PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Lamar Hunt!!!

shaneo69
12-27-2004, 09:04 AM
You are one of only three owners, along with Mike Brown and William Clay Ford, who have not won a playoff game in the past 11 years.

(from today's I. Carter article)...

If you throw out the expansion Cleveland Browns and Houston Texans, only the Detroit Lions (1992) and Cincinnati Bengals (1991) have now gone longer without a playoff victory than the Chiefs. To put that in perspective, consider that the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars have been to two AFC title games, while the expansion Carolina Panthers have been to two NFC championship games and a Super Bowl since their inceptions in 1995.

:clap:

ChiTown
12-27-2004, 09:14 AM
It's just a real testament to the geeeneeeeus that is Carl Peterson. Mediocrity at it's worst......

This season has been an absolutely focking waste.. Here we are with the best f'ing offense (even with the NFL's best RB out) in the league, and we can't manage to get into the playoff's. Why? Because our solution to the 2003 32 Defense was to keep the same players and fix it with a new DC. Brilliant........

I'm pissed off today (thanks to shaneo69) because I can't believe we have gone 11 straight years without a playoff victory............. :cuss: That's inexcusable.

htismaqe
12-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Thanks shane.

Without posts such as this, Carl Peterson's ineptitude may have gone unnoticed...

:D

Phobia
12-27-2004, 09:45 AM
and the price of tickets has gone up, what - 75% over the same period?

Pathetic. If I weren't an idiot, I'd switch to Saturday ball.

ChiTown
12-27-2004, 09:49 AM
and the price of tickets has gone up, what - 75% over the same period?

Pathetic. If I weren't an idiot, I'd switch to Saturday ball.

It's the price you pay for success in the NFL......wait..........

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Saturdays game was surreal for me.

It was when they said, "The last time the Chiefs played on Christmas day, was 1971..."

That was the game that stuck this team on me.

I guess I just like rooting for the underdog.

:)

MichaelH
12-27-2004, 10:31 AM
I guess I just like rooting for the underdog.

:)

Yep, me too. The Chiefs are often overlooked, mainly because of their playoff record. Unless you live in KC, there's hardly a mention of the Chiefs. It's too bad what happened last year and what carried on into this year. All we can hope for is a complete turn around on defense and the same production on offense. It's yet another year of "maybe next year." :(

shaneo69
12-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately, I get the feeling when I hear interviews with DV and the players that everything in Chief-land is great, because we're finishing up on a strong note, and we have all these offensive records, and 5 offensive Pro Bowlers, etc., etc.

Even though we gave up 30 points to the Raiders at home, and 38 to the injury-depleted Titans, we're winning games now so everybody's happy, and all of the shortcomings that prevented us from going to the playoffs this year are quickly becoming forgotten.

This 4 or 5 game winning streak we're putting together in meaningless games at the end of this crappy season is just serving to get everyone's hopes up for 2005, and I'm sure we'll get ticket hikes due to false expectations again. Hey, we ended strong, so that momentum will carry us to the promised land next year!!! B.S.

Our defense still sucks. We've given up gobs of yards via the pass this year, after being the worst rushing defense last year. And our rushing defense hasn't really improved either. Sure, we don't give up as many yards per game, but that's because it's so easy to pass. Check out our avg. yards per rush and tell me that we're a good run defense. I think someone said it was 4.6 before the Raiders game, and I don't think it improved any vs. Oakland.

Can you really tell me one player on defense who you can count on next season? Jared Allen? I hope he improves vs the run. Ryan Sims...Lional Dalton....Eric Hicks? And our D-line is supposed to be our strength. I guess we know John Browning will play and be solid but unimpressive. At LB, we still don't know if Fujita or Mitchell are worth keeping. Will Barber come back from his knee injury? Will Beisel be re-signed? Is Beisel starting material? Can K. Fox play? The secondary is a mess. How many games will Warfield be suspended? Is he a #1, #2, or #3 CB? McCleon's played well the past two games, but he doesn't fit Gunther's scheme, and he killed us earlier this season when he was supposedly hurt. Can Benny Sapp be an eventual starter? WTF is up with Wesley? Can Pile or Harts be starters? Will Woods be brought back, and if so, why? We really haven't learned anything about our defense this year, other than they suck collectively, and Gunther can't work miracles.

memyselfI
12-27-2004, 10:51 AM
You are one of only three owners, along with Mike Brown and William Clay Ford, who have not won a playoff game in the past 11 years.

(from today's I. Carter article)...

If you throw out the expansion Cleveland Browns and Houston Texans, only the Detroit Lions (1992) and Cincinnati Bengals (1991) have now gone longer without a playoff victory than the Chiefs. To put that in perspective, consider that the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars have been to two AFC title games, while the expansion Carolina Panthers have been to two NFC championship games and a Super Bowl since their inceptions in 1995.

:clap:

But how many of those owners have SOLD OUT THEIR STADIUMS the past 11 years????? :hmmm:

Come on, give credit where credit is due. :thumb: Carl!!!!

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 10:51 AM
reeeal meeeeeen of geeeeeeeeeni(o)us

"So here's to you....MR 8-8 is fine if the seats are Full Man".........

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Yea, let's bash Lamar.

F*ck, he's only about 80. Conducts himself with dignity.

But damn, he's only taken the franchise to 2 SB's. But he hasn't done it in Shaneo's lifetime, therefore Lamar needs to be called out on a Chiefs BB.

Intead of this, why not stand out at Arrowhead and wait for Lamar to walk by and then yell this post at him? Show him what real fans like you think?

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 11:00 AM
Cool. Shaneo has a sock puppet. A silver and black one.

shaneo69
12-27-2004, 11:01 AM

"You work dilligently all offseason, well, except for that first week of free agency when you take your vacation, to put a team on the field that is always competitive, but never quite good enough to win in the playoffs." (Background singers) "Suckers born every minute!!"

memyselfI
12-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Yea, let's bash Lamar.

But damn, he's only taken the franchise to 2 SB's. But he hasn't done it in Shaneo's lifetime, therefore Lamar needs to be called out on a Chiefs BB.

Intead of this, why not stand out at Arrowhead and wait for Lamar to walk by and then yell this post at him? Show him what real fans like you think?

He's also made ALOT of money from his Chiefs ventures and though he's capable of investing alot back into the community and building a new stadium he's pulling his soccer team and playing hardball because the community did not accept his invitation to sink millions into an existing stadium????

I respected Lamar Hunt for many years...

but not so much anymore. What he's pulling with the Wizards is downright sleazy.

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Everyone knows you're an Al Davis Fan anyway Dense.

shaneo69
12-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Yea, let's bash Lamar.

Actually, I was alive when the Chiefs won the Super Bowl. Then Lamar got his merger, and the team has won, what, 3 playoff games in the past 34 seasons? Kudos to Lamar!!

memyselfI
12-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Everyone knows you're an Al Davis Fan anyway Dense.

Not true. But then everyone here calls Al a sleaze for being a sleaze...seems Lamar Hunt is immune from being guilty of the same when he's pulling the same type of political/economical crap within HIS community. :shake:

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 11:12 AM
He's also made ALOT of money from his Chiefs ventures and though he's capable of investing alot back into the community and building a new stadium he's pulling his soccer team and playing hardball because the community did not accept his invitation to sink millions into an existing stadium????

I respected Lamar Hunt for many years...

but not so much anymore. What he's pulling with the Wizards is downright sleazy.

He brought the Wizards here. HE floated them on his own dime. HE took the losses. They were brought here with the specific intention of having their own venue.

Personally, I don't care about the Wizards. Fold up. Makes no difference to me.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Not true. But then everyone here calls Al a sleaze for being a sleaze...seems Lamar Hunt is immune from being guilty of the same when he's pulling the same type of political/economical crap within HIS community. :shake:

There's a stretch. But that's not unusual. For you.

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Soccer sucks, and I hated their fargin soccer lines on the Football field anyway.

Carl is the one who should have been held accountable by now.....He should have been gone when marty was fired. That, is on Lamar.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Actually, I was alive when the Chiefs won the Super Bowl. Then Lamar got his merger, and the team has won, what, 3 playoff games in the past 34 seasons? Kudos to Lamar!!

Hey, feel free to grill Ewing Kaufman for dying on us too.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Soccer sucks, and I hated their fargin soccer lines on the Football field anyway.

Carl is the one who should have been held accountable by now.....He should have been gone when marty was fired. That, is on Lamar.

That much is true.

memyselfI
12-27-2004, 11:18 AM
He brought the Wizards here. HE floated them on his own dime. HE took the losses. They were brought here with the specific intention of having their own venue.

Sure, do it because you no longer want to lose money or because you want to move the team to a better location...

NOT as a (not so) veiled threat against the community of what could happen if they don't cooperate next time.

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 11:23 AM

Soccer just doesn't have the popularity yet to be a self sustaining venture. I am sure Lamar was losing a ton of money on that experiment.
I am sure he could do it for 150 years but who really care about soccer?

memyselfI
12-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Soccer just doesn't have the popularity yet to be a self sustaining venture. I am sure Lamar was losing a ton of money on that experiment.
I am sure he could do it for 150 years but who really care about soccer?

HELLO, this is NOT ABOUT SOCCER. It's about him pulling the rug out from under the city if he does not get his f*cking way. Just watch, his message is LOUD and CLEAR. The Chiefs WILL BE NEXT if the community does not do what he wants.

There were no threats, no warning signs, no indications that Lamar was getting fed up with the Wizards situation...rather he just bailed after his wishes were not granted. He'll do the same with the Chiefs.

Unlike Al Davis, he won't make threats or lawsuits. He'll just one day up and announce he's finished.

bobbything
12-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Hey, feel free to grill Ewing Kaufman for dying on us too.
You've got some sort of strange fixation on cuddly old men.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Sure, do it because you no longer want to lose money or because you want to move the team to a better location...

NOT as a (not so) veiled threat against the community of what could happen if they don't cooperate next time.

"Sure, Lamar, lose tons of money on the Wizards but don't you use veiled threats..."

Yea, just up and move the franchise. Like Al. And Art.

memyselfI
12-27-2004, 11:27 AM
"Sure, Lamar, lose tons of money on the Wizards but don't you use veiled threats..."

Yea, just up and move the franchise. Like Al. And Art.

If you think this is soley about the Wizards and soccer than you are huge freakin fool.

He's doing EXACLY what Al and Art have done...but right now it's just the lowly soccer team.

Clint in Wichita
12-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Hunt has the same "loyalty problem" that Vermeil has.

Peterson should've been shown the door when Marty left.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 11:37 AM
You've got some sort of strange fixation on cuddly old men.

Heh heh.

No, I just refuse to let people bash an old guy who brought this team here and made it a winner. These same people who think Lamar is in it for 'da money.'

These same people can't fill a thimble with their own lifetime achievments, yet feel free to whack an old guy who's done more for this city in his life than they could in 20 lifetimes. Hell 200 lifetimes.

These guys brought me my boyhood sports heroes. Both men always conducted themselves with dignity, shunning the spotlight. Not like greasy Al, or bombastic George Steinbrenner.

I see no reason why people feel the need to try BB hatchet jobs on the guy after what he's done for this cow town.

I underdstand D'nice's problem. Lamar let Carl let Gann.on go to the Raiders. She can't let go of it.

memyselfI
12-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Heh heh.

No, I just refuse to let people bash an old guy who brought this team here and made it a winner. These same people who think Lamar is in it for 'da money.'

These same people can't fill a thimble with their own lifetime achievements, yet feel free to whack an old guy who's done more for this city in his life than they could in 20 lifetimes. Hell 200 lifetimes.

These guys brought me my boyhood sports heroes. Both men always conducted themselves with dignity, shunning the spotlight. Not like greasy Al, or bombastic George Steinbrenner.

I see no reason why people feel the need to try BB hatchet jobs on the guy after what he's done for this cow town.

I underdstand D'nice's problem. Lamar let Carl let Gann.on got the Raiders. She can't let go of it.

This has nothing to do with Gannon and everything to do with Lamar being comfortable being a serial loser or with perpetual mediocrity....

which I still had respect for the guy because he seemed to let Carl run the show and if he felt comfortable counting his money while Carl was failing in his various five year plans I couldn't really get disgusted with Lamar.

