PDA

View Full Version : Chargers

IA_Chiefs_fan
12-27-2004, 01:47 PM
So will they play Brees, Tomlinson and Gates much this weekend?

Kclee
12-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Is it a lock that they can't move ahead of Indy because of yesterdays game? If so, then I would guess they don't play that much, but I haven't heard yet.

Hoover
12-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Well Indy would hold the tie braker via the Head to Head so I think they rest their starters.

That said I'm sure Rivers will light up the Chiefs and Marty will have another QB mess on his hands.

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 02:18 PM
we cant move anywhere in teh seeds and the game against u guys wont mean much except being a pride division game i guess...to what hoover said, it was a mess earlier in the season but its pretty much assumed we are going to tag brees so the mess wont happen till after enxt year, that will be a mess that i cant wait for, eitehr way its a win win situation...I think they are going to start the normal team but slowly switch people out during the game

StcChief
12-27-2004, 04:53 PM
That's a safe bet the Charger starters will play some...
They will want to treat this like a scrimmage/preseason game to see the 2nd stringer do mixed with 1st unit.

Injuries do happen in the playoffs... the hits seem a little harder....

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 04:59 PM
yea marty really shies away from throwing second stringers like that, so i see him taking LT first then Gates, most of the defense and then brees for the second half or so

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Well Indy would hold the tie braker via the Head to Head so I think they rest their starters.

That said I'm sure Rivers will light up the Chiefs and Marty will have another QB mess on his hands.
ROFL Yeah, he would tell the media, that he is seriously considering starting him in the playoffs.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 05:33 PM
it will be nice to see KC destroy ole Marty just fer shats and giggles.....

btw good luck in the playoffs BoltsFan

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 05:43 PM
we cant move anywhere in teh seeds and the game against u guys wont mean much except being a pride division game i guess...to what hoover said, it was a mess earlier in the season but its pretty much assumed we are going to tag brees so the mess wont happen till after enxt year, that will be a mess that i cant wait for, eitehr way its a win win situation...I think they are going to start the normal team but slowly switch people out during the game
Hey bitch, do you know where the shift key is??

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Low Class. How is that? Thanks Manfire see I know there are great fans here. I guess there are always going to be exceptions to the rule.

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Low Class. How is that? Thanks Manfire see I know there are great fans here. I guess there are always going to be exceptions to the rule.
I see you have now found it. Now if we can move to the lesson on complete sentences please.

Deberg_1990
12-27-2004, 06:18 PM
So does anyone think Marty may actually win a playoff game? After watching yesterdays game, it brought back too many bad memories of the Chiefs chokeing leads away......Remember, Marty hasnt won a playoff game since Jan of 1994.

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 06:28 PM
So does anyone think Marty may actually win a playoff game? After watching yesterdays game, it brought back too many bad memories of the Chiefs chokeing leads away......Remember, Marty hasnt won a playoff game since Jan of 1994.
The Bolts choked to the Colts, geeeeeeee what Dolts.

chileanbolt
12-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Complete sentences huh, why don't we start you off slower because obviously your a special one. Lets try to make real words ok there buddy, thats my sport! Wow history keeps repeating ourselves, 1994 was definantly a good year for Marty and the Chargers that year.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 06:42 PM

wha?

no speka englis??

royr17
12-27-2004, 07:26 PM
WTF is up with L T coming up as Lawrence Taylor now ?

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 07:31 PM
WTF is up with L T coming up as Lawrence Taylor now ?
Huh?

Did you do a search on an NFL website or something?

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 07:33 PM
L Taylor is the one and only L T

SpitLightning
12-27-2004, 07:47 PM

ya know this statement scares me to death.

my wife is a chief fan so i have seen many chief games ( ohGawd the horror) and i have seen them choke with marty in the play-offs and then yesterday watched the chargers choke it up.......... most definitly scares me......... thou Marty has lifted alota monkeys off the chargers back, maybee we can lift martys monkey off his and thats WIN IT ALL...

