PDA

View Full Version : TK's home repair

stumppy
01-03-2005, 05:04 PM
It seems TK was having some trouble with her TV reception. Skip was kind enough to volunteer to take a look at it. Me and Badgirl stopped by to see how things were going.
After much searching, wire testing, dish pointing, connection testing, Skip narrowed it down to a repair TK had made herself after accidentally cutting the line with a weed eater.
See attached photo.
ROFL:D:p

Eleazar
01-03-2005, 05:05 PM
No photos in the first post.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Skip was kind enough
ROFL ROFL

Please................... ROFL .................stop........................ ROFL ...
..........................................you're killing me..................................

ROFL

stumppy
01-03-2005, 05:08 PM
One more try

stumppy
01-03-2005, 05:09 PM
ROFL ROFL

Please................... ROFL .................stop........................ ROFL ...
..........................................you're killing me..................................

ROFL

Now thats funny.

tommykat
01-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Not the weed eater,:banghead: It was the electric clippers.:harumph:

It only took Skip 4 hours, seems his equipment just wouldn't work...:D

Bowser
01-03-2005, 05:12 PM
:LOL:

Eleazar
01-03-2005, 05:14 PM

I dont know much about televisions and their related accessories, but I generally avoid using the electric clippers on electronic equipment.

stumppy
01-03-2005, 05:14 PM

I here you're supposed to call a Doctor if it lsats more than 3 hours.:D

tommykat
01-03-2005, 05:15 PM
I here you're supposed to call a Doctor if it lsats more than 3 hours.:D

:shake::p heehee

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 05:41 PM

HEY!!! My equipment WORKS!!! I just tested it this morning. Now I did have a little problem with one of my meters.

tommykat
01-03-2005, 05:42 PM
HEY!!! My equipment WORKS!!! I just tested it this morning. Now I did have a little problem with one of my meters.

:hmmm: I really thought your equipment worked without you having to help it...ROFL

stumppy
01-03-2005, 05:43 PM
HEY!!! My equipment WORKS!!! I just tested it this morning.

No details, no details.

:p:D

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 06:23 PM
ROFL ROFL

ROFL
Hey, I'm kind.....and generous too. Didn't you notice all that rep I sent you the other day.

Iowanian
01-03-2005, 06:47 PM
A weed Eater?

Thats one Freak Internet-people gangbang. sickos.

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 06:53 PM
A weed Eater?

Thats one Freak Internet-people gangbang. sickos.
It wasn't me it was Tommykat. She wouldn't let me work......she kept wanting to "test my equipment".

tommykat
01-03-2005, 06:55 PM
It wasn't me it was Tommykat. She wouldn't let me work......she kept wanting to "test my equipment".

:hmmm: Didn't have to you said you just tested your equipment this morning. Sad sad sad....ROFL

Jenson71
01-03-2005, 07:01 PM
For the people who have met Tommykat:

Does she talk like a regular human being outside of the internet?

stumppy
01-03-2005, 07:09 PM

Yes, actually she has 4 Doctorate degrees and is president of the midwest MENSA chapter.
:D

Iowanian
01-03-2005, 07:11 PM
If the fargin Search function was working (get it back online, dammit) I'd dig up the "home repair" thread.....

I have a serious question.

WATER HEATERS.
I have a waterheater that is 4-5 years old. In the morning, the first one to shower only has lukewarm water.....but its fine after a little time for the 2nd, and the rest of the day.

Is it going bad? Anything I can do like drain the tank or something?

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 07:12 PM

Seriously, you can't tell her from a normal human in person. No decoder ring needed. The only problem I have is looking her in the eye. My gaze keeps dropping down about a foot.

stumppy
01-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Seriously, you can't tell her from a normal human in person. No decoder ring needed. The only problem I have is looking her in the eye. My gaze keeps dropping down about a foot.

UH......don't you have that problem with all women ?:D

ExtremeChief
01-03-2005, 07:18 PM
If the fargin Search function was working (get it back online, dammit) I'd dig up the "home repair" thread.....

WATER HEATERS.
I have a waterheater that is 4-5 years old. In the morning, the first one to shower only has lukewarm water.....but its fine after a little time for the 2nd, and the rest of the day.

that makes
absolutely
no sense.

glad to help

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 07:22 PM

WATER HEATERS.

On the incoming cold water, there is a long PVC pipe inside the tank that takes the cold water to the bottom of the tank which makes the hot water rise to the top. If this pipe has become dislodged or has holes in it, the cold water will be put into the top of the tank and it will come out unheated. But it would seem the stirring action of the cold water being added would make the water hotter as you used it the second time and afterward. Just an idea.

Iowanian
01-03-2005, 07:23 PM
makes no sense to me either.....but I don't know much about them.

I wonder if its like a heating element, or thermocoupler going out....or something.

I'm hoping for an easy fix.

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 07:27 PM
UH......don't you have that problem with all women ?:D
Now that you mention it, I did have the same problem with Badgirl today.

stumppy
01-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Just a guess but maybe the thermostat is on the fritz. As the water gradually cools it doesn't kick in the heat but a sudden influx of cold water might "kick" it into action ?????

stumppy
01-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Now that you mention it, I did have the same problem with Badgirl today.

I'm startin to see a pattern here.ROFL

jollymon
01-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Uh oh

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 07:38 PM
makes no sense to me either.....but I don't know much about them.

I wonder if its like a heating element, or thermocoupler going out....or something.

I'm hoping for an easy fix.
WATER HEATER 101: Your water heater will have either a thermocouple or a heating element but not both. Thermocouples are the device that keeps the pilot light lit on a gas water heater. When it goes out you get NO hot water. A heating element is found on an electric water heater (near the bottom of the tank). When it goes out you get NO hot water. It almost has to be that pvc pipe that takes the cold water to the bottom of the tank which forces the hot water out first. I know of no way to fix that since you can't get at it since it is inside the tank.

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Just a guess but maybe the thermostat is on the fritz. As the water gradually cools it doesn't kick in the heat but a sudden influx of cold water might "kick" it into action ?????
That's a possibility I hadn't considered. If it is that then you would get lukewarm water at first followed very quickly by cold water. Then an hour later you would get hot water. It would take the heater that long to heat up a tank of entirely cold water. I think it's the cold water tube.

badgirl
01-03-2005, 07:51 PM
If the water heater has an upper and lower element, it could be that the upper element has burned out or corroded with lime or something so the upper part of the water is cooler than the lower half, I actually changed both my elements and about a week later changed the thermostat by myself, I might add. If its a gas heater I don't know what the hell it is. :hmmm:

ExtremeChief
01-03-2005, 08:03 PM
I'd like to let everyone know that Karma is a bitch. I'm a smartass to Iowanian about his water heater, and now my dryer isn't putting out any heat.

ROFL

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 08:04 PM
If the water heater has an upper and lower element, it could be that the upper element has burned out or corroded with lime or something so the upper part of the water is cooler than the lower half, I actually changed both my elements and about a week later changed the thermostat by myself, I might add. If its a gas heater I don't know what the hell it is. :hmmm:
I hadn't though of a dual element heater. If it is that, you would get lukewarm water followed by hot water then cold water. All very quickly. But you would never get hot water for very long. OK, Iowanian, is it an electric heater or gas?

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey, badgirl, it sure was nice to meet you today. But I have a question.........how are we going to get rid of Stumppy?

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 10:06 PM
So, Iowanian, do you have a gas or electric water heater?

ChiefsFire
01-03-2005, 10:06 PM

mmmmmm

very sexy

a woman who knows her way around a monkey wrench and can fix stuff

one question......did you have any plumberscrack showin while working on ur water heater?? :hmmm:

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 10:13 PM
mmmmmm

very sexy

one question......did you have any plumberscrack showin while working on ur water heater?? :hmmm:
The way I understand it, there are only two classes of people that are allowed to have underwear showing......babies and plumbers.

badgirl
01-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey, badgirl, it sure was nice to meet you today. But I have a question.........how are we going to get rid of Stumppy?
Sorry Skip, Stumppy stays :p but it was also very nice meeting you, I had fun. :thumb:

badgirl
01-03-2005, 10:15 PM
mmmmmm

very sexy

no, no plumberscrack was showing, :p

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Sorry Skip, Stumppy stays :p but it was also very nice meeting you, I had fun. :thumb:
OK. I'll take that as a maybe.

badgirl
01-03-2005, 10:19 PM
OK. I'll take that as a maybe.
:thumb:

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 11:18 PM
:thumb:
Of course you must understand that I am like a dog chasing cars. We don't really want to catch one.

Phobia
01-03-2005, 11:22 PM
I'd have charged her roughly $10,000 to fix that. I sure somebody made it worth Mike's time.

morphius
01-03-2005, 11:27 PM
I heard a new phrase today, "Blonde all the way down to her toes".

I'm sure this relates to this thread somehow.

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 11:31 PM
I'd have charged her roughly $10,000 to fix that. I sure somebody made it worth Mike's time.
I'm telling you those women were sexually depraved. I was lucky to get out of there alive.

go bo
01-03-2005, 11:33 PM
I heard a new phrase today, "Blonde all the way down to her toes".

I'm sure this relates to this thread somehow.ROFL ROFL ROFL

someone must have been thinking of tommykat when they coined that phrase...

(j/k, tommykat... ;) )

Frazod
01-03-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm telling you those women were sexually depraved. I was lucky to get out of there alive.

Especially at your age.... ROFL

morphius
01-03-2005, 11:42 PM
So a gathering and all you guys can come up with is a picture of some wires? Thats not right.

Skip Towne
01-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Especially at your age.... ROFL
Really. I'm nearly as strong as they are but they're so much quicker.

stumppy
01-03-2005, 11:45 PM

It was every man for himself.
It's not like we are in the Marines Skip. Ya know, never leave a man behind......

go bo
01-03-2005, 11:48 PM
It was every man for himself.
It's not like we are in the Marines Skip. Ya know, never leave a man behind......ROFL ROFL ROFL

every man for himself, huh?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

stumppy
01-04-2005, 12:17 AM
So a gathering and all you guys can come up with is a picture of some wires? Thats not right.

Well, there was this guy in the closet with a video camera........

Skip Towne
01-04-2005, 08:11 AM
It was rough I tell ya.

stumppy
01-04-2005, 08:15 AM
It was rough I tell ya.

I swear, I did everything I could to help ya Skip. But when it looked like you were....uh........ going down hard I had to abandon ship.:D

Iowanian
01-04-2005, 09:33 AM
I hadn't though of a dual element heater. If it is that, you would get lukewarm water followed by hot water then cold water. All very quickly. But you would never get hot water for very long. OK, Iowanian, is it an electric heater or gas?

Its a Gas heater...no older than 4-5 years.
I turned it up a little last night, and it was fine this morning....I'm wondering if the "dingy thermostat" isn't a good guess with the toolman's lawndart.