PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Chief's Draft Picks

Redcoat
12-28-2004, 07:43 AM
From what I have been able to find on the net it looks like the Chiefs will have the following picks:

1st 1 pick
2nd 1 pick
3rd 1 pick ( Welborn less than 50% of snaps)
4th -0- ( If above is true)
5th 3 picks ( Our pick, one from Detroit from the 2004 draft day
trade, one from Green Bay in the Truluck trade.
6th 2 picks ( Our pick and one from Green Bay in the Truluck trade)
7th 1 pick (Lost ours to Houston in the Cheek fiasco but have 1
coming from a trade of Derek Combs to the Packers
in 2003 this via Ourlads)

We should get something in compensation from the legue for the loss of Tait but not for Quinn.

With all those picks we should be able to get a couple of guys that can cover and tackle wouldn't you think? :rolleyes:

Infidel Goat
12-28-2004, 07:50 AM
From what I have been able to find on the net it looks like the Chiefs will have the following picks:

1st 1 pick
2nd 1 pick
3rd 1 pick ( Welborn less than 50% of snaps)
4th -0- ( If above is true)
5th 3 picks ( Our pick, one from Detroit from the 2004 draft day
trade, one from Green Bay in the Truluck trade.
6th 2 picks ( Our pick and one from Green Bay in the Truluck trade)
7th 1 pick (Lost ours to Houston in the Cheek fiasco but have 1
coming from a trade of Derek Combs to the Packers
in 2003 this via Ourlads)

We should get something in compensation from the legue for the loss of Tait but not for Quinn.

With all those picks we should be able to get a couple of guys that can cover and tackle wouldn't you think? :rolleyes:

I don't know.

Didn't Welbourn play in (start?) close to 10 games? If so, he may make the 50% offensive snaps mark anyway--and cost us our 3rd round rather than 4th round pick.

If we are lucky, we'll get one guy who can start next year through the draft. I'd love to find either a stud MLB or CB in FA and hope to find the other guy through the draft. We can use upgrades a lot of other areas as well obviously . . .

--Infidel Goat

Redcoat
12-28-2004, 08:00 AM
I don't know for sure but Bober was getting some of the snaps at right tackle even before Welborn went down with the injury.

Cochise
12-28-2004, 08:13 AM
they put Welborn on IR so he wouldn't get the specified number of snaps.

jiveturkey
12-28-2004, 08:43 AM
The extra picks should make it easier to trade up.

Saulbadguy
12-28-2004, 09:24 AM
5th round...the cream of the crop. Sweet.

HolmeZz
12-28-2004, 01:00 PM
I love all those late round picks. We seem to do better with those than with our early picks.

CanadaKC
12-28-2004, 01:06 PM
All I know is that Carl better not f#ck up our first and second round picks this year. If Ahmad Brooks or Marlin Jackson are still there when we pick, and we trade down....I'm hunting CeePee down.

John_Wayne
12-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know what we may get in compensation for Tait? That would give us 10 picks. :thumb: Cool !!! We haven't had that many for quite some time. Maybe we can get the average age of this team to come down. The Chiefs are getting pretty old on average. Getting rid of Morten Anderson's 65 years of age helped our average a bunch.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2004, 03:14 PM
The extra picks should make it easier to trade up.
yeaaaaa .... riiiiiight

and if we wouldn't of won a few of these last meaningless games we wouldn't have to trade up.

but of course the draft doesn't matter(per Gaz) so i dont know why we are worried about it.

NaptownChief
12-28-2004, 04:01 PM
I thought Welborne was traded for a 5th?

Mr. Laz
12-28-2004, 04:09 PM
I thought Welborne was traded for a 5th?
we did ... which i thought was a good trade

later we found out there was ALSO a conditional pick included in the trade.

Welborne for a 5th round pick AND a 3rd or 4th rd pick in 2005 depending on the % of snaps he played for us. The breaking point on the draft pick is believed to be 50% right now... but i'm not sure.

the trade quickly became less than "good" :(

bricks
12-28-2004, 05:08 PM
I don't think he played 50% of the snaps. He's been hurt for God who knows how long now. I sure hope to God he didn't play 50% of the snaps. :mad:

Calcountry
12-28-2004, 05:12 PM
yeaaaaa .... riiiiiight

and if we wouldn't of won a few of these last meaningless games we wouldn't have to trade up.

but of course the draft doesn't matter(per Gaz) so i dont know why we are worried about it.
So we should have mailed in the games like the Eagles did on MNF?

:shake:

Chiefnj
12-28-2004, 05:45 PM
So we should have mailed in the games like the Eagles did on MNF?

:shake:

Yes, in the long run the Chiefs would have been much better if guys like Allen, Parker, Sapp, Mitchell, Johnson, Siavii and Sampson all sucked. The fact that some of these guys have played well, or shown flashes or shown some improvement destroys the Chiefs chances of drafting better players who would have all immediately come in in 2005 and started and propelled the Chiefs to the Super Bowl.

Digital Takawira
12-28-2004, 05:45 PM
yeaaaaa .... riiiiiight

if you consider beating the broncos and raiders meaningless then you can kindly eat a fat one. or not kindly. either way.

Logical
12-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Yes, in the long run the Chiefs would have been much better if guys like Allen, Parker, Sapp, Mitchell, Johnson, Siavii and Sampson all sucked. The fact that some of these guys have played well, or shown flashes or shown some improvement destroys the Chiefs chances of drafting better players who would have all immediately come in in 2005 and started and propelled the Chiefs to the Super Bowl.

Actually other than Allen on defense, all the young guys on defense have sucked. The fact we played teams that managed to suck even more does not change that.

the Talking Can
12-28-2004, 06:44 PM
we should get a 4th for Tait (maybe a 3rd??)....lots of options for manuevering...

Ralphy Boy
12-28-2004, 07:03 PM
they put Welborn on IR so he wouldn't get the specified number of snaps.

Then they should have done it sooner because he started 10 games. No way he didn't play 50% of the snaps in 10 games, I don't care if he was splitting time with Bober.

Granted if we could somehow figure out a way to control the time of possession to somewhere around 50 minutes in this Sunday's game...

whoman69
12-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Carl can't handle all those picks. He's going to trade half of them to move up 3 slots and take someone who should have been taken 2 rounds later.