Spit.

ps...
see yea in Diego Go Bolts

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 08:10 PM
yea marty really shies away from throwing second stringers like that, so i see him taking Lawrence Taylor first then Gates, most of the defense and then brees for the second half or so

Compare the above post to the one below:

ya know this statement scares me to death.

x

my wife is a chief fan so i have seen many chief games ( ohGawd the horror) and i have seen them choke with marty in the play-offs and then yesterday watched the chargers choke it up.......... most definitly scares me......... thou Marty has lifted alota monkeys off the chargers back, maybee we can lift martys monkey off his and thats WIN IT ALL...

The similarities are AMAZING.

Do all Chargers fans come from South of the Border, or do you all have to work at fuggin up the English Language.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 08:12 PM

Do all Chargers fans come from South of the Border, or do you all have to work at fuggin up the English Language.
is Taco Bell hiring anyplace??

Frazod
12-27-2004, 08:18 PM
I was surprised to see that the Chiefs are actually favored by 3 (at least according to today's Sun Times). I guess it makes sense, though, since the Chargers have nothing to play for.

Of course, that won't stop our defense from sucking.....

XXXshogunXXX
12-27-2004, 10:02 PM
lt

XXXshogunXXX
12-27-2004, 10:02 PM
LT

XXXshogunXXX
12-27-2004, 10:05 PM
edit:

After using L.T in sentences, it shows up as lawrence taylor. I never refferto him as L.T, I know how sensitive little girls can get, even though Lawrence Taylor said it was cool himself.

alanm
12-27-2004, 10:09 PM
So does anyone think Marty may actually win a playoff game? After watching yesterdays game, it brought back too many bad memories of the Chiefs chokeing leads away......Remember, Marty hasnt won a playoff game since Jan of 1994.These Bolt fans are in for a rude awakening come the playoffs. They won't even recognize their team on the field. The Marty gameplan you saw during the regular season will be gone. Marty will pull out all the stops playing not to lose. ROFL

XXXshogunXXX
12-27-2004, 10:11 PM
thats cool....you may think it's a marty thing, but it's also a chief thing. 2003 sound familiar? recap what happened in what round without marty.

Spott
12-27-2004, 10:24 PM
So does anyone think Marty may actually win a playoff game?

Nope. I think Denver or Buffalo would both beat the Bolts in the wild card game. Not sure about if the Jets would beat them, although they have won in SD earlier this year.

SpitLightning
12-27-2004, 10:35 PM

is this a Football Forum? or English 101 ?

I didnt realize Sacramento was in southern California :hmmm:

Deberg_1990
12-27-2004, 10:35 PM
These Bolt fans are in for a rude awakening come the playoffs. They won't even recognize their team on the field. The Marty gameplan you saw during the regular season will be gone. Marty will pull out all the stops playing not to lose. ROFL

Very much agreed......I cant wait for you to see the "Real" Marty Shottenheimer in the playoffs....hahah..

Marty Shottenheimer = The BEST REGULAR SEASON coach of all time!!!

XXXshogunXXX
12-27-2004, 10:41 PM
did it feel like old times when you guys lost in round 1 last year with some guy named dick.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 10:43 PM
did it feel like old times when you guys lost in round 1 last year with some guy named dick.

bwahahahhahahahhahahhaah

BreesLightning
12-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Very much agreed......I cant wait for you to see the "Real" Marty Shottenheimer in the playoffs....hahah..

Marty Shottenheimer = The BEST REGULAR SEASON coach of all time!!!

Yeah, sitting at home on your couch rooting for other teams to lose is MUCH funner. When was it your team was in the superbowl again? What round did you lose in the playoffs last year again?

Yeah, it's been ALL marty's fault you haven't been to the superbowl the last 30 years. Man that guy must be over 100 by now.

Have fun on that couch CHOKERS. That Dick Vermeil(crybaby) really has done wonders for you hasn't he?

Isn't there a new draft thread you need to start somewhere? Oh Damn, we'll also be picking ahead of you in the draft. It must be really great being a Chiefs fans right about now. Get to it!

Spott
12-27-2004, 10:47 PM
It will feel like old times when Marty figures out a way to screw it up in the playoffs. But you don't have to take our word for it. Go to Brownsplanet if you want a second opinion on your playoff chances.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Yeah, sitting at home on your couch rooting for other teams to lose is MUCH funner. When was it your team was in the superbowl again? What round did you lose in the playoffs last year again?

Yeah, it's been ALL marty's fault you haven't been to the superbowl the last 30 years. Man that guy must be over 100 by now.

Have fun on that couch CHOKERS. That Dick Vermeil(crybaby) really has done wonders for you hasn't he?

Isn't there a new draft thread you need to start somewhere? Oh Damn, we'll also be picking ahead of you in the draft. It must be really great being a Chiefs fans right about now. Get to it!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that hurt

:LOL:

Deberg_1990
12-27-2004, 10:48 PM

Nice.....When was the last time your team even made it to the playoffs????? I cant believe how bad the Chargers fans come out of the woodworks whenever they have a good season once every 20 years or so.

alanm
12-27-2004, 10:50 PM
did it feel like old times when you guys lost in round 1 last year with some guy named dick.No the result was the same. But at least the Chiefs went balls to the walls. You guys haven't had Marty long enough to realize that the Marty you see in the regular season isn't the same Marty in the post season. Marty will go conservative at the worst possible time. Prepare yourself now!! Marty will play not to lose. And of course in the end he will lose. :shake:

BreesLightning
12-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Nice.....When was the last time your team even made it to the playoffs????? I cant believe how bad the Chargers fans come out of the woodworks whenever they have a good season once every 20 years or so.

I think the last time may have been when we punked you and your boy Deberg 17-0 in the playoffs. Ouch!

Deberg_1990
12-27-2004, 10:52 PM
I think the last time may have been when we punked you and your boy Deberg 17-0 in the playoffs. Ouch!

oh yeah, and guess who our coach was then??? Hmmmmmm 3 guesses.....

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 10:52 PM

Try living here. Last time I saw this much Charger gear being sported around town was 10 years ago.

BreesLightning
12-27-2004, 10:53 PM
oh yeah, and guess who our coach was then??? Hmmmmmm 3 guesses.....

Yeah and what's your excuse for getting punked last year. Guess who your coach was then, c'mon three guesses....

And what is your excuse for getting punked this whole season. Guess who your coach is now, c'mon three guesses....

Spott
12-27-2004, 10:53 PM

We don't really root for you guys to lose because you are not our rival. The Raiders and Broncos are our real rivals. Heck up until this year, we've never had Charger fans on this board. Most of us don't really care if you choke or not. Most Chief fans bought into Marty's coaching when he was here. We'd get our hopes up every year and just as soon as we'd start to believe, Marty would get conservative and lose the big game. Marty is a good coach, but he is the Dennis Green of the AFC.

alanm
12-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Nice.....When was the last time your team even made it to the playoffs????? I cant believe how bad the Chargers fans come out of the woodworks whenever they have a good season once every 20 years or so. The Chargers have fans??? Wow!! Who'd a thunk it. :eek:

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 10:54 PM
The Chargers have fans??? Wow!! Who'd a thunk it. :eek:
yeah and none of them speak friggin english

Deberg_1990
12-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Did Hell just freeze over today?? I never thought id see the day when Chargers fans would talk smak???

alanm
12-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Try living here. Last time I saw this much Charger gear being sported around town was 10 years ago.Well, when it goes back in the closet after the season is over you'll have 10 more years before it starts all over again. I think they cycle around like the locusts.

Deberg_1990
12-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Yeah and what's your excuse for getting punked last year. Guess who your coach was then, c'mon three guesses....

And what is your excuse for getting punked this whole season. Guess who your coach is now, c'mon three guesses....

