PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Finest Hour

Lzen
12-30-2004, 10:39 AM
I just got this game for Christmas. What an awesome game. Does anyone else here play this on the PS2? Maybe we could hook up online for some wargames.

Also, any technical advice would be good. I get the unable to connect to the host or unable to connect to a player a lot. I have my PS2 set to my router's DMZ so, I wouldn't think that would be a problem. Is there a particular port I need to open? Keep in mind that I'm still fairly new at all this.

Saulbadguy
12-30-2004, 11:09 AM
I don't play FPS's on the PS2...it just doesn't feel "right". I'm too used to the mouse and keyboard. :(

If you are DMZ'ed, you shouldn't have a problem. Maybe its the other guy?

Lzen
12-30-2004, 12:07 PM
If you are DMZ'ed, you shouldn't have a problem. Maybe its the other guy?

I thought maybe that was it. But I seem to get about 5 couldn't connect messages before I finally find a game that I can connect to. /shrug

Lzen
12-30-2004, 12:09 PM
One other thing that may or may not have something to do with it. I don't have a headset. Or rather I should say "didn't" have a headset. I just went over and bought one at Walmart on my lunch. :) But I'm not sure if playing without a headset would make any difference on connection. What do you think?

Saulbadguy
12-30-2004, 12:09 PM
One other thing that may or may not have something to do with it. I don't have a headset. Or rather I should say "didn't" have a headset. I just went over and bought one at Walmart on my lunch. :) But I'm not sure if playing without a headset would make any difference on connection. What do you think?
Should have absolutely nothing to do with it. I think.

Lzen
12-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Ok, I think I've narrowed it down to a router issue. I redid my DMZ and it still has problems connecting. From everything that I've read about routers and hooking up a PS2 to a LAn, I'm gonna assume it has something to do with the NAT. I hooked up my PS2 directly to the modem. Unplugged the modem for a minute to reset it. When I was hooked up directly(PS2 to modem), I hardly had any troubles at all.

The main problem when I'm going through the router is when I try to host a game. Also, I can't connect to the game host about 3 out of 4 tries. And sometimes it'll even say unable to connect to one of the players in the game. The game allows up to 16 players in one particular battle scenario.

My router is a D-Link DI 604. I have the last firmware for it that was released in August 2003. Version 2.20. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Lzen
01-01-2005, 08:39 AM
One other problem I forgot to mention earlier. I would get booted quite often. It would just say something like system disconnected. I couldn't even get in a game and play for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Update on my problems: I think I found a solution. I went back to the older firmware, version 2.18. Seems to be much better, like when I hooked up directly to the modem. So, anyone wanna play? :)