PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Want Anything!!!!

Frazod
12-27-2004, 09:04 PM
Earlier tonight, I dropped the wife off at the hairdresser's and headed off to Best Buy to spend my gift cards/certificates.

And the oddest thing happened - as I wandered the store, I realized that I didn't want anything. I don't think that's ever happened before.

Well sure, I wanted the $6K plasma TV and things of that nature, but nothing I could walk out with using my $75 of prespent cash. There wasn't a game, or a CD, or a DVD that jumped out at me. Of course, when it comes to movies, I'm pretty much to the point that if I don't have it already, its not something I'd watch anyway.

I guess I'll hold out for Troy on DVD and Sith Lords for PC.

:spock:

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 09:06 PM
did you look in the "backroom" where they keep the good videos??

Frazod
12-27-2004, 09:07 PM
did you look in the "backroom" where they keep the good videos??

I don't think they stock pron at Best Buy.... :D

Ralphy Boy
12-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Fraz, it's clearly a sign you have too much money. I'll send you a PM with my bank wire info so you can get rid of some of your wealth and feel like a regular guy again.

Baby Lee
12-27-2004, 09:10 PM
And the oddest thing happened - as I wandered the store, I realized that I didn't want anything. I don't think that's ever happened before.
Time to dive into SACD. :thumb:

Frazod
12-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Fraz, it's clearly a sign you have too much money. I'll send you a PM with my bank wire info so you can get rid of some of your wealth and feel like a regular guy again.

Not too much wealth, just way too much debt. You can have all the debt you want. :D

Frazod
12-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Time to dive into SACD. :thumb:

???

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Earlier tonight, I dropped the wife off at the hairdresser's and headed off to Best Buy to spend my gift cards/certificates.

Well sure, I wanted the $6K plasma TV and things of that nature, but nothing I could walk out with using my $75 of prespent cash. There wasn't a game, or a CD, or a DVD that jumped out at me. Of course, when it comes to movies, I'm pretty much to the point that if I don't have it already, its not something I'd watch anyway.

Ahh ya cheap bastard put up the other $5925 and get the TV! :D

badgirl
12-27-2004, 09:13 PM
just lay the tv away with the gift card :thumb:

Bowser
12-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Like you didn't walk out with The Best of Brittany Spears.

:rolleyes:

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 09:14 PM
just lay the tv away with the gift card :thumb:

yeah

maybe they will let you come in and watch your tv til ya get her paid off...

notice i called it a her

Skip Towne
12-27-2004, 09:21 PM
You noveau rich make me sick.

Baby Lee
12-27-2004, 09:22 PM
???
Super Audio Compact Disc.
Where CDs are sampled at 44.1 MHz, SACDs are sampled at 2.8 GHz. So long as the source material hasn't already been downgraded to CD friendly PCM, it's to CDs what HDTV is to standard TV. Plus, it has a CD layer [so you can play the material in places where there is no SACD player], as well as both a 2 channel and 6 channel mix. So can opt for ultimate fidelity in stereo or elevated fidelity in surround. Even in surround it's higher fidelity than most DVDs, unless they are DVD-A.

Got Dark Side of the Moon ofr X-Mas, and although I've listened to it 1000s of times before, there was so much I didn't recognize [bits of dialog, certain sound effects], not to mention the surround mix. Also got Carmina Burana and Pictures at an Exhibition off the Telarc label. So basically I'm rebuying the highest fidelity sections of my CD collection, but it's worth it.

ChiefsFire
12-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Where CDs are sampled at 44.1 MHz, SACDs are sampled at 2.8 GHz. So long as the source material hasn't already been downgraded to CD friendly PCM, it's to CDs what HDTV is to standard TV. Plus, it has a CD layer [so you can play the material in places where there is no SACD player], as well as both a 2 channel and 6 channel mix. So can opt for ultimate fidelity in stereo or elevated fidelity in surround. Even in surround it's higher fidelity than most DVDs, unless they are DVD-A.

Got Dark Side of the Moon ofr X-Mas, and although I've listened to it 1000s of times before, there was so much I didn't recognize [bits of dialog, certain sound effects], not to mention the surround mix. Also got Carmina Burana and Pictures at an Exhibition off the Telarc label. So basically I'm rebuying the highest fidelity sections of my CD collection, but it's worth it.
uh ok

Ralphy Boy
Not too much wealth, just way too much debt. You can have all the debt you want. :D

Now if I really wanted YOUR debt would I be asking for money?

Actually I've been sitting on a $50 gift card from a golf store for about a year. Short of a couple sleeves of balls, a glove & a cigar holder, you can't get jack for $50 at a golf store.

Frazod

I'm half deaf. It would be wasted on me. :D

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 09:30 PM

Actually I've been sitting on a $50 gift card from a golf store for about a year. Short of a couple sleeves of balls, a glove & a cigar holder, you can't get jack for $50 at a golf store.

Some Pro V1's would eat up that gift card mighty fast.

Frazod
12-27-2004, 09:32 PM

Oh c'mon, are you sure you don't want just a little bit of debt?

I've got a $2K American Express bill due this week. I'll start you off with that one.

:titus:

Miles
12-27-2004, 09:36 PM
uh ok

It sounds really damn good. DVD-A is also really cool.

KS Smitty
12-27-2004, 09:46 PM

:hmmm: maybe that's why "you" misplaced that gift card for your bro-in-law. :p

Frazod
12-27-2004, 09:48 PM

:grr:

Hopefully by the time the damn thing turns up they'll have something worth buying.

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 09:49 PM

Maybe his wife picked up the BIL's card and stuck it in Fraz's stocking.

KS Smitty
12-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Maybe his wife picked up the BIL's card and stuck it in Fraz's stocking.

ROFL

badgirl
12-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Oh c'mon, are you sure you don't want just a little bit of debt?

I've got a $2K American Express bill due this week. I'll start you off with that one.

:titus:
I donate the 10's of thousands of dollars I owe in hospital bills. :thumb:

tommykat
12-27-2004, 10:26 PM

Fraz,
Rag rag rag........first the wife looses your gift cards, right? ROFL Now you take her to the hairdressers and go to spend some money via gift cards...:hmmm: I would say wuss, but I say what a good husband.:thumb:

Pants
12-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Dude, just be careful, the longer you hold the giftcard the less money you'll have at the end. I think they charge a couple of bucks monthly. Not sure whether Besr Buy does it, but a lot of other big stores do it. Just trying to help, bro.

Deberg_1990
12-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Man Fraz, I cant believe you didnt want the Barney Miller or Dukes of Hazzard season 1 box sets???

Actually I was at Best Buy tonight too and had $80 in gift cars to spend but went through the same thing....I couldnt find much to buy. I did hold in my hand the new Top Gun collectors DVD, but put it back because I didnt feel like waiting in the 2 hour line to pay for it.

2bikemike
12-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Man Fraz, I cant believe you didnt want the Barney Miller or Dukes of Hazzard season 1 box sets???

Actually I was at Best Buy tonight too and had $80 in gift cars to spend but went through the same thing....I couldnt find much to buy. I did hold in my hand the new Top Gun collectors DVD, but put it back because I didnt feel like waiting in the 2 hour line to pay for it.

I was at Best But today and went through the same thing. I picked up a CD went to pay and said fug it put the CD back and went next door to Borders and got the same CD for the same price with a 5 min. wait.

Deberg_1990
12-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Oh yea Fraz, I think I saw Donnie Darko in the bargain bin???

Bow Down to Darko!!!

Rausch
12-27-2004, 10:52 PM
I did the same thing today. I was flat broke, so I traded in an extra joystick and a couple of PS2 games...got $30 credit. I figured great, as long as I pick up used movies I can snag two DVD's for that.

I looked for an hour and couldn't find one I wanted. Not one. I even started over at "A" and went back all the way through again. Nope. Nothing...

Frazod
12-27-2004, 11:23 PM

The one thing I probably would have bought was Season 6 of Star Trek Next Generation, but Best Buy apparently doesn't carry those anymore. I guess I'll have to get that from Amazon.

I'm pretty sure my Best Buy gift cards won't work on Amazon. :banghead: