PDA

View Full Version : What was yours?

Stinger
01-03-2005, 09:49 PM
As you look back on the Chief's this year what moment(s) will you remember good or bad?

A couple for me:

The Good

The crowd at arrowhead reaction when Indi had to punt on their first series.

Dante taking it to the house again on the opening kickoff against Bronco.

The last drive against the Faders on Christmas.

The Bad

Knowing that on 3rd and over 8 yards to go, that was the kiss of death for our defense.

|Zach|
01-03-2005, 09:50 PM
I actully dont recall the crowd going that nuts when the Colts punted.

ChiefsFire
01-03-2005, 09:53 PM
the good

proving to DV we need more than a new DC

the bad

proving to DV we need more than a new DC

Rain Man
01-03-2005, 09:55 PM
There's a photo of Priest up in the air horizontal diving into the end zone against some team. That's just a great shot and memory.

Others include:

Kennison ducking out from underneath that Rai der on his long TD catch and run, when it looks like he's wrapped up.

That screen last week with LJ running and Waters leading him.

Trent throwing that beautiful long TD pass onto the left sideline just as he's getting hammered. (Can't remember the opponent. Anyone know what I'm talking about?)

Gunther up in his booth talking trash to the trashy Ravens fans.

Pants
01-03-2005, 09:56 PM
What Rain Man said.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Ray Ray crying like a lil' bitch :thumb:

BigChiefFan
01-03-2005, 10:01 PM
What I remember most is Carl resting on his laurels in the off-season and thinking magic pixie dust would solve the defensive woes. Now he's blaming some of the coaching staff for convincing him to re-sign some of those scrubs. Carl is so damn teflon, he can't leave soon enough. Sorry for the rant, but you asked. LOL.

Thig Lyfe
01-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Everything was good. Except for the losing part. And the defense. And the kicking game.

Demonpenz
01-03-2005, 10:58 PM
the play that sticks on my mind is the one where we were going to take a 2 possestion lead, only to have trINT throw a pick six.

Big Chief Homer
01-03-2005, 11:10 PM
There's a photo of Priest up in the air horizontal diving into the end zone against some team. That's just a great shot and memory.

Others include:

Kennison ducking out from underneath that Rai der on his long TD catch and run, when it looks like he's wrapped up.

That screen last week with LJ running and Waters leading him.

Trent throwing that beautiful long TD pass onto the left sideline just as he's getting hammered. (Can't remember the opponent. Anyone know what I'm talking about?)

Gunther up in his booth talking trash to the trashy Ravens fans.

Rainman,do you mean the opening night in denver?that one sticks out for me,trent gets nailed and completes like a 50 yard Td(to kennison I think)

T.G.'s Final TD catch against indy,where he lands flat on his back.

also Gun with the raven fans and the O line making Big Bad Ray Ray cry.

Phobia
01-03-2005, 11:11 PM
the play that sticks on my mind is the one where we were going to take a 2 possestion lead, only to have trINT throw a pick six.

Against the Texans.

Yeah. I was sitting there knowing that we couldn't lose that game. I sat in my seat for several minutes after the FG went through the uprights in some kind of weak protest.

That was a pathetic game. That was a pathetic season.

royr17
01-03-2005, 11:13 PM
The 1st Chargers game at Arrowhead, to set there and have the game won and let them come back and bit us in the ass.

And the whole freakin season.

Count Alex's Losses
01-03-2005, 11:16 PM
I will remember Green's fatal INT in the endzone against the Texans.

I'll remember Priest getting hurt again.

I'll remember Gonzalez raping the Raiders two weeks ago...

Us beating the Donks worse than we've beaten them in any game since 1983...

WebGem
01-03-2005, 11:22 PM
The good:

The seven games that we won.

The bad:

I try to forget bad things.

WebGem
01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Ahh shit, one bad thing popped in my head that I just can't seem to forget...

These Silver and Black guys from Oakland that call themselves the Raiders.

morphius
01-03-2005, 11:49 PM
LJ finally showing up in a game was damn nice to see. Parker playing a game and having a huge game. Just about every game other then the first and the last games the Chiefs games have all been close and exciting.

The bad is just way too numerous, ST blocking all season long has sucked, punting has sucked, 2 minute offensive failures, fumbles, injuries, Woods and Wesley playing like, as Gun described his D team, "Girls"...

That was bfugly.

BigRedChief
01-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Doing the Wave as we were wrapping up a 50 point thrashing of Vick and co..

stumppy
01-04-2005, 12:21 AM
The anticipation of what a great season we were going to have right before our first game.

J Diddy
01-04-2005, 02:16 AM
Game 2 vs. Carolina

I sat in the stands cheering on what looked like a jv game. That was the most pathetic display I have ever seen from both teams. Right then I knew the shit was gonna hit the fan, so much so that on the way home my boss called and offered me donks tickets at arrowhead and I turned them down.

I was so freaking depressed.

I still ain't sleeping right.

Rausch
01-04-2005, 03:22 AM
My favorites were Ray-Ray getting p0Wn3d on MNF and crying like a baby and the Colts game...we SO needed to beat the colts...

Rain Man
01-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Rainman,do you mean the opening night in denver?that one sticks out for me,trent gets nailed and completes like a 50 yard Td(to kennison I think)

It might've been. I'm completely blanking on the opponent because, like, who cares about other teams? I just remember Trent putting this arc up right as he got nailed, and Kennison was on the left sideline pretty closely covered, and the ball came in just perfectly so that only Kennison could catch it. I think he was on about the 3 or 5 yard line and just carried it right in.

shaneo69
01-04-2005, 10:15 AM
My favorite memory of the Chiefs 2004 season was the home game, I'm not sure who it was against, but I think it was around the middle of the season, and I remember driving to the game and either my dad or me saying that we knew we were going to win the game that day. And we stopped at either Jack Stack or Gates, I can't remember which, and had some awesome tailgating BBQ. It was a pretty nice day, but I think it may have rained a little towards the end of the game, but even so, we had a great time watching Priest, or maybe it was LJ, get more than 100 yards rushing and a couple TD's, and even though our defense didn't play too well that day, I'm pretty sure we still won. That was my favorite memory from this season.

Rain Man
01-04-2005, 10:17 AM
That was my favorite memory from this season.

And quite possibly your only one.

shaneo69
01-04-2005, 10:33 AM
And quite possibly your only one.

Actually, the best moment for me was during the Bronco game at Arrowhead. There was a donkey fan about two rows in front of us who would stand and clap obnoxiously at the beginning of the game when Denver was still close. As the Chiefs pulled away and the game turned into a rout, he just sat slumped in his chair and we forgot he was still there. Then, in the 4th quarter when Tatum Bell caught a pass and headed for an apparently easy TD, the guy jumped up and started cheering wildly again. That's when Greg Wesley came out of nowhere to knock the ball out of his hands into the endzone for a touchback. The donkey fan just slumped back down into his chair while everyone around him started giving him all kinds of crap. That was one of the few enjoyable moments of this season for me.

ChiefsFire
01-04-2005, 06:22 PM
My favorite memory of the Chiefs 2004 season was the home game, I'm not sure who it was against, but I think it was around the middle of the season, and I remember driving to the game and either my dad or me saying that we knew we were going to win the game that day. And we stopped at either Jack Stack or Gates, I can't remember which, and had some awesome tailgating BBQ. It was a pretty nice day, but I think it may have rained a little towards the end of the game, but even so, we had a great time watching Priest, or maybe it was LJ, get more than 100 yards rushing and a couple TD's, and even though our defense didn't play too well that day, I'm pretty sure we still won. That was my favorite memory from this season.

are you sure it was a chiefs game?

Iowanian
01-04-2005, 06:49 PM
3 games in a row.......game winning final drives......3 man rush on 4th down..........3 sacks.

stevieray
01-04-2005, 08:02 PM
398 First Downs...NFL Record
Meeting planeteers at games, NZoners, 37 Forever etc
Dante's opening TD against the Invescos

Slow start
Choking in the fourth qtr

|Zach|
01-04-2005, 08:03 PM
The low point was the NO game IMO.

Bob Dole
01-04-2005, 08:13 PM
The good:

Seeing Joe Delaney's name in the Ring of Fame

The bad:

The constant sinking feeling that we would find some way to **** things up.