PDA

View Full Version : The Life Aquatic

QuikSsurfer
12-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Wes Anderson has done it, again.

This movie is nothing short of spectacular! If you enjoyed The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore then you will fall in love with this one. From the cast, the visuals, and the typical Wes Anderson intelligent, dark humor... this movie sets itself apart from the rest this holiday season.

So go see it... if you wanna

badgirl
12-28-2004, 11:44 AM

This movie is nothing short of spectacular! If you enjoyed The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore then you will fall in love with this one. From the cast, the visuals, and the typical Wes Anderson intelligent, dark humor... this movie sets itself apart from the rest this holiday season.

I don't wanna :p

John_Wayne
12-28-2004, 12:55 PM

So go see it... if you wanna Yes, I do wanna. I've been looking forward to this one.

kc rush
12-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Loved Rushmore, enjoyed Bottle Rocket, couldn't get into Royal Tennenbaums (maybe my expectations were too high).

I'll give this one a shot though.

StcChief
12-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Wait for video in 6 months.

Ash
12-28-2004, 01:46 PM
I went to see it over the weekend I like all his movies and the life aquatic is agreat film, if you enjoy wes andersons style of movie making.

Deberg_1990
12-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Bill Murray is a GOD. Plain and simple. Admittedly, Wes Anderson films are NOT for everybody though.

John_Wayne
12-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Bill Murray is a GOD. Plain and simple. Admittedly, Wes Anderson films are NOT for everybody though. The old cliche' applies to Wes Anderson's films; "you'll either love it or hate it".

David.
12-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Bill Murray is great. I'm definitely checking this one out.

badgirl
12-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Did Wes Anderson do Nightmare on Elm Street, uh er.......was that Craven? :hmmm:

Baby Lee
12-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Loved Rushmore, enjoyed Bottle Rocket, couldn't get into Royal Tennenbaums (maybe my expectations were too high).

I'll give this one a shot though.
I loved, loved, LOVED the sparks between Hackman and Glover. When Hackman called him Coltraine. I think I peed a little. ROFL ROFL

badgirl
12-28-2004, 03:37 PM
I think I peed a little. ROFL ROFL
sicko :shake:

John_Wayne
12-28-2004, 03:41 PM
I loved, loved, LOVED the sparks between Hackman and Glover. When Hackman called him Coltraine. I think I peed a little. ROFL ROFL Yes, that was good. I also liked it when his best friend stabbed him. ROFL

QuikSsurfer
12-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Did Wes Anderson do Nightmare on Elm Street, uh er.......was that Craven? :hmmm:

You must excuse me!!! I should have told you before hand that this thread was for grownups... :(
Well it's too late for me to change it now.... ummmm
Did you like the Polar Express?? :)

Baby Lee
12-28-2004, 03:57 PM
You must excuse me!!! I should have told you before hand that this thread was for grownups... :(
Well it's too late for me to change it now.... ummmm
Did you like the Polar Express?? :)
She's just itching for a bath. Go ahead and negrep her.

QuikSsurfer
12-28-2004, 03:57 PM
I loved, loved, LOVED the sparks between Hackman and Glover. When Hackman called him Coltraine. I think I peed a little. ROFL ROFL

Yeah that kitchen scene is one that will never be forgotten... " You heard me coltraine" " What?? Did you just call me coltrain?" -- " No "....

Valiant
12-28-2004, 03:59 PM

If you just compared the movie to tenanbaums then i know i will hate it... i like dark humor, but tenenbaums is absolutly shit...

badgirl
12-28-2004, 03:59 PM
She's just itching for a bath. Go ahead and negrep her.
please don't I promise to be grownup. Ah what about those Grapes of Wrath :)

QuikSsurfer
12-28-2004, 04:01 PM
If you just compared the movie to tenanbaums then i know i will hate it... i like dark humor, but tenenbaums is absolutly shit...

Well you are entitled to your own opinion... But you just said that my favorite movie of all time is shit... it stings... it stings bad.

Rausch
12-28-2004, 04:10 PM

I loved Bottle Rocket, thought Royal Tennenbaums was ok, and hated Rushmore...didn't even finish it.

Yet TLA looks really good to me... :hmmm:

QuikSsurfer
12-28-2004, 04:11 PM
I loved Bottle Rocket, thought Royal Tennenbaums was ok, and hated Rushmore...didn't even finish it.

Yet TLA looks really good to me... :hmmm:

Just curious.. what did you not like about Rushmore?

Rausch
12-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Just curious.. what did you not like about Rushmore?

I didn't like anything about it. I didn't find it funny at all. The story didn't appeal to me, the main characters didn't appeal to me (I couldn't STAND the dark headed kid), and most of the jokes just didn't hit. I don't think it had the acting BR or TRT had...

John_Wayne
12-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Just curious.. what did you not like about Rushmore? I liked Royal Tenenbaums but I didn't like Rushmore.

Frazod
12-28-2004, 11:29 PM
I couldn't get through half an hour of Royal Tenenbaums. It was absolutely ghastly.

Can't imagine I'll rush out to see anything else this particular director has done.

the Talking Can
12-28-2004, 11:29 PM
TLA sounds like the Royal Tenenbaums at Sea but I'll definetly see it...Rushmore and The Royal Tenembaums are two great movies

2bikemike
12-28-2004, 11:34 PM
I couldn't get through half an hour of Royal Tenenbaums. It was absolutely ghastly.

Can't imagine I'll rush out to see anything else this particular director has done.

Same here. I didn't care for Murrays last movie either. So I won't be seeing Aquatic.