now

Frankie
12-27-2004, 02:11 PM
where?

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:12 PM
nice to have a day off after win, 4 in a row

raiders played well

Green was 5-6 in last drive with 1 drop(gobbling Green's baows)
Green Ducked like "jake the snake"

Gonzo played well.

Roaf didn't practice all week, in bed half the week with Gout.......medicine kicked in at last minute, he played 90% in pain

190 consecutive starts for Will Shields....

Kennison's first 1000 yard season....good job

Minus in turnovers, have to have good performance to win. Breaking records feels good/better with a win

Vermiel has only won more than 4 in a row 1 time, last year.

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Defense playing better

Kawika's best game.......all 3 LBs played very well

Allen has had 3 sacks taken away by penalty.

Hall should have had another score on the squib.
1600 return yards.

Pleased....New Punter stepped up...55yd average. Don't mind paying him for 2 punts/game

Kendall Gammon played his 272nd consecutive game.....practices like an offensive lineman. Appreciate his service.

Winning in the 4th quarter, where were losing in the 4th in the slump.

Breaking ton of offensive records, plan on breaking more next week.

don't plan on ending season on loss

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:16 PM
injuries
Bumps and Bruises
Green had ct scan to make sure face wasn't broken
Johnson has sore toe
Chance to get McCleon back
" " " Morton ".
" " " woods ".

WHY![/Iowanian commentary]

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Sandy Eggo playing well

+12 in takeaways.

"this week is our playoff game"
Expects team to show up and play well and give maximum effort.

Speaks well of players "character"

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Excited about Improvement of Young players.
Expect it from guys like Hicks?(hahahaha) and Wesley playing well coming back.

1 more to go, and watch everyone else finish the year.

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:19 PM
QA

Most coaches try to guess which plays might get player hurt, and might take some out for certain plays(I'm assuming SD). Better to be thinking that way...no one can afford to lose good player going into playoffs........."we're" going to prepare and do everything "we" can to beat them.

Championship season....vermiel took out playmakers and got beat by Philly

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Do you think the Dolts want to win the game?

Momentum isn't as important for the Chargers at this point, its aquired throughout the season, not one game.....they won't be trying to lose the game.

(mark this under the DUH! question of the day.

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Bober is questionable...........even if he's back, Vermiel would just leave Black as the starter.......he's really growing every play.

Pleased with Sammy Parker's play....his talent, but now the game is not "too big" for him.......He's "two of a kind" with charlie Joiner...work, communication(quiet).......gives him good feeling/confidence on the sideline
(he's giving the preseason speech on Richard Smith for Parker)

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Rookies who finish strong, always start out strong in year 2, have confidence, work ethic is better....motivated.

"I said all along I'm coming back...........even if I wasn't...I wouldn't tell you now, as I don't want to be a distraction"

(sorry I can't hear the questions)

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:25 PM
Coverages are complex

They're not letting 88 off the line cleanly.....much tougher now. now they're putting Dlinemen on shoulder of TE, and then checked by LB

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:27 PM
46 man rule even applies Christmas day..........Couldn't suit up Battle. Still thinks battle will be "fine corner".....would like to see him progress sooner in the overall scheme. WRs were gimpy, so he didn't suit.

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:29 PM
"could punt ever hit the wire/camera"

DV has seen the roof of the Practice facility hit.........noticed the camera watching the game tape.

Johnson came close to breaking twice........Oaks DTs are HUGE and hard to block, and their safeties played well.

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Thinks Allen has a real chance to be a double digit sack guy year in and year out.......but it'll take alot of continued offseason work.

ALways need pass rushers(I assume its a question about draft picks and offseason)...Personell staff meeting tomorrow. DV is preparing for Sandy Eggo now.

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Thinks finishing strong helps offseason.......Offseason training better, vacation better, weight room better, Training camp better.

(Iowanian contribution: Hey Dick.....tacklin' drills make defenses TACKLE BETTER)

Thats the end.

Chief Henry
12-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the play by play......

Skip Towne
12-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Hows come youse peeple in Ioway get these shows and usn's in Arkensaw get nuttin'?

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 02:56 PM
810...internet....basement office with no radio reception.

Yoos arK kansans wouldn't hear it anyway.....the Radio would be muffled out by your sister's thighs.

ENDelt260
12-27-2004, 02:58 PM
810...internet....basement office with no radio reception.

Yoos arK kansans wouldn't hear it anyway.....the Radio would be muffled out by your sister's thighs.
Some would think Skip was daft for shoving the radio in there... but, it's not all his fault. Someone told him the vaccuum tubes had to warm up, so he put it the warmest place he could think of.

Predarat
12-27-2004, 04:53 PM
What about the part where he talks about Trent Green and then cries?

bricks
12-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Thinks finishing strong helps offseason.......Offseason training better, vacation better, weight room better, Training camp better.

(Iowanian contribution: Hey Dick.....tacklin' drills make defenses TACKLE BETTER)

Thats the end.

yeah, and it also gives them excuses not to make any moves.

Deberg_1990
12-27-2004, 06:20 PM
What about the part where he talks about Trent Green and then cries?

Why does he slobber all over Trents knob all the damn time?? Does Trent have some inside info on Vermeil that he doesnt want leaked out???

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-27-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm waiting for the "our players are now proving that we were right all along in saying they were good enough...by winning the last four games...so we shouldn't expect any off season moves again...besides, we have no money" line.

The clock is ticking Dick...don't let us down.

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 07:34 PM
I'm waiting for the "our players are now proving that we were right all along in saying they were good enough...by winning the last four games...so we shouldn't expect any off season moves again...besides, we have no money" line.

The clock is ticking Dick...don't let us down.
I think Dicks jig is up, the fans won't stand for another pat hand.

You are going to cancel your season tix eh Beerme? I mean, if they don't make changes sufficient to your satisfaction, you will be espressing your dissent by cancelling those bad boys right? ;)

Here's to the Super Bowl in 05.

philfree
12-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Why does he slobber all over Trents knob all the damn time?? Does Trent have some inside info on Vermeil that he doesnt want leaked out???

I think that's an easy one. Trent bounced around the league with not much of opportunity until the Skins. Then under DV with the Rams Trent was tearing it up until Harrison blew up his knee. DV watched Trent rehab and saw that Trent wasn't giving up. Now Trent has started 62/63? games in a row and has become one of the leagues highest rated QBs for three years in a row. DV sees Trents dogged attitude, his toughness and his ability to not get rattled.

See I told you it was an easy one.

PhilFree :arrow:

Ralphy Boy
12-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Some would think Skip was daft for shoving the radio in there... but, it's not all his fault. Someone told him the vaccuum tubes had to warm up, so he put it the warmest place he could think of.
ROFL

I can't believe that didn't get a bigger laugh. Nice work. :thumb: