PDA

View Full Version : Coke or Pepsi?

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Mmmmmmmm, I love Coke. Nector of the Gods. Mother's milk. Coke makes it all better.

I'm not drinking much lately since I'm trying to eat better/lose a few pounds bla, bla, bla....but I couldn't resist grabbing one on the way out the door this morning. It made my morning. Santa can even.

I live in an area that is pretty heavily Pepsi dominated though....which do you prefer?

This has probably been done before but I don't care.

ptlyon
01-04-2005, 08:26 AM
No Coke, Pepsi

Kerberos
01-04-2005, 08:28 AM
cheesburger... cheesburger...cheesburger...

No Coke.... Pepsi..

bricks
01-04-2005, 08:29 AM
I'm not drinking much lately since I'm trying to eat better/lose a few pounds bla, bla, bla....but I couldn't resist grabbing one on the way out the door this morning. It made my morning. Santa can even.

That's the smart idea, if your trying to lose weight, try not to drink Coke as much as possible. sometimes it's hard, cause it's simply irresistable. I'm a Coke lover myself. Water bud, water. Is the best day to go. drink coke on cheat days. :thumb:

seclark
01-04-2005, 08:34 AM
w/a large shot of spiced rum, they're both nails.
w/o the rum, wgaf.
sec

Cochise
01-04-2005, 08:35 AM
I prefer ghey polls

stumppy
01-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Pepsi is da berries.:thumb:

Bob Dole
01-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Good to see yesterday's estrogen levels haven't decreased a ****ing bit.

Bob Dole is really looking forward to the "tampon or napkin" poll.

Dipshits.

stumppy
01-04-2005, 08:40 AM

Dipshits.

I'd have to go with the added benefit of floss on that one.

morphius
01-04-2005, 08:41 AM
I tend to be a pepsi person, but I can drink either. I'm trying to drink nothing but diet, so far the only ones I can stomach are the diet cherry coke/pepsi, diet mt dew code red, and diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper.

Pennywise
01-04-2005, 08:41 AM
A heavily dominated Pepsi area?

:bong:

RedNeckRaider
01-04-2005, 08:42 AM
I rarely drink soda, if I do it is Dr Pepper or sometimes Pepsi. I have used Coke to clean my battery terminals

ChiTown
01-04-2005, 08:43 AM

Dipshits.

Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy.

I'd go with the napkin, but then again, I'm sloppy when I'm eating BBQ..........

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 08:44 AM
That's the smart idea, if your trying to lose weight, try not to drink Coke as much as possible. sometimes it's hard, cause it's simply irresistable. I'm a Coke lover myself. Water bud, water. Is the best day to go. drink coke on cheat days. :thumb:
Yes...today was a cheat day.

:)

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 08:46 AM

Dipshits.
I nominate you to start it...

Hoover
If I drinking it stright up Pepsi

If I'm making a mixed drink Coke

CrazyHorse
The way I understand it, you lose more weight on Coke than Pepsi.

I dont do either.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2005, 08:47 AM
I don't really care. If they have Coke, i'll drink Coke. If they have Pepsi, i'll drink Pepsi. Pepsi is the lighter, crisper drink, where as Coke is more of a syrupy heavy drink.

I like Pepsi out of the fountain, and Coke in a glass bottle. Out of the can, they both suck.

bricks
01-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Ok, so now what's the best beer?

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 08:48 AM
I don't really care. If they have Coke, i'll drink Coke. If they have Pepsi, i'll drink Pepsi. Pepsi is the lighter, crisper drink, where as Coke is more of a syrupy heavy drink.

I like Pepsi out of the fountain, and Coke in a glass bottle. Out of the can, they both suck.
At least you haven't given it any thought...

ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Ok, so now what's the best beer?
Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat....as reflected in the avy.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 08:50 AM

I dont do either.
Probably because Coke eats away at your insides more...?

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 08:53 AM
A heavily dominated Pepsi area?

:bong:
No shit. Pepsi is a heavily charitable company around here and they sponsor literally everything. They are the biggest client of mine and every other radio and tv station in the market.

bricks
01-04-2005, 08:56 AM

I dont do either.

:spock: you don't lose weight drinking either one bud. they're both sugar-crazed.

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Pepsi is sweeter, Coke has more of bite.

I greatly prefer Coke.

Braincase
01-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Real hackers drink Coke.

At Microsoft's Technical Education Conference in 1996, they served Pepsi products on the first day. Everybody grabbed Jolt rather than the Pepsi , and let me tell you, there was about a riot. Tuesday, more Jolt, and by Wednesday they had Coke in the house.

Don't mess with people that live on sugar and caffeine. They can be picky.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Pepsi is sweeter, Coke has more of bite.

I greatly prefer Coke.
Ex-fvckin'-actly.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Real hackers drink Coke.

At Microsoft's Technical Education Conference in 1996, they served Pepsi products on the first day. Everybody grabbed Jolt rather than the Pepsi , and let me tell you, there was about a riot. Tuesday, more Jolt, and by Wednesday they had Coke in the house.

Yes... you can be addicted to Coke on more than one level.

Count Zarth
01-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Dr. Pepper owns them both.

Lately I've been enjoying Canada Dry. That shit is GOOD. AND it settles your stomach. It's not so heavy as other soft drinks either.

Rain Man
01-04-2005, 09:05 AM
I have long preferred Coca-Cola, but in recent years I have found myself more and more attracted to the curvaceous blue siren that is Pepsi-Cola. I still love Coca-Cola very much, but it's the same drink day after day after day, and the taboo allure of Pepsi-Cola is sometimes irresistable. Is it possible to love them both? And if so, is there any chance that I could ever, you know, get them to come to an understanding about it? And possibly even have an evening where I can drink Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola together?

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 09:07 AM
I have long preferred Coca-Cola, but in recent years I have found myself more and more attracted to the curvaceous blue siren that is Pepsi-Cola. I still love Coca-Cola very much, but it's the same drink day after day after day, and the taboo allure of Pepsi-Cola is sometimes irresistable. Is it possible to love them both? And if so, is there any chance that I could ever, you know, get them to come to an understanding about it? And possibly even have an evening where I can drink Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola together?
I think the term is bi-colious.
Many scholars hypothesize that there is a genetic component.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm "low-carbing" it right now, so the only soda i'll enjoy for awhile is Diet Rite. I like Diet Rite out of the fountain, but not in a can or anything like that. I'm picky, I guess.

PastorMikH
01-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Diet Pepsi is my preffered drink. However, I am trying to have the wife by the sodas I don't like so well so I won't drink as much. I could kill a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi a day - which is something I deffinately don't need to do.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Just don't introduce diet into the mix. Then Coke or Pepsi is sure to ask "Do these colors make my can look fat?"

MGRS13
01-04-2005, 09:38 AM
What no RC option....gotta be RC dude!

Saulbadguy
01-04-2005, 09:42 AM
What no RC option....gotta be RC dude!
True. Royal Crown is easily head and shoulders above Coke or Pepsi.

Does anyone remember the Royal Crown Premium Draft? It had all premium ingredients, but it was expensive. Came in a 6 pack of 12 oz glass bottles, and damn it was good.

morphius
01-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Real hackers drink Coke.

Real Hackers drink the Dew. An MS confrence is not where you would find the real hackers, just the wanna be's.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 09:43 AM
RC...???? The William Bartee of soda's....????

:p

MGRS13
01-04-2005, 09:47 AM

Those my friend are fighting words! Rc is not just my drink of choice but also a life style, and I've got the tattoo to prove it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Those my friend are fighting words! Rc is not just my drink of choice but also a life style, and I've got the tattoo to prove it.
ROFL

:thumb:

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 09:50 AM
So, you gonna get the William Bartee tattoo to match?

Predarat
01-04-2005, 09:51 AM
I voted Coke but Dr Pepper rules!

chiefs4me
01-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Nothing but coke in my house,,no ice just cold as snow. If I wake up in the am and someone didn't fill the coke rack up the night before and there is no coke for me. It will be a bad am in my house. Pepsi is to dam sweet.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 09:58 AM
I voted Coke but Dr Pepper rules!
I love Dr. Pepper too. You can start the Pepper vs. Mountain Dew thread.

Kerberos
01-04-2005, 09:59 AM
I have used Coke to clean my battery terminals[/QUOTE]

All carbonated soda will clean battery terminals ... fact

Coke just gets the rap cause it uses different types of acidic type ingredients in thier formula .. not anything lethal mind you .. but they use it nontheless.

I worked for Coca-Cola for 7 years and I could tell you just about any story you would want to hear about the SODA GIANT!

Rain Man
01-04-2005, 10:02 AM
I worked for Coca-Cola for 7 years and I could tell you just about any story you would want to hear about the SODA GIANT!

Uh, what's the formula?

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 10:03 AM
I love Dr. Pepper too. You can start the Pepper vs. Mountain Dew thread.
Dew Live Wire ressurected my faith in soda innovation. That stuff rawks.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 10:03 AM
All carbonated soda will clean battery terminals ... fact

Coke just gets the rap cause it uses different types of acidic type ingredients in thier formula .. not anything lethal mind you .. but they use it nontheless.

Was there ever and if so, are there still trace amounts of cocaine in it?

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Dew Live Wire ressurected my faith in soda innovation. That stuff rawks.
What do you think of the Pitch Black? That stuff reeks.

Frosty
01-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Pepsi is to dam sweet.

It's funny how tastes differ. I've always thought that Coke was way sweeter than Pepsi.

Diet Pepsi for me.

RedNeckRaider
01-04-2005, 10:08 AM
I heard that for years, no idea if its true.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 10:10 AM
I heard that for years, no idea if its true.
:hmmm:

short and sweet response...... your son must be in school...

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 10:11 AM
What do you think of the Pitch Black? That stuff reeks.
Yeah, they overreached there. Code Red is a guilty pleasure. Live Wire is my favorite non-cola carbonated drink [close race with the Pepper, though], but Pitch Black was not good. Grape and Dew are not a good mix.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 10:13 AM
I suppose if I'm going for "full flavor", I tend to take Coke over Pepsi. Tho, I've been drinking a decent amount of Diet Pepsi lately, and I have no desire to pick up a Diet Coke.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 10:15 AM
you lose more weight on Coke

And meth is an even cheaper alternative.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah, they overreached there. Code Red is a guilty pleasure. Live Wire is my favorite non-cola carbonated drink [close race with the Pepper, though], but Pitch Black was not good. Grape and Dew are not a good mix.
The Pepsi company here locally always gives my radio station free product to take to remotes for giveaway. A couple of summer's ago they'd give us Pepsi Blue and no one would take it, then it would sit in our station fridge until we threw it out. The same thing happened last summer with Pitch Black. Not marketing geniuses.

RedNeckRaider
01-04-2005, 10:17 AM
:hmmm:

short and sweet response...... your son must be in school...

ROFL No he is at work and I am layed off. Two finger pecking on my own :shake:

patteeu
01-04-2005, 10:18 AM
I tend to be a pepsi person, but I can drink either. I'm trying to drink nothing but diet, so far the only ones I can stomach are the diet cherry coke/pepsi, diet mt dew code red, and diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper.

Have you tried PepsiOne? It only has one calorie and tastes a lot better than diet to me although it still isn't the same as the full sugar drinks.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 10:19 AM
I suppose if I'm going for "full flavor", I tend to take Coke over Pepsi. Tho, I've been drinking a decent amount of Diet Pepsi lately, and I have no desire to pick up a Diet Coke.
That's because Coke markets to women by having hot guys in their Diet Coke commercials. Hence, men feel dirty and/or gay for drinking it. Not marketing geniues either.

chiefs4me
01-04-2005, 10:19 AM
It's funny how tastes differ. I've always thought that Coke was way sweeter than Pepsi.

Diet Pepsi for me.

To me pepsi is nothing but syrup. :thumb: And sorry to hear all of you having to drink diet,,I tasted a diet drink one time and thought I would puke. I mean come on,,why not just drink water if you can't enjoy the full flavor of the Cola.:hmmm:

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 10:20 AM
ROFL No he is at work and I am layed off. Two finger pecking on my own :shake:
sorry to hear it. Good luck.......damn Raider fan anyway......

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Have you tried PepsiOne? It only has one calorie and tastes a lot better than diet to me although it still isn't the same as the full sugar drinks.
I like C2 a great deal. 1/2 the calories, and NO diet taste.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 10:24 AM
I like C2 a great deal. 1/2 the calories, and NO diet taste.
C2 rocks....hard.

patteeu
01-04-2005, 10:24 AM
No shit. Pepsi is a heavily charitable company around here and they sponsor literally everything. They are the biggest client of mine and every other radio and tv station in the market.

At one time I worked for the accounting firm that handled the worldwide Coke account. Our office vending machines didn't serve Pepsi products and it was frowned upon to be seen drinking a Pepsi product in the office.

Rain Man
01-04-2005, 10:25 AM
C2 is alien technology.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 10:29 AM
At one time I worked for the accounting firm that handled the worldwide Coke account. Our office vending machines didn't serve Pepsi products and it was frowned upon to be seen drinking a Pepsi product in the office.
If they want me to go for that, the coke products better be free.

Frosty
01-04-2005, 10:29 AM
To me pepsi is nothing but syrup. :thumb: And sorry to hear all of you having to drink diet,,I tasted a diet drink one time and thought I would puke. I mean come on,,why not just drink water if you can't enjoy the full flavor of the Cola.:hmmm:

Don't feel sorry for me, I can't stand sugared soda like regular Coke or Pepsi anymore. They are sickenly sweet.

If you are used to that much sweet flavor, diet probably does taste weird, but once you get weened off it, it's tough to go back.

My blood sugar and waistline doesn't like sugared sode, either.

Kerberos
01-04-2005, 10:32 AM

Coca-Cola stoped putting cocaine in thier ingredients back in the early 1950's ...

When the Federal government formed the USFDA after world war 1 (because of the SH!T companys were putting in sea rations that were making soldiers deathly ill) they finally got around to inspecting EVERY food/drink manufacturer and found coca-cola was using cocaine as one of thier ingredients and made them stop.

People from my parents era tell stories of how Coca-Cola had a REAL BITE years ago that it doesn't have NOW ... I Fuggin Guess So !!

Cliff

chiefs4me
01-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Don't feel sorry for me, I can't stand sugared soda like regular Coke or Pepsi anymore. They are sickenly sweet.

If you are used to that much sweet flavor, diet probably does taste weird, but once you get weened off it, it's tough to go back.

My blood sugar and waistline doesn't like sugared sode, either.

Well thank You God I can drink and eat whatever I want and my waistline doesn't change. And all I meant by sorry is sorry u have to drink diet.:thumb:

chiefs4me
01-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Coca-Cola stoped putting cocaine in thier ingredients back in the early 1950's ...

When the Federal government formed the USFDA after world war 1 (because of the SH!T companys were putting in sea rations that were making soldiers deathly ill) they finally got around to inspecting EVERY food/drink manufacturer and found coca-cola was using cocaine as one of thier ingredients and made them stop.

People from my parents era tell stories of how Coca-Cola had a REAL BITE years ago that it doesn't have NOW ... I Fuggin Guess So !!

Cliff

We miss all the fun,,:banghead:

patteeu
01-04-2005, 10:37 AM
If they want me to go for that, the coke products better be free.

They weren't free, but they were cheap IIRC. I think the firm provided Coke products at cost so it was quite a bit cheaper than the typical vending machine.

I usually drank coffee, not because I like it, but because it was free.

Kerberos
01-04-2005, 10:46 AM
If anyone is interested ???

A few of us can remember the introduction of NEW COKE or COKE II back in the 80's

Some think it was a bust by coca-cola to try and match the drink Pepsi (that had covered allot of ground on the Soft Drink Giant)...

Others tell this story that I heard and sounds believable:

With the 100 year patent coming up on the coca-cola formula coke had two choices ... let EVERYONE get a handle on thier ingredients and flood the market with even MORE imitaitons .. or take it off the market.

The man that devised "THE PLAN" did this... he introduced a NEW COKE into the market and got EVERYONE in the WORLD to try this new soft drink getting millions of sales and keeping the patent for the old formula to themselves till a new patent could be awarded for another 100years.

Once the general public tried the NEW COKE and decided they didn't like it... Coca-Cola thus introduce the old coca-cola formulas as Coca-Cola Classic and changing the name just enough to keep the patent from having the same name as the old one which is one of the things they had to do to keep the formula under wraps ...

Call it what you will but "I" call it marketing guiness!

But hey that is IMO..

Cliff

chiefs4me
01-04-2005, 10:50 AM

A few of us can remember the introduction of NEW COKE or COKE II back in the 80's

Some think it was a bust by coca-cola to try and match the drink Pepsi (that had covered allot of ground on the Soft Drink Giant)...

With the 100 year patent coming up on the coca-cola formula coke had two choices ... let EVERYONE get a handle on thier ingredients and flood the market with even MORE imitaitons .. or take it off the market.

The man that devised "THE PLAN" did this... he introduced a NEW COKE into the market and got EVERYONE in the WORLD to try this new soft drink getting millions of sales and keeping the patent for the old formula to themselves till a new patent could be awarded for another 100years.

Once the general public tried the NEW COKE and decided they didn't like it... Coca-Cola thus introduce the old coca-cola formulas as Coca-Cola Classic and changing the name just enough to keep the patent from having the same name as the old one which is one of the things they had to do to keep the formula under wraps ...

But hey that is IMO..

Cliff

Well I for one am happy they found a way around it. The new coke sucked.:deevee:

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 10:51 AM
A few of us can remember the introduction of NEW COKE

Seems like for awhile after the introduction of "Classic", you could still pick up New Coke, too. I could swear I could remember seeing cans labeled just "Coke", no Classic or New, and possibly even a blue stripe accompanying the white one on the can.

But, it's quite possibly, hell likely, that I'm insane.

Ultra Peanut
01-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Between the two? Definitely Coke. I prefer the taste of Dr Pepper or Mr. Pibb, though.

Frosty
Well thank You God I can drink and eat whatever I want and my waistline doesn't change. And all I meant by sorry is sorry u have to drink diet.:thumb:

Well, like I said, I don't HAVE to drink diet, I prefer it.

There a lot of reasons to avoid sugar, particularly the high fructose corn syrup that soda is loaded with, other than weight, but that's a choice everyone has to make for themselves. To each their own.

Rain Man

Aha! You admit it! What did you do with Endelt!

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 10:55 AM

But hey that is IMO..

Cliff
The formula for Coca Cola has never been patented. It is a trade secret that can be reverse engineered, but never has been.

Ultra Peanut
01-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Supposedly, Coke tastes much better in Latin and South America.

Call it what you will but "I" call it marketing guiness!BRILLIANT!

Rain Man
01-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Between the two? Definitely Coke. I prefer the taste of Dr Pepper or Mr. Pibb, though.

But of course. I'm a Pepper, too.

morphius
01-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Thats okay, Coke seems to me to be mostly carbonation. If I had really wanted to burp that much I would do it myself thank you much :D

Ultra Peanut
01-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Well, like I said, I don't HAVE to drink diet, I prefer it.

There a lot of reasons to avoid sugar, particularly the high fructose corn syrup that soda is loaded with, other than weight, but that's a choice everyone has to make for themselves. To each their own.Diet Dr Pepper's not bad. The rest, though... blargh.

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Supposedly, Coke tastes much better in Latin and South America.
Cane Sugar, as opposed to HFCS.

ArrowheadHawk
01-04-2005, 11:02 AM
I will take a pepsi over a coke any day.

There is just something wrong when a beverage (coke) can eat up a nail in just one night. My mother in law also uses coke as a drain cleaner. No thanks I don't want that in my stomach.

Brock
01-04-2005, 11:07 AM

There is just something wrong when a beverage (coke) can eat up a nail in just one night. My mother in law also uses coke as a drain cleaner. No thanks I don't want that in my stomach.

I don't drink either one, but you should check the snopes page.

Kerberos
01-04-2005, 11:07 AM
The formula for Coca Cola has never been patented. It is a trade secret that can be reverse engineered, but never has been.

You could very well be right ... I am just going on what was told to me by the District manager at a sales meeting!

(district managers) talk about guys with a millions stories and allot of hot air!!

Cliff

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 11:12 AM
This must be what I was thinking of.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/22/c5/c5_1_b.JPG

I don't remember the appearance of the roman numeral II, or the full "Coca-Cola" name on the can... but, it's good to see I didn't make up the appearance of "New" coke in a can w/ a blue stripe.

Kerberos
01-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Seems like for awhile after the introduction of "Classic", you could still pick up New Coke, too. I could swear I could remember seeing cans labeled just "Coke", no Classic or New, and possibly even a blue stripe accompanying the white one on the can.

New coke was still available on the east coast if my boss told me right ... there were markets for it out there and people just loved it on the coast..

As for the cans labeled just COKE they could have been there awhile and past thier freshness dating!

DOH

Cliff

ArrowheadHawk
01-04-2005, 11:15 AM
I don't drink either one, but you should check the snopes page.why?

Saulbadguy
01-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Diet Dr Pepper's not bad. The rest, though... blargh.
Thats the only diet drink I do not like. The rest I do not mind. I actually think some of the Diet sodas are better than their regular counterparts. I love Diet Sunkist lemonade, can't stand the regular stuff.

Brock
01-04-2005, 11:21 AM
why?

Because the statement you made is false.

Rain Man
01-04-2005, 11:27 AM
why?

So if you find a rat in your coke bottle some day, you don't just drink it and think it's Rat-Accented Diet Coke.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 11:35 AM
I see David. logged on and voted for Gaz juice.

Hydrae
01-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Definately Coke. Other than an occasional Root Beer, I drink no other sodas.

Now that could be an interesting question, what is the best root beer? I would have to start with A&W and then probably IBC.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Barq's has bite.

Kerberos
01-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Yet another useless fact:

Did you know that McDonalds sells sooooo much coca-cola that they have thier OWN syrup producing facility and a delivery truck is coming and going out of there every 10 minutes average

They pretty much get thier syrup for free just for the national advertising on thier menu boards as well as comercials.

Just in case you needed more useless facts to brighten your day.

Cliff

Rain Man
01-04-2005, 12:07 PM
That would explain something. I really don't like the soft drinks at McDonald's. I've always thought they tasted watered-down or something. If they've got their own plant, maybe there really is something different about their product.

The Pedestrian
01-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Pepsi...for one, it's less acidic.

Rain Man
01-04-2005, 12:26 PM
I read once that 5 percent of America's potato crop becomes McDonald's french fries. That seems ludicrous, but I remember reading it from some source that had credibility.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 12:40 PM
When I think of Coke, it's fun to every once in awhile do a Google search for Bob Kolody.

Story seems to have died in February of 2003, tho. Anyone know anything that happened after this?

http://old.guerrillanews.com/cocakarma/update_02_2003.html

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 02:28 PM
I would imagine so. They probably don't drink much Miller Lite at the Anheuser Busch plant either.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 02:31 PM

But hey that is IMO..

Cliff
That's pretty cool I gotta admit.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 02:33 PM

I understand all cola's can do that.

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 02:35 PM
That's pretty cool I gotta admit.
I like fiction too. ;)

Saulbadguy
01-04-2005, 02:35 PM
I understand all cola's can do that.
No colas can do that. Orange Juice would actually do it faster, but no cola would do it over night.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 02:36 PM
I see David. logged on and voted for Gaz juice.
yea.....that scared me too. Someone wasn't thinking............ or really is gay.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 02:38 PM
I like fiction too. ;)
yea......just saw that. Oh well. It was a cool story.

gblowfish
01-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Now that could be an interesting question, what is the best root beer? I would have to start with A&W and then probably IBC.Best Store Root Beers:
Hires, Frosty, A&W, IBC, Barq's.
Best root beer stands: Mugs Up, Dog N Suds, A&W.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 02:44 PM
I would imagine so. They probably don't drink much Miller Lite at the Anheuser Busch plant either.
I knew a guy in college who worked for A-B... showed up to a pool party once, all A-B employess, with a case of Miller Lite in tow.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 02:45 PM
I knew a guy in college who worked for A-B... showed up to a pool party once, all A-B employess, with a case of Miller Lite in tow.
Awesome.

