf

Ryan Leaf's accountant doesn't think so.

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 07:57 PM
what about ryan leaf

I was pleased with his career. :shrug:

Douche Baggins
12-25-2004, 07:58 PM
I was pleased with his career. :shrug:

He managed to beat KC!

el borracho
12-25-2004, 08:04 PM
To be fair, picking Sims at #6 was not considered a reach at the time and the Vikings were prepared to pick him immediately if we had not. We should also consider Sims' injuries and the fact that our DEs are not very good (although Jared Allen is getting there).

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 08:06 PM
He managed to beat KC!

He did? I want proof.

Douche Baggins
12-25-2004, 08:09 PM
He did? I want proof.

LAST MONTH IN CHIEFS HISTORY

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/2000-13-kc-sd

Bowser
12-25-2004, 08:11 PM

Ahhh yes! The game Elvis Grbac could not play because his pinky finger was sore. And also, the one win in San Diego's 1-15 season. :shake:

whoman69
12-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Frankly I don't want us going to the well again and drafting a 6th DT since DV got here. I would allow Gunther to continue to work on him. We've already dumped Downing and Freeman, and Sharpe is not considered to be a strong shot to improve greatly based on the playing time he has received. We can't spend all of our energies trying to get a DT in place. We have to move on and shore up more important needs on the defense. We still have Browning for spot duty, Siavii seems a big run stopper and has shown more in the pass rush than was expected.

cdcox
12-25-2004, 08:17 PM

Most of the talking heads had Sims rated #1 out of the 4 DT taken early in that draft. The Vikings were falling all over themselves (literally) trying to take him 6th, just before we did. You can't fault anyone on the Chief's staff for wanting him. You could argue that they should have not given up the 3rd to move up, and just taken the best rated DT on the board when KC got to their natural pick. Hind sight is 20/20, so to be credible, you better have beeh complaining about the trade from the instant it was made.

Even in the first round, a fair percentage of the picks just don't pan out.

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 08:18 PM

Heck. We're on Leaf's highlight film. I guess I had blocked that out.

ChiefsCountry
12-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Most of the talking heads had Sims rated #1 out of the 4 DT taken early in that draft. The Vikings were falling all over themselves (literally) trying to take him 6th, just before we did. You can't fault anyone on the Chief's staff for wanting him. You could argue that they should have not given up the 3rd to move up, and just taken the best rated DT on the board when KC got to their natural pick. Hind sight is 20/20, so to be credible, you better have beeh complaining about the trade from the instant it was made.

Even in the first round, a fair percentage of the picks just don't pan out.

What other DT would you have took in that pick? Henderson is the only one that hasn't been a bust. Too bad we didn't take Roy Williams.

SNR
12-25-2004, 09:40 PM
What other DT would you have took in that pick? Henderson is the only one that hasn't been a bust. Too bad we didn't take Roy Williams.Remember when Woods didn't suck? We would've had a fit if we took Williams over a needed position like DT

penchief
12-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Exactly... so far he's been.... serviceable. He's just not living up to the draft pick we spent on him.

Exactly. The question is, "Is he servicable?"

IMO, unless we can trade him for an established player that has a track-record that leads management to believe that he can help us more on defense than Sims, I would say trading him would be counter-productive.

To me, he just seems like one of those player who will eventually get his chit together, ala Lionel Dalton. If Sims does like Dalton, he could be much better.

Sure-Oz
12-25-2004, 11:45 PM
Let's hope he can turn it on next year or soon, like Dalton has this year.

penchief
12-26-2004, 12:48 AM
To be fair, picking Sims at #6 was not considered a reach at the time and the Vikings were prepared to pick him immediately if we had not. We should also consider Sims' injuries and the fact that our DEs are not very good (although Jared Allen is getting there).

What sucks so bad about that is that Minnesota moved on and picked up Kevin Williams, a Pro-Bowler. Ryan Sims needs to start producing.

LiL stumppy
12-26-2004, 01:16 AM
Yes he does and all we can do is pray that he does,because my guess ishe is staying here.

Rausch
12-26-2004, 03:45 AM

Jared Allen is about to break the rookie sack record for he Chiefs...

That betters DT, Lanier, Smith, and anone else of import. That doesn't mean he's as good, but it damned sure means he should have that End spot to himself...

NaptownChief
12-26-2004, 08:27 AM
What other DT would you have took in that pick? Henderson is the only one that hasn't been a bust. Too bad we didn't take Roy Williams.

What is really amazing is that we spent the #6th and a 3rd rounder on Sims and a high second rounder on Freeman thinking we had fixed the middle of our D Line for years...In reality we one below average NFL starter and one bum who is out of the league already.

dilligaf
12-26-2004, 09:10 AM
The real important question is, is my Ryan Sims jersey tradable? Come on guys, what have you got? I'm willing to listen to offers. :(

NaptownChief
12-26-2004, 09:18 AM
The real important question is, is my Ryan Sims jersey tradable? Come on guys, what have you got? I'm willing to listen to offers. :(

A couple weeks ago I think you could have gotten a Larry Johnson #34 jersey for it but now I don't even think that will happen. Maybe a Donnell Bennett if it is well worn.

dilligaf
12-26-2004, 02:25 PM
A couple weeks ago I think you could have gotten a Larry Johnson #34 jersey for it but now I don't even think that will happen. Maybe a Donnell Bennett if it is well worn.
How about a Trezelle Jenkins jersey? Any of those out there? :harumph:

penchief
12-26-2004, 02:40 PM
How about a Trezelle Jenkins jersey? Any of those out there? :harumph:

Let's not forget to pay homage to Brian Jozwiak. He was the original Trezelle Jenkins.

alanm
12-26-2004, 02:53 PM
What sucks so bad about that is that Minnesota moved on and picked up Kevin Williams, a Pro-Bowler. Ryan Sims needs to start producing.Minnesota picked McKenzie from Miami with the 7th pick. That guy hasn't really done much either.