Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Hopefully the callers rip him a new one and make him cry. ROFL

SNR
01-03-2005, 06:14 PM
What happen?

The Bad Guy
01-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Can someone please call up and ask him why he cuts punters for poor performance, but he doesn't take the same action with underachieving defensive players?

stumppy
01-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Hopefully the callers rip him a new one and make him cry. ROFL

Can we get a play by play ????

Puuuweeeeeesseee

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:18 PM
DV says "I told the players today that I've got one more year, and I don't wanna go out a loser." Get better players, bitch.

DV says "We give up too many points, I can't pinpoint the direct cause, but we will get started soon on that." Better players, bitch.

DV says "Man, I was looking at our schedule today, and wow...we don't get a break, we may end up playing two Super Bowl teams again." Get better players, bitch, then you won't be concerned about who you play, moron.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:21 PM
A caller says we need more speed, or it'll be the same results as the last 4 years; and also we need better tackling, etc.

DV says. "some things you're right on, and some you are 100 miles off." WTF? The caller is dead on!

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:22 PM
I can't stand listening to DV talk about defense. He doesn't know wtf he's talking about. He sounds like a random sports show radio caller when he talks about defense. Whitlock is dead on that DV doesn't care and doesn't know anything about defense.

The Bad Guy
01-03-2005, 06:23 PM
I've never seen a coach cry about a schedule like Dick Vermeil.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Mitch Holthus says, "There's 7 or 8 corners out there, but ya gotta be careful not to overpay, Dick."

Dick--"Yeah."

And we got some wuss callers kissing Dick's ass.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Dick says, you gotta be patient with corners. This guy is an idiot. He also says that the rules now go against CBs. Well, what in the hell are you gonna do, Dick? Not look for better ones then? This isn't an ALL offense league. you gotta play defense.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:30 PM
"Gotta give Lynn Stiles a lot of credit for getting Benny Sapp. A great addition."

Dick has lost it.

And now we got some moron calling from Mexico that I can't understand...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Now they blame it on injuries...

The Bad Guy
01-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Vermeil makes it hard to even like this organization anymore.

He's crediting Lynn Stiles for finding Benny Sapp? This team is 7-9 with the worst defense in NFL history and he's giving credit to people?

I thought his motto was "If you want credit - go to the bank.."

Vermeil is the Swiss Bank Account of coaches.

chris
01-03-2005, 06:35 PM
DV says "I told the players today that I've got one more year, and I don't wanna go out a loser." Get better players, bitch.

DV says "We give up too many points, I can't pinpoint the direct cause, but we will get started soon on that." Better players, bitch.

DV says "Man, I was looking at our schedule today, and wow...we don't get a break, we may end up playing two Super Bowl teams again." Get better players, bitch, then you won't be concerned about who you play, moron.

And your football coaching experience which enables you to make such educated observations?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Injury updates on some players

Shawn Barber is probably gone for next year too. will be on PUP list at the beginning of next season, so if a miracle happens, we'll see him in game 8.

Priest Holmes is not 100% yet, but will be fine.

Boerigter is ahead of schedule; he'll be fine.

Welbourne could play right now.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:37 PM
And your football coaching experience which enables you to make such educated observations?

A monkey could see it, moron.

Get better players.

ExtremeChief
01-03-2005, 06:38 PM
staff evaluation.... possibility that they will lose a member or 2, but only if someone else hires them,

ExtremeChief
01-03-2005, 06:38 PM
www.thefoxrocks.com for anyone that wants to listen

ExtremeChief
01-03-2005, 06:44 PM
suck ass Rick calling now

The Bad Guy
01-03-2005, 06:46 PM

And Vermeil has had 4 years with this defense and it has sucked every year.

Can he make educated decisions about defensive players?

Obviously not.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:47 PM
So the only thing I've got from this is

Barber is most likely gone for next year, so we have to get another LB, added on to what we needed.

DV sounds exhausted and delusional.

We've got some of the most kiss ass fans in the NFL. "You'll be fine, coach." "It's ok, coach." "Lick my balls, coach, yada yada.

ROYC75
01-03-2005, 06:48 PM
DV said that at one time this year he felt like not coming back..... as of now, he said he will do his last year.

The Bad Guy
01-03-2005, 06:49 PM
DV said that at one time this year he felt like not coming back..... as of now, he said he will do his last year.

I hope he leaves.

ExtremeChief
01-03-2005, 06:53 PM
sssllluuuurrrpppppp!!!!!

these callers are making me sick

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:53 PM
WTF was that?

Caller--"Dick, you make me be a better parent when I'm watching sports. You bring respect, yada yada." WTF is this crap?

