PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Opponents for 2005

Herzig
01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
CHIEFS OPPONENTS DETERMINED FOR 2005
Jan 03, 2005, 10:37:51 AM

The National Football League officially announced the Chiefs 2005 opponents on Monday, as well as opponents for all 32 teams in the NFL. The complete 2005 NFL schedule including dates and times will be determined at a later date.

Kansas City’s schedule for 2005 features seven games coming against five teams that qualified for the 2004 playoffs. In addition to two games apiece against AFC West champion San Diego and Wild Card qualifier Denver, the Chiefs will also face AFC East Champion New England, which will make a return trip to Arrowhead along with NFC East winner Philadelphia and the N.Y. Jets, who earned an AFC Wild Card berth.

The Chiefs will again have a home-and-home series with AFC West opponents Oakland, Denver and San Diego, but Kansas City will also visit three cities they have not seen recently. They will travel to Dallas for the first time in the regular season since ‘95. The Chiefs will also make their first regular season visit to Buffalo since ‘96 and will travel to Miami where they have not played since ‘97.

Kansas City will entertain Cincinnati and will play at Houston based on the Chiefs third-place finish in AFC West. Cincinnati owns the longest drought of any NFL team without a game at Arrowhead. The Bengals have not appeared in Kansas City since ‘93. The remainder of the Chiefs schedule features a home game vs. Washington and a road contest at the N.Y. Giants. It will mark the Redskins first regular season visit to Arrowhead since ‘95, while the Chiefs last regular season contest at the Giants came in ‘98.

Home
New England
NY Jets
Philadelphia
Washington
Cincinnati
SD
Den
Oak

Away
Buffalo
Miami
Dallas
NY Giants
Houston
SD
Den
Oak

Herzig
01-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Here's a chart

BigRedChief
01-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Here's a chart

Looks a lot easier than this year but after getting our butts handed to us by the San Diego JV team maybe we cant even handle Miami.:mad:

TEX
01-03-2005, 10:43 PM
SWEET! I get to see the CHIEFS play in person in Houston and Dallas! :thumb:

|Zach|
01-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Our home games look quite brutal. The NFL from year to year is so crazy though, its tough to get a good sense.

|Zach|
01-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Looks a lot easier than this year but after getting our butts handed to us by the San Diego JV team maybe we cant even handle Miami.:mad:
Seems as though we handled...

Denver
Baltimore
Indianapolis
Oakland
Tenn.
Atlanta

BigChiefFan
01-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Damn, that schedule doesn't look like a cake walk to me.

|Zach|
01-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Damn, that schedule doesn't look like a cake walk to me.
Not at all.

tk13
01-03-2005, 11:12 PM
With us playing the east coast teams from both conferences and with some of the matchups that might look tough, hopefully we'll get another good round of national TV games....

Herzig
01-03-2005, 11:14 PM
I was hoping that we'd get to play the NFC West next year.

BigChiefFan
01-03-2005, 11:17 PM
How in the Hell did we land the Pats AGAIN(won't that be 4 years in a row)? Something doesn't seem right with that.

|Zach|
01-03-2005, 11:18 PM
How in the Hell did we land the Pats AGAIN(won't that be 4 years in a row)? Something doesn't seem right with that.
We didnt play them in '03

tk13
01-03-2005, 11:20 PM
I was hoping that we'd get to play the NFC West next year.
We do that in 2006. Next year we play the NFC and AFC East... in '06 we play the NFC West and AFC North...

Herzig
01-03-2005, 11:24 PM

NFL schedules now rotate divisions as opponents each year(next year we play the AFC EAST and the NFC EAST), in addition, we play 2 games against AFC teams that finished in 3rd in their division(Cincy, Houston) in the 2 divisions that we are don't have any games against but those 2 teams. Got it?

BigChiefFan
01-03-2005, 11:27 PM
NFL schedules now rotate divisions as opponents each year(next year we play the AFC EAST and the NFC EAST), in addition, we play 2 games against AFC teams that finished in 3rd in their division(Cincy, Houston) in the 2 divisions that we are don't have any games against but those 2 teams. Got it?
Yea, I understand all that, but that doesn't explain having to play the Pats 4 years in a row.

Herzig
01-03-2005, 11:28 PM

Last year, they won their division, as we did. That's also why we played Baltimore this year too.

tk13
01-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Yea, I understand all that, but that doesn't explain having to play the Pats 4 years in a row.
We don't, we didn't play them in 2003. In 2002 we played them because it was our turn to play the AFC East, this year we played because we both finished 1st in 2003, and next year it's our turn to play the AFC East again. There are only 3 other AFC divisions to rotate through, when things were re-aligned it's now set up where we'll play every AFC team at least once every three years. In 2003 we played Houston because we'd both finished last the year before in our divisions, this year we played because we played the AFC South, and we play them again next year because we both finished 3rd...

BigChiefFan
01-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Last year, they won their division, as we did. That's also why we played Baltimore this year too.
I get having to play them this year, just not next year.

Herzig
01-03-2005, 11:35 PM
I get having to play them this year, just not next year.

It's our division's turn to play the AFC East which the Pats are a part of.

BigChiefFan
01-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have drank those beers this evening. LOL. The light finally went off. I don't know WTF I was thinking.

Herzig
01-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have drank those beers this evening. LOL. The light finally went off. I don't know WTF I was thinking.

I've been there before :)

Herzig
01-04-2005, 07:49 AM
We do that in 2006. Next year we play the NFC and AFC East... in '06 we play the NFC West and AFC North...

Good...but by that time, those teams will probably be good.

MOhillbilly
01-04-2005, 07:52 AM
see yall at the washington game.