PDA

View Full Version : We can jump from 18th to 13th in the draft...

CanadaKC
12-28-2004, 01:59 PM
If the Texans, Panthers, Rams, Saints, and Bengals win...and we...ummm...lose. STFU

John_Wayne
12-28-2004, 02:04 PM
If the Texans, Panthers, Rams, Saints, and Bengals win...and we...ummm...lose. STFU We play San Diego. I hope we win, but their is a good posibility that we'll lose. Unless SD doesn't play their starters. Who do the other teams play. Yes, I'm too lazy to look them up.

jiveturkey
12-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Is 18th the worst case scenario?

whoman69
12-28-2004, 02:06 PM
I never root for us to lose, but they are simply a better team this year as evidenced by them beating us in our house. I expect we will probably draft around 15th if we do.

HolmeZz
12-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Panthers and Saints play one another.

chileanbolt
12-28-2004, 02:09 PM
what is ur guys' record because we get the giants pick and i think it might be near the top ten, their record is like 5-10

go bowe
12-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Panthers and Saints play one another.that just shows how bad our chances of getting a moderately decent pick really are... :( :( :(

CanadaKC
12-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Houston should beat Cleveland at home....Cincinnati plays Philly...but could win cause the Eagles won't play starters and the Bengals have a potential wildcard spot on the line. The Rams host the Jets in a must win game for both clubs...but it's in St. Louis. And the Saints play the Panthers...which now means we can draft no higher than 14th. :banghead:

HolmeZz
12-28-2004, 02:11 PM
what is ur guys' record because we get the giants pick and i think it might be near the top ten, their record is like 5-10

You've got the 9th pick. :p

go bowe
12-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Houston should beat Cleveland at home....Cincinnati plays Philly...but could win cause the Eagles won't play starters and the Bengals have a potential wildcard spot on the line. The Rams host the Jets in a must win game for both clubs...but it's in St. Louis. And the Saints play the Panthers...which now means we can draft no higher than 14th. :banghead:14th, eh?

figures... :(

CanadaKC
12-28-2004, 02:13 PM
we may draft 2nd or 3rd overall when we trade Larry Johnson and our 14th pick to Miami.... :rolleyes:

Demonpenz
12-28-2004, 02:14 PM
no need to loose now, our draft picks are all messed up

chileanbolt
12-28-2004, 02:16 PM
wow i didnt ever think we would get like a 9th especially how the giants started...playoffs and the 9th pick im liking that :)

mcan
12-28-2004, 02:24 PM
If Larry Johnson UNPROVEN is worth a first round draft pick, then I'm sure he's gotta be a top ten pick by himself PROVEN... If we need to throw in a third rounder to get that second overall pick then I say go ahead and do it... Priest can still play for a couple years, and we can find another running back... Believe me...

jiveturkey
12-28-2004, 02:35 PM
If Larry Johnson UNPROVEN is worth a first round draft pick, then I'm sure he's gotta be a top ten pick by himself PROVEN... If we need to throw in a third rounder to get that second overall pick then I say go ahead and do it... Priest can still play for a couple years, and we can find another running back... Believe me...Corey Dillion is only worth a 2nd pick.

unlurking
12-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Man, the Bolts made out like bandits on that Manning / Rivers thing.

Wouldn't it be humorous if they tagged Brees and then traded him for a first or just traded Rivers for a first?

Man, SD winning the division and then getting 2 or 3 first rounders is just frustrating after this season.

:(

beavis
12-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Corey Dillion is only worth a 2nd pick.
Exactly. It's a stretch to say LJ would be worth that.

beavis
12-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Man, the Bolts made out like bandits on that Manning / Rivers thing.
Remember all the draft gurus on ESPN saying how they got taken on that deal the day it happened? The only way it could have worked out better for them is if they had gotten something other than a QB, seeing how Brees has worked out.

Eli throwing his little crybaby routine sure worked out well for him.

KevB
12-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Houston should beat Cleveland at home....Cincinnati plays Philly...but could win cause the Eagles won't play starters and the Bengals have a potential wildcard spot on the line. The Rams host the Jets in a must win game for both clubs...but it's in St. Louis. And the Saints play the Panthers...which now means we can draft no higher than 14th. :banghead:

14th might be high enough to get LB Ahmad Brooks....

chileanbolt
12-28-2004, 02:45 PM
unlurking: we are keeping both after this year, the mess is after next

year, thats when we have to decide between the two, so just two first

rounders this year, and probably two next year for either of the two.