ROFL

Fairplay
01-04-2005, 02:46 PM

That traitor.

go bowe
01-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm "low-carbing" it right now, so the only soda i'll enjoy for awhile is Diet Rite. I like Diet Rite out of the fountain, but not in a can or anything like that. I'm picky, I guess.diet rite out of a bottle... mmmmmmmmm, but rarely...

rc cola out of a bottle or on ice... mmmmmmmmmmm, but rarely...

diet coke in cans... everyday choice (lesser of many evils)...

go bowe
01-04-2005, 02:52 PM

:p:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: nlm %(/%(/ %(/

gblowfish
01-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Here's what the alleged USA root beer guru says about the best root beers:
10 BEST ROOT BEERS IN AMERICA IN 2003 NAMED
The "10 Best Root Beers in America" list for 2003 was issued today by San Francisco root beer connoisseur and critic Luke Cole, who reviews root beers for the website www.lukecole.com. "These are the finest root beers in the country last year, based on our reviews of over 75 root beers," Cole said in announcing the list.
"The best root beers in the country are made by Mom and Pop restaurants, specialty breweries and microbreweries, usually in that order," Cole explained, and that rule held true for this year’s Top 10 list, which featured two Mom-and-Pop brews, two microbrews, and four specialty brewery root beers. The number one root beer in the country was Gale’s, of Chicago, which was noted for its rootiness and spiciness.
Root beer is an American invention, as Native Americans and settlers alike used a variety of roots to produce medicinal beverages. Charles Hires is generally credited for popularizing and commercializing root beer in the late 19th century, and the non-alcoholic drink had a hey-day in the 1920s during prohibition, when many beer makers switched to root beer instead. Root beer drinking declined in the 1960s when a main ingredient in the sassafras root – sassafrol – was found to cause cancer. Brewers now use sassafrol-free ingredients, and more and more root beers are entering the market each year. While Mom and Pop restaurants have made home-made root beer for decades, there has been a renaissance in root beer lately with microbreweries and regional specialty breweries adding root beer to their products. "With the advent of the internet, you can buy root beers from across the country from your living room," Cole noted, and his web site reviews more than 75 brands from more than 25 states, ranging from home-made root beers only available in local restaurants to national brands. The 10 best root beers were from seven different states, with Washington state home to four of the brands. "The best is still the local stuff," Cole opined. "We need to seek out and support our local root beer makers."
The 10 Best Root Beers in America for 2003, in order, are:
1. Gale’s, Chicago, Illinois (8.94)
2. Bulldog, Fresno, California (8.81)
3. Route 66 Malt Shop, Albuquerque, New Mexico (8.75)
4. Abita, Abita Springs, Louisiana (8.69)
4. Americana, Redmond, Washington (8.69)
4. XXX, Issaquah, Washington (8.69)
7. Henry Weinhard, Tumwater, Washington (8.63)
7. Sprecher Breweries, Glendale, Wisconsin (8.63)
9. Stewart’s, Denver, Colorado (8.56)
10. Scuttlebutt Brewery, Everett, WA (8.44)
(The scores in parentheses are on a scale of one to ten, and reflect the average of eight different parameters Cole uses in reviewing the root beers.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

go bowe
01-04-2005, 02:57 PM
And meth is an even cheaper alternative.ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

almost made me blow my (diet) coke out my nose...

maybe i should try it... :D :D :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 02:59 PM
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: nlm %(/%(/ %(/
John....I don't understand how a guy who looks like Santa Claus can be so mean.

:D

Mr. Laz
01-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Definitely Coke :clap: :thumb:

Pepsi has too much syrup and not enough carbonation ... too sweet

go bowe
01-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Well thank You God I can drink and eat whatever I want and my waistline doesn't change. And all I meant by sorry is sorry u have to drink diet.:thumb:where's your commas? :p :p :p

Saulbadguy
01-04-2005, 03:09 PM
The "Pepsi is too sweet" people are FOS.

Pepsi has 27g of sugar
Coke has 30g of sugar

go bowe
01-04-2005, 03:10 PM
John....I don't understand how a guy who looks like Santa Claus can be so mean.

