PDA

View Full Version : How can Randy Cross continue to keep his job?

brent102fire
12-27-2004, 07:31 PM
The guy is a total moron! Every game you can count on him calling players wrong names, being sure he knows what penalty is going to be called only to be proven wrong by the officials and being hypocritical on almost every subject he talks about. My wife can't even stand to listen to him anymore. Off the top of my head, some of the idiotic things he said yesterday during the Colts/Chargers game were:

1. Dan Manning
2. Nate Kaeding is the rookie kicker who replaced longtime kicker Drew Bennett.
3. In the 4th Quarter, he said nice run by Edgerrin James. However, it was LaDainian Tomlinson, not James.
4. Receivers get molested. I'm not sure that "Molested" is a proper word to use to describe something in football.

I'm sure I missed some of his other F-ups, what else did he say to make himself look like a fool. I can't believe this guy still has a job.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-27-2004, 07:36 PM
How can Randy Cross continue to keep his job?

I often wonder the same thing about meteorologists.

Thig Lyfe
12-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Randy Cross is a dumbass.

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 07:40 PM
The guy is a total moron! Every game you can count on him calling players wrong names, being sure he knows what penalty is going to be called only to be proven wrong by the officials and being hypocritical on almost every subject he talks about. My wife can't even stand to listen to him anymore. Off the top of my head, some of the idiotic things he said yesterday during the Colts/Chargers game were:

1. Dan Manning
2. Nate Kaeding is the rookie kicker who replaced longtime kicker Drew Bennett.
3. In the 4th Quarter, he said nice run by Edgerrin James. However, it was LaDainian Tomlinson, not James.
4. Receivers get molested. I'm not sure that "Molested" is a proper word to use to describe something in football.

I'm sure I missed some of his other F-ups, what else did he say to make himself look like a fool. I can't believe this guy still has a job.
Well dude, when you were an Olineman and didn't get much publicity when Montana was touching your ass every play, you act out after a while. :p

Skip Towne
12-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Cross is an ignorant, opinionated ex jock who has no business in broadcasting at the NFL level. Why they keep giving him Chiefs games is beyond me. We all hate him.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-27-2004, 07:57 PM
I believe RC was the dumbass who couldn't get Quinton Griffen's name right the entire opening weekend game. He kept calling him Griffith. Truly a tard.

WebGem
12-27-2004, 07:58 PM
$5000 says AZChiefFan has atleast one post on this thread. $5000 more says it won't be very nice either.

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 08:06 PM
$5000 says AZChiefFan has atleast one post on this thread. $5000 more says it won't be very nice either.
So, Randy Cross still sucks as a NFL Color Comentator.

Phobia
12-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Wasn't it him saying that James was down where his hand touched the ground? Uh - last time I checked the rules, backs could drag their free hand on the ground all the way to the endzone. To be down, your elbow, knee, butt, or back must contact the ground.

Calcountry
12-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Wasn't it him saying that James was down where his hand touched the ground? Uh - last time I checked the rules, backs could drag their free hand on the ground all the way to the endzone. To be down, your elbow, knee, butt, or back must contact the ground.
You forgot head.

Ultra Peanut
12-27-2004, 08:31 PM
4. Receivers get molested. I'm not sure that "Molested" is a proper word to use to describe something in football.AWESOME.

This almost redeems him.

Well, not really.

MOhillbilly
12-28-2004, 02:02 PM
that dude has the biggest Fn melonball of a head ive ever seen on tv that thing must be around 46-47 pounds.
Shit his teefers are a qp each.
freak

alpha_omega
12-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Well...he IS better than Dick Enberg.

ENDelt260
12-28-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure that "Molested" is a proper word to use to describe something in football.

Why not?

ENDelt260
12-28-2004, 02:33 PM
Wasn't it him saying that James was down where his hand touched the ground?

Over and over and over again.

Rain Man
12-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Why not?

Yeah, why not? I thought that Mark Chmura first made it acceptable.

Rain Man
12-28-2004, 02:37 PM
I think that Cross keeps his job because he makes the rest of us feel so good about ourselves.

John_Wayne
12-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Wasn't it him saying that James was down where his hand touched the ground? Uh - last time I checked the rules, backs could drag their free hand on the ground all the way to the endzone. To be down, your elbow, knee, butt, or back must contact the ground. --

I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't believe he was saying it. Then, I couldn't believe that he didn't catch is mistake and correct it. Then, I couldn't believe that he kept saying it over and over. It really made him sound like an ametur.

StcChief
12-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Bit_h to CBS Sports that handles AFC games.

morphius
12-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Well the formula worked so well for Madden that Cross figured he would copy it. Its kind of like watching a replay with Madden talking about the great block that set up the entire play, yet it was on the opposite side of the field and a whiff. Truly amazing stuff.

Pants
12-28-2004, 03:20 PM
At least he likes the Chiefs now. He kisses our ass everytime we play. I used to hate him because he used to talk so much shit on us. Now I just enjoy his silly retardation.

Swanman
12-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Cross gets to keep his job because the overall quality level in football broadcasting is piss-poor right now. Just listen to a Sunday Night ESPN broadcast and that will demonstrate just how bad broadcasting is right now. Theismann and Maguire just spend the whole game arguing like two old retarded women.

Also, listen to Dick Vitale for an entire college basketball broadcast and he makes Randy Cross sound like the best color guy ever. Broadcasting is bad across all sports right now. Too many ex-jocks getting jobs because some people might recognize their name.

Boon
12-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Well...he IS better than Dick Enberg.

Enberg has an excuse. He's old and senile.
Cross is a dumbazz................