But this Wizards power play and his slap at the city for not passing BS2 turned the tables for me. I think the guy has a well cultivated rep for being a nice guy if not sort of miserly...

but if you think what is said on this board was bad you should have heard the stories from folks calling in on talk radio and talking about their personal experiences with him. I have NO DOUBT that he would not give a second thought to yanking the Chiefs if the city does not acquiesce to his wishes.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Yes D'nice, I'm sure talk radio is the real story of Lamar.

After all I know how much you believe in Rush Limbaugh.

memyselfI
12-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Yes D'nice, I'm sure talk radio is the real story of Lamar.

After all I know how much you believe in Rush Limbaugh.

I didn't believe them rather I realized the guy is not as well loved and respected in KC as you seem to think he is...

Clint in Wichita
12-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Why would it be so shocking for Hunt to move the team? He moved them from Dallas to KC for god's sake!

In this era, either a city takes care of its teams, or the teams leave. Everyone knows this.

If KC can't get updated facilities together for the Chiefs (either a new or extensively refurbished Arrowhead), then it deserves to lose the Chiefs.

If KC can't get it done, someone else can.

memyselfI
12-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Why would it be so shocking for Hunt to move the team? He moved them from Dallas to KC for god's sake!

In this era, either a city takes care of its teams, or the teams leave. Everyone knows this.

If KC can't get updated facilities together for the Chiefs (either a new or extensively refurbished Arrowhead), then it deserves to lose the Chiefs.

If KC can't get it done, someone else can.

I would not be shocked. I think it's entirely possible.

Clint in Wichita
12-27-2004, 11:53 AM
I would not be shocked. I think it's entirely possible.

It's nearly a certainty if KC won't support its team the way most other NFL cities have.

bobbything
12-27-2004, 11:53 AM
I don't think this is really an issue. I think KC is demanding a high quality plan to be put into place rather than accepting a patch-work proposal.

Plus, KCMO's propensity to mismanage everything that falls on their desk isn't instilling confidence in the voters.

KC would be happy to pony up the $'s but there has to be something worth voting for first. I think we'll see it shortly.

shaneo69
12-27-2004, 11:56 AM
These same people can't fill a thimble with their own lifetime achievments, yet feel free to whack an old guy who's done more for this city in his life than they could in 20 lifetimes. Hell 200 lifetimes.

Give me a $150 mil on the day I'm born, and I could probably do some wonderful things as well.

Obviously, the guy has no faults in your little world. So you probably wouldn't believe that he screwed over a lot of fans in Dallas just so he could make more money in KC. Did he try to compete with the Cowboys and build a winner that the Dallas fans would support more than the Cowboys? No, he took the easy way out and moved to the city that offered him the most money. Admirable.

Now that he's won his Super Bowl, Lamar acts as if he's waiting until every other owner in the league has won one of their own before he tries to win it again. Hey, that's great that he wants to give everyone else a chance to hold the trophy, but it also now leaves him in the company of Mike Brown and William Clay Ford as the three most unsuccessful owners in the league during the past decade.

The best thing that could happen to Chiefs fans would be for him or his family to sell the damn team. Even a new, out-of-town owner would be stupid to move the team with the support it gets from this city.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 11:58 AM
This has gone from Lamar hasn't won a playoff game", to "Lamar is threatening the city", to "Lamar will move the franchise if he doesn't get his way with a new stadium"...... according to talk radio.

What a great board.

ENDelt260
12-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Lamar eats babies.

ENDelt260
12-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Lamar is mean to old people and children.

And dogs.

Clint in Wichita
12-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Lamar eats babies.

Does he take the diaper completely off, or just push it to one side?

Demonpenz
12-27-2004, 12:02 PM
lamar cut in line at the dmv

ENDelt260
12-27-2004, 12:03 PM
Does he take the diaper completely off, or just push it to one side?
If'n you wanna compare techniques with the guy, call him yourself. I'm not acting as intermediary.

Clint in Wichita
12-27-2004, 12:04 PM
If'n you wanna compare techniques with the guy, call him yourself. I'm not acting as intermediary.

You're just the photographer, eh?

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Give me a $150 mil on the day I'm born, and I could probably do some wonderful things as well.

Obviously, the guy has no faults in your little world. So you probably wouldn't believe that he screwed over a lot of fans in Dallas just so he could make more money in KC. Did he try to compete with the Cowboys and build a winner that the Dallas fans would support more than the Cowboys? No, he took the easy way out and moved to the city that offered him the most money. Admirable.

Now that he's won his Super Bowl, Lamar acts as if he's waiting until every other owner in the league has won one of their own before he tries to win it again. Hey, that's great that he wants to give everyone else a chance to hold the trophy, but it also now leaves him in the company of Mike Brown and William Clay Ford as the three most unsuccessful owners in the league during the past decade.

The best thing that could happen to Chiefs fans would be for him or his family to sell the damn team. Even a new, out-of-town owner would be stupid to move the team with the support it gets from this city.

1) Moving em turned out to be the best thing for us all eh, shane? Dallas was never going to big enough for two teams and moving it was in the best interest of two cities. Just like when Spanos took the Chargers out of LA and down to San Diego. Or any of the other moves taken by the original owners.

1a) Lamar has faults in my world. I'd love to see him whack CP. Would make my day. But the faults you ascribe to him are total bullshiot. Doesn't want to win. That's bullshiot.

Took the easy way out? You have to be kidding me. He took a huge gamble on this cow town. What franchise was here before him? The A's? God knows how successful they were.

2) Yea. It's true. Lamar hates winning.

3) Out of town ownership worked pretty well for the Kings.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
12-27-2004, 12:11 PM

so you do admit Lamar Hunt has done some wonderful things.
Not sure how he screwed over alot of fans in Dallas?

Anybody that thinks Lamar Hunt doesn't want to win another superbowl is crazy.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Lamar eats babies.

Precisley. If you're gonna criticize, at least be accurate like End.

memyselfI
12-27-2004, 12:15 PM
It's nearly a certainty if KC won't support its team the way most other NFL cities have.

Oh, KC will support the team...

the disagreement seems to be with those stuck in the past and seeking to dump money into a 30 year old stadium or those who want to see that money invested in a new stadium with a new location and more room for growth.

Until this fundamental issue is resolved the city will remain divided and Lamar holds all the cards.

shaneo69
12-27-2004, 12:21 PM
But the faults you ascribe to him are total bullshiot. Doesn't want to win. That's bullshiot.

Yea. It's true. Lamar hates winning.

What evidence is there that he is seriously trying to win a Super Bowl? The only action I see on his part is...a) non-action regarding the people who have been in charge during this 11 year playoff winless streak, and b.) approving ticket hikes every freaking year (except one).

Chief Henry
12-27-2004, 01:21 PM

rep for the creativity

bobbything
12-27-2004, 01:31 PM
the disagreement seems to be with those stuck in the past and seeking to dump money into a 30 year old stadium or those who want to see that money invested in a new stadium with a new location and more room for growth.
Exactly. But the fundamental issue lies in that KCMO is run by a bunch of morons. This will always be a problem, as evident by looking at downtown.

Logical
12-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Yea, let's bash Lamar.

I am sorry but Lamar settled for lousy throughout the late 70 and all of the 80s and only to fill seats would he make changes. Now that the seats are full he could care less about playoff success. I blame both Lamar and Carl for this teams colossal history of failure.

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Yea, let's bash Lamar.

Intead of this, why not stand out at Arrowhead and wait for Lamar to walk by and then yell this post at him? Show him what real fans like you think?Why not? He's the owner. He hired Carl. He needs to fire him.

stevieray
12-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Good thing Lamar and the Chiefs are around, or most of you would be bored out of your mind.

HC_Chief
12-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Good thing Lamar and the Chiefs are around, or most of you would be bored out of your mind.

Uninteresting lives? Careful... starting to sound like Rufus :p

BTW, what was that 'prize' you won before the faiduhz game? And what was up w/ the security by you guys? I was in the gold section above the tunnel... saw everything going on down in your section (Weirdwolf sure likes to change seats) :D

ENDelt260
12-27-2004, 01:47 PM
No kiddin'. I'd probably be reduced to actually doing work during the day.

stevieray
12-27-2004, 01:50 PM

BTW, what was that 'prize' you won before the faiduhz game? And what was up w/ the security by you guys? I was in the gold section above the tunnel... saw everything going on down in your section (Weirdwolf sure likes to change seats) :D

Red Chevy hat, Chevy/ Chiefs license plate, four cd's.

young dudes were drunk, fighting over red foam hands.... :rolleyes:

it was a blast...my wife got to sit with me....

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Good thing Lamar and the Chiefs are around, or most of you would be bored out of your mind.I'd be forced into being a Browns fan...same difference, I guess...

BigRedChief
12-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Thanks shane.

Without posts such as this, Carl Peterson's ineptitude may have gone unnoticed...

:D

I'd just like to point out that I had nothing to do with starting this thread. :rolleyes:

stevieray
12-27-2004, 02:01 PM

I'd love to have made the playoffs. In all actuality, I'm kinda glad we didn't, so we could see what we had in the rooks...I think that while bringing in more players (if possible) might've helped, Gun at least had the year to see what kind of depth and future we have. I don't think anyone REALLY expected this offense to still be deadly without Priest. Another question answered.

We had the lead in all of our games this year, we just couldn't finish. Look at the players that stepped up and did contribute to the last couple wins, one way or another. Jared Allen, Mitchell, Siiavi, Sapp, Horn, FJones, Parker, Harts, Avery and Tynes.

I love going to Arrowhead. It is a one of a kind experience.

stevieray
12-27-2004, 02:02 PM
I'd be forced into being a Browns fan...same difference, I guess...

That sounds like you are looking for disappointment.

HC_Chief
12-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Jared Allen - no brainer, this dude is a keeper

Mitchell - not a fan of this guy. He hasn't shown me enough to consider him a legit starter at MLB. Backup & ST yes, 'Mike', no. JMO (bet the coaches don't agree w/ me :grr: )

Siavii - the dude is too big & powerful not to be a disruptive force. I saw him look monsterous in TC this year. He has shown flashes of it in recent weeks, but I want to see some consistency. Still gets a better push than Sims.

Sapp - love the attitude, needs work. He'd make a decent nickleback.

Horn - catches everything thrown at him. Clutch possession receiver.

FJones - ST only, IMO.

Parker - about g'damned time he got some PT! Could be Morton's replacement?

Harts - better at SS than FS, IMO. I like the way he plays.

Avery - who?

Tynes - that kick was huge. Could be the confidence boost he needed

I still think we need 2 CBs, 2 LBs (MLB, SSLB), and a RDE to be a legit SB contender. The O is fantastic... we need to overhaul this D so they don't have to be PERFECT. We put way too much presuure on the offense. Time for the defense to start carrying its share of the.

stevieray
12-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Jared Allen - no brainer, this dude is a keeper

Mitchell - not a fan of this guy. He hasn't shown me enough to consider him a legit starter at MLB. Backup & ST yes, 'Mike', no. JMO (bet the coaches don't agree w/ me :grr: )

Siavii - the dude is too big & powerful not to be a disruptive force. I saw him look monsterous in TC this year. He has shown flashes of it in recent weeks, but I want to see some consistency. Still gets a better push than Sims.

Sapp - love the attitude, needs work. He'd make a decent nickleback.

Horn - catches everything thrown at him. Clutch possession receiver.

FJones - ST only, IMO.

Parker - about g'damned time he got some PT! Could be Morton's replacement?

Harts - better at SS than FS, IMO. I like the way he plays.

Avery - who?

Tynes - that kick was huge. Could be the confidence boost he needed

I still think we need 2 CBs, 2 LBs (MLB, SSLB), and a RDE to be a legit SB contender. The O is fantastic... we need to overhaul this D so they don't have to be PERFECT. We put way too much presuure on the offense. Time for the defense to start carrying its share of the.

Exactly. (Though I'd like to see Gun have one more year with KM)

Avery, averaged 55 yards on two punts, and was the holder on the "kick".

HC_Chief
12-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Exactly. (Though I'd like to see Gun have one more year with KM)

Avery, averaged 55 yards on two punts, and was the holder on the "kick".

You mean Murphy?

Speaking of booming punts, I was amazed at Lechler's kicks. Holy crap that dude can kick the ball!! :eek:
Really shouldn't be surprised... he gets lots of practice in-game :D
hehe, the faiduhz SUCK

stevieray
12-27-2004, 02:23 PM
You mean Murphy?

Speaking of booming punts, I was amazed at Lechler's kicks. Holy crap that dude can kick the ball!! :eek:
Really shouldn't be surprised... he gets lots of practice in-game :D
hehe, the faiduhz SUCK

Doh!

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2004, 03:10 PM
does this Shane dude do anything but bitch :shrug:

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2004, 03:21 PM
does this Shane dude do anything but bitch :shrug:He's a Chiefs fan, this is what we do...

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2004, 03:24 PM
He's a Chiefs fan, this is what we do...

if he thinks Lamar is playing him the fool & he sticks around for more..he's an idiot

Logical
12-27-2004, 03:35 PM
if he thinks Lamar is playing him the fool & he sticks around for more..he's an idiot

Idiots typically do not realize they are being played as fools. Be careful when you castigate.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Idiots typically do not realize they are being played as fools. Be careful when you castigate.

I'm not planning on going anywhere near his nutsack

Rausch
12-27-2004, 03:43 PM

There's quite a bit of that going around...

shaneo69
12-27-2004, 03:49 PM

WTF do you want me to do....smile like everything's just freakin' super? If you want to hear how great the Chiefs are, and how we missed the playoffs (again) because of "bad luck," go over to KCChiefs.com and have some hot air blown up your ass.

Yeah, I guess I am an idiot for continuing to buy season tickets each year despite a half-hearted attempt by management to win the Super Bowl.

If you don't like my bitching, then 4321

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2004, 03:53 PM
well we have at least moved up to "half-hearted"

~the improvement is a good start :thumb:

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm not saying shaneo can't biotch about non winning seasons.

However, I take exception when people say Lamar is in it only for the money. Or that he doesn't want to win another SB.

That's f*cking ridiculous.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2004, 04:35 PM
If Lamar isn't about wanting to win, he sure is shelling out a pretty penny for a coaching staff.

Who's to say he didn't tell Peterson, I'm paying a fortune for a coaching staff. Shelled out money for Barber, Holiday & McCleon & have seen not improvement. Show me some improvement & I will give you some more money for signing bonuses.

Vermeil had to rid himself of Robinson & go hat in hand to Gun. I think that was Lamar's call

memyselfI
12-28-2004, 07:26 AM
Exactly. But the fundamental issue lies in that KCMO is run by a bunch of morons. This will always be a problem, as evident by looking at downtown.

Well, that is part of the problem indeed...

but it is an ole chicken and egg scenario. If the folks within the KC area had ANY faith in KCMO's ability to put together a decent package and implement it with any amount of competence then they'd be willing to give them the money...but they don't, so they don't. Then KCMO tries again with another iniative only to be shot down by those who don't have the confidence in them in the first place...

that is why I firmly believe that as long as the stadium(s) issue remains under the control of KCMO then it will NOT happen. Move it to WYCO or out by the airport or Lees Summit but get it out of freakin incompetent KCMO.

jspchief
12-28-2004, 07:54 AM
I'm not going to say he doesn't want to win, but he's doing a mediocre job of accomplishing it. Hell, the captain of the Exxon Valdez wanted to do a good job too, but wanting and doing are completely different. Ultimately, he's the captain of this ship and if it hits an iceberg due to sh*tty personell, he's at fault.

I also don't give him a free pass because he's old. WTF does that have to do with anything? I suppose I should accept crappy fried chicken from KFC because Colonel Sanders is old.

bobbything
12-28-2004, 09:03 AM
If the folks within the KC area had ANY faith in KCMO's ability to put together a decent package and implement it with any amount of competence then they'd be willing to give them the money...but they don't, so they don't.
This is true as well. However, KCMO isn't the only voice in putting together a plan. Kansas City civic leaders put together this (these) plan(s). Not just KCMO suits.

The problem I have is that these "leaders" have directed their efforts in terms of progress rather than resolution. Then, once their plan is put in place, they're simply going to turn it over to Kansas City, MO to run into the ground. While there is a planning commission, there really is no governing commission. And that's what is needed. A "group", comprised of civic persons from all counties involved, maintaining the plan.

grandllama
12-28-2004, 10:11 AM
...I suppose I should accept crappy fried chicken from KFC because Colonel Sanders is old.

No, Colonel Sanders is dead. You accept crappy fried chicken because Pepsi tells you that you will accept crappy fried chicken and like it.