PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we move Mitchell to OLB?

Tuckdaddy
01-04-2005, 08:53 AM
He's got the jets and is improving. Sign a true MLB. I want Peterson but the King will never spend the coin for him.

Mtchell, FA and Fujita.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Have we given up on Maz?

htismaqe
01-04-2005, 08:55 AM
I don't think Mitchell has what it takes to play outside. It requires much more 1-on-1 pass coverage which is the weakest of his already non-existent skills...

htismaqe
01-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Have we given up on Maz?

Yep. He can't even walk right...

Hoover
01-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Have we given up on Maz?
:RANT: He never was that good anyway, MOVE ON PEOPLE :RANT OVER:

Cochise
01-04-2005, 09:04 AM
:RANT: He never was that good anyway, MOVE ON PEOPLE :RANT OVER:

If he ever plays again, I hope that he isn't starting for us at MLB. I know beggars can't be choosey but we can at least try a younger guy with some upside rather than a season ending injury waiting to happen.

HC_Chief
01-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Mitchell has 'the jets'? Since when?

Dude is always out of position, can't tackle and can't diagnose a play (outside of the occassional RB screen).

I want REAL LINEBACKERS here.... not this mish-mash group of frigging losers we've been forced to endure. :grr:

ChiTown
01-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Mitchell has 'the jets'? Since when?

Dude is always out of position, can't tackle and can't diagnose a play (outside of the occassional RB screen).

I want REAL LINEBACKERS here.... not this mish-mash group of frigging losers we've been forced to endure. :grr:

:clap:

Right on.

When people keep fawning over Fujita's "abilities", I have to wonder if the folks around here (including Chiefs Managament and Coaches) remember what the hell good linebacking looks like. Unbelievable.

shaneo69
01-04-2005, 10:02 AM
I don't think Mitchell has what it takes to play outside. It requires much more 1-on-1 pass coverage which is the weakest of his already non-existent skills...

Yet for some reason, Gunther insisted on keeping Mitchell in the game on 3rd down passing situations. I still can't figure that one out. We would use 3 linemen (never the same ones), we'd keep all three LB's in the game and send Beisel on the pass rush, and Sapp would come in as the 5th DB. Then one of three things would happen. Either the QB would flip the ball out to the RB in the flat, and Fujita would miss the tackle, or the QB would find the TE down the middle, with Mitchell running at him with his back to the QB, or the QB would throw down the sidelines at Bartee/McCleon. Whichever route the QB took, it was a sure 1st down.

DaKCMan AP
01-04-2005, 10:22 AM
If we want a MLB a cheaper option (if he declares) would be Channing Crowder from UF. He's a 3rd year sophomore who is considering declaring for the draft. If he waits another year he will probably be a very high 1st round pick. If he decides to leave this year I doubt he'll go in the 2nd.

He's a monster in the middle and one of those guys born to play football.