:Dlooks can be deceiving... :p :p :p

Frosty
01-04-2005, 03:11 PM
The 10 Best Root Beers in America for 2003, in order, are:
1. Gale’s, Chicago, Illinois (8.94)
2. Bulldog, Fresno, California (8.81)
3. Route 66 Malt Shop, Albuquerque, New Mexico (8.75)
4. Abita, Abita Springs, Louisiana (8.69)
4. Americana, Redmond, Washington (8.69)
4. XXX, Issaquah, Washington (8.69)
7. Henry Weinhard, Tumwater, Washington (8.63)
7. Sprecher Breweries, Glendale, Wisconsin (8.63)
9. Stewart’s, Denver, Colorado (8.56)
10. Scuttlebutt Brewery, Everett, WA (8.44)

Woo hoo. Washington is the root beer capital of the world. :clap:

At least, we can do one thing right. :rolleyes:

go bowe
01-04-2005, 03:14 PM

Pepsi has 27g of sugar
Coke has 30g of sugarwell, maybe peoples' perception of taste vary so that the same amount of sugar can seem more sweet or less sweet to different people...

and other ingredients may affect the taste and the sweetness perceived so that even though coke has more sugar, pepsi may seem sweeter to some...

ok, i got nothin' :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 03:14 PM

Pepsi has 27g of sugar
Coke has 30g of sugar
Ok. Pepsi still tastes sweeter.

go bowe
01-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok. Pepsi still tastes sweeter.it tastes sweeter to me, too... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

badgirl
01-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Coke, i like coke best. :p

Mr. Laz
01-04-2005, 03:35 PM
it tastes sweeter to me, too... :harumph: :harumph:

it tastes sweeter to me, three... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 03:41 PM

Pepsi has 27g of sugar
Coke has 30g of sugar
It's not the absolute amount of sugar, it's that Pepsi's flavor is sugar dominant. The sweetness of Coke is cut by either cinnamon or ginger, can't tell which.

Much in the same way that adding brown sugar to chili lets you get away with more peppers and tobasco.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 04:00 PM
It's not the absolute amount of sugar, it's that Pepsi's flavor is sugar dominant. The sweetness of Coke is cut by either cinnamon or ginger, can't tell which.

Much in the same way that adding brown sugar to chili lets you get away with more peppers and tobasco.
pure genius. by you and Coke.

Baby Lee
01-04-2005, 04:07 PM
pure genius. by you and Coke.
An even better analogy would be; a couple of tablespoons of sugar in water will taste sweeter than a cup of sugar in lemonaide.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 04:15 PM
An even better analogy would be; a couple of tablespoons of sugar in water will taste sweeter than a cup of sugar in lemonaide.
Ok...you had me with the first one. Now you're just showing off.

ArrowheadHawk
01-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Because the statement you made is false.no its not ive done it myself

Skip Towne
01-04-2005, 04:28 PM
You know the Planet is slow when a Coke vs. Pepsi discussion runs 9 pages. ZZZ

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 04:29 PM
You know the Planet is slow when a Coke vs. Pepsi discussion runs 9 pages. ZZZ
You know you love it. Thanks for helping it go to ten....

ArrowheadHawk
01-04-2005, 04:34 PM
You know you love it. Thanks for helping it go to ten....

:Donly 3 pages on my pc lol change your posts per page and it won't be so long :hmmm:

chiefs4me
01-04-2005, 04:34 PM
where's your commas? :p :p :p

Oh didn't you hear? Dr. Phob put me on a comma diet.ROFL But I still slip them in every now and then. ;)

Pants
01-04-2005, 04:37 PM
If I had to pick, I'd go with Pepsi. But it's usually DP or Cherry Coke for me. BTW, WTF kinda nasty shit did they put in Pepsi Spice. That's even worse than the nasty Vanilla shit, UGH.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 04:37 PM
only 3 pages on my pc lol change your posts per page and it won't be so long :hmmm:
That's ok...I'm fine with the default setting. Makes it easier to find certain posts if the pages aren't so damn long....imo at least.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2005, 04:38 PM
That's ok...I'm fine with the default setting. Makes it easier to find certain posts if the pages aren't so damn long....imo at least.
control+f

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 04:40 PM
If I had to pick, I'd go with Pepsi. But it's usually DP or Cherry Coke for me. BTW, WTF kinda nasty shit did they put in Pepsi Spice. That's even worse than the nasty Vanilla shit, UGH.
Cinnamon I believe....it is bad from what I hear. Don't care for Pepsi and hate cinnamon so I haven't drank any.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 04:40 PM
control+f
wow.....look at that......

ArrowheadHawk
01-04-2005, 04:41 PM
control+fmy favorite is alt-F4

chiefs4me
01-04-2005, 04:42 PM
wow.....look at that......

wow neat ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2005, 04:44 PM
my favorite is alt-F4
asshole.

:grr:

Pants
01-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Saul that's weird, but I think Sodas taste 10x better from the can (comparing to fountain or plastic bottle), esp. if the can comes from a vending machine. Just IMO, though.