ExtremeChief
01-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Some guy just called to tell Dick how much he appreciates him as a coach and that Dick makes it easier for him to raise his kids when the watch sports because of the respect Dick has for everyone.

no, I couldn't make shit like that up

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 06:55 PM
TheY freakin' screen these callers.

--SCREENER---MUST BE WILLING TO KISS ASS TO ASK DICK A QUESTION ROFL

ROYC75
01-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Pussy calls .......

Logical
01-03-2005, 06:57 PM
staff evaluation.... possibility that they will lose a member or 2, but only if someone else hires them,:Lin:

ROYC75
01-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Oh shit..... DV has heard rumors that Will Shields is thinking about retirement. :shake:

FloridaChief
01-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Nice way to end a show...just said he's heard rumors that Shields is considering retirement...

:shake:

ExtremeChief
01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Team should have been at least 10 and 6. His responsibility to get it to perform at that level. Had enough bad breaks, etc and didn't get it done. Team didn't perform like he thought it should have, starts with him and works on down the team. Goodnight. We suck.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh shit..... DV has heard rumors that Will Shields is thinking about retirement. :shake:

I'd be thinking of retirement too if I had to put up with being a great offense only to be shit on by a shitty defense for 4 straight years. And the fact that the Chiefs haven't committed to fixing the defense.

tk13
01-03-2005, 07:05 PM
TheY freakin' screen these callers.

--SCREENER---MUST BE WILLING TO KISS ASS TO ASK DICK A QUESTION ROFL
Actually they don't, we've had people on this board call and say they get right through, and I remember reading some article a while back about Vermeil that mentioned how he was one of the few coaches in the league that didn't screen calls on his radio show...

Logical
01-03-2005, 07:10 PM
I'd be thinking of retirement too if I had to put up with being a great offense only to be shit on by a shitty defense for 4 straight years. And the fact that the Chiefs haven't committed to fixing the defense.Exactly, I hope Shields, Richardson and Roaf all retire if one retires. It will force the Chiefs to realize they have to rebuild. I would prefer that none of them retire.

Rausch
01-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Exactly, I hope Shields, Richardson and Roaf all retire if one retires. It will force the Chiefs to realize they have to rebuild. I would prefer that none of them retire.

WTF?

Well YEAH, they would have to rebuild if three of our best offensive players left....

Right now we've got 1/3 of a defense (defensive line) and that's about it (even if I do feel good about wesley.) We need to totally revamp the LB, S's, and CB's....But rebuild? That stupidity...

alanm
01-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Exactly, I hope Shields, Richardson and Roaf all retire if one retires. It will force the Chiefs to realize they have to rebuild. I would prefer that none of them retire.Ah hell... Give Will a month off to kick his feet up and heal up and he'll be ready to go again. I'd be more concerned about Roaf at the moment. But it does kinda necessitate that we need to start looking at a replacement. That is if he's not on the roster already.

Logical
01-03-2005, 07:33 PM
WTF?

Well YEAH, they would have to rebuild if three of our best offensive players left....

Right now we've got 1/3 of a defense (defensive line) and that's about it (even if I do feel good about wesley.) We need to totally revamp the LB, S's, and CB's....But rebuild? That stupidity...

Nah because that likely means Carl retires, and that is a giant + to me.

Rausch
01-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Nah because that likely means Carl retires, and that is a giant + to me.

Carl isn't going to retire...

Logical
01-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Carl isn't going to retire...

I think he will before he has to rebuild the team from scratch. I also think he may retire when DV leaves. By retire I mean move over to only being President same thing that happened to the GM before Carl.

BigChiefFan
01-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I respect Vermeil and I truly believe he has done some great things for the Chiefs, but the man is in denial when it comes to our defense.

Rausch
01-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I think he will before he has to rebuild the team from scratch. I also think he may retire when DV leaves. By retire I mean move over to only being President same thing that happened to the GM before Carl.

The LJ pick is evidence Peterson is thinking long term, DV is thinking win now...

DV will reitre, then Saunders or Gunther will take over.

|Zach|
01-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Cody, who do you want us to pick up on defense.

SNR
01-03-2005, 07:54 PM
The LJ pick is evidence Peterson is thinking long term, DV is thinking win now...

DV will reitre, then Saunders or Gunther will take over.I don't want EITHER of these guys touching the HC position on this team :banghead:

the Talking Can
01-03-2005, 08:01 PM
crap...Shields retiring would be devastating...but its good news that Barber won't be back...they'll be forced to bring in a new LB, maybe we can find a way to get out of his contract

BigChiefFan
01-03-2005, 08:04 PM
crap...Shields retiring would be devastating...but its good news that Barber won't be back...they'll be forced to bring in a new LB, maybe we can find a way to get out of his contractThat explains why Carl said we needed LBer help. I hope he isn't basing it solely on Barber's injury.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Cody, who do you want us to pick up on defense.

Um...lets see...about 11 new starters...but that's asking too much...

|Zach|
01-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Ya it its...I was lookin for something more realistic.

2bikemike
01-03-2005, 08:26 PM

I don't think Lamar will make that same mistake twice.

|Zach|
01-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Your main point is an understandable one...it just seems that maybe you would have some good ideas or input other than calling our coach an idiot. When someone just sits around and talks about how stupid others are and nothing else it just seems like they enjoy bitching and nothing more...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Ya it its...I was lookin for something more realistic.

My realistic, or Chiefs realistic?

If we're talking Chiefs realistic, about 1 or 2 players.

My realistic? 7 new starters. DT, DE, 3 LBs, SS, CB Sapp as the nickle, maybe draft another one

Rausch
01-03-2005, 08:39 PM
I don't think Lamar will make that same mistake twice.

He hasn't made the Saunders mistake yet...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Your main point is an understandable one...it just seems that maybe you would have some good ideas or input other than calling our coach an idiot. When someone just sits around and talks about how stupid others are and nothing else it just seems like they enjoy bitching and nothing more...

Our coach is an idiot.

4 years in a row at the bottom in defense. He's an idiot.

|Zach|
01-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Our coach is an idiot.

ROFL Alrighty...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 08:55 PM
ROFL Alrighty...

When you take a shit, you wipe. You don't walk around with shit on your ass. You take care of the problem.

Special Ed's Analogies 101 :)

royr17
01-03-2005, 09:08 PM
So did DV say Barber will be gone ???

Count Zarth
01-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Well, I think Barber's injury is a silver lining.

Hopefully we bring in a free agent OLB to complement Fujita. I would really like to see them bring in a MLB to compete with Mitchell in training camp, but I doubt it happens.

royr17
01-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Might as well forget about getting a linebacker cause I think Gun is gonna start Fox next season.

So you'll see Fujita, Mitchell, and Fox as our LB core.

Count Zarth
01-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Might as well forget about getting a linebacker cause I think Gun is gonna start Fox next season.

Why Fox? If the coaches thought he was worth a crap he'd have been out there when Barber went down.

tk13
01-03-2005, 09:14 PM
My realistic, or Chiefs realistic?

If we're talking Chiefs realistic, about 1 or 2 players.

My realistic? 7 new starters. DT, DE, 3 LBs, SS, CB Sapp as the nickle, maybe draft another one
What do you think we're going to do? If we don't re-sign Fujita I could easily see us having 7 new guys playing big roles on defense.... somebody new at ROLB, MLB, LOLB if Fujita isn't signed, two new corners to replace McCleon and Bartee, somebody else will have to play as a third corner while Warfield's suspended, and it's likely Woods isn't coming back so unless Harts steps in we'll have somebody new there. That's seven guys right there... then add a possible DE to go opposite Allen or back up Hicks, etc, and who knows how many new faces we'll have. I don't know, maybe not, I personally think almost everybody is the secondary is at risk... as for replacing Kawika and Fujita I'm not as sure but I think Gunther is pretty much done with most of the secondary players.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 09:15 PM
So did DV say Barber will be gone ???

Yes, most likely.

He'll be on the PUP list at the start of training camp, may be back in the middle of the season, but not likely.

royr17
01-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Why Fox? If the coaches thought he was worth a crap he'd have been out there when Barber went down.

Because Fox wasnt ready, he had been injured for a while, he'll have this whole offseason to get better and prove wrong the coaching staff and then you will see what he will do on the field.

Also I do recall that when we drafted him that Gunther was calling him a young Donnie Edwards so who knows.

But all I know is that Fox was a player in college just like Rich and both could be pretty good if they are ever given a freaking chance by our stupid coaching staff.

KCJake
01-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Our coach is an idiot.

