Dallas
Giants
Houston
Denver
Oakland
Sandiego

ArrowheadHawk
01-03-2005, 04:27 PM
shouldn't we see who on our team retires is sent to free agency come in via free agency or the draft before we worry about the schedule considering the teams are set but no dates are set so what is the point?

Kerberos
01-03-2005, 04:28 PM
:hmmm:

Big Chief Homer
better improve the D

home
pats
jets
eagles
skins
bengals
donks
raiders
chargers

away

bills
cowboys
giants
texans
donks
raiders
chargers
dolphins

NaptownChief
That home schedule sure looks like it could be nasty.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2005, 04:30 PM
I think the NFL league office has already declared that KC has the toughest schedule in 2005 and once again gets jacked, while teams like Denver get easy schedules. Sure, all but 2 teams will be the same... but, that's not the point.

Kerberos
01-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I agree ... just letting eveyone know our schedule is going to be loaded AAAGAIN !

:(

NaptownChief
01-03-2005, 04:32 PM
I think the NFL league office has already declared that KC has the toughest schedule in 2005 and once again gets jacked, while teams like Denver get easy schedules. Sure, all but 2 teams will be the same... but, that's not the point.

Funny you would make that wise ass crack when this time just a year ago after a 13-3 run we heard endless brain dead banter from you Donk fans about "easy schedule" despite it was only a game or so differnt than your own.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Where did you find that... I haven't looked at 2005, just curious which 2 teams aren't similar with Denver and KC.

NaptownChief
01-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Reality is that the teams toughest opponent as usual will be the front office. Get that one off the schedule and big things might happen.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Funny you would make that wise ass crack when this time just a year ago after a 13-3 run we heard endless brain dead banter from you Donk fans about "easy schedule" despite it was only a game or so differnt than your own.

Que? I'm doubting you've read much from me whining about schedules... maybe from the collective masses, but not me. I'm always said (at least the last few years) that the schedules are the same.

KC fans on this board tend to always whine about scheduling and bye weeks.

NaptownChief
01-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Que? I'm doubting you've read much from me whining about schedules... maybe from the collective masses, but not me. I'm always said (at least the last few years) that the schedules are the same.

KC fans on this board tend to always whine about scheduling and bye weeks.

I certainly didn't mean to indict you specifically but this time last year on the Mane I heard more sour grapes about our schedule than Plummer has career INT's.

the Talking Can
01-03-2005, 04:37 PM

We asked for the Donko special where the toughest team is scheduled last so they only play their backups allowing us to slide into the playoffs.

They said they'd get back to us.

Nightfyre
01-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Thats a nasty schedule.

Mile High Mania
I certainly didn't mean to indict you specifically but this time last year on the Mane I heard more sour grapes about our schedule than Plummer has career INT's.

Oh, ok... all fans have sour grapes after a loss, especially as badly as Indy whipped 'em last year.

ArrowheadHawk
here is the donx

2. Denver Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, New England,
New York Jets, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington
Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Buffalo,
Miami, Jacksonville, Dallas, New York Giants

Mile High Mania
01-03-2005, 04:42 PM
We asked for the Donko special where the toughest team is scheduled last so they only play their backups allowing us to slide into the playoffs.

They said they'd get back to us.

Well, you got that this year... the Chargers (12-4) rested their starters. It's just that KC fugged up their year against teams like the Panthers, Texans, Saints and Bucs ... preventing their week 17 game from meaning anything either.

So, KC had the same opportunity from the opposing team ... just no chance of sliding into the playoffs with a win. That .500 gift was there just begging to be unwrapped and KC couldn't untie the ribbon.

kc-nd
01-03-2005, 04:49 PM
I can just see the other teams saying,

"Goodie, goodie, gum drops ... we get to play the Chiefs' defense this year. If the NFL schedules the game in December, we get to celebrate Christmas twice this year."

Mile High Mania
01-03-2005, 04:50 PM
CHIEFS
Home: pats, jets, eagles, skins, bengals
Away: bills, cowboys, giants, texans, dolphins

DENVER
Home: New England,New York Jets, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington
Away: Buffalo,Miami, Jacksonville, Dallas, New York Giants

Both teams play the Pats, Jets, Eagles, Skins at home.
Both teams play the Bills, Cowboys, Giants, Cowboys on the road.

KC plays @ Texans and host Bengals additionally, while Denver hosts Baltimore and plays @ Jacksonville again. Right?

So, who can really bitch much about the difference here?

Kerberos
01-03-2005, 04:52 PM
CHIEFS

DENVER

KC plays @ Texans and host Bengals additionally, while Denver hosts Baltimore and plays @ Jacksonville again. Right?

I'll have to agree that there isn't a whole lot of difference in these schedules!

ArrowheadHawk
01-03-2005, 04:58 PM
i just hope they keep this same scheduling format when LA gets a team hopefully an already existing team goes to LA Leaving the # of teams at 32 and the scheduling works out perfectly.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2005, 04:59 PM
I just hope the Denver game @ Dallas is after October 1... I hate going to Texas Stadium in July/Aug/September. Too effing hot in that damn place.

Hey - do you guys think you'll plan on getting a big contingent down for the KC game @ Dallas?

tk13
01-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Well, you got that this year... the Chargers (12-4) rested their starters. It's just that KC fugged up their year against teams like the Panthers, Texans, Saints and Bucs ... preventing their week 17 game from meaning anything either.

So, KC had the same opportunity from the opposing team ... just no chance of sliding into the playoffs with a win. That .500 gift was there just begging to be unwrapped and KC couldn't untie the ribbon.
Yeah, I think the only way we could make a case schedule-wise was if we won yesterday. If that had happened, we could've said that the fact that you guys got Miami from the AFCE while we got New England and that was the difference in us tying for second place, but that didn't happen.... :)

Kerberos
01-04-2005, 05:36 AM
Yeah, I think the only way we could make a case schedule-wise was if we won yesterday. If that had happened, we could've said that the fact that you guys got Miami from the AFCE while we got New England and that was the difference in us tying for second place, but that didn't happen.... :)

Yea we sucked so that would pretty much sum up our season brutal schedule or not!

Swanman
01-04-2005, 06:57 AM
CHIEFS

DENVER

The only difference between the Chiefs and Donks schedule is that the Chiefs play the 3rd place teams in the AFC South and AFC North while the Donks play the 2nd place teams in those same divisions. The rest of the schedules are exactly the same (except of course for home/away games) as both teams will play all 4 teams from the AFC East and NFC East.

I can't complain about the Chiefs schedule. Most of the tough non-division games (NE, NYJ, Philly) are at home and most of the road games aren't terrible (Dallas, Houston, Miami, NYG).

ct
01-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Where did you find that... I haven't looked at 2005, just curious which 2 teams aren't similar with Denver and KC.

KC plays vs. CIN & @HOU
DEN plays vs. BAL & @JAX

Kerberos
01-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Things being as they are.... KC and Denver BOTH have equally difficult schedules next season ... our misshaps are our own problem.. we created our own mess with our schedule ... 3-4 more wins was dooable this year... but not done.

my.02