Your not a very good Charger fan either, it was Dave Kreig who lost that 17-0 game to you guys in 1992. Not Deberg. In fact it was because of that game that convinced marty to change offensive Philosphies and pick up Montana in the offseason.

alanm
12-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Did Hell just freeze over today?? I never thought id see the day when Chargers fans would talk smak???I never thought I'd see the day when there were Charger fans period. ROFL

BreesLightning
12-27-2004, 11:06 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when there were Charger fans period. ROFL

It's funny, you guys sound like broncos fans in this thread. Like you guys have some sort of proud history to be talking smack over us. Fact is neither of our teams have done much in a LONG time. Atleast we can admit it. Get over yourselves and then maybe your team will actually do something.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2004, 11:08 PM
this thread is almost as funny as Hicks chasing Flutie will be on Sunday

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 11:09 PM
It's funny, you guys sound like broncos fans in this thread. Like you guys have some sort of proud history to be talking smack over us. Fact is neither of our teams have done much in a LONG time. Atleast we can admit it. Get over yourselves and then maybe your team will actually do something.
:bolts: :loser:

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 11:13 PM

Ya gotta admit you fan base is pretty weak. You guys finally put together a good season and then all of a sudden you guys start coming out of the wood work. You guys jump off of the bandwagon faster than you fill it.

alanm
12-27-2004, 11:16 PM
It's funny, you guys sound like broncos fans in this thread. Like you guys have some sort of proud history to be talking smack over us. Fact is neither of our teams have done much in a LONG time. Atleast we can admit it. Get over yourselves and then maybe your team will actually do something.No, we're just astonished at actually seeing Charger fans. Between the Planet, The Orange Mane and the Raider Board. All of which have been around for more than 4 yrs. We as a collective can count on one finger the amount of Charger fans who post on any of the rival boards. Shhhhhhh guys, Don't move or make any sudden motion or you may scare him away. :)

alanm
12-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Ya gotta admit you fan base is pretty weak. You guys finally put together a good season and then all of a sudden you guys start coming out of the wood work. You guys jump off of the bandwagon faster than you fill it. We'd at least give em a modicum of respect if they hung around and talked smaque even when they do suck. Like all 3 of our teams do with each other(Chiefs, Bronco's and Raiders) It's pretty much general consensus that none of our teams consider the Chargers as a rival. Just a filler on the schedual.

BreesLightning
12-27-2004, 11:25 PM
:bolts: :loser:

ManOnFire, where'd you pick up those whitty comebacks? The same place you pick up your men? I'm guessing it must be, since it must be pretty hard(pun intended) to actually talk when there's always something in your mouth, hence the signals and symbols. Way to go!

Frazod
12-27-2004, 11:29 PM
We'd at least give em a modicum of respect if they hung around and talked smaque even when they do suck. Like all 3 of our teams do with each other(Chiefs, Bronco's and Raiders) It's pretty much general consensus that none of our teams consider the Chargers as a rival. Just a filler on the schedual.

This is the thing. I've been here for 4 1/2 years, and prior to the last couple of months, I think we've had perhaps three or four Charger fans during that entire time, and none ever stayed around past the following Monday.

I'm pretty sure San Diego has had a team during that stretch... :hmmm:

I hope these new guys didn't sprain anything hopping on the bandwagon. :D

As far as the Chargers themselves go, I'm glad they won the division and neither of our true rivals didn't. Go Bolts.

ZZZ

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 11:31 PM
We'd at least give em a modicum of respect if they hung around and talked smaque even when they do suck. Like all 3 of our teams do with each other(Chiefs, Bronco's and Raiders) It's pretty much general consensus that none of our teams consider the Chargers as a rival. Just a filler on the schedual.

