PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Reeve question...

Jenny Gump
12-28-2004, 07:15 PM
If I were to get my hands on some of Christopher Reeve's DNA, and clone him, would that mean since the DNA is identical, then the personalities would be the same? And would that mean that this clone would have an affinity or desire to learn to ride horses? So if the answer is yes, does this mean the clone would be predisposed to having a head injury? Should my Christopher Clone be kept away from horses?

Skip Towne
12-28-2004, 07:22 PM
If I were to get my hands on some of Christopher Reeve's DNA, and clone him, would that mean since the DNA is identical, then the personalities would be the same? And would that mean that this clone would have an affinity or desire to learn to ride horses? So if the answer is yes, does this mean the clone would be predisposed to having a head injury? Should my Christopher Clone be kept away from horses?
You ask a lot of stupid questions for a medical professional. The answers are No, No, No and No. Haven't you heard of the nature versus nurture argument?

go bowe
12-28-2004, 07:24 PM
If I were to get my hands on some of Christopher Reeve's DNA, and clone him, would that mean since the DNA is identical, then the personalities would be the same? And would that mean that this clone would have an affinity or desire to learn to ride horses? So if the answer is yes, does this mean the clone would be predisposed to having a head injury? Should my Christopher Clone be kept away from horses?jenny my dear, you have way too much time on your hands... ;)

BroWhippendiddle
12-28-2004, 07:25 PM
You ask a lot of stupid questions for a medical professional. The answers are No, No, No and No. Haven't you heard of the nature versus nurture argument?

Aw, come on Skip, can't you see she is just cloning around?

unlurking
12-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Not if you put a saddle on your back.

;)

Phobia
12-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Is the DNA pre-fall or post-fall.

This is critical information.

ck_IN
12-28-2004, 07:29 PM
For some odd reason I have a feeling there would be riding involved with you and your Reeve clone but that no horses would be present.

kansas hawk
12-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Uhhh do you have a clone of him? If so congrats. But no, if you would clone him there personalities would not be the same. They will look a like which i think would be good enough for you and may have the same tastes in hobbies but thats it.

Rain Man
12-28-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm afraid that you can't clone Christopher Reeve. Darwinism took him out of the gene pool.

Skip Towne
12-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Is the DNA pre-fall or post-fall.

This is critical information.
Of course only you and me were smart enough to realize a cat scan would be needed to determine how many chromosomes were broken during the fall. :thumb:

Phobia
12-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Of course only you and me were smart enough to realize a cat scan would be needed to determine how many chromosomes were broken during the fall. :thumb:

Actually, knowing JennyG's method for extraction of DNA, I already knew the answer to that question....

el borracho
12-28-2004, 08:08 PM
!

digi2fish
12-28-2004, 08:22 PM
You won't get either Superman or Clark Kent.

Valiant
12-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Uhhh do you have a clone of him? If so congrats. But no, if you would clone him there personalities would not be the same. They will look a like which i think would be good enough for you and may have the same tastes in hobbies but thats it.

I dont think they would even look alike.. something about when the cell split.. If you cloned the cells like say a carrot.. the carrot would genetically be the same but it could be bigger, smaller not as orange...

Something about this on tv a few years ago, do not remember the term though...

Demonpenz
12-29-2004, 12:44 AM
it's a bad world we live in these days, slim put down christopher reeves legs!

warpaint99
12-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Jennygrump . I want you paralyzed . Don't post here again.

KCWolfman
12-29-2004, 05:28 AM
If you chop up plane worms and feed them to other plane worms, they get their memories.

papasmurf
12-29-2004, 05:38 AM
For some odd reason I have a feeling there would be riding involved with you and your Reeve clone but that no horses would be present.

But it woould still be dangerous!:p

Otter
12-29-2004, 06:01 AM
I think the real question here is can sceince make a half horse, half man with a predisposition to tame humans.

Rain Man
12-29-2004, 08:29 AM
If you chop up plane worms and feed them to other plane worms, they get their memories.

The same thing happens to me when I eat chicken.

Skip Towne
12-29-2004, 08:36 AM
The same thing happens to me when I eat chicken.
That explains a lot.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-29-2004, 08:42 AM

then if the orignal did not know you existed why should the clone care

~screw Christopher Reeve...what...uhh

Iowanian
12-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Not being prone to be a wiseguy like these other Jokers I think I have an answer, based off of what I believe AND what a company spokesperson/scientist for some corp that is cloning Cats for $50K each...

A clone would be basically, a later born, identical(close to at least) twin, born at a later date. Anyone who knows twins knows that they look alike, may have some of the same mannerisms, but don't always have the same personality.

A clone of a clone might be more interesting.......
Like the movie "Multiplicity" which covers this topic shows, like a photocopy of a photocopy...it smudges a little worse eith each copy of copy of copy vs the original.

the third copy is a drooler that only says "I nlike Pizza, steve"

OldTownChief
12-29-2004, 09:30 AM
But it woould still be dangerous!:p

Yes...It could be, depending on the intensity of Jenny's bucking. :hump:

badgirl
12-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Well after Stumppys post, I am sure no one is going to care what I beleive, but here it goes, I feel he would have the want to learn to ride horses, but decisions he makes in his new life would be different than the exact one made by the DNA doner, therefore he could get killed in a car wreck or die of natural causes, I don't think it would necessarly mean he would get a head or neck injury :hmmm:

Jenny Gump
12-29-2004, 11:06 AM
I was surprised to see this thread weak, yet still alive. You have further strengthened my belief that some of you will post an answer to anything.

Long live Superman.

badgirl
12-29-2004, 11:08 AM
I was surprised to see this thread weak, yet still alive. You have further strengthened my belief that some of you will post an answer to anything.

Long live Superman.
of course we will, you rack em up, we'll knock em down :)

Calcountry
12-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Clone, horses, Superman, hmmmmmmm is there something subliminal there that you are wanting Jenny?

If so, let me know.

gblowfish
12-29-2004, 03:45 PM
This is one of the incredibly tasteless T-Shirt designs available on the web. Not too far fetched, considering the Elvis Backwash EBay thread from yesterday:

Bowser
12-29-2004, 05:06 PM

So, Jenny, just how stoned were you when you typed that?

Digital Takawira
12-30-2004, 12:35 AM
I think the real question here is can sceince make a half horse, half man with a predisposition to tame humans.

Boss: What if you saw a horse, but it was standing so that its head was in a barn, or something. Would you, maybe, be attracted to that horse's rear end?

Centaur: Uh.. I don't.. where is the head, exactly?

Boss: It's in the barn.. or behind a door, or a vase, or something.. so you can't see it.

Centaur: Uh.. I might be attracted to it - briefly.

Boss: Okay. So, let's say, hypothetically, that you could have sex with the back end.. and it's guranteed to be the greatest sex you ever had.. but you'd never know if it was a horse or a Centaur?

Centaur: Hmm.. you know, that's pretty intriguing.. uh.. if I'd really never know, I guess I would.

Boss: It was a horse.

yunghungwell
12-30-2004, 08:01 AM

Well after Stumppys post, I am sure no one is going to care what I beleive, but here it goes, I feel he would have the want to learn to ride horses, but decisions he makes in his new life would be different than the exact one made by the DNA doner, therefore he could get killed in a car wreck or die of natural causes, I don't think it would necessarly mean he would get a head or neck injury

To the both of you for your collaborative efforts in genetics...The Nobel Prize.

Your check for $1 million is in the mail.

badgirl
12-30-2004, 10:57 AM
To the both of you for your collaborative efforts in genetics...The Nobel Prize.

Your check for $1 million is in the mail.
PBJ