PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating in San Diego

WebGem
12-26-2004, 03:44 PM
What's goin down on Sunday? I'm driving up there immediately after the Fiesta Bowl is over and I'm gonna get a few hours of sleep at my parents friends house but I plan on arriving at Qualcomm sometime around when the early games start. Who's all gonna be there and is anybody tailgating?

Dartgod
12-26-2004, 03:53 PM
What's goin down on Sunday? I'm driving up there immediately after the Fiesta Bowl is over and I'm gonna get a few hours of sleep at my parents friends house but I plan on arriving at Qualcomm sometime around when the early games start. Who's all gonna be there and is anybody tailgating?
I wish I knew. My wife and I and another couple will be there and would love to tailgate. I know Endelt will be there too. Not sure on the others. KC Dan said he may make it.

Maybe a mod could sticky this?

2bikemike
12-26-2004, 04:14 PM
I wish I knew. My wife and I and another couple will be there and would love to tailgate. I know Endelt will be there too. Not sure on the others. KC Dan said he may make it.

Maybe a mod could sticky this?

I won't be able to make the game this year but if I knew some of your guys plans maybe we could have a get together sometime while your in town.

I really dropped the ball this year. Who knew the Chargers would blow up like they did. It used to be you could get tickets anytime. Now they are selling out games.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-26-2004, 04:33 PM
My wife and I will be there...what's the dealio?

BiStateNo
12-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Tailgate at:

(1) Old Town Mexican Cafe (Old Town)

(2) In & Out Burger

(3) Any Jack In The Box location

Whoa......paradise!!

Dartgod
12-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Bump

WebGem
12-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Isn't BIG_DADDY from around there? He may be going.

KC Dan
12-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Bump
Just gotta get next week off from work (find out tomorrow) & get a ticket. HI Express old town, right? If so, I will try to stay there the night of the 2nd, but park there the morning of the game.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-26-2004, 11:01 PM
We want to join in for the Chiefs' Festivus in the parking lot...someone take charge and lead this outing. BTW, how much is parking at Qualcomm?

sd4chiefs
12-26-2004, 11:35 PM
Does this game mean anything? Do the Chargers or Chiefs really care who wins? I hope the Chiefs kick thier ass but I also want a better spot in the draft.

Dartgod
12-27-2004, 06:50 AM
Just gotta get next week off from work (find out tomorrow) & get a ticket. HI Express old town, right? If so, I will try to stay there the night of the 2nd, but park there the morning of the game.
Yep, that's the place.

Dartgod
12-27-2004, 08:15 AM
I'm not sure how many Planeteers are going to be in San Diego on New Years Eve (I know Endelt is), but our group is going to be partying at Big Dick's Last Resort in the Gaslamp Quarter. Reservations are required so here's the info...

http://www.dickslastresort.com/SanDiego/bigevent.htm

KC Dan
12-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Bob,
where are you guys sitting? Anyone got an extra ticket? If not, I am gonna get one this morning.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-27-2004, 09:53 AM
My wife and contemplating going to Dicks before I read your post Dart. Now I know to go somewhere else... =)

Dick's Last Resort is a blast. I loved the one in Dallas.

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 10:00 AM
I won't be able to make the game this year but if I knew some of your guys plans maybe we could have a get together sometime while your in town.

I really dropped the ball this year. Who knew the Chargers would blow up like they did. It used to be you could get tickets anytime. Now they are selling out games.
Bunch of fair weather fans in San Diego, :hmmm: Well, it IS San Diego after all.

:p

ENDelt260
12-27-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure how many Planeteers are going to be in San Diego on New Years Eve (I know Endelt is), but our group is going to be partying at Big Dick's Last Resort in the Gaslamp Quarter. Reservations are required so here's the info...

Hm, well I won't hit town til after 7... so, I guess it would only be a $20 cover.

Couple weeks back my Scottsdale neighbor mentioned going to SD for New Year's... I'll have to give him a shout and see what his plans are.

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 10:59 AM
funny one bunny. almost original. hope to see you guys down here in paradise, i dont blame you guys, whats the weather right now over there? i almost had to wear pants this past weekend, hehe. jk, anyways hope u guys enjoy americas finest city should be fun to see the second and third stringers get in some good practice just in case we need them against the jets...goodluck my chief brederen

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 11:00 AM
Isn't BIG_DADDY from around there? He may be going.

Big Daddy is up in the Bay area. I have not heard if he was going to be down here.

Vlad lives here and I have heard nothing from him if he would be going to the game.

If anybody is coming to town and would like cheaper ticket to the Zoo, or Seaworld let me know. I can get them on the military base.