Damn, dude. DV brought in GROB, a proven winner. A SuperBowl winner. He couldn't get it done. So, he brought in Gunther and that hasn't worked out(yet). Not exactly DV's fault. I think you guys make some good points. But come on. DV is an offensive coach. He doesn't know sh!t about defense. He basically doesn't bother with the defense. He leaves it up to the defensive coordinator. Maybe you can blame Dick for not bringing in better defensive players, but Dick doesn't have as much power as you guys think. Remember, Dick was the one that wanted to draft a defensive player. Carl P wanted LJ. Carl was THE ONLY guy that wanted LJ. The shitty defense is Carl's fault, just as much as its DV fault. The only thing that I blame DV for is waiting to long to fire GROB.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2005, 09:20 PM
You'll hear about Barber from Teicher in the Kansas City Star in about 2 months, lol

tk13
01-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Damn, dude. DV brought in GROB, a proven winner. A SuperBowl winner. He couldn't get it done. So, he brought in Gunther and that hasn't worked out(yet). Not exactly DV's fault. I think you guys make some good points. But come on. DV is an offensive coach. He doesn't know sh!t about defense. He basically doesn't bother with the defense. He leaves it up to the defensive coordinator. Maybe you can blame Dick for not bringing in better defensive players, but Dick doesn't have as much power as you guys think. Remember, Dick was the one that wanted to draft a defensive player. Carl P wanted LJ. Carl was THE ONLY guy that wanted LJ. The shitty defense is Carl's fault, just as much as its DV fault. The only thing that I blame DV for is waiting to long to fire GROB.
I know I sound crazy and probably mention it too much, but really before DV came here he really had always had teams that were better on defense than offense... he is an offensive coach but he's never struggled to put a good defense together before coming here. Before coming here he'd been a head coach for 10 years, and in only two of those were his offenses ranked higher than his defenses, and that was 1982 when he resigned and the 1999 Super Bowl year with the Rams. He kinda gets unfairly labeled by football fans because of what happened to that Rams team after he left, but really the defense was never the biggest problem when he was with the Rams, they finished 18th, 11th, and 7th in defense yardage in his three seasons there and had a top 10 scoring and yardage defense in Philly for 5 straight years. Now if only he could do that here....

TEX
01-03-2005, 09:52 PM

I totally agree, especially with the last line. That too is what I hold DV most accountable for. GROB should have been fired the second after the '02 season ended. The _efense is mostly Carl's fault. What some people fail to realize is this _efense was on it's way down during Marty's last year. That trend has continued with a good many of the same characters that were here before DV arrrived. :hmmm:

Logical
01-03-2005, 10:00 PM

Lord have mercy and strike me dead before Gun ever becomes a head coach for the Chiefs again.

ROYC75
01-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Lord have mercy and strike me dead before Gun ever becomes a head coach for the Chiefs again.

Oh man, don't say things like that, we do have Carl as VP, it could happen !

MGRS13
01-03-2005, 10:28 PM

If this happens we will be #32 in defense yet again! :cuss: :cuss:

go bowe
01-03-2005, 10:40 PM
When you take a shit, you wipe. You don't walk around with shit on your ass. You take care of the problem.

Special Ed's Analogies 101 :)hey! speak for yourself! :p :p :p

digi2fish
01-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Now they blame it on injuries...

First Down Elvis ?

Rausch
01-04-2005, 02:33 AM

Special Ed's Analogies 101 :)

This season in a nutshell: we went into a public restroom having to cut off a stinky-stump like nobody's business, and once we cut one, we noticed there was no TP...

And Gun was left screaming "WTF!!!!!" in the stall all season long... :shake:

tomahawk kid
01-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Everyone needs to calm down about Shield and Roaf.

They both commented that they're coming back next season.

Just another example of how Dick isn't in touch with this team at all.

Half the time he can't even remember their names.

Bearcat
01-04-2005, 11:02 AM
DV says "Man, I was looking at our schedule today, and wow...we don't get a break, we may end up playing two Super Bowl teams again."

As long as we have an excuse :rolleyes:

I heard Frank Beemer's short interview at the end of last night's VTech/Auburn game, and it was outstanding.... he said his team didn't get it done, listed mistakes, said he wished they had played better. No spin, no "the better team lost today" mentality..... it was amazing!

|Zach|
01-04-2005, 11:04 AM
As long as we have an excuse :rolleyes:

I heard Frank Beemer's short interview at the end of last night's VTech/Auburn game, and it was outstanding.... he said his team didn't get it done, listed mistakes, said he wished they had played better. No spin, no "the better team lost today" mentality..... it was amazing!
If DV did interviews different we would have won the superbowl no doubt.

Bearcat
01-04-2005, 11:10 AM

Well, that was my point.

Good job.

Bearcat
01-04-2005, 01:42 PM

A little less denial might help....

CP just said it about our defense:

"Candidly: I'd like to give them one more year."

there it is folks, from CPs mouth

|Zach|
01-04-2005, 01:43 PM
A little less denial might help....
No need, whatever DV says to the press is what he says behind the scenes.