PDA

View Full Version : So what do you guys think of Matt Leinert?

Deberg_1990
01-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Has he declared for the draft yet? He looks pretty good to me. Do we take him if hes there when we pick?? I know he wouldnt play for a few years and we need defense, but a potential franchise QB would be hard to pass up.

Phobia
01-04-2005, 10:23 PM
He's impressive. For obvious reasons, he reminds me of Steve Young.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2005, 10:23 PM
There is zero chance of him getting out of the top 3.

|Zach|
01-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Deberg, wouldn't you blast CP and DV as total idiots for not taking defense?

Seems like you are playing both sides of the coin here.

tk13
Has he declared for the draft yet? He looks pretty good to me. Do we take him if hes there when we pick?? I know he wouldnt play for a few years and we need defense, but a potential franchise QB would be hard to pass up.
He's going to be the #1 pick.

dirk digler
They were talking tonight about that and apparently he has told friends he staying at USC next year. I think that is the best choice IMO.
I think he is going to be a very good QB for somebody.

Deberg_1990
01-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Deberg, wouldn't you blast CP and DV as total idiots for not taking defense?

Seems like you are playing both sides of the coin here.

True, i probably would, but im of the opinion you take the "best athlete" left on the board in the 1st round. Not neccessarily need.

Deberg_1990
01-04-2005, 10:26 PM

After tonights game, you might be right.

Coach
Won't happen. I would think either SF or Miami will be getting him with the top 2 picks. Both of those teams need a QB in a bad way.

Phobia
They were talking tonight about that and apparently he has told friends he staying at USC next year. I think that is the best choice IMO.
I think he is going to be a very good QB for somebody.

I think that's a stupid, stupid choice. How can you possibly improve upon his standing with the NFL? What purpose would it serve? A degree? Another national championship?

Please.

He's gonna be worth $100,000,000.

Miles

Yeah tonights performance should have put him ahead of the other QB's.

beavis
01-04-2005, 10:27 PM
True, i probably would, but im of the opinion you take the "best athlete" left on the board in the 1st round. Not neccessarily need.
Carl?

dirk digler
01-04-2005, 10:28 PM
I think that's a stupid, stupid choice. How can you possibly improve upon his standing with the NFL? What purpose would it serve? A degree? Another national championship?

Please.

From what they were saying is because he loves the college environment. Who knows but just look at the QB's that stayed and played their full 4 years, alot of them turned out to be very good QB's. The ones that have left early are the ones that end up sucking ass.

2bikemike
01-04-2005, 10:28 PM

Please.

Yep you never know whats going to happen next year. Injury, Or you just flat out fall on your face. I would take the dough and run.

He did just say that its going to be a tough decision for him.

|Zach|
01-04-2005, 10:29 PM
ROFL For all the trash you talk on the front office the idea of you saying there is a situation that we shouldnt take a defensive player in the 1st round is beyond funny.

dirk digler
01-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Yep you never know whats going to happen next year. Injury, Or you just flat out fall on your face. I would take the dough and run.

For me it would be tempting but I would stay and play. You only have your college years once in your life, too many people give up on it to soon.

Deberg_1990
01-04-2005, 10:33 PM
ROFL For all the trash you talk on the front office the idea of you saying there is a situation that we shouldnt take a defensive player in the 1st round is beyond funny.

Well, considering where we are drafting, we wont get him anyways. We should have a nice shot at a good DB, or linebacker though.

|Zach|
01-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Well, considering where we are drafting, we wont get him anyways. We should have a nice shot at a good DB, or linebacker though.
Ok so if he was hypothetically on the board you would still take him though right?

Pants
01-04-2005, 10:35 PM
For me it would be tempting but I would stay and play. You only have your college years once in your life, too many people give up on it to soon.

College years are the best, because they are the last ones before the real life starts. You know you have 4 years of partying to do and then the rest of your life to work your ass off. In Leinart's case that rest of thel life is bigger parties, shitloads of women (even more than now) and money and eventually fame. His case is different from yours and mine.

Miles
01-04-2005, 10:36 PM

Exactly. Any reason for staying can outweight the risk of injury and losing draft status.

2bikemike
01-04-2005, 10:37 PM

I think he should base his decision on where he will be drafted. If he goes #1 he will make a huge amount of money. If he forgoes that and gets hurt next year he will fall in the draft and make considerably less. If he is mature enough and has his head on straight then he will do fine in the NFL.

|Zach|
01-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Ok so if he was hypothetically on the board you would still take him though right?
Hello?

dirk digler
01-04-2005, 10:46 PM
College years are the best, because they are the last ones before the real life starts. You know you have 4 years of partying to do and then the rest of your life to work your ass off. In Leinart's case that rest of thel life is bigger parties, shitloads of women (even more than now) and money and eventually fame. His case is different from yours and mine.

I think he should base his decision on where he will be drafted. If he goes #1 he will make a huge amount of money. If he forgoes that and gets hurt next year he will fall in the draft and make considerably less. If he is mature enough and has his head on straight then he will do fine in the NFL.

Both great answers so you have changed my mind. But it didn't hurt Peyton or Eli to stay the full 4 years but Roethlisberger came out after his junior year so I think he would do fine especially since he has already now won 2 National Championships. There really isn't anything left for him to do at USC.

KevB
01-04-2005, 11:05 PM
I don't give a damn if he wants his degree, he's having fun, you only have college once, etc. He obviously wants to be a QB in the NFL, and he's won 2 MNCs, the Heisman, and is coming off a 5 TD performance. He will never be hotter than he is right now. He's absolutely nuts if he doesn't come out. Besides, he's had his 4 years in college, as he was a red-shirt.

Valiant
01-04-2005, 11:26 PM

Didnt peyton stay the extra year to mature??? If he can get better and mature even more then it would help him more... It is not like he is going to get lucky and get on a team with a great defense ala rothlesberger..

Ultra Peanut
01-04-2005, 11:30 PM
... and so the pirate says, "ARRRRRR! It's drivin' me nuts!"

2bikemike
01-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Didnt peyton stay the extra year to mature??? If he can get better and mature even more then it would help him more... It is not like he is going to get lucky and get on a team with a great defense ala rothlesberger..

Its been a while since Peyton came out but I don't remember him being as hot his JR. year. Not saying that he wasn't I just don't remember.

This kid is hot right now and he could go #1 and I think he should go for it. If he stays another year he might not be able to go #1 Too many variables involved.

Demonpenz
01-04-2005, 11:33 PM
mine as well come out now sign your check, then start investing your money. Besides he can always go play ncaa 05 if he wants to relieve college

Logical
01-04-2005, 11:34 PM

Actually P Manning thought he could get Tennessee a National Championship by staying which is why he stayed, not to mature.

2bikemike
01-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Actually P Manning thought he could get Tennessee a National Championship by staying which is why he stayed, not to mature.

Thats right he did stay to try and get to a championship game. I had forgotten that.

Rausch
01-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Thats right he did stay to try and get to a championship game. I had forgotten that.

Understandable.

He's never won a championchip game...

2bikemike
01-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Understandable.

He's never won a championchip game...

I am thinking he won't again this year.

Rausch
01-05-2005, 12:20 AM
I am thinking he won't again this year.

You think good...

Ari Chi3fs
01-05-2005, 12:46 AM
id like to see teh Steelers and Roethleisbergenhemier get a SB his first season... then, never get to the SB again.

Rausch
01-05-2005, 12:56 AM
id like to see teh Steelers and Roethleisbergenhemier get a SB his first season... then, never get to the SB again.

That won't happen! He's a big, strong, fast German bred stud playing in HEINZ field for IRON WORKERS! He vill when! He vill con-ker all de-.....er......I mean, his QB rating is one of the best for a rookie-.........****.......

I mean....er......ah... ahm teh drunk.....pah no mind to wha ah'm say'n.....is rubbish...I'm toxic n' stuff.

|Zach|
01-05-2005, 01:01 AM
That won't happen! He's a big, strong, fast German bred stud playing in HEINZ field for IRON WORKERS! He vill when! He vill con-ker all de-.....er......I mean, his QB rating is one of the best for a rookie-.........****.......

I mean....er......ah... ahm teh drunk.....pah no mind to wha ah'm say'n.....is rubbish...I'm toxic n' stuff.
Good one PsvAgsvRch.