Buffalo
Miami
Dallas
NY Giants
Houston

Phobia
12-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Nice post.

If I move back to TX, at least I'll see 2 games minimum.

Count Zarth
12-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Nice post.

If I move back to TX, at least I'll see 2 games minimum.

w00t w00t! GoatCheese road trip!

Chiefs Pantalones
12-26-2004, 04:33 PM
That's a pretty favorable schedule. I like.

Rain Man
12-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Rep for an informative post.

I don't like playing the AFC East, but the part that I like is that we get all of the tough teams at home and we get the weaker teams on the road. That's the best way to go, in my opinion.

I do think that Washington and Dallas will be tougher next year than they were this year, though.

2bikemike
12-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Rep for an informative post.

I don't like playing the AFC East, but the part that I like is that we get all of the tough teams at home and we get the weaker teams on the road. That's the best way to go, in my opinion.

I do think that Washington and Dallas will be tougher next year than they were this year, though.

I am hoping we are as well.

whoman69
12-26-2004, 04:42 PM
How did you know I was just thinking of this?

philfree
12-26-2004, 04:43 PM
We'll probably get Dallas on Thanksgiving.

PhilFree :arrow:

Rausch
Home:
Oakland
Denver
San Diego
New England
NY Jets
Philly
Washington
Cincy

Road:
Oakland
Denver
San Diego
Buffalo
Miami
Dallas
NY Giants
Houston

That's 5 games with definite playoff teams, with Denver or Buffalo as possible playoff teams...

Houston is no pushover, Washington should be much improved, and Dallas only needs a QB... :hmmm:

ChiefsFire
question is how will they stop TO when philly comes to town????

sabotage???
pray for a tsunami??
find a shutdown corner???

LocoChiefsFan
12-26-2004, 04:45 PM

sabotage???
pray for a tsunami??
find a shutdown corner???
I vote for a shutdown corner.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-26-2004, 04:54 PM
That's 5 games with definite playoff teams, with Denver or Buffalo as possible playoff teams...

Houston is no pushover, Washington should be much improved, and Dallas only needs a QB... :hmmm:

But remember, We were a playoff team last year, so were the Ravens and the Seahawks and Rams. Just because someone had success this year does NOT necessarily mean they'll be successful next season.

Free Agency, retirements, injuries, coaches leaving. . .

I'll worry about having to play quote, unquote playoff teams next year when we see what happens to any of them in the off season.

DaKCMan AP
12-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Why this opening the season against divison opponents bullshit again??

VonneMarie
12-26-2004, 05:12 PM
That's a 12-4 season right there folks.

Rain Man
12-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Why this opening the season against divison opponents bullshit again??

I don't think that list is in schedule order, although it would indeed be interesting to start the year with eight straight home games.

KcMizzou
12-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Why this opening the season against divison opponents bullshit again?? None of the dates have been set.

VonneMarie
12-26-2004, 05:17 PM
I don't think that list is in schedule order, although it would indeed be interesting to start the year with eight straight home games.
You're such a tard. ROFL

Coach
12-26-2004, 05:20 PM
START PRINTING PLAY.......

oh wait, it's not 2005 season yet? Damn. :(

bricks
Alright Buffalo. yippie! yes! there's a road game I can go see, without a doubt.

Rain Man
I prefer 'idiot savant.'

Spott
12-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Actually, it's not certain that we will play at Houston next year. We will play the 3rd place AFC South team on the road, which is currently Houston. But if Jacksonville loses at Oakland next week and Houston beats the Browns at home, then Houston will finish 2nd over Jacksonville because they have swept the season series from them. In that case, we would play in Jacksonville again next year.

Although I always enjoy getting to see the Chiefs play in FL since I live here, I would rather not have to play anymore games down here because the Chiefs usually suck playing in Florida.

VonneMarie
12-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Actually, it's not certain that we will play at Houston next year. We will play the 3rd place AFC South team on the road, which is currently Houston. But if Jacksonville loses at Oakland next week and Houston beats the Browns at home, then Houston will finish 2nd over Jacksonville because they have swept the season series from them. In that case, we would play in Jacksonville again next year.

Although I always enjoy getting to see the Chiefs play in FL since I live here, I would rather not have to play anymore games down here because the Chiefs usually suck playing in Florida.
If that happens then, that's an 11-5 season folks.

bricks
12-26-2004, 05:28 PM

that is very true, and, can't understand why. Maybe we can chalk up a loss to the phins.

Spott
12-26-2004, 05:32 PM
that is very true, and, can't understand why. Maybe we can chalk up a loss to the phins.

I'll definitely be going to that one. I would love to finally beat the fins down here and hang out at South Beach before & after the game.

Skip Towne
12-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Only the :KU: can pull that off.

Rausch
12-26-2004, 05:41 PM
If that happens then, that's an 11-5 season folks.

Sounds good. No more ****ing 13-3... :shake:

chief52
12-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Sounds good. No more ****ing 13-3... :shake:

13-3 has not worked out too well, has it. It should have a positive ring to it, but... :cuss:

bricks
12-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Records don't matter. All the 13-3 teams we had that choked were all one-dimensinal. does that say something?

Rausch
12-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Records don't matter. All the 13-3 teams we had that choked were all one-dimensinal. does that say something?

I don't remember it that way. I remember having Joe Montana and Marcus Allen in the playoffs, with a VERY good defense...

Bob Dole
12-26-2004, 06:00 PM

They were one-dimensional because they were 13-3.

Everyone (but you,apparently) knows that.

whoman69
12-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Why do we play Houston every year. That's three years in a row for them.

Spott
12-26-2004, 06:28 PM

It's not set that we will play Houston. We may play Jacksonville instead.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Home:
Oakland
Denver
San Diego
New England
NY Jets
Philly
Washington
Cincy

Road:
Oakland
Denver
San Diego
Buffalo
Miami
Dallas
NY Giants
Houston
That looks like a fairly cushy road schedule.

If the schedules are based on each teams record the year before, how can they truly do them before the season is over?

:shake:

Alton deFlat
12-26-2004, 07:03 PM
Hopefully we play Buffalo early in the season. It would suck to go there in December.

Phobia
12-26-2004, 07:08 PM

We played them this year because we played their entire division. We played them in '03 because they finished 3rd in their division, just like us. We'll play them next year because it appears they'll finish 3rd in their division.

Alton deFlat
12-26-2004, 07:14 PM
We played them this year because we played their entire division. We played them in '03 because they finished 3rd in their division, just like us. We'll play them next year because it appears they'll finish 3rd in their division.

Pretty spooky. The old Texans and the new Texans. Parallel(sp) universe. Key the Twilight Zone music.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-26-2004, 07:19 PM
If I may say again, I think that's a pretty favorable schedule...

(trying to instill hope in 05 already)

Logical
12-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Pre offseason predictions I am sure they will change:

Home:
Oakland W
Denver W
San Diego L
New England L
NY Jets L
Philly L
Washington W
Cincy W

Road:
Oakland L
Denver :L
San Diego L
Buffalo L
Miami W
Dallas W
NY Giants W
Houston L

So based on this years personel I would predict 7-9 so those offseason moves will be critical IMHO.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-26-2004, 07:27 PM

Home:
Oakland W
Denver W
San Diego L
New England L
NY Jets L
Philly L
Washington W
Cincy W

Road:
Oakland L
San Diego L
Buffalo L
Miami W
Dallas W
NY Giants W
Houston L

So based on this years personel I would predict 7-9 so those offseason moves will be critical IMHO.

I hope the Chiefs aren't that moronic that they don't make hardly any changes in defensive personnel in the offseason, but I wouldn't be surprised; we are talking about the Chiefs here.

(Along with defensive changes, I think we need a #1 WR, but if I could only have one side to make changes, I'd choose the D)

Count Zarth
12-26-2004, 07:32 PM

Home:
Oakland W
Denver W
San Diego L
New England L
NY Jets L
Philly L
Washington W
Cincy W

Road:
Oakland L
San Diego L
Buffalo L
Miami W
Dallas W
NY Giants W
Houston L

WTF road losses to Oakland and Houston? You are on crack.

We'll beat the freaking Chargers at Arrowhead too. One year wonder.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-26-2004, 07:50 PM
WTF road losses to Oakland and Houston? You are on crack.

We'll beat the freaking Chargers at Arrowhead too. One year wonder.
We did lose to Houston in KC this year ya know.

David.
12-26-2004, 07:53 PM
That's a 12-4 season right there folks.

more like 9-7 unless we get some nice changes on D

David.
12-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Home:
Oakland W
Denver W
San Diego W
New England L
NY Jets L
Philly L
Washington L
Cincy W

Road:
Oakland W
San Diego L
Buffalo L
Miami W
Dallas W
NY Giants W
Houston W

that's how I see it with current personnel. Hope we do well this offseason.

Count Zarth
12-26-2004, 07:59 PM
We did lose to Houston in KC this year ya know.

The Chiefs are 2-0 in games I've attended.

WebGem
12-26-2004, 08:03 PM
ROFL

WebGem
12-26-2004, 08:05 PM
Home:
Oakland W
Denver W
San Diego W
New England L
NY Jets L
Philly L
Washington L
Cincy W

Road:
Oakland W
San Diego L
Buffalo L
Miami W
Dallas W
NY Giants W
Houston W

that's how I see it with current personnel. Hope we do well this offseason.
Do not ever say we will go 4-4 at home before a season started, and don't reply saying you said "with current personnel" because then we won't end up signing anybody.

VonneMarie
12-26-2004, 08:23 PM
more like 9-7 unless we get some nice changes on D
You don't think we will?

chiefs1111
12-27-2004, 01:24 AM
hmmmmmmmmmm yeah that look like it could be tough,but you never know with all that could happen in the offseason with fa draft and during the season with injuries. could be 10-6 or 11-5 and no worse then 8-8 or 9-7 maybe. just gotta fix our damn defense.

Alphaman
12-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Living in Austin it appears that I might get 3 road games in next year. Houston (assuming J-ville beats Oakland - that's in doubt given J-Ville's performance yesterday), Dallas and Miami.

My brother and I will probably choose Miami for our annual golf/Chiefs football road trip. This year was NO.

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2004, 07:13 AM

sabotage???
pray for a tsunami??
find a shutdown corner???Breaking his leg seems to work...

htismaqe
12-27-2004, 08:09 AM
But remember, We were a playoff team last year, so were the Ravens and the Seahawks and Rams. Just because someone had success this year does NOT necessarily mean they'll be successful next season.

Free Agency, retirements, injuries, coaches leaving. . .

I'll worry about having to play quote, unquote playoff teams next year when we see what happens to any of them in the off season.

Exactly.

ROYC75
12-27-2004, 09:21 AM
With some D help in FA and draft ....

Home 7 - 1 a far cry from the debacle this year.

Away 3-5 maybe a 4 - 4

Without any change we will be lucky for a 7 - 9 .

wazu
12-27-2004, 09:23 AM
I score it as 9-7. We'll lose all three games we play on the east coast (as per the norm), plus our away games for Denver and San Diego. Throw in New England and N.Y. Jets as losses and we are at 9-7.

Solid improvement!