PDA

View Full Version : Norm Chow for our Next Head coach?

dirk digler
01-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Do you think he would make a good head coach in the NFL? They showed the list of QB's he has coached and man that is impressive. He coached Steve Young, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Jim McMahon, Marc Wilson, Gifford Nielsen, Ty Detmer ,Robbie Bosco, and now Leinart. How this guy is not a head coach somewhere is unbelievable to me.

Thig Lyfe
01-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah, but after Spurrier and Erickson etc., I'm a bit concerned about college coaches and their compatibility with the NFL.

He certainly is a fantastic college coach, though.

dirk digler
01-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Yeah, but after Spurrier and Erickson etc., I'm a bit concerned about college coaches and their compatibility with the NFL.

He certainly is a fantastic college coach, though.

Very true about college coaches coming to the NFL, but Jimmy Johnson did it so it can be done.

Also the Chiefs may want to take a look at some of the USC defensive coaches, the USC D may be better than ours and man do they tackle.

DaWolf
01-05-2005, 01:21 AM
How this guy is not a head coach somewhere is unbelievable to me.

I read an article a while back about how he's had some opportunities at becoming a HC at other programs but he just wasn't interested in being a head coach. That may or may not have changed in recent years...

easymobee
01-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Stanford picked some other guy over him for HC recently.

Thig Lyfe
01-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Stanford picked some other guy over him for HC recently.
the hc from pittsburgh... whatshisface

Ari Chi3fs
01-05-2005, 01:41 AM
he would be a damn good offensive coordinator in NFL... to help acclimate him to NFL. I think college coaches should do that more often... it would help there transition.

warpaint99
01-05-2005, 01:44 AM
How about Norm Chows players playing on the Chiefs.

USC is more talented than the Chiefs. Don't ARGUE with me.

Rausch
01-05-2005, 01:57 AM
How about Norm Chows players playing on the Chiefs.

USC is more talented than the Chiefs. Don't ARGUE with me.

Ok...I won't.

Ultra Peanut
01-05-2005, 03:04 AM
How this guy is not a head coach somewhere is unbelievable to me.Cushy job, outstanding pay compared to his peers... he likes being a top-of-the-line college OC. It'll take a great offer from someone to sway him.

Rausch
01-05-2005, 03:10 AM
Cushy job, outstanding pay compared to his peers... he likes being a top-of-the-line college OC. It'll take a great offer from someone to sway him.

Along that line of thinking, I've always wondered why Art Shell hasn't been given another shot... :hmmm: