PDA

View Full Version : What if we win?

Taco John
01-05-2005, 03:32 AM
I already know how unlikely it is that we will be able to go in there and beat the red hot Colts in their house... But what if that's exactly what we do?

Is there enough crow in the world, or enough Gates BBQ sauce to slather them with if that happens?

This is what makes the playoffs worth it, win or lose... The build-up and the dream. Of course, the crash down is a hard one, but I gotta think most Broncos fans have already resolved themselves to the idea that just making the playoffs this year for the second time in a row after such an ugly drought is something we can build on and be proud of...

Winning on Sunday would just add to it.

Fairplay
01-05-2005, 03:54 AM
I want the Colts to win personally. But good luck to your Broncos any Taco. At least your team made the playoffs.

Rausch
01-05-2005, 04:55 AM
I already know how unlikely it is that we will be able to go in there and beat the red hot Colts in their house... But what if that's exactly what we do?

Is there enough crow in the world, or enough Gates BBQ sauce to slather them with if that happens?

This is what makes the playoffs worth it, win or lose... The build-up and the dream. Of course, the crash down is a hard one, but I gotta think most Broncos fans have already resolved themselves to the idea that just making the playoffs this year for the second time in a row after such an ugly drought is something we can build on and be proud of...

I feel sorry for you because you're just as damned retarded as me.

We'll both be sitting there at the end of the season saying "fug you bidge! 'Tis just a flesh wound! I'll bite your friggen ancles off!"

Valiant
01-05-2005, 06:51 AM
From what you said last year.. It doesnt matter until you win one... Come back, when that happens... remember only getting to the super bowl counts..

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 06:55 AM

Dipshit. You are delusional. Last year was something to build on. This year your team layed a big fat turd. No progression whatsoever. Same shit.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 07:02 AM
The only big fat turd around her is the one jerkin off to Wookie Weekly...

No progression? Seriously, back to back 10 win seasons is a good thing. Statistically, the team improved on both sides of the ball.

Yes, they lost some games they should have won, but the AFC overall is greatness and the level of play improved for many teams.

One of the goals of each team should be getting to the playoffs... that was achieved. If Denver laid a big turd this season... what did KC do after going from 13 wins to half that?

Jenson71
01-05-2005, 07:14 AM
I suppose then you'll advance to the next round.

4th and Long
01-05-2005, 07:14 AM
ROFL
No progression? Seriously, back to back 10 win seasons is a good thing. Statistically, the team improved on both sides of the ball.
Two 10 win seasons in a row is status quo, not an improvement. 11 wins this year would have been an improvement.
Yes, they lost some games they should have won,
Everyone loses game they shouldn't.
but the AFC overall is greatness and the level of play improved for many teams.
10 wins this year. 10 wins last year. Still not an improvement. Do the math.
One of the goals of each team should be getting to the playoffs... that was achieved. If Denver laid a big turd this season... what did KC do after going from 13 wins to half that?
Remember kids, when you don't have a valid point/argument, shift the focus of the discussion away from the topic and slam the opposition.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 07:16 AM

Yes, they lost some games they should have won, but the AFC overall is greatness and the level of play improved for many teams.

Can you tell me the Donks record against teams with winning records in the last two years?

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 07:20 AM
4th ... funny stuff.

Whether it was status quo or improvement... I don't care. They had several new starters on both sides (Droughns/Bell/Bailey/Williams/Lynch).. shifted two olineman around (Lepsis/Nell Carter) and other offseason concerns, and still they won 10 games.

As for the valid argument... I simply asked Goat boy what he would call KC's drop in wins b/c going 10 to 10 and "laying a big fat turd" is a bit extreme. So, I was curious if excuses would fly. I needed some basis of comparison.

Braincase
01-05-2005, 07:20 AM
Don't even let your mind go there, TJ. You're goin' down like cheerleader on prom night. Open wide.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Can you tell me the Donks record against teams with winning records in the last two years?

I honestly have not looked it up... if you have, please share. But, please clarify... are you counting "teams with winning records" as teams with winning records at the time they played or teams they beat that ended the season with winning records.

Just curious.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 07:23 AM
I honestly have not looked it up... if you have, please share. But, please clarify... are you counting "teams with winning records" as teams with winning records at the time they played or teams they beat that ended the season with winning records.

Just curious.

Oh, you know exactly what I mean. Lemme go look it up.

4th and Long
01-05-2005, 07:24 AM
4th ... funny stuff.

Whether it was status quo or improvement... I don't care. They had several new starters on both sides (Droughns/Bell/Bailey/Williams/Lynch).. shifted two olineman around (Lepsis/Nell Carter) and other offseason concerns, and still they won 10 games.

As for the valid argument... I simply asked Goat boy what he would call KC's drop in wins b/c going 10 to 10 and "laying a big fat turd" is a bit extreme. So, I was curious if excuses would fly. I needed some basis of comparison.
Goat Boy sometimes has a hard time typing. Wooky Weekly + sticky keybaord ya know. :p

BTW, when are you going to catch up with the times and have someone change your user name to Invesco Mania?

:D

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Don't even let your mind go there, TJ. You're goin' down like cheerleader on prom night. Open wide.

That could very well be true... but, I think back to Harry in Dumb and Dumber when he learns that he has a one and a million chance of getting a date with that hot chic...

"So, you're saying I have a chance"

(yes - I realize I have opened the window for a series of 'dumb and dumber' replies headed back this direction in response to anything related to Denver)

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Oh, you know exactly what I mean. Lemme go look it up.

Go look it up and no I didn't know which you were asking... there is a difference.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Goat Boy sometimes has a hard time typing. Wooky Weekly + sticky keybaord ya know. :p

BTW, when are you going to catch up with the times and have someone change your user name to Invesco Mania?

:D

Heh... it is Invesco Field @ Mile High ... just check out the scoreboard.

Anyway, I'm old school and I haven't received the check from Invesco.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Go look it up and no I didn't know which you were asking... there is a difference.

The Donks record the last two years against teams that ended the season with winning records is:

4-9

And that's including that win over the Colts JV last week.

Over the last three years it is 8-14. So Shanahan's record against teams with winning records has been declining...that ain't progression.

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Allways good to get in to the BB in the AM and find a bronco homer thread at the top of Chiefsplanet. If Teej wants to circle jerk, do it with the homers at the mange.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 07:42 AM
The Donks record the last two years against teams that ended the season with winning records is:

4-9

And that's including that win over the Colts JV last week.

Over the last three years it is 8-14. So Shanahan's record against teams with winning records has been declining...that ain't progression.

Fun with numbers... If I had been saying this were a SB team the last few years, yeah... these numbers would shoot down my argument. I haven't said that about Denver the last several years.

This is a Denver team in 2004 that is good enough to get into the playoffs and potentially win a game... sadly, that game is @ Indy... a place where even the 15 win teams would have a tough time winning.

I'm optimistic... you have nothing to cheer for, so you sit at home and crunch numbers...

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 07:44 AM
Fun with numbers... If I had been saying this were a SB team the last few years, yeah... these numbers would shoot down my argument. I haven't said that about Denver the last several years.

This is a Denver team in 2004 that is good enough to get into the playoffs and potentially win a game... sadly, that game is @ Indy... a place where even the 15 win teams would have a tough time winning.

I'm optimistic... you have nothing to cheer for, so you sit at home and crunch numbers...

Again, you deflect. We're not talking about the Chiefs here.

TJ's statement is that the Broncos have accomplished something to build on this year. The sad truth is that they have done no such thing, and against good teams they've progressively gotten worse and worse over the last three years.

Of course there's one constant in all this, but I leave that to Donk fans to decide for themselves.

Braincase
01-05-2005, 07:47 AM
That could very well be true... but, I think back to Harry in Dumb and Dumber when he learns that he has a one and a million chance of getting a date with that hot chic...

"So, you're saying I have a chance"

(yes - I realize I have opened the window for a series of 'dumb and dumber' replies headed back this direction in response to anything related to Denver)

I'd say you have two chances... "fat" and "slim". Print that out and throw it in the hope chest with the Superbowl trophies from years you didn't cheat.

Skip Towne
01-05-2005, 07:52 AM
What if Hell freezes over?

4th and Long
01-05-2005, 07:55 AM
What if Hell freezes over?
Then the Devil finally gets to use that snowblower he'd owned for years.

I'll just sit back and wait to see what happens when the donkies take the field at Peytons house.

the Talking Can
01-05-2005, 07:58 AM

ROFL

I almost didn't click on this thread because I knew I'd never stop laughing.

I was right.

ROFL

The only thing more predictable then the Broncos losing is the silence of Bronco fans on the Chiefsplanet after it happens.

100 threads before the game
0 after

ahhh, shit....thanks, you made my day :thumb:

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Again, you deflect. We're not talking about the Chiefs here.

TJ's statement is that the Broncos have accomplished something to build on this year. The sad truth is that they have done no such thing, and against good teams they've progressively gotten worse and worse over the last three years.

