PDA

View Full Version : I am the Champion!!

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 10:13 AM
I don't like to brag but hey I am the Champion of Hoover's FFL league this year so why not. PBJ

This being my only 2nd year playing FFL I guess I have a better record than CP. Anyway it was great playing with everyone this year and I am looking forward to next year already.

Here is my roster and I really can't believe I won with some of these guys:

Culpepper, Daunte
Davis, Domanick
Brown, Chris - I dropped him for the championship game because he was hurt
Suggs, Lee
Evans, Lee
Porter, Jerry
Graham, Daniel
Reed, Jeff
Jaguars,
Carr, David QB
Clayton, Michael
Houshmandzadeh, T.J.
Williams, Roy
Jones, Freddie
Wilkins, Jeff

morphius
12-28-2004, 10:34 AM
I finished second in one of Hacks leagues, all my players thought they were the Raiders in a Superbowl and forgot to show up...

1st
Big Chief Homers
2nd
sTc Bugeaters
3rd
Reds

Phobia
12-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Congrats.

My team had Stephen Davis and a few other choice (IR) players. You're welcome.

Mile High Mania
12-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Congrats... there are 3 reasons to play Fantasy Football.

1 - Bragging Rights
2 - Cash
3 - Trophy

Yes, in that order... live it up, you never know when you'll get back.

Rain Man
12-28-2004, 10:42 AM
The Rangoon Crabs would've destroyed you if only we could have made it to the Super Bowl.

Iowanian
12-28-2004, 10:43 AM
I still can't believe the Savage Midgets ended up 1-13.

The team changed over the season(michael bennet in the 3rd killed me).
hassleback, Griese
Tomlinson, Dunn,ontario Smith, Chester Taylo
Andre Johnson, Robinson,Boldin, McCardell(had Jimmy Smith, traded for RB)
Franks(started with Crumpler but had to Trade for RB)
Longwell, Kaeding
Bears

Congrats...........Next year, the Savage Midgets will beat you all like you Stole

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Congrats.

My team had Stephen Davis and a few other choice (IR) players. You're welcome.

There is always next year. I got lucky and Steve Smith was the only player that I had to end up in IR.

Mile High Mania
12-28-2004, 10:52 AM

hassleback, Griese
Longwell, Kaeding
Bears

Damn .... depending on when you got those players, I am shocked you only had 1 freaking win.

I had a dramatic makeover in the league that I won this season.

My drafted team essentially looked like this:

QB - Brady / Pennington
RB - S Davis / D Foster / M Faulk / T Henry
WR - Holt / Coles / Burleson / Givens / Calico / D White

After 6 trades... and many FA pickups, my team transformed into:

QB - P Manning / J Delhomme
RB - C Martin / R Droughns / M Faulk / S Jackson / L Jordan
WR - M Muhammad / J Horn / D Mason / N Burleson / T Pinkston / D Clark

Vinitieri / Stover and Seattle defense were the same.

Timing was key on my trades, picked the right moments to unload guys. I also had the likes of Fred Taylor, M Pittman, M Clayton, K Colbert, Stallworth, A Brooks and several others on my team at one point or another.

I usually pulled 2 trades at once, with one dependent on the other. I was lucky to pick up players like Muhammad when he only had 3 TDs ... Horn was an early pick.

Martin was the #3 for a team that had Edge and Alexander, so I gave up Holt and Fred Taylor for Martin and some other player I traded in a combo deal for Horn and S Jackson.

It was sheer craziness, but the madness paid off.

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Congrats... there are 3 reasons to play Fantasy Football.

1 - Bragging Rights
2 - Cash
3 - Trophy

Yes, in that order... live it up, you never know when you'll get back.

I was surprised when I see that I get a certificate. WHOOHOO! Hey I am still in the running for the Grand Prize which is 2 tickets to the SB this year.

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 10:54 AM
No, I am the CHAMPION!!!

First season, first SuperBowl victory: 1-0

dirk digler
Damn .... depending on when you got those players, I am shocked you only had 1 freaking win.

I had a dramatic makeover in the league that I won this season.

My drafted team essentially looked like this:

QB - Brady / Pennington
RB - S Davis / D Foster / M Faulk / T Henry
WR - Holt / Coles / Burleson / Givens / Calico / D White

After 6 trades... and many FA pickups, my team transformed into:

QB - P Manning / J Delhomme
RB - C Martin / R Droughns / M Faulk / S Jackson / L Jordan
WR - M Muhammad / J Horn / D Mason / N Burleson / T Pinkston / D Clark

Vinitieri / Stover and Seattle defense were the same.

Timing was key on my trades, picked the right moments to unload guys. I also had the likes of Fred Taylor, M Pittman, M Clayton, K Colbert, Stallworth, A Brooks and several others on my team at one point or another.

I usually pulled 2 trades at once, with one dependent on the other. I was lucky to pick up players like Muhammad when he only had 3 TDs ... Horn was an early pick.

Martin was the #3 for a team that had Edge and Alexander, so I gave up Holt and Fred Taylor for Martin and some other player I traded in a combo deal for Horn and S Jackson.

It was sheer craziness, but the madness paid off.

Damn you did change your team alot. I didn't make any trades I just picked up some FA's that helped me along the way.

Oh by the way your site really helped me draft good players so I thank you for your invaluable service that you provide! You helped my win my first FFL SB! Thanks Mile High!

dirk digler
No, I am the CHAMPION!!!

Congrats! :thumb:

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Congrats! :thumb:
Back at ya - :toast:

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Back at ya - :toast:

My first year I sucked major ass and I really had no clue until about half way through the season. Great job KC Dan!

Rain Man
12-28-2004, 10:58 AM

hassleback, Griese
Longwell, Kaeding
Bears

Congrats...........Next year, the Savage Midgets will beat you all like you Stole

Who'd you beat? You ought to razz them mercilessly.

Rausch
No, I am the CHAMPION!!!

:shake:

I have become the Buffalo Bills of fantasy football: four straight superbowl defeats, then this year, first round choke to the worst team in my league. 1 and done.

After leading the league all year long... :Lin:

WarCry!
well, I had the best regular season record and only lost in the playoffs thanks to Peyton Manning's worse fantasy output of the year.....

Still, a WOMAN kicked everyone's butt during the regular season.....

KC Dan
12-28-2004, 10:59 AM
:shake:

I have become the Buffalo Bills of fantasy football: four straight superbowl defeats, then this year, first round choke to the worst team in my league. 1 and done.

After leading the league all year long... :Lin:
Sound like a donkey to me! :)

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 11:00 AM
The Rangoon Crabs would've destroyed you if only we could have made it to the Super Bowl.

I couldn't believe you lost only by 1 pt. Man that sucks.

Otter
12-28-2004, 11:03 AM
The team changed over the season

The Savage Midgets have become a bunch of self absorbed millionars. Driving around in their Porsches with the extended gas, brake and clutch pedals to make up for they're short little legs while sporting their bling bling.

They lost sight of the big picture.

Rain Man
12-28-2004, 11:03 AM
I couldn't believe you lost only by 1 pt. Man that sucks.

And did you hear how I lost? The Ravens took a field goal off the board for my kicker due to a penalty, and then scored a touchdown. My kicker thus scored one point instead of three, and I ended up losing by a point.

It wouldn't have mattered, though. Your team was a juggernaut in the Super Bowl (and in the regular season, for that matter).

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 11:06 AM
And did you hear how I lost? The Ravens took a field goal off the board for my kicker due to a penalty, and then scored a touchdown. My kicker thus scored one point instead of three, and I ended up losing by a point.

It wouldn't have mattered, though. Your team was a juggernaut in the Super Bowl (and in the regular season, for that matter).

I know I was watching the game and I was surprised Billick took the points off the board.

Thanks my last game was my best game of the year at 128 points.

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 11:09 AM
The Savage Midgets have become a bunch of self absorbed millionars. Driving around in their Porsches with the extended gas, brake and clutch pedals to make up for they're short little legs while sporting their bling bling.

They lost sight of the big picture.

Maybe it it is time to change coaches to instill more discipline. :p

Otter
12-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Maybe it it is time to change coaches to instill more discipline. :p

No, no. It's the GM at this point.

www.fireiowanian.com

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 11:13 AM

www.fireiowanian.com

I guess everything should start at the top. Fire his ass I say!

RedNFeisty
12-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Ah, cram it!! I lead my team this year to only get knocked out in the playoff's to a fourth ranked team (yeah, you know who you are!!) Hell, I don't even know if I won third place or got knocked down to fourth myself.

:cuss: :banghead:

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Ah, cram it!! I lead my team this year to only get knocked out in the playoff's to a fourth ranked team (yeah, you know who you are!!) Hell, I don't even know if I won third place or got knocked down to fourth myself.

:cuss: :banghead:

Are you talking about me? It is too bad Peyton was playing the Ravens last week or you might be the Champion. FFL is all about matchups and I got lucky what can I say.

I don't think they have 3rd or 4th place.

morphius
12-28-2004, 11:30 AM
well, I had the best regular season record and only lost in the playoffs thanks to Peyton Manning's worse fantasy output of the year.....

Still, a WOMAN kicked everyone's butt during the regular season.....
That happened in my league as well. RedNFeisty was the number one seed with only two losses and I knocked her out in the Semi-Finals game. She would have clobbered either of us in the championship game this week had she made it.

She had Peyton Manning as well.

Skip Towne
12-28-2004, 11:35 AM
I guess everything should start at the top. Fire his ass I say!
Yeah, Fire Ioweenien!!

Iowanian
12-28-2004, 12:01 PM

www.fireiowanian.com

Nice.

Bob Gretz just sprained his finger typing the article calling you and the people like you deranged, psychos from trailer dwelling conglomerations of low economic and social value.

After All.........GMowanian is only 3 years into a 5 year plan........of which netted 2 superbowl appearances last season, and a second place Yahoo Finish this season.

Hoover
12-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Nice Job.

For some reason I can never do well in my Planet League. I play in three, Won One, second in another, and my Planet CBS League.

My team was

Pennington/Bulger
Duce Staley/Edge
Randy Moss/Jimmy Smith
Crumpler
Akers
Jets

I drafted Owens and traded him after week one for Edge. For the first time in years I didn't draft rb back to back in early rounds.

What really killed me was Travis Henry my 3rd round pick.

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Nice Job.

For some reason I can never do well in my Planet League. I play in three, Won One, second in another, and my Planet CBS League.

My team was

Pennington/Bulger
Duce Staley/Edge
Randy Moss/Jimmy Smith
Crumpler
Akers
Jets

I drafted Owens and traded him after week one for Edge. For the first time in years I didn't draft rb back to back in early rounds.

What really killed me was Travis Henry my 3rd round pick.

Hoover:

Thanks Hoover for sponsoring the league this year. :thumb: You were a great commish and I can't wait to play next year.

I just played in 2 this year and the other league I won my division but lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. It was an ESPN league, I really don't like the ESPN's league anymore especially after playing in the Planet League.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2004, 01:25 PM
the king of 3rd place here....

Overview: KcChiefsChat.com

1st
Oinkerz

2nd
Va Raiders

3rd
Laz's Lefties

Overview: Wannabe Footballers
1st
Public Fornicaters

2nd
UTChief

3rd
Laz's Lefties

what does it mean when you lead the league in scoring but still come in 3rd place? :spock:

melbar
12-28-2004, 01:39 PM
I am also the champion!!!
I'm in my 2nd year and I had 2 teams both in the Championship game. My Voodoo Childs team would have won if Mcnabb had actually played last night! Last year I was also in the Championship with a team of all replacements for my IR squad.
My championship team this year looked like this:
Trent Green
Chad Pennington
L.T.
Jamal Lewis
Larry JOhnson (saved my -ss)
Rudy Johnson
Hines Ward
Andre Johnsn
Eddie Kennison
Tony G.
Jeff Wilkins
Patriots D.
Bears D.
I really played the homer card towards the end and it worked out great!

Hoover
12-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Hoover:

Thanks Hoover for sponsoring the league this year. :thumb: You were a great commish and I can't wait to play next year.

I just played in 2 this year and the other league I won my division but lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. It was an ESPN league, I really don't like the ESPN's league anymore especially after playing in the Planet League.
I will do it againg next year.

I had a good time. I prefer the CBS leages les BS to deal with when people pay to play.

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 01:59 PM
I will do it againg next year.

I had a good time. I prefer the CBS leages les BS to deal with when people pay to play.

Cool. Let me know and I would like to play in your CBS league next year.

Hoover
12-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Sweet, I'm going to make a list of all the teams and players and invite them again next year.

dirk digler
12-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Sweet, I'm going to make a list of all the teams and players and invite them again next year.

Thanks Hoover you're the best! :thumb:

Mile High Mania
12-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Damn you did change your team alot. I didn't make any trades I just picked up some FA's that helped me along the way.

Oh by the way your site really helped me draft good players so I thank you for your invaluable service that you provide! You helped my win my first FFL SB! Thanks Mile High!

Cool! Thanks for the feedback... I think there was a founder or two of the site that wished they had listened to some of their own advice.

I got lucky with my trades though. One of my weaknesses is that I am a trade happy mother when it comes to managing my teams. I'm always wanting to mess with my rosters. This season, nothing blew up in my face and my timing was perfect! It rarely happens like that...