ENDelt260
12-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Big Daddy's not going to be able to make it this year.

KC Dan
12-27-2004, 11:36 AM
Big Daddy's not going to be able to make it this year.He's being a chickensh*t! ROFL

Seriously BD, if you can make it I can get us two tix for around $100 each. I will be driving down from Washington on 1/1, stay in Rialto that night and drive the 1 1/2 hour to SD on the morning of 1/2, see the game stay the night and back up to Riverside/Rialto Monday 1/3. Gotta get my parents house ready to sell next week. Let me know, but all out there, could use a ticket or will buy today!

ENDelt260
12-27-2004, 11:42 AM
In BD's own words, there's "no freaking way" he's gonna make it.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2163717

Should prolly go ahead and buy yourself a tik, Dan.

ChiefsBrat3158
12-27-2004, 11:51 AM
my husband and i are going to the game too....we are driving down from Sacramento....on friday...does anybody know where to find a pretty cheap hotelroom close to the stadium? Hey i would appreciate the help.

Dartgod
12-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Bob,
where are you guys sitting? Anyone got an extra ticket? If not, I am gonna get one this morning.
The tickets are at home, so I'm not sure. Club level I think. I'll PM you tonight with the details.

ChiefsBrat3158
12-27-2004, 03:18 PM
so,does anybody know about any hotels...i know it is going to be hard to find something...cause it is new years eve...this is my first time at a game....would have prefered to be at Arrowhead...but seeing the Chiefs is all that matters.

ChiefsBrat3158
12-27-2004, 03:20 PM
we have tickets at the 50 yard line at row 10....can anybody tell me...if that is a good view?
we will be behind the Chiefs bench...i think that is awesome....my husband doesn't think so..he is a Charger Fan...

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 03:29 PM
we have tickets at the 50 yard line at row 10....can anybody tell me...if that is a good view?
we will be behind the Chiefs bench...i think that is awesome....my husband doesn't think so..he is a Charger Fan...

Nah its kinda low. The personnel on the sidelines will be an obstruction to a clear view of the field.

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 03:37 PM
well row 10 isnt that bad it all depends like if thats plaza or field tickets...chiefbrat, sounds like u picked a winner for a soulmate :)

ChiefsBrat3158
12-27-2004, 03:46 PM
i have field tickets....does that make the view bad?
hey we get along really well.....although he is really trying to convert me into a Charger Fan this year...but hey that is ok...he knows i will die a ChiefsFan..lol...

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 03:56 PM
yea well cant blame him for trying...as for ur seats...thats an iffy only because row 10 is like the brink of being able to view it well...r u planning to stand most of the time and last r u or ur husband short? as funny as that sounds it does make a little difference

ChiefsBrat3158
12-27-2004, 04:07 PM
i am 5'10" and he is 6'2"

ChiefsBrat3158
12-27-2004, 04:07 PM
oh,and yeah i will be probably standing up....

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 04:12 PM
then u shouldnt have much of a problem u guys are fairly tall so u guys should be alright

ChiefsBrat3158
12-27-2004, 04:19 PM
thanks chile for all the info...

ChiefsBrat3158
12-27-2004, 04:20 PM
one more question...are there lots of ChiefsFans at the San Diego homegames? and are there hotels near by?

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 05:02 PM
traditionally there are a lot of chiefs fans but i really doubt it this year, only for the fact that it soldout 3 or 4 weeks in advance...i expect chiefs fans there but way less than in the past. i dont blame them, any excuse to get out of the midwest right now is a smart thing to do...i have family come here every year from st. louis and to be able to come to san diego is another bonus for those chiefs fans

for hotels...there are ones in the mission valley area, if u look up hotels in that area u should be fine but u could also stay in old town which is a tourist kind of area and u can take the trolley to the game

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 05:32 PM
traditionally there are a lot of chiefs fans but i really doubt it this year, only for the fact that it soldout 3 or 4 weeks in advance...i expect chiefs fans there but way less than in the past. i dont blame them, any excuse to get out of the midwest right now is a smart thing to do...i have family come here every year from st. louis and to be able to come to san diego is another bonus for those chiefs fans

for hotels...there are ones in the mission valley area, if u look up hotels in that area u should be fine but u could also stay in old town which is a tourist kind of area and u can take the trolley to the game
Who said anything about the midwest? It is just a straight 8 hour shot down I-5 to get there bud.

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Is Kansas City not considered the Midwest? What does the amount of driving have to do with a geographical fact? What did I tell you about thinking before you type? Come on there buddy I know you can do it, like I said we will take it slow for ya ;)

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Is Kansas City not considered the Midwest? What does the amount of driving have to do with a geographical fact? What did I tell you about thinking before you type? Come on there buddy I know you can do it, like I said we will take it slow for ya ;)

ya know we do have planes here in the midwest.....and they arent the kind ya fly chickens and drugs around in..really jetpowered aeroplanes my friend

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 06:03 PM

In your original post, you implied that all KC fans are from the Midwest.

Although this is a necessary condition, since the team is from KC, it is not a sufficient condition: i.e., not all fans are from KC, therefore it implies that all fans that are at the Sand Diego game will be from the midwest, which in my simple post was refuted by stipulating that I could just drive 8 hours down I-5, hang a left and head towards Sante, get of the freeway at Mission Gorge area and be there baby.

:thumb:

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 06:03 PM
manfire read what bunny said. he was talking about the drive. Yes I know what planes are thanks...

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 06:06 PM
In your original post, you implied that all KC fans are from the Midwest.

Although this is a necessary condition, since the team is from KC, it is not a sufficient condition: i.e., not all fans are from KC, therefore it implies that all fans that are at the Sand Diego game will be from the midwest, which in my simple post was refuted by stipulating that I could just drive 8 hours down I-5, hang a left and head towards Sante, get of the freeway at Mission Gorge area and be there baby.

:thumb:
wow a chiefs fan in NOCal???? hey chil there are chiefs fans west of Topeka

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 06:11 PM
wow a chiefs fan in NOCal???? hey chil there are chiefs fans west of Topeka
Gees, I wonder how many SD fans are in Kansas?

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Gees, I wonder how many SD fans are in Kansas?

ummmmm 2???

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 06:15 PM
ummmmm 2???
Are you counting the Chicken and the Dog?

I mean, how many people ARE there in Kansas? It figures that there aren't many SD fans, no offense, I mean, you are next to hell or something.

I read about that place, and the superstition that goes with it, lmao.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Are you counting the Chicken and the Dog?

I mean, how many people ARE there in Kansas? It figures that there aren't many SD fans, no offense, I mean, you are next to hell or something.

I read about that place, and the superstition that goes with it, lmao.

yep

all we got here is wheatfields and tornados

and in case your wondering..dorothy is hot

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 06:22 PM
yep

all we got here is wheatfields and tornados

and in case your wondering..dorothy is hot
Yep, and so was that broad Mary Ann on Gilligans Island.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Yep, and so was that broad Mary Ann on Gilligans Island.

i was more of a Ginger fan

and noone please mention Mrs Howell thats just sick

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 06:28 PM
i was more of a Ginger fan

and noone please mention Mrs Howell thats just sick
Yeah, back in the Day Tina Louise was really hot, but, I don't think that "the movie star", was from Kansas.

Now in more contemporary midwest hotties, Melana Scantlon(SP?) from average Joe must have drank good high quality Midwest H-2-0.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah, back in the Day Tina Louise was really hot, but, I don't think that "the movie star", was from Kansas.

Now in more contemporary midwest hotties, Melana Scantlon(SP?) from average Joe must have drank good high quality Midwest H-2-0.

i think she was from misseri if im not mistaken..so she qualifies as a skank.and i can feel the reprocussions of that statement already

KcMizzou
12-27-2004, 06:35 PM
i think she was from misseri if im not mistaken..so she qualifies as a skank.and i can feel the reprocussions of that statement already Yep.. sorry, dude. Had to bomb ya for that one...

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 06:36 PM
i think she was from misseri if im not mistaken..so she qualifies as a skank.and i can feel the reprocussions of that statement already
I don't think being from Misery necesarily qualifies one as a "skank", I mean EnDELT is from there, but Melena's actions on the Average Joe officially put her in Skankville IMHO.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Yep.. sorry, dude. Had to bomb ya for that one...

oh well...
it was worth lossin some rep to crackback on ole mizzou

KcMizzou
12-27-2004, 06:37 PM
I don't think being from Misery necesarily qualifies one as a "skank", I mean EnDELT is from there... Hmmm.. that pretty much makes manfire's point for him....

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 06:41 PM
not everyone from mizzou is a skank.....i havent met everyone from mizzou

hahahah

WebGem
12-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Bob,
i MAY have an extra

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Hmmm.. that pretty much makes manfire's point for him....
Noooo, I am quite sure that Delt is a model citizen and quite a Gentleman. I in no way meant to imply he was a skank. You got me all wrong. Whatever would make you think that?

ENDelt260
12-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Noooo, I am quite sure that Delt is a model citizen and quite a Gentleman.

Damn right I am.

KC Dan
12-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Damn right I am.
I CALL BULLSH*T!!!

KC Dan
12-27-2004, 07:38 PM
i MAY have an extra
Let me know if you do.

stevieray
12-27-2004, 07:39 PM
I CALL BULLSH*T!!!

I met his Dad. Pretty cool guy.

WebGem
12-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Let me know if you do.
Sorry, it turns out we only got two. I wasn't sure if it was 2 or 3, sorry. But, if anyone wins this auction they would sit right next to us. It's on the Chiefs side and the price isn't bad with where the seats are.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6500774553&rd=1

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 09:52 AM
OK, I am making the long trek for this festivus so WHO IS GONNA PICK UP THE BALL AND SET UP A TAILGATE GET-TOGETHER?

Inquiring minds want to know. All those going can help by bringing stuff but I will be driving down and can't coordinate this.

Who will be the hero & get all the REP?

ENDelt260
12-28-2004, 01:13 PM
You should take charge, Dan. :D Heck, you'll have a vehicle. I'm flying out... I ain't drivin' nowheres while I'm in town.

Did we ever determine if Jim's coming? I think last year he and 2bikemike started things up, and the rest of us just called them on cell phones to figure out where in the parking lot to meet.

I know Mike already said he's not coming this year. He brought the grill last year... so, if grilling is in the plans, one will have to be secured elsewhere.

Hm, so now that I've added absolutely zero value to this thread... I'll be moving along.

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 01:17 PM
You should take charge, Dan. :D Heck, you'll have a vehicle. I'm flying out... I ain't drivin' nowheres while I'm in town.

Did we ever determine if Jim's coming? I think last year he and 2bikemike started things up, and the rest of us just called them on cell phones to figure out where in the parking lot to meet.

I know Mike already said he's not coming this year. He brought the grill last year... so, if grilling is in the plans, one will have to be secured elsewhere.

Hm, so now that I've added absolutely zero value to this thread... I'll be moving along.
Yeah, thanks for nuttin'! I plan on parking at a hotel and tramming my way in with Dartgod.

WebGem
12-28-2004, 01:33 PM
I can bring whatever if we need it. Just tell me what to bring. I'm starting the drive Saturday night around 10-11, and I'm staying at my parents friends house for a few hours which is about 10 mins from the Stadium. So I can bring or pick up whatever on the way. Just let me know.

ENDelt260
12-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Alright. 5840's in charge.

Bring strippers.

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 01:43 PM
I can bring whatever if we need it. Just tell me what to bring. I'm starting the drive Saturday night around 10-11, and I'm staying at my parents friends house for a few hours which is about 10 mins from the Stadium. So I can bring or pick up whatever on the way. Just let me know.
Are you parking at the Murph? I mean Qualcomm? If so, do you have a folding table? It might be easiest to just do burgers/dogs. JMHO.

WebGem
12-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Are you parking at the Murph? I mean Qualcomm? If so, do you have a folding table? It might be easiest to just do burgers/dogs. JMHO.
I can park there if need be. But, I drive a Maxima so I dunno what will fit. Show me a picture or link to a table similar to what we'd need and I'll see what I can do.

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I can park there if need be. But, I drive a Maxima so I dunno what will fit. Show me a picture or link to a table similar to what we'd need and I'll see what I can do.
I have a folding card table that is about 3'X3' that I could bring with me and drop off to you or hell...

Tell all of you this - Who wants to tailgate before the game and will actually show up? If we can get at least 10, I can bring a table and small grill (small weber) and others can help by bringing the burgers/dogs/condiments. If you will tailgate and will bring something, speak now in this forum and pony up what you will bring.

Bob, I can just pick you guys up and I will drive in but I don't know where the heck we will be parking.

ENDelt260
12-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Well, you know I'm in Dan.

Calcountry
12-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Damn right I am.
I was just trying to help your rep out man, honest! I noticed it took quite a hit lately. :p

2bikemike
12-28-2004, 03:05 PM
If I may offer a suggestion! Since Most of you are from outta town you might just try meeting in Old Town at one of the Mexican resturants and having a brunch. You can then catch the trolley into the game.

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 03:11 PM
If I may offer a suggestion! Since Most of you are from outta town you might just try meeting in Old Town at one of the Mexican resturants and having a brunch. You can then catch the trolley into the game.
I actually like this idea best! :thumb: Especially since I had planned on parking in Old Town. Are open grills allowed at Qualcomm anyhow and can you easily dump coals. It has been a very long time since I've been there.

WebGem
12-28-2004, 03:12 PM
I am going for sure, I can bring burgers, dogs condiments, or all the above. Just tell me what to get, including brand. That way I won't **** up, the other week my roommate had me pick him up some chicken breasts at Safeway and I brought home turkey on accident. :shake:

ENDelt260
12-28-2004, 03:13 PM
I actually like this idea best! :thumb: Especially since I had planned on parking in Old Town. Are open grills allowed at Qualcomm anyhow and can you easily dump coals. It has been a very long time since I've been there.
We grilled last year.

Er, well... Jim grilled. I stood around and drank beer.

I'm cool w/ the old town bar idea as well.

I'm easy.

ENDelt260
12-28-2004, 03:14 PM
the other week my roommate had me pick him up some chicken breasts at Safeway and I brought home turkey on accident. :shake:

ASU's finest, ladies and gentlemen.

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Ok, This is my idea. How about we all meet at the Old Town Mexican Cafe. They have a bar that opens at 7am. We can decide on a time for all. I will not be in the area until at least 8-9am. Below is their website and I am attaching a map. Let's get a roll call so we know who to expect.

http://www.oldtownmexcafe.com/1.html

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 03:37 PM
We should be able to park in Old Town if you have a vehicle and ride the Trolley from Old Town to the Stadium. The trolley leaves Old Town every 15 min and would be around $4.00 - $6.00 round trip to the stadium. It is a 15 min trip according to their website.

ENDelt260
12-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Old Town Mexican Cafe... count me in!

2bikemike
12-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Old Town Mexican Cafe... count me in!

I may be able to show up as well. Not certain yet.

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 04:03 PM
I may be able to show up as well. Not certain yet.
Please do! :toast:

2bikemike
12-28-2004, 04:04 PM
If you guys really want to do OTMC let me know. We'll get a head count and I will call them and see if they will set up a section or some tables for you all.

Dartgod
12-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Ok, This is my idea. How about we all meet at the Old Town Mexican Cafe. They have a bar that opens at 7am. We can decide on a time for all. I will not be in the area until at least 8-9am. Below is their website and I am attaching a map. Let's get a roll call so we know who to expect.

http://www.oldtownmexcafe.com/1.html
Sounds good to me Dan, but let me check with the rest of our group. I'm sure they'll be ok with it too. Looks like it is walking distance from our hotel.

ENDelt260
12-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Sounds good to me Dan, but let me check with the rest of our group. I'm sure they'll be ok with it too. Looks like it is walking distance from our hotel.
Rest of our group? How many people are you coming with?

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 04:26 PM
He meant his "posse"!

Dartgod
12-28-2004, 04:29 PM
My wife and another couple.

Dartgod
12-28-2004, 04:31 PM
My wife and another couple.
Oooops, I forgot you went to Rolla.

1(me) + 1(wife) + 2(other couple) = 4

So thats 4 people in our group.

WebGem
12-28-2004, 04:31 PM
I'll be there.

ENDelt260
12-28-2004, 04:35 PM

Thanks for showing your work. That'll ensure you receive full credit.

WebGem
12-28-2004, 04:36 PM

ROFL

2bikemike
12-28-2004, 04:37 PM
It looks like it might me cloudy and a slight chance of showers all weekend. :cuss:

WebGem
12-28-2004, 04:40 PM
It looks like it might me cloudy and a slight chance of showers all weekend. :cuss:
Maybe I'll put on my Santa the Chiefs fan outfit again.

Dartgod
12-28-2004, 04:47 PM
That's probably my fault. I've been watching the extended forecast and there are chances of rain every day we're there.

Calcountry
12-28-2004, 04:53 PM

2 multiplied by (other couple) =

2(2)=4

1+1+2(2)=6

I forgot, you are not into mathematics, but I always thought that a couple meant 2? I could be wrong though. :p

chileanbolt
12-28-2004, 05:28 PM
yea that made complete sense, haha

Calcountry
12-28-2004, 06:54 PM
yea that made complete sense, haha
:rolleyes:

Skip Towne
12-28-2004, 06:58 PM
That's probably my fault. I've been watching the extended forecast and there are chances of rain every day we're there.
"It never rains in Southern California".

2bikemike
12-28-2004, 08:14 PM
"It never rains in Southern California".

Well it's raining pretty good today!

Jmart
12-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Did anyone decide if there was a NYE get together?

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 11:59 PM
Read the earlier posts. Looking more and more like a before game get-together at the Old Town Mexican Cafe.

Skip Towne
12-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Read the earlier posts. Looking more and more like a before game get-together at the Old Town Mexican Cafe.
Will drinking alcoholic beverages be allowed?

KC Dan
12-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Will drinking alcoholic beverages be allowed?
Their BAR & restaurant open at 7am. You would have to buy their alcohol of course.

Dartgod
12-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Their BAR & restaurant open at 7am. You would have to buy their alcohol of course.
Skip's buying? YES!!!

Skip Towne
12-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Skip's buying? YES!!!
Yep, I'm buying. Just send the bill to: Skip Towne, Rt.1, Rogers, Ar.75621

ENDelt260
12-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Dartgod is going to Big Dick's Last Resort. I plan to give them a call tomorrow to see what the scoop is.

WebGem
12-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Dartgod is going to Big Dick's Last Resort. I plan to give them a call tomorrow to see what the scoop is.
WTF is Big Dick's last resort? Anyways, do we still need people to pick up food? If we do, tell me what to get and I;'ll pick it up on Sunday morning. Also, about what time are we meeting wherever we end up doing this?

Dartgod
12-30-2004, 06:42 AM
WTF is Big Dick's last resort? Anyways, do we still need people to pick up food? If we do, tell me what to get and I;'ll pick it up on Sunday morning. Also, about what time are we meeting wherever we end up doing this?
It's a bar in the Gas Lamp Quarter.

As far as I know, we are all meeting at the Old Town Mexican Cafe for pregame partying. Not sure what time though.

KC Dan
12-30-2004, 09:02 AM
It's a bar in the Gas Lamp Quarter.

As far as I know, we are all meeting at the Old Town Mexican Cafe for pregame partying. Not sure what time though.
I'm shooting for around 10am at the Old Town Mexican Cafe. That gives us a couple of hours before we need to head to the stadium for a 1pm game.

KC Dan
12-30-2004, 09:36 AM
2bikemike, I am sure that Dart's group (4), Endelt, myself will be at the mexican cafe for sure so that's 6 people and chiefsfan5840 would make 7 and you 8. So, if you want to give them a call great. Knowing that we are with Brian means the bar if that will work to have tables.

2bikemike
12-30-2004, 12:38 PM
2bikemike, I am sure that Dart's group (4), Endelt, myself will be at the mexican cafe for sure so that's 6 people and chiefsfan5840 would make 7 and you 8. So, if you want to give them a call great. Knowing that we are with Brian means the bar if that will work to have tables.

Done! There is a reservation for "Chiefsplanet" at 9:30 on Sunday. It will be in the dining room since the bar is first come first serve.

There are 2 bars in the place. They are back to back The one side is kinda small. The other is pretty big. So if anybody gets there and can snag a spot we can just let the dining room go. However you want to do it. We are covered. You can drink in the dining room as well.

Dartgod
12-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Done! There is a reservation for "Chiefsplanet" at 9:30 on Sunday. It will be in the dining room since the bar is first come first serve.

There are 2 bars in the place. They are back to back The one side is kinda small. The other is pretty big. So if anybody gets there and can snag a spot we can just let the dining room go. However you want to do it. We are covered. You can drink in the dining room as well.
Cool. Thanks for setting this up!

WebGem
12-30-2004, 07:04 PM

and nobody says anything about me being underage.

ChiefsBrat3158
12-31-2004, 02:21 PM
ok, getting ready to head to San Diego for the game on sunday...i am a little nervous,never been to a away game before....i hope i am not getting to much s**t from the ChargerFan wearing my chiefs stuff and being a girl and all....

Jmart
12-31-2004, 02:32 PM
ok, getting ready to head to San Diego for the game on sunday...i am a little nervous,never been to a away game before....i hope i am not getting to much s**t from the ChargerFan wearing my chiefs stuff and being a girl and all....
They will take it easy on you because you are a girl. The guys won't have it so easy... You should hear quite a bit of smack talk. I hate the SD fans. They will do everything they can to run it in about the playoffs and even if we win they will say "what is YOUR team going to be doing next week." And y;know what? There aren't any very good comebacks for that one...

ChiefsBrat3158
12-31-2004, 02:37 PM
i not worried about them talking smack...too much really....i will wear my Priest Holmes Jersey with pride and if they say anything about them being in the playoffs... at least we have been there more than once in the last ten years.

Calcountry
12-31-2004, 02:38 PM
They will take it easy on you because you are a girl. The guys won't have it so easy... You should hear quite a bit of smack talk. I hate the SD fans. They will do everything they can to run it in about the playoffs and even if we win they will say "what is YOUR team going to be doing next week." And y;know what? There aren't any very good comebacks for that one...
Another quality post from JMart, that was a blue light special!! :p

ChiefsBrat3158
12-31-2004, 02:40 PM
it is really funny how many Charger Fans i all the sudden see walking around..those guys are all benchwagon jumpers to me...wait till San Diego starts losing again....everybody will be laughing at them again.That is sad...

WebGem
12-31-2004, 06:10 PM
**** SD fans, I remember in 2000 I went to the game and there was twice as many KC fans as SD fans. Yeah, they were 0-13 then (not to mention they won the game, :banghead:) and they are 11-4 now..but uhh, I don't think Arrowhead was filled with away fans anytime in a long ass time. Anyways, **** SD fans. I'm out. I'll see all y'all on Sunday morning.

WebGem
12-31-2004, 06:16 PM
WEATHER REPORT

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/weather/tenday/92108?eventid=136401&epc=bi

That thing says 4:15pm PST, ****ing idiots.

Skip Towne
12-31-2004, 09:39 PM
The comebacks I use on Charger fans is "Where were you last year and the year before and the year before and the year before and on and on. Also make fun of their brand new Charger gear. They ALL have brand new gear.

PssvAggrssvDck
12-31-2004, 10:17 PM
I hope you all have a wonderful time tomorrow and Sunday. Hopefully no Tsumanis are headed that way.

WebGem
01-01-2005, 10:52 AM
I hope you all have a wonderful time tomorrow and Sunday. Hopefully no Tsumanis are headed that way.
I'll be headed that way in a couple hours. I dunno if I'm considered a Tsunami or not though. Go Chiefs

Skip Towne
01-01-2005, 11:19 AM
We need a report on last night's activities. Did Endelt do anything spectacular?

Jmart
01-01-2005, 12:49 PM
We need a report on last night's activities. Did Endelt do anything spectacular?

He was actually pretty well behaved considering.....

PssvAggrssvDck
01-01-2005, 01:51 PM

Considering what?

Jmart
01-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Considering what?
It was NYE...

Skip Towne
01-01-2005, 08:04 PM
So give us a report.

PssvAggrssvDck
01-02-2005, 01:31 AM
So give us a report.

Yeah, JMart

Jmart
01-02-2005, 03:27 AM
when I left him he was sitting in the shower with his head in his lap crying and there was a trail of blood going down the drain from his bung hole....

Skip Towne
01-02-2005, 07:05 AM
when I left him he was sitting in the shower with his head in his lap crying and there was a trail of blood going down the drain from his bung hole....
So you didn't use the KY?

Skip Towne
01-02-2005, 09:15 PM
So what happened out there? Somebody give us a report, pics and etc.

WebGem
01-03-2005, 08:44 AM
I got pulled over on the way home for people calling the Highway Patrol on me on I-8 for "driving recklessly" because I could not stay awake. If it wasn't for the cops pulling me over, searching me and my car (which woke me up A LOT), I probably would have ended up crashing, seriously. But, I have work at 9:30 and I'm already up and obviously I'm still alive..so oh well. There is more, but I don't have time to tell it. There are a few pics but I'm not the one who took them. Also a few bathroom and 3 o'clock AM phone call stories, but I'll let someone else tell them. I'm off to what will probably be one of the longest work days ever.

2bikemike
01-03-2005, 08:48 AM
So what happened out there? Somebody give us a report, pics and etc.

I don't think anybody got many pics. Dartgod took a couple and Endelt took a one or two. Gotta wait for them to get home to post pics.

We all met for brunch before heading to the game. In attendance were myself and my wife, ChiefsFan 5840, KCDan,Dartgod and his wife,and a pair of their friends.

We had a good time and as always Endelt had some good stories to tell. Like calling up an old girlfriend at 2 or 3 am on either New years eve or New years night. She is now married apparantly. Hey but we did get to join her tailgate party before going into the game.

I was not going to go to the game but ChiefsFan5840 had an extra ticket and I took advantage of that. Thanks again Brandon. Hope you made it home ok.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Brandon,

What time were you on I-8? There were plenty of jackasses between Yuma and Gila Bend. I saw some poor guy pulled over at Border Patrol outside of Yuma...was that you?

WebGem
01-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Brandon,

What time were you on I-8? There were plenty of jackasses between Yuma and Gila Bend. I saw some poor guy pulled over at Border Patrol outside of Yuma...was that you?
ROFL

Probably. I know I had just crossed the border not long before that. I was driving my brothers truck (a white Ford Ranger). I had blue jeans and a white wifebeater on. Then after I stood there shivering for about 10 minutes the assholes finally gave me my Chiefs jacket out of the car. They had me put my hands behind my head and searched me, and they searched my car as well. I was heading East and I pulled over on the right side of the road. There was either 2 or 3 cars there too, atleast 2, but there was 3 cops..I'm sure of that. Also, I wouldn't say I was such a "poor guy". I seriously found myself with my eyes closed for a little too long a few times. I was almost all the way off the road a couple times. Anyways, that little incident with the cops helped because I was wide awake until about 20-25 miles away from my apartment. That was when I started to get tired again, but it wasn't near as bad as it was before they pulled me over. I can't imagine how tired I would have been having to drive the rest of the 200+ miles like that.

WebGem
01-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Oh yeah, it was around ummm, I'd say 11:45-12:15 somewhere. Also, I just realized it wasn't on the I-8. I had JUST merged onto the 85 probably 20-30 seconds before they pulled me over.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Haha... sunuvabitch.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Like calling up an old girlfriend at 2 or 3 am on either New years eve or New years night. She is now married apparantly. Hey but we did get to join her tailgate party before going into the game.

Whoa, whoa... that was not an old gf. Just a friend.

2bikemike
01-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Whoa, whoa... that was not an old gf. Just a friend.

Oh sorry about that.

I thought she was a little too cute! :p

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 03:59 PM
I thought she was a little too cute! :p

I expected a response along those lines.

2bikemike
01-04-2005, 04:04 PM
I expected a response along those lines.

So I guess you caught your flight ok!

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 04:08 PM
So I guess you caught your flight ok!
Yeah... I had some trouble on the trolley (apparently the one I was on wasn't going where I wanted... or something... I dunno... I switched trains like 3 times and eventually got back to my hotel).

But, my flight was delayed, so I didn't miss it or anything.

I felt like absolute ass by the time we landed in Phoenix. 3 days of partying all caught up to me at once, I guess.

2bikemike
01-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah... I had some trouble on the trolley (apparently the one I was on wasn't going where I wanted... or something... I dunno... I switched trains like 3 times and eventually got back to my hotel).

I felt like absolute ass by the time we landed in Phoenix. 3 days of partying all caught up to me at once, I guess.

Did you pay for your trolley fares after I explained to you that you don't get to ride for free? ROFL

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Did you pay for your trolley fares after I explained to you that you don't get to ride for free? ROFL
Hey, I was able to figure that out on my own...

It just wasn't until after I got on the trolley I realized I was supposed to pay *before* boarding.

2bikemike
01-04-2005, 04:36 PM

It just wasn't until after I got on the trolley I realized I was supposed to pay *before* boarding.

But my way makes for a better Endelt story!

Jmart
01-04-2005, 05:14 PM

Good to see you made it back in one piece. You should have stuck around Sat. night, that red head kept saying how cute you were after you took off. That game really sucked, I am so glad I didn't make it....

WebGem
01-04-2005, 07:27 PM

Did you wait in that 3 mile line to get on the trolley? I called Dan and told him to go to the next station. I don't know if you were with him or if he even heard me, but it was WAY quicker. I walked to the next station in about 6-8 mins and got on right away.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 07:32 PM
You should have stuck around Sat. night, that red head kept saying how cute you were after you took off.

Swell.

I was pretty ripped... if I wasn't concerned about getting up for the game the next day, I would've stuck around til the bitter end.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 07:34 PM
I took a whopping four pictures that weekend...

#1 - Me and JMart... early in the evening on NYE (we're both still sober at this point)

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 07:37 PM
#2 - Me and JMart a few hours later on NYE (er, techinically New Year's Day by this point.) I vaguely remember being at this party. By the timestamp on my digicamera, it looks like this was roughly the point in the night when I got the bright idea to make a phone call.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Me, and the gal who was the unfortunate recipient of a 3am drunken ENDelt phone call. In return, she invited us to crash her tailgate party.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 07:43 PM
And, finally, the group at Old Town Mexican Cafe before the game...

from left: ChiefsFan5840, KC Dan, Dartgod, Mrs. Dartgod, Dartgod's two guests, 2bikemike.

WebGem
01-04-2005, 07:55 PM
That looks like it was around the time we learned Dartgod put some money on Denver to win the Super Bowl

Nzoner
01-04-2005, 07:56 PM
So is there a story as to why in the span of a few hours(pic 1 & 2)that the lei went from your neck to J's......or do we really need to know?

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
So is there a story as to why in the span of a few hours(pic 1 & 2)that the lei went from your neck to J's......or do we really need to know?
I don't recall for sure. I think it was irritating me... or, we decided JMart needed to be more festive... or both... or neither.

A lot of the evening is pretty fuzzy.