And yeah Pepsi is smoother than Coke, albeit sweeter. Coke leaves my mouth in a weird state, kinda like wet dryness :shrug: ?

But like I said

Cherry Coke/ Dr. Pepper > Coke/Pepsi like the Chiefs > Donks.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Sprite.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Saul that's weird, but I think Sodas taste 10x better from the can (comparing to fountain or plastic bottle), esp. if the can comes from a vending machine. Just IMO, though.

And yeah Pepsi is smoother than Coke, albeit sweeter. Coke leaves my mouth in a weird state, kinda like wet dryness :shrug: ?

But like I said

Cherry Coke/ Dr. Pepper > Coke/Pepsi like the Chiefs > Donks.
You are a rarity then.

Here is how I rank them, in order of preference:

1. Old fountain style
2. Glass bottle
3. New fountain style (what most of the places use now, automatically mixed)
4. Can
5. Plastic bottle

go bowe
01-04-2005, 05:34 PM
You are a rarity then.

1. Old fountain style
2. Glass bottle
4. Can
5. Plastic bottlewhat have you got against plastic bottles?

even they need love... :p :p :p

Chiefs Pantalones
01-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Dang it people, it's not soda, it's pop!!!

Saulbadguy
01-04-2005, 05:36 PM
what have you got against plastic bottles?

even they need love... :p :p :p
Just don't like the taste too much. :)

chiefs4me
01-04-2005, 05:37 PM
asshole.

:grr:

oh beer me,,didn't you realize how fast he threw that out for you. Don't ever go for it twice. ;)

Pants
01-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm not a rarity, glass bottles are. Often times, fountains are shitty because thesy use water with chlorine or not enough water or too much water. Anyway, both me and my friends think it tastes best out of a frosty can.

Cntrygal
01-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Whiskey doesn't even make coke taste good.

Ultra Peanut
01-04-2005, 07:43 PM
I prefer soft drinks in a can.

Ultra Peanut
01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
asshole.Haha.

Looks like the Dumbass Net caught you. ROFL

If you had Firefox installed with the SessionSaver extension, it would have barely even been an inconvenience.

ENDelt260
01-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Whiskey doesn't even make coke taste good.
Does too.

Cntrygal
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Does too.

How would you know? Your bartenders probably don't even use coke in your drinks.

;)

Skip Towne
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Does too.
Have you ever met an alcoholic drink you didn't like?

Pants
01-04-2005, 08:05 PM
I prefer soft drinks in a can.

BOOM!

CosmicPal
01-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Have you ever met an alcoholic drink you didn't like?

I have...it's called Pabst Blue Ribbon

ChiefsOne
01-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Fountain Diet Coke.....doesn't get any better than that!

grandllama
01-05-2005, 01:05 AM
I have...it's called Pabst Blue Ribbon

Boy you had better not stroll into a college bar by accident right about now... that is the number one beer in Warrensburg....

Fairplay
01-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Boy you had better not stroll into a college bar by accident right about now... that is the number one beer in Warrensburg....

Yeah, its cheap for the college students. And its really not to bad, for cheap beer.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Haha.

Looks like the Dumbass Net caught you. ROFL

If you had Firefox installed with the SessionSaver extension, it would have barely even been an inconvenience.
Yea...I knew it would probably shut down the site. I'm not quite that stupid. Just had to try it to make sure. It was no inconvienence to click the internet explorer icon again. Wireless DSL is fast.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-05-2005, 08:15 AM
You are a rarity then.

1. Old fountain style
2. Glass bottle
4. Can
5. Plastic bottle
Saul...you need a hobby...

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Dang it people, it's not soda, it's pop!!!
It's soda around here. Say pop and your likely to get your ass kicked for being a stupid redneck.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-05-2005, 08:16 AM
oh beer me,,didn't you realize how fast he threw that out for you. Don't ever go for it twice. ;)
Yea...I figured. I was having fun with him though. It's all good.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Heh...Coke is kicking Pepsi's ass.

:thumb:

...and we know we have at least two homo's on the board. NTTAWWT of course. Anyone want to make a guess as to the one's who prefer Gaz juice....?????

badgirl
01-05-2005, 08:37 AM
No Coke, Pepsi
Coke's pretty good while your drinking pepsi. :p (just joking) :rolleyes:

Count Zarth
01-05-2005, 08:40 AM
Anyone want to make a guess as to the one's who prefer Gaz juice....?????

ENDelt is one of 'em.

ENDelt260
01-05-2005, 08:53 AM
...and we know we have at least two homo's on the board. NTTAWWT of course. Anyone want to make a guess as to the one's who prefer Gaz juice....?????

Well, I think the smart money's on this guy...

Saulbadguy
01-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Well, I think the smart money's on this guy...

Haha. You saved his picture.

ENDelt260
01-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Haha. You saved his picture.
Hell, yes. That's getting used any time I need to make a gay joke.