Don't you know that the reason they don't do that is the same reason they don't go to the games. There is just so much more to do in San Diego than to spend sunday rooting for your team or spending a few hours talking smack on the net.

alanm
12-27-2004, 11:33 PM
It's funny, you guys sound like broncos fans in this thread. Like you guys have some sort of proud history to be talking smack over us. Fact is neither of our teams have done much in a LONG time. Atleast we can admit it. Get over yourselves and then maybe your team will actually do something.Oh we give a big shout out to Marty for giving the Chiefs the 3rd highest winning percentage in the NFL behind the 49'ers and Buffalo in the 90's. You see where that got us. Good luck in the Playoffs. Don't let Marty break your heart.

Otter
12-27-2004, 11:37 PM
I'll be rootiing for Pittsburg, San Diego & Buffalo.

I want:

Indy, DEAD!!!
New England, DEAD!!!
Denver, tortured then DEAD!!!

Can't say I really care what happens in the NFC expcept for pulling for Green Bay and Farve.

Otter
12-27-2004, 11:39 PM

Uh, 1993 Conference Championship...Hellloooooooo?!?!? :rolleyes:

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 11:40 PM

I want:

Indy, DEAD!!!
New England, DEAD!!!

Can't say I really care what happens in the NFC expcept for pulling for Green Bay and Farve.

I don't even want Denver to make the playoffs. I hope Manning and Co. knock the dog shit out of them next weekend. Of course the Colts will probably rest some guys like Philly did tonight.

alanm
12-27-2004, 11:43 PM

I want:

Indy, DEAD!!!
New England, DEAD!!!

Can't say I really care what happens in the NFC expcept for pulling for Green Bay and Farve.Indy can die after next week. They have to knock the Bronco's out or it's going to be a long offseason listening to Taco. After that you can count on Indy doing a flameout much like the Chiefs last year since neither team has a defense.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 11:43 PM
ManOnFire, where'd you pick up those whitty comebacks? The same place you pick up your men? I'm guessing it must be, since it must be pretty hard(pun intended) to actually talk when there's always something in your mouth, hence the signals and symbols. Way to go!

whats a matter Frees,did ya have trouble gettin this post out the first time since u had to edit it numnut???

BreesLightning
12-27-2004, 11:45 PM
whats a matter Frees,did ya have trouble gettin this post out the first time since u had to edit it numnut???

Nope, just had to add the final touches to perfect it. You like it? I think it's brilliant. Read it again, maybe you'll find something new in it....

alanm
12-27-2004, 11:46 PM
I don't even want Denver to make the playoffs. I hope Manning and Co. knock the dog shit out of them next weekend. Of course the Colts will probably rest some guys like Philly did tonight.Not according to what Manning said at halftime tonight. He said he expected to play Sunday and keep the momentum going and go into the playoffs hot. He said they sat him and a few guys the last game a couple of years ago and they came out for the playoff game flat and lost. He said he didn't want that to happen again. Expect to see a full dose of Manning and company this Sunday in Denver. :thumb:

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Not according to what Manning said at halftime tonight. He said he expected to play Sunday and keep the momentum going and go into the playoffs hot. He said they sat him and a few guys the last game a couple of years ago and they came out for the playoff game flat and lost. He said he didn't want that to happen again. Expect to see a full dose of Manning and company this Sunday in Denver. :thumb:

Man I hope so. If the Colts can jump out to a fast start and put the game on Jakes shoulders I think Freeney could make Jake do some stupid shit.

alanm
12-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Man I hope so. If the Colts can jump out to a fast start and put the game on Jakes shoulders I think Freeney could make Jake do some stupid shit.What really sucks is that both the Chiefs/Chargers and Bronco's/Colts game are on at the same time.:cuss::banghead:

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 11:59 PM
What really sucks is that both the Chiefs/Chargers and Bronco's/Colts game are on at the same time.:cuss::banghead:

Well I will get the Chief/Chargers and have to rely on the updates to keep me posted on the Donks/Colts.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2004, 12:07 AM
I concur with Ron Burgundy...

http://www.labutaca.net/fotos/22/anchorman/anchorman1.jpg

Go **** yourselves, San Diego.