We did make out good but damn were we pissed before the beginning of

the season especially when teh Giants did well at the beginnging. But

as us Charger fans are saying now karma is a bitch ;)

jiveturkey
12-28-2004, 02:46 PM
14th might be high enough to get LB Ahmad Brooks....I doubt that he comes out.

Baby Lee
12-28-2004, 02:48 PM
no need to loose now, our draft picks are all messed up
DP. Re: your sigline. I'll never support Rico for QB, because he ruins everyone's lives and eats all their steak.

ROFL ROFL

Ghostof
12-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Who cares about the 2005 draft, I'd be planning for the 2006 draft instead.

The Chiefs will keep all the same personnel from this year because "the defense started playing better at the end, we won 4 maybe 5 straight to finish the season, nothing wrong with the defense" and we will have a repeat performance of this year....then Vermeil will retire, Holmes will retire, Roaf will retire, the offense will fall apart and the defense will once again be in the top 10 while the offense is last in the league.

Its a big cycle and that cycle is on the verge of switching again.

unlurking
12-28-2004, 02:56 PM
unlurking: we are keeping both after this year, the mess is after next year, thats when we have to decide between the two, so just two first rounders this year, and probably two next year for either of the two. We did make out good but damn were we pissed before the beginning of the season especially when teh Giants did well at the beginnging. But as us Charger fans are saying now karma is a bitch ;)

I heard the rumors going back and forth regarding who was going to stay and what the Bolts could afford. If they can afford to keep 'em both for one more year, I think they are in a great position to groon their QBotF. Very enviable position it seems. And two first rounders to boot.

Might even be able to get someone for Brees after next season is over (although not likely as high a pick as you could now).

Looks like if done properly, the Bolts could set themselves up to be a powerhouse for several upcoming years.

Cochise
12-28-2004, 02:58 PM
This thread is a great example of all the football "genious" around chiefsplanet. Everyone has wanted us to tank the season since week 4. But all those people would tell you that it doesn't matter what pick we get we're going to waste it anyway. "Trade LJ" shows up in every thread, even though we have an aging running back who ended the season on IR and another carving out a place in the Chiefs' future who currently looks like Carl's best first round pick since Tony Gonzalez. When we score 35 points and lose people bitch about the offensive play calling costing us the game, rather than the defense that got 7 touchdowns hung on them and gives up 5 yards a snap or more, and half the board wants the head of the only coach we've had since Stram who knows anything about success in the playoffs, and the GM who pulled the team out of the NFL gutter and turned them into the winningest team in the last decade is the reason why the team is mediocre. I mean, all we had to do was sign every free agent out there and we'd win eleventy billion super bowls in a row, right?

Baby Lee
12-28-2004, 03:03 PM
half the board wants the head of the only coach we've had since Stram who knows anything about success in the playoffs
Yeah, Marv Levy knew nothing about success in the playoffs.

chileanbolt
12-28-2004, 03:06 PM
unlurking: being 21mil under the cap before the tv revenue kicks in gives us more than plenty to afford him, the only question that people had was how long this guy could keep up these numbers.

we will tag him to see if he is not a one hit wonder and keep rivers learning the system.

The future does look bright but as you said if everything works out. I have no idea why you guys want to trade LJ when its obvious that holmes just can't go a whole year and he's aging. Thats your future back right there

Cochise
12-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Yeah, Marv Levy knew nothing about success in the playoffs.

The Chiefs never played in a playoff game with Marv Levy as HC.

Neither had anyone else at the time, unless you count the Montreal Alouettes.

Baby Lee
12-28-2004, 03:10 PM
The Chiefs never played in a playoff game with Marv Levy as HC.
Oh, I thought that, since you mentioned the word 'success' in reference to DV, we were talking about coaching teams OTHER than the Chiefs.

Cochise
12-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Oh, I thought that, since you mentioned the word 'success' in reference to DV, we were talking about coaching teams OTHER than the Chiefs.

It was his first head coaching job, you can't really say that when he was here he was some kind of seasoned veteran of the NFL playoffs who had for example taken two different teams to super bowls.

Baby Lee
12-28-2004, 03:13 PM
When we score 35 points and lose people bitch about the offensive play calling costing us the game, rather than the defense that got 7 touchdowns hung on them and gives up 5 yards a snap or more.
Obviously, you've missed out on the 'Life Goes On' analogy. The O is capable of playing the NFL. The D is not even capable of maintaining diaper integrity. After a while, it gets tiring to blame everything on the drooling retard in the corner. It's a given, overcome it.

Baby Lee
12-28-2004, 03:14 PM
It was his first head coaching job, you can't really say that when he was here he was some kind of seasoned veteran of the NFL playoffs who had for example taken two different teams to super bowls.
But as it turns out, he did know a thing or two about playoff success, no?

I mean, we're all of the 'either you have it or you don't' school, right?

unlurking
12-28-2004, 03:18 PM
unlurking: being 21mil under the cap before the tv revenue kicks in gives us more than plenty to afford him, the only question that people had was how long this guy could keep up these numbers.

we will tag him to see if he is not a one hit wonder and keep rivers learning the system.

The future does look bright but as you said if everything works out. I have no idea why you guys want to trade LJ when its obvious that holmes just can't go a whole year and he's aging. Thats your future back right there
I don't want to trade LJ at all. People are just in a panic around here because the offense is getting older and there is a percieved window of opportunity. I pretty much agree with the "must win now" feeling, but not by trading away our RBotF.

Sure-Oz
12-28-2004, 03:19 PM
So who will be available that can make an impact at 14-18?? It kinda sucks we won but it gives me hope for next year too!

Cochise
12-28-2004, 03:25 PM
But as it turns out, he did know a thing or two about playoff success, no?

I mean, we're all of the 'either you have it or you don't' school, right?

I wouldn't say so. I don't believe that a first year coach in the NFL generally would know anywhere close to as much about being a coach as they do in their 5th year or beyond.

I'm sure a first year coach has lead their team to the super bowl before but I'm sure that many more are won by people like belichick who have been coaching around the league for 30 years.

Baby Lee
12-28-2004, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't say so. I don't believe that a first year coach in the NFL generally would know anywhere close to as much about being a coach as they do in their 5th year or beyond.

I'm sure a first year coach has lead their team to the super bowl before but I'm sure that many more are won by people like belichick who have been coaching around the league for 30 years.
It took him a while to get to the playoffs, but he won his first playoff game to put him in the AFC Championship game. He has a lifetime 11-6 record in the playoffs. We might not have known it when we fired him, but he knew something about the playoff success.

Cochise
12-28-2004, 03:50 PM
It took him a while to get to the playoffs, but he won his first playoff game to put him in the AFC Championship game. He has a lifetime 11-6 record in the playoffs. We might not have known it when we fired him, but he knew something about the playoff success.

Well, I have a hard time saying someone knows all about playoff success when they have never been to the playoffs, as he hadn't when he was here, but we can agree to disagree :hmmm:

Baby Lee
12-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Well, I have a hard time saying someone knows all about playoff success when they have never been to the playoffs, as he hadn't when he was here, but we can agree to disagree :hmmm:
Just pointing out that we let Levy go before we got a chance to see how he would eventually shine in the playoffs. Now we're holding onto a guy with dusty memories of a couple of successful playoff campaigns, when all he's done for us has kept us WAY out of the playoffs for 3 of his 4 years here, and in the other year helmed us to the most blatantly foreseeable, inevitable, unavoidable playoff butt whipping ever.

Cochise
12-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Just pointing out that we let Levy go before we got a chance to see how he would eventually shine in the playoffs. Now we're holding onto a guy with dusty memories of a couple of successful playoff campaigns, when all he's done for us has kept us WAY out of the playoffs for 3 of his 4 years here, and in the other year helmed us to the most blatantly foreseeable, inevitable, unavoidable playoff butt whipping ever.

I am wondering if we will employ the same logic around here regarding Marty if he were to get to the super bowl. What if he took San Diego this year, for the sake of argument? Would we have also released someone who we didn't give enough time to get it done, and who really does know a lot about playoff success?

beavis
12-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Just pointing out that we let Levy go before we got a chance to see how he would eventually shine in the playoffs.
I read a quote from Levy's new book, can't remember where, but he basically said Steadman was an idiot that had no clue about drafting football players, but overruled him everytime. Then they went on to tell the obligatory story about how we passed up Joe Montana for some piece of shit. Come to think of it, I think this was in Flanagan's column a couple of days ago.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2004, 04:19 PM
If the Texans, Panthers, Rams, Saints, and Bengals win...and we...ummm...lose. STFU

a little freakin late to be worried about draft position now

Brock
12-28-2004, 07:48 PM

What was his record in the playoffs in KC again? I mean, since we're talking about Chiefs tenure only, right?

unlurking
12-28-2004, 07:59 PM
What was his record in the playoffs in KC again? I mean, since we're talking about Chiefs tenure only, right?
Post 29

Since you may have missed how the discussion progressed.

;)

Logical
12-28-2004, 09:46 PM
I am wondering if we will employ the same logic around here regarding Marty if he were to get to the super bowl. What if he took San Diego this year, for the sake of argument? Would we have also released someone who we didn't give enough time to get it done, and who really does know a lot about playoff success?5-11 that is all we need to know. Failed in Cleveland, failed in KC, failed in DC, if by fluke he makes it in San Diego it changes nothing.

Deberg_1990
12-28-2004, 09:49 PM
5-11 that is all we need to know. Failed in Cleveland, failed in KC, failed in DC, if by fluke he makes it in San Diego it changes nothing.

To be fair, he was really never given much of a chance in DC. He was just starting to turn that team around and Dan Snyder canned him because he was lusting after Spurrier so bad.

FRCDFED
12-28-2004, 10:00 PM
People need to put the "trade LJ" crap on the bench! He is clearly our RBOTF. Priest hasn't finished a season in a couple of years. His days are numbered. I give him one more season at best. Priest scores a lot of TD's in this system but let's face it........so has LJ in the last few games. He is the real deal and everyone needs to recognize that!

To trade a first round pick who looks like he will live up to his first round pick as a package to move up in the draft in round one is just plain ignorant. Stay where we are on the draft board no matter where it is and take the best player available. We need offense and defense! There are very few impact defensive players that are taken in round 1. Round one is normally where you can find a playmaker for the offense like a tall rangy young receiver. Both of our WR are in their 30's. Our best young WR is coming off of IR.

Since we are drafting in the top half of round 1 we should look offense. Defense or best available player in round 2. Sign at least one LB and one CB off the FA wire and live with what we have.

2bikemike
12-28-2004, 10:03 PM
To be fair, he was really never given much of a chance in DC. He was just starting to turn that team around and Dan Snyder canned him because he was lusting after Spurrier so bad.

Yeah that worked out real well for him.

Logical
12-28-2004, 10:05 PM
People need to put the "trade LJ" crap on the bench! He is clearly our RBOTF. Priest hasn't finished a season in a couple of years. His days are numbered. I give him one more season at best. Priest scores a lot of TD's in this system but let's face it........so has LJ in the last few games. He is the real deal and everyone needs to recognize that!....
You are wrong about Priest, he played all 17 games (including the playoff game) in 2003, and did not miss any time at all due to injury. I am not commenting on the LJ statement, just your mistatement about Priest.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1645

2bikemike
12-28-2004, 10:10 PM
You are wrong about Priest, he played all 17 games in 2003, and did not miss any time at all due to injury. I am not commenting on the LJ statement, just your mistatement about Priest.

I was going to bust him on that as well. I just wanted to confirm he played all 17 games.

FRCDFED
12-28-2004, 10:10 PM
You are wrong about Priest, he played all 17 games (including the playoff game) in 2003, and did not miss any time at all due to injury. I am not commenting on the LJ statement, just your mistatement about Priest.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1645My bad! :p At least I got you to concur on my LJ statement :p

Deberg_1990
12-28-2004, 10:12 PM
One good thing that LJ seems to have inherited from Priest. He looks to have a nose for the goaline. Always a good thing.

FRCDFED
12-28-2004, 10:13 PM
I hereby retract my previous statement about Priest and change it to reflect "he has missed 10 games in three seasons! :p

WebGem
12-28-2004, 11:54 PM
7-8

Some Chargers fan you are.