PDA

View Full Version : Eric Hicks' excuse

shaneo69
12-26-2004, 09:35 PM
from today's Flanagan...

Chiefs defensive end Eric Hicks happened to pass former Chiefs offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye, now with the Raiders, near the elevators on the locker-room level shortly after the game.

Hicks shouted, “Hey, man. Was that my Christmas present, getting held on every play?”

Raye just smiled and did not answer.

Apparently, he's been held like this every game, because I didn't see any difference in his play last night from the rest of the season.

Count Alex's Losses
12-26-2004, 09:39 PM
I watched him quite a bit. He got whipped by Gallery on 90 percent of the plays.

In his defense he WAS held a few times. Most obviously on Collins TD right before halftime...it was bad, BAD holding.

I really wonder if the injuries he had took away some of his quickness and lateral agility. His pass rush absolutely stinks.

Cochise
12-26-2004, 09:40 PM
I saw at least two times where Gallery was holding him. But then again I have seen Gallery holding in just about every game I have seen him play this year.

LiL stumppy
12-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Bah,Hicks would probably miss the tackle if he got passed him anyways.

SNR
12-26-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm still waiting for Sims's excuse.

Oh wait, he sucks. That's it.

el borracho
12-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Hicks shouted, “Hey, man. Was that my Christmas present, getting held on every play?”

Raye just smiled and pulled Eric closer.

beavis
12-26-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm still waiting for Sims's excuse.

Oh wait, he sucks. That's it.
Is he even playing still? I haven't heard his name called in a good 3 weeks.

LiL stumppy
12-26-2004, 10:13 PM
He had 2 greta plays yesterday

irishjayhawk
12-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Hicks WAS held on multiple occasions as I lost my voice yelling HOLDING!!!! Allen was victim to some too. It was BLATENT holding too.

Course those PI calls were pathetic.

This year, no matter what game Chiefs or not, the officiating has been horrendous.

LiL stumppy
12-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Yea every game the officiating has sucked for one team or a nother

Deberg_1990
12-26-2004, 10:59 PM
I cant wait to hear Bartee and Woods excuses this year....

KCChiefsFan88
12-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Thank God we re-signed Eric Hicks and BURNTee this past offseason

Jeez :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

InChiefsHell
12-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Yea every game the officiating has sucked for one team or a nother
When the zebras blew the call on Kennison's fumble, I just figured it evened things out for how bad it has been for us this season. Especially how bad it has been for Gonzo.

Seriously, the officials are not the only reason we have been losing by a long shot. But there have been, in my opinion, more bad calls against our boys this year than ever before. I'm not one to bitch about bad officiating, but this year has proven to be the exception...

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2004, 07:56 AM
I don't give a shit about holding. Good players fight it off. Allen is a rook and has 9 sacks. Hicks is just a sack of shit. He better be gone next year...

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2004, 07:59 AM
What was Saunders excuse? That was some horrible play calling late...

RedNeckRaider
12-27-2004, 08:22 AM
When the zebras blew the call on Kennison's fumble, I just figured it evened things out for how bad it has been for us this season. Especially how bad it has been for Gonzo
The game was called pretty bad both ways IMO. I go into a away game thinking they will get the breaks, this game both teams got screwed pretty dang even.

htismaqe
12-27-2004, 09:15 AM
I don't give a shit about holding. Good players fight it off. Allen is a rook and has 9 sacks. Hicks is just a sack of shit. He better be gone next year...

:bravo:

RedandGold
12-27-2004, 10:04 AM

Can I get an amen!

:thumb:

bricks
12-27-2004, 10:10 AM
My toilet paper rolls are empty right now. I have no toilet papers to wipe my a$$ with. What should I do? Is Eric Hicks available?

el borracho
12-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Exactly why I would select a DE in the 1st round of the draft. We are seriously screwed if Hicks and Holliday are on the roster next year.

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Is he even playing still? I haven't heard his name called in a good 3 weeks.

Yeah didn't you see him help move the ball back (holding penalty) when he got taken down like a little bitch. I was thinking that big mother fugger doesn't have any upper body strength the way he was taken down.

go bowe
12-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Can I get an amen!

:thumb:amen...

bricks
12-27-2004, 01:13 PM
We'll most likely keep Hicks folks. Just look at the way our coaches talk about the guy, it's like they praise him, and he does f@ck all on the field. I can't understand it, I'm f@cking tired of hearing the coaches talk about how good the guy is, when he does f@ck all!!!! he must be sucking coaches d*ck or something to still be donning a Chiefs jersey. I honestly don't know how the guy is still here :shrug:

Rausch
12-27-2004, 01:23 PM

And if my facts are correct Hicks got 0wn3d by a rookie. Not only has a rookie on his own team been far more productive, but Hicks is getting his arse handed to him by rookie Offensive lineman. It should be the other way around...

I'd prefer to see Browning start over him.

bricks
12-27-2004, 01:28 PM
And if my facts are correct Hicks got 0wn3d but a rookie. Not only has a rookie on his own team been far more productive, but Hicks is getting his arse handed to him by rookie Offensive lineman. It should be the other way around...

I'd prefer to see Browning start over him.

I fully and totally agree. Browning should get the nod over Hicks. He has 4.5sacks and he is a backup for f@ck sakes, Eric Hicks has 4. And get embarrassed not only by rookies, but, I could swear I've seen TE's show him who his daddy is.

Rain Man
12-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Truthfully, Gallery was holding Eric Hicks like crazy. I was noticing it during the game.

Of course, he hasn't been productive anyway, but he really was being held.