Of course there's one constant in all this, but I leave that to Donk fans to decide for themselves.

Not deflecting ... just asking for something to compare your statement with, that is all.

Denver built upon the team, not necessarily the record, from 2003. I think that the 2004 team is an all-around better team than 2003... so, they improved.

Record wise... no, they did not. Overall, they were top 10 in both total offense and defense in 2003. They were top 5 in both total offense and defense in 2004... that is improvement.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 08:06 AM
ROFL

I almost didn't click on this thread because I knew I'd never stop laughing.

I was right.

ROFL

The only thing more predictable then the Broncos losing is the silence of Bronco fans on the Chiefsplanet after it happens.

100 threads before the game
0 after

ahhh, shit....thanks, you made my day :thumb:

There is one thing that is just as predictable... if Denver wins, the threads by KC fans screaming foul will be plentiful.

stumppy
01-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Donco fans are sufferining from lottery ticket euphoria. Those day dreams all come crashing down with the drawing and the realization that you never really had a chance to begin with.

King_Chief_Fan
01-05-2005, 08:11 AM

What if the Chiefs fans here told you to stick it up your ass?
We see what you are trying to do here, not falling for it.

ROYC75
01-05-2005, 08:14 AM

ROFL Back on the bottle again TJ ? Or is it another dream you had ?

Remember not winning it all is a Colossial Failure !

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Donco fans are sufferining from lottery ticket euphoria. Those day dreams all come crashing down with the drawing and the realization that you never really had a chance to begin with.

Thought it was 'Chiefs Fan Euphoria'...

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Thought it was 'Chiefs Fan Euphoria'...

Wow...that was a knee slapper. :rolleyes:

Rukdafaidas
01-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Contrary to the others here at the Planet, I believe Shanahan can coach a team to a win anytime, anywhere. I will be just as thrilled the day Shanahan leaves as I was when Elway and Sharpe retired. I believe he's the number one reason the Broncos can even get a sniff of the playoffs. Any coach that can take the scrubs that Denver has on offense and finish 3rd in total yards is one hell of a coach. He knows how to attack opposing team's weaknesses better than any other coach I've seen.

the Talking Can
01-05-2005, 08:20 AM
There is one thing that is just as predictable... if Denver wins, the threads by KC fans screaming foul will be plentiful.

your smack is awesome...really

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 08:21 AM
your smack is awesome...really

I'm pacing myself...

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Contrary to the others here at the Planet, I believe Shanahan can coach a team to a win anytime, anywhere. I will be just as thrilled the day Shanahan leaves as I was when Elway and Sharpe retired. I believe he's the number one reason the Broncos can even get a sniff of the playoffs. Any coach that can take the scrubs that Denver has on offense and finish 3rd in total yards is one hell of a coach. He knows how to attack opposing team's weaknesses better than any other coach I've seen.

Is that why that great KC defense held his team to 17 points?

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 08:24 AM

not exactly, KC got up 14-0 and took them out of their gameplan. It's the only way KC can dominate games.

stumppy
01-05-2005, 08:25 AM
I'm pacing myself...

I didn't think you were peaking with that lame attempt.:D

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 08:26 AM
not exactly, KC got up 14-0 and took them out of their gameplan. It's the only way KC can dominate games.

The Chiefs were up 14-7 and The Rat had his chance to tie. His brightest pupil blew it, though.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 08:26 AM

Any given week ... any team can win. How else do you explain the Dolphins beating the Patriots. It has been said often that when KC/Denver play... records are meaningless, as both teams could win in most any meeting.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Any given week ... any team can win. How else do you explain the Dolphins beating the Patriots. It has been said often that when KC/Denver play... records are meaningless, as both teams could win in most any meeting.

God you're annoying.

digi2fish
01-05-2005, 08:29 AM
can you anybody tape the game?
it's gonna be fun.
ROFL

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 08:31 AM
God you're annoying.

ROFL Pot-Kettle.

Put me on ignore then, I wish I could be annoyed by a rational thought from Spring, Texas.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-05-2005, 08:33 AM
just making the playoffs this year for the second time in a row after such an ugly drought is something we can build on and be proud of...

Yea right......just like no one ever gives us shit for having such a long playoff drought without a win. When you don't win you're a loser.... and you're a loser.

RedNeckRaider
01-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Any given week ... any team can win. How else do you explain the Dolphins beating the Patriots. It has been said often that when KC/Denver play... records are meaningless, as both teams could win in most any meeting.The one thing Denver has going is they have nothing to lose and everything to win. There is much more pressure on Peyton and company. That said I don't see Denver winning, but one never knows. It would not be biggest upset, but it would be a big one.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 08:38 AM
ROFL Pot-Kettle.

Put me on ignore then, I wish I could be annoyed by a rational thought from Spring, Texas.

Nah, I won't put you on ignore. You're like Mini-Taco.

Cochise
01-05-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm not worried about this.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Nah, I won't put you on ignore. You're like Mini-Taco.

Ha ... not even close, goat boy. We cheer for the same team, share similar views but we have much different styles. I have no issues at all with Taco. Sometimes I question the approach, but every time he goes a li'l whacky, you can count on 10 pages of replies. That's the desired goal.

Seriously though... put me on ignore, that would rock.

Cochise
01-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Ha ... not even close, goat boy. We cheer for the same team, share similar views but we have much different styles. I have no issues at all with Taco. Sometimes I question the approach, but every time he goes a li'l whacky, you can count on 10 pages of replies. That's the desired goal.

Come on dude, take him over to the mange full-time. You can have him for free. We tried putting him in a cardboard box in front of Safeway but no one would take him. He'll scare the other trolls away and doesn't crap on the floor all that often.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 09:12 AM

I wasn't comparing your style to Taco at all...simply your team affiliation and ever-present nature.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Come on dude, take him over to the mange full-time. You can have him for free. We tried putting him in a cardboard box in front of Safeway but no one would take him. He'll scare the other trolls away and doesn't crap on the floor all that often.

Do this ... provide 6-months of food, and I'll deliver him to the Mane for a trial basis.

Count Alex's Losses
01-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Do this ... provide 6-months of food, and I'll deliver him to the Mane for a trial basis.

I've been at the Mane for months now...so I don't know WTF you're talking about.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 09:30 AM
I've been at the Mane for months now...so I don't know WTF you're talking about.

Dude... just playing along with Cochise's joke.. chill out.

mlyonsd
01-05-2005, 11:18 AM
As much as I dislike the donkeys I must say it would bring a smile to my face to see that stupid smirky grin of Manning's wiped off.

Bearcat
01-05-2005, 12:01 PM

The low-expectation games are pretty nice, because like you said, the high after the win would be great, while the low after the loss wouldn't be that low. That said, I don't see much in making the playoffs two years in a row, or building on that fact... the NFL just isn't like that.

MikeTheWildcat
01-05-2005, 12:06 PM
"What if we win" Taco John

I don't think Denver has much of a chance. The question is how many INT's will Plummer throw? He has to play a near perfect game, if he starts throwing INT's is over for Denver.

Taco John
01-05-2005, 12:19 PM
The low-expectation games are pretty nice, because like you said, the high after the win would be great, while the low after the loss wouldn't be that low. That said, I don't see much in making the playoffs two years in a row, or building on that fact... the NFL just isn't like that.

Well... The playoff drought took its toll on me. I felt like a celberity's ex-wife for awhile: I had become "accustomed" to certain things, and routinely making the playoffs was one of them. I am honestly just satisfied that we're in it again. Any wins at this point is gravy.

If we somehow manage to beat Indy, I expect that Pittsburgh is going to close the door on us. But one win would be sweet!

Bearcat
01-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Well... The playoff drought took its toll on me. I felt like a celberity's ex-wife for awhile: I had become "accustomed" to certain things, and routinely making the playoffs was one of them. I am honestly just satisfied that we're in it again. Any wins at this point is gravy.

If we somehow manage to beat Indy, I expect that Pittsburgh is going to close the door on us. But one win would be sweet!

I know the feeling..... from '98-'02, I had really missed losing our first playoff game with HFA throughout. It becomes a part of you.

StcChief
01-05-2005, 12:32 PM
As much as I dislike the donkeys I must say it would bring a smile to my face to see that stupid smirky grin of Manning's wiped off.

Agreed. Another overachieving QB without a Defense.

But then Donkos lose the following week away.

Iowanian
01-05-2005, 02:53 PM
I kind of hope to see Freeney diving on the back of Trezelle Foster's ankle as he jogs watching the play run the other way..........and maybe a cheap shot by a Colts Safety on Plummer or smith.

That would be Justice....that and the Colts beating Dumbear by 5TDs, only to lose the following week, as par.

Skip Towne
01-05-2005, 03:15 PM

If they don't beat the Colts, the Donkeys are colossal failures.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 04:02 PM
"What if we win" Taco John

I don't think Denver has much of a chance. The question is how many INT's will Plummer throw? He has to play a near perfect game, if he starts throwing INT's is over for Denver.

It's not all just Plummer. Yes, he needs to have one of his better games... we need to 'good Jake' to give 'bad Jake' some sleeping pills.

My main concern is defense. Pressuring Manning, containing James and getting Bailey to be the guy they made the Portis trade for and the other guys in the secondary to raise their level of play.

I have more fears about Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, Clark and Pollard doing their thing and Bailey and them trying to stop them than anything related to Plummer.

The Denver offense can and should have success against that Colts' defense, they're just not that good at all defensively. The key is the Denver defense keeping the Colts' scoring low early.

Big task, but Bailey and that Defense are more pivotal than Jake in winning this game.

Calcountry
01-05-2005, 04:12 PM
From what you said last year.. It doesnt matter until you win one... Come back, when that happens... remember only getting to the super bowl counts..
ROFL Rep

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 04:16 PM
I just hope they win... if for nothing else it removes the "haven't won since Elway" remark from your* bag of retorts.

*the use of 'your' isn't directed at any specific person, just directed towards the masses who have used this repy... :)

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Allways good to get in to the BB in the AM and find a bronco homer thread at the top of Chiefsplanet. If Teej wants to circle jerk, do it with the homers at the mange.

Yeah, what he said! :clap:

2bikemike
01-09-2005, 01:48 PM

Just thought I would bump this.

Taco the Dreamer is having his dream shattered today.

2bikemike
01-09-2005, 01:49 PM
I just hope they win... if for nothing else it removes the "haven't won since Elway" remark from your* bag of retorts.

*the use of 'your' isn't directed at any specific person, just directed towards the masses who have used this repy... :)

Looks like the "haven't won since Elway" remark is still in the Bag of retorts.

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 01:50 PM
If they don't beat the Colts, the Donkeys are colossal failures.

bingo.....the Denver Choke Artists, with Faux-Elway as their leader

TRR
01-09-2005, 02:11 PM
You didn't actually thought you'd win did you? I would rather not go to the playoffs than preform like this in the 1st round of the playoffs.

KCWolfman
01-09-2005, 02:46 PM
I think I pulled a stomach muscle by laughing too much.

PastorMikH
01-09-2005, 03:09 PM
ROFL

I'll bet this is one of those threads that makes Taco wish users could delete their own threads.

CanadaKC
01-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Taco John = Peter King

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Taco John = Peter King

I wonder how the crow is tastin..........

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Jake Plummber = Elvis Grbac

The Bad Guy
01-09-2005, 03:19 PM
I've said it once, I'll say it again. I would rather not make the playoffs then be embarrased like the Broncos were today and last year.

Shannon Sharpe.."You need a lot more than Champ Bailey on the Broncos."

Lets see..8 more points this year over last year with your 'pro bowl secondary'.

Tell me again how you can play with any team in the league so I can laugh at you.

2bikemike
01-09-2005, 03:19 PM
ROFL

I'll bet this is one of those threads that makes Taco wish users could delete their own threads.

I was afraid I wouldn't find it. I didn't realize there was a setting preventing me from going back farther than 2 days worth of threads.

Rausch
01-09-2005, 03:22 PM

Oh, you still haven't won since Elway...

And, ugh...This loss might have been worse than last year's.... :shake:

FloridaChief
01-09-2005, 03:22 PM
I've said it once, I'll say it again. I would rather not make the playoffs then be embarrased like the Broncos were today and last year.

Shannon Sharpe.."You need a lot more than Champ Bailey on the Broncos."

Lets see..8 more points this year over last year with your 'pro bowl secondary'.

Tell me again how you can play with any team in the league so I can laugh at you.

Are you kidding? This was just a small bump in the road to the Broncos Super Bowl, right?

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Just another Taco, open mouth insert foot (or Shanarat dick in this case) thread.

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Just another Taco, open mouth insert foot (or Shanarat dick in this case) thread.

Chiefs defense is far superior to this unit if you want to go by the numbers against the Colts, ha ha ha, they need to make some more high profile trades!

Calcountry
01-10-2005, 03:58 PM
ROFL Rep
Bump for Taco shit.

BIG_DADDY
01-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Bump LOL

the Talking Can
01-10-2005, 06:22 PM
satisfying

ROYC75
01-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Looks like that " if " ran out of fuel before it got started !

Calcountry
01-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Bump

Bearcat
01-11-2005, 12:23 PM

How?

He started with "I already know how unlikely it is that we will be able to go in there and beat the red hot Colts in their house" :shrug: