PDA

View Full Version : Posnanski: Will Peterson ride off with Vermeil next year?

DaWolf
01-05-2005, 07:08 AM
Will Peterson ride off with Vermeil next year?

JOE POSNANSKI

Well, this season's wrap-up press conference was not half as interesting as last season's — probably because Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil did not spend his time challenging the manhood of every person in the room.

Remember that? Defensive coordinator Greg Robinson had tearfully resigned, leaving Vermeil to rant and rave like it was an episode of “The A-Team.” You expected that at any moment, Vermeil would say, “I pity the fool who knocks our team.”

This year's press conference was not as entertaining. In fact, it was fantastically boring. Vermeil spent the first, I don't know, seven or eight hours going over injuries. Then, he recapped the offensive achievements of this year's 7-9 Chiefs (This presentation went along with a rather bulky press release titled, “Chiefs 2004 Accomplishments,” which included such accomplishments as, “Most kickoff returns in team history!”). This went on for nine days.

There were, however, a few interesting nuggets. For instance, Vermeil announced that next year will be his last as Chiefs coach. Well, he didn't exactly “announce” it — he sort of mumbled it between tributes to the Chiefs' offense. Still, if you listened carefully, he admitted that he told the assistant coaches that this coming season will be his last.

This isn't a surprise, of course. Most people figured Vermeil would retire after next season. He will turn 69, and it's the last year of his contract, and you get the sense that he's just about had enough coaching.

Still, his announcement led to a curious statement by Chiefs president and general manager Carl Peterson. I asked Peterson if he felt any special urgency to improve the defense this off-season, you know, with his good friend Dick Vermeil about to coach his last season, with the Chiefs' high-scoring offense aging rapidly, and so on.

Peterson smiled a little. And here is what he said: “Let me put it this way: Everyone in this organization, and this includes the president and general manager, is going into the last year of a contract.”

And that's all he said.

You know what? I think this just might be the last time around for Carl Peterson as the CEO, president, general manager, czar and grand poobah of the Chiefs.

Now, let's be clear here: Peterson didn't say that he was considering, pondering, musing or even dreaming about retirement. And it's very possible I'm reading way too much into what he did say.

Still, let's look at some facts. First, Peterson's longtime friend and mentor Dick Vermeil will be leaving. Peterson brought Vermeil to Kansas City to win a Super Bowl — nothing more, nothing less. Most people who know Peterson figured he would leave with Vermeil. I always suspected that Peterson imagined holding that Super Bowl trophy and walking off into the fog with Dick Vermeil, not unlike the ending of “Casablanca.”

Second, Peterson is no kid himself. He will be 62 this year, and that's not just a regular 62. That's 62 in GM years, which is like dog years. He's been general manager of the same team longer than anyone else in professional sports. It's a wearing, draining, exhausting job. You can't do it forever.

Third, the Chiefs in the next couple of years are going to change dramatically. Will Shields and Willie Roaf have been in the league 12 years, Trent Green just finished his 11th season, the starting receivers are in their 30s, Priest Holmes is coming off another significant injury. You wonder if Peterson, after all these years, wants to start over. I think not.

Yes, I think that Peterson was at least hinting about retirement. And I think he would like to retire on top — he still does have that vision of riding off into the sunset with Vermeil.

That, as much as anything, should make this offseason fascinating. More often than not — as fans of all kinds will tell you — the Chiefs have taken a, well, let's call it “conservative approach” with free agency and the draft and so on.

Well, I think this offseason might be a little different. Tuesday, Peterson said this team will do “everything we can to get better.” He talked about getting an impact player in the draft. He actually said that the Chiefs will have some good money to spend under the salary cap — come on; Peterson NEVER talks like that.

Yes, I think something is up. Peterson has a little bit of gambler in him — remember, he is the guy who brought the aging Joe Montana and Marcus Allen to Kansas City in an effort to push the team over the top. It didn't quite work, but it was an effort.

I think Peterson is ready to do something like that for the defense this year. He knows this team is running out of time. The coach is leaving. The offense may have led the NFL in total offense this year (after leading the NFL in scoring the last two years), but it can't score forever. I think Carl Peterson might know that this is his very last chance to bring that Super Bowl to founder Lamar Hunt and Kansas City.

Hey, I could be way off here. But I think this could be a very interesting offseason.

Then again, Peterson did also reiterate how he prefers to re-sign Chiefs players rather than go out and get free agents. So, I suppose it's possible the Chiefs' big move this offseason will be to re-sign Freddie Jones. That wouldn't be very interesting.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10565899.htm

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 07:15 AM
You know what? I think this just might be the last time around for Carl Peterson as the CEO, president, general manager, czar and grand poobah of the Chiefs.

I actually cant wait for this to happen...the genious (chiefsplanet spelling) immunity idol will have been destoryed.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 07:20 AM
"...the Chiefs in the next couple of years are going to change dramatically. Will Shields and Willie Roaf have been in the league 12 years, Trent Green just finished his 11th season, the starting receivers are in their 30s, Priest Holmes is coming off another significant injury. You wonder if Peterson, after all these years, wants to start over. I think not."

How big is the window of opportunity with this team?

It sounds like they could have an offseason of wild spending in a last ditch effort to win it all... either way, it sounds like big changes going into 2006.

New GM, New Coach and Staff...

So is the theme for 2005 "Circle the Wagons" or "Last Hurrah"?

nmt1
01-05-2005, 07:24 AM
I actually cant wait for this to happen...the genious (chiefsplanet spelling) immunity idol will have been destoryed.

They'll just dig up another one.

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 07:26 AM
They'll just dig up another one.

Im very interested to see what it will be...it will be almost like Christmas for me.

morphius
01-05-2005, 07:30 AM
This is pretty much what I believed to be the case all along. Carl brought in the one guy he always wanted and a HC and if he isn't going to get it done in a 5 year plan with that guy, it just isn't going to happen.

After next season a lot of things are going to hurt, Shields, Roaf, Priest and maybe even TRich could all just call it quits and that is going to take some serious time to recover from.

nmt1
01-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Im very interested to see what it will be...it will be almost like Christmas for me.

I'm betting on the new GM because he won't hire the Genious annointed coach, he won't sign the Genious annointed free agents, and he won't draft the Genious annointed players.
I can hear it now..."This guy is no different than Carl...this guy needs to go."

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 07:46 AM
[How big is the window of opportunity with this team?

It sounds like they could have an offseason of wild spending in a last ditch effort to win it all... either way, it sounds like big changes going into 2006.

New GM, New Coach and Staff...

So is the theme for 2005 "Circle the Wagons" or "Last Hurrah"?[/QUOTE]

It is going to be the same as always: Beat the crapt out of the Donkeys and Faiders!

ChiTown
01-05-2005, 07:49 AM

Hopefully, it will be somebody that has a better rolling 5 yr (times 3 +2) plan the Carl had.......... :)

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Hopefully, it will be somebody that has a better rolling 5 yr (times 3 +2) plan the Carl had.......... :)

What I hope for is a GM that goes Snyder annually playing 'madden/fantasy' football with the team giving the true fans everything they desire and see how it pans out.

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 07:58 AM
What I hope for is a GM that goes Snyder annually playing 'madden/fantasy' football with the team giving the true fans everything they desire and see how it pans out.

How has that worked out for Snyder?

ChiTown
01-05-2005, 07:58 AM

:evil:

You're a berry, berry baad man Titus, berry baad.......

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 08:00 AM
How has that worked out for Snyder?

Stick around...come March, he will be the poster boy for what 'KC should have done and didnt'.

With the search feature disabled, I cant point to the threads from last March...

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 08:00 AM
:evil:

You're a berry, berry baad man Titus, berry baad.......

:D

Otter
01-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Ya, know be free agent busts, poor drafting, offensive scheme, defensive scheme, lack of talent evaluation, no feature half back, no wide receivers, San Francisco rejects at QB (no Joe is not in this group :mad: ), the special teams coach having naked pics of the GM, a head coach who embaresss himslef during every press conference or whatever...

The bottom line is that there IS somthing wrong with an organization that has not been able to win a playoff game for 15 (15???) years let alone reach a super bowl in over 30.

The only constant during much of that time was Peterson and his staff.

I welcome change be it for better or worse. Hopefully with change we'll succeed and start to win the big games. But even if they fail miserably maybe the team will actually start over from QB up instead of this mundane quagmire the team has been stuck in for the last million years.

I welcome it and will help him pack up.

shaneo69
01-05-2005, 08:05 AM
I think it'll be pretty funny around here in 2006 when the role reversal takes place and nmt1 and Titus are bashing every move the GM makes because there's no way CP's successor will be as great as King Carl.

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Stick around...come March, he will be the poster boy for what 'KC should have done and didnt'.

With the search feature disabled, I cant point to the threads from last March...

My opinion is that KC has "been there and done that" and it did not work either. I think Snyder is the absolute joke of the NFL. I truly feel like the path that the Chiefs have been on the last four years is the correct one. Just my opinion though. Only twice in the last four years has this team been an embarrassment, and one of them was last Sunday.

Bob Dole
01-05-2005, 08:07 AM
If Peterson has decided that next season will be his last, then we should be in for a crazy off-season full of free agent acquisitions with back-loaded contracts.

Why not? CP won't be around to deal with the resulting Cap Hell down the road.

chiefsfolife
01-05-2005, 08:08 AM
like the faiders? f#ck that

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 08:12 AM
I think it'll be pretty funny around here in 2006 when the role reversal takes place and nmt1 and Titus are bashing every move the GM makes because there's no way CP's successor will be as great as King Carl.

You'll be waiting for a very long time to laugh. I dont bash the FO for one reason. They have the job, I dont.

Please carry on...

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Ya, know be free agent busts, poor drafting, offensive scheme, defensive scheme, lack of talent evaluation, no feature half back, no wide receivers, San Francisco rejects at QB (no Joe is not in this group :mad: ), the special teams coach having naked pics of the GM, a head coach who embaresss himslef during every press conference or whatever...

The bottom line is that there IS somthing wrong with an organization that has not been able to win a playoff game for 15 (15???) years let alone reach a super bowl in over 30.

The only constant during much of that time was Peterson and his staff.

I welcome change be it for better or worse. Hopefully with change we'll succeed and start to win the big games. But even if they fail miserably maybe the team will actually start over from QB up instead of this mundane quagmire the team has been stuck in for the last million years.

I welcome it and will help him pack up.

Otter sees the light at the end of the tunnel...he's hoping for the next Todd Blackledge in the 2006 draft.

ChiTown
01-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Otter sees the light at the end of the tunnel...he's hoping for the next Todd Blackledge in the 2006 draft.

I'll never forgive Peterson for that one.........

;)

nmt1
01-05-2005, 08:23 AM

I'll say ditto to what KCTitus said. They have the job and I think it's laughable that someone who "played a little ball in high school" thinks they could do better.

Otter
01-05-2005, 08:24 AM

But Peterson won't be here to draft Blackledge... :D

ChiTown
01-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I'll say ditto to what KCTitus said. .....

That's a bit redundant to even mention that, isn't it?
:)

(just kidding)

nmt1
01-05-2005, 08:27 AM
That's a bit redundant to even mention that, isn't it?
:)

(just kidding)

I prefer to think of it as agreement, not redundancy.

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 08:31 AM
But Peterson won't be here to draft Blackledge... :D

Yes, thank the Lord for that right? :thumb:

ChiTown
01-05-2005, 08:33 AM
I prefer to think of it as agreement, not redundancy.

I see the subtlety of my humor did not come across.............

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Yes, thank the Lord for that right? :thumb:

I thought Jack Steadman drafted Todd Blackledge, before CP time?

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 08:46 AM
I thought Jack Steadman drafted Todd Blackledge, before CP time?

You're new so I should tell you that's a long running joke here.

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 08:55 AM
You're new so I should tell you that's a long running joke here.
Thanks, sorry for being ignorant and serious.

htismaqe
01-05-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm ready for Carl to go.

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 09:00 AM

no sweat...as you've probably noticed there are many things that are recited as fact about the past that are either totally untrue or embelished because they have been repeated so many times.

In an effort to confirm my theory, I began the Carl drafted Blackledge thing about 3-4 years ago. Im hoping some day someone actually recites it as fact. It will help if CP leaves and another GM comes in.

shaneo69
01-05-2005, 09:01 AM
I'm ready for Carl to go.

If Peterson would just grow a pair and force Vermiel to make the obvious changes that anyone without blinders can see, then we might have a chance at success.

In every interview I read from Peterson, he says the same things that most planeteers here have said. Then Vermiel says some BS about how he doesn't have anyone singled out to be gone, and they just have to do a better job of coaching. And then of course, Vermiel seems to get his way, and we end up sucking again.

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 09:02 AM
no sweat...as you've probably noticed there are many things that are recited as fact about the past that are either totally untrue or embelished because they have been repeated so many times.

In an effort to confirm my theory, I began the Carl drafted Blackledge thing about 3-4 years ago. Im hoping some day someone actually recites it as fact. It will help if CP leaves and another GM comes in.

Yeah, the Blackledge thing should do it, that is one of the most bitter memories I have as a chief fan. It was like reaching into a barrel full of tits and pulling out a dick!

ptlyon
01-05-2005, 09:04 AM

perhaps as part of the registering process we should have the Lexicon and various known jokes like that one come up on an "agree with contract" page.

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 09:07 AM
...It was like reaching into a barrel full of tits and pulling out a dick!

OMG...that was funny.

Yeah, it was bad...that was the first draft I can remember following with some interest because it was the 'year of the QB' and KC got the turd of the pile.

KCTitus
01-05-2005, 09:08 AM
perhaps as part of the registering process we should have the Lexicon and various known jokes like that one come up on an "agree with contract" page.

That wouldnt work...no one reads that stuff anyway.

ptlyon
01-05-2005, 09:12 AM
That wouldnt work...no one reads that stuff anyway.

Not even if we had a :titus: on there?

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 09:18 AM
OMG...that was funny.

Yeah, it was bad...that was the first draft I can remember following with some interest because it was the 'year of the QB' and KC got the turd of the pile.

I have heard since that Shula and his boys were spreading rumors about Marino so he would drop down to the Dolphins. Not sure if there was any truth to it but there has to be something to justify that kind of a mistake.

ptlyon
01-05-2005, 09:19 AM
I have heard since that Shula and his boys were spreading rumors about Marino so he would drop down to the Dolphins. Not sure if there was any truth to it but there has to be something to justify that kind of a mistake.

He was injured his senior year, IIRC

Otter
01-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Yeah, the Blackledge thing should do it, that is one of the most bitter memories I have as a chief fan. It was like reaching into a barrel full of tits and pulling out a dick!

That just gave me a very disturbing visual. :deevee:

NewChief
01-05-2005, 09:42 AM

Just know that usually any football post Titus makes is some kind of subterfuge or duplicity aimed at making the CP geniouses look stoopid. If you want him to get serious and talk straight, you gotta venture over into the DC forum.

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Just know that usually any football post Titus makes is some kind of subterfuge or duplicity aimed at making the CP geniouses look stoopid. If you want him to get serious and talk straight, you gotta venture over into the DC forum.

Thanks for the help. :thumb: Actually I have found most of Titus's posts very good and enlightening. I went over to that DC forum a couple of times and it all about Politics and bottled water and crapt like that. Maybe I went to the wrong place. I can get that anywhere. I have arrived here for Chiefs interaction. I am still learning my way round, Thanks again!

go bowe
01-05-2005, 11:09 AM

In an effort to confirm my theory, I began the Carl drafted Blackledge thing about 3-4 years ago. Im hoping some day someone actually recites it as fact. It will help if CP leaves and another GM comes in.i don't understand...

i thought everybody knew that carl did in fact draft blackledge... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

HemiEd
01-05-2005, 01:48 PM
i don't understand...

i thought everybody knew that carl did in fact draft blackledge... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

Evidently Titus's program is working, I have no authority mess with it, I am a "NOOB".

Mr. Laz
01-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Will Peterson ride off with Vermeil next year?

i highly doubt it ... he's riding a money train

how many NFL GM's dont have to win to keep their job?

and the NFL is set up financially to make the CEO/President part of his job pretty simple.

he's golden

i look for him to continue to screw the fans for several more years.

ck_IN
01-05-2005, 03:03 PM
<i>he still does have that vision of riding off into the sunset with Vermeil.</i>

If we all chip in and buy them horses do you think we can speed the process up by a year? :hmmm:

milkman
01-05-2005, 08:48 PM
<i>he still does have that vision of riding off into the sunset with Vermeil.</i>

If we all chip in and buy them horses do you think we can speed the process up by a year? :hmmm:

No.
But if you want to buy horses, and have them tied to them and dragged out by the gonads, I'll gladly chip in for that.

BigChiefFan
01-06-2005, 10:48 AM
i highly doubt it ... he's riding a money train

how many NFL GM's dont have to win to keep their job?

and the NFL is set up financially to make the CEO/President part of his job pretty simple.

he's golden

i look for him to continue to screw the fans for several more years.

After hearing Carl's recent comments, I believe you are right. More horseshit straight from carl's mouth. He's an untouchable.

htismaqe
01-06-2005, 11:17 AM
No.
But if you want to buy horses, and have them tied to them and dragged out by the gonads, I'll gladly chip in for that.

I'll chip in for that. Hell, I'll raid the kids' college fund for that.

BigChiefFan
01-06-2005, 11:22 AM
After hearing how the 49ers just shit-canned Erickson and Donahoe and are eating all that money for a bad performance and seeing how we still have King Carla, I've all but given up on the team. 16 years and counting and how some can still defend the man is beyond me. This is like a bad twilight zone episode.

ck_IN
01-06-2005, 11:32 AM
And there lies the difference.

San Fran saw a situation that they viewed as intollerable. They dropped their HC and GM because they saw both as a losing propisition. We on the other hand have maintained our losing equation for over a decade and actually made it worse when we brought in a crony of the head loser.

That's one reason why San Fran has multiple trophies and we have 1.

Brock
01-06-2005, 11:37 AM
That's one reason why San Fran has multiple trophies and we have 1.

We'll see if they really are smart when we see who the replacements are. They were stupid to fire Mariucci, and they haven't done squat since then.

ck_IN
01-06-2005, 11:48 AM
That's correct Brock. What possesed them to drop Mooch and hire Erickson is beyond me. Weren't they paying attention when Erickson was in Seattle?

But the point is they're at least attempting to fix a problem. We're just masking ours. They're in the 12 step program, we're in denial.

Otter
01-06-2005, 11:53 AM
We'll see if they really are smart when we see who the replacements are. They were stupid to fire Mariucci, and they haven't done squat since then.

Difference between Chiefs and 49ers: 49ers are trying to resolve the problem.

I don't know about you guys but when I'm given a project to complete it's expected to get done or they find someone else who can do the job.

He's had 16 years to get his project done.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 11:58 AM
The 49ers dont have a fuggin clue what they are doing as evidenced by signing Erickson in the first place. They've got cap trouble and no talent and the first overall pick, the only way they can go is up--they really cant get any lower.

It's not like they're coming off a 13-3 season and required a couple of high priced FA busts or anything.

Otter
01-06-2005, 12:05 PM
The 49ers dont have a fuggin clue what they are doing as evidenced by signing Erickson in the first place. They've got cap trouble and no talent and the first overall pick, the only way they can go is up--they really cant get any lower.

It's not like they're coming off a 13-3 season and required a couple of high priced FA busts or anything.

Haha, pretend one of us just said that about the Chiefs and gauge your response.

Just out of curiosity, when is it OK for a fan to expect change?

Mr. Laz
01-06-2005, 12:11 PM
when is it OK for a fan to expect change?

never ... fans are idiot sheep who need to just sit the fvck down and shut the fvck up.

be grateful that they have a team in the first place

you should be smart enough to know to worship that GAWD that is Carl Peterson.

Cannibal
01-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Titus is a Peterson whore. Why? I don't know. But it never fails, if there is a thread about Peterson, Titus is on it defending him to no end.

I think he wants to steal his chili.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Haha, pretend one of us just said that about the Chiefs and gauge your response.

Just out of curiosity, when is it OK for a fan to expect change?

People around here act as if SF is doing something noble. Feh, they shouldnt have fired Mariucci for Erickson in the first place...now that the franchise is totally decimated, yeah, it's probably a good thing to start over.

KC was coming off a 13-3 season and needed to make changes to their defensive personnel, they didnt and suffered for it.

The two situations are wholly different.

Sorry, I dont ascribe to the Synder method of NFL managing. I know most here would prefer it, but I dont see it working all that great.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:20 PM
never ... fans are idiot sheep who need to just sit the fvck down and shut the fvck up.

be grateful that they have a team in the first place

you should be smart enough to know to worship that GAWD that is Carl Peterson.

The day you can actually produce a quote of me saying anything like that, is the day I leave this BB...until then I will continue to afflict you with a case or redass for talking from your a$$ on things you have zero clue about.

have a nice day.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Titus is a Peterson whore. Why? I don't know. But it never fails, if there is a thread about Peterson, Titus is on it defending him to no end.

I think he wants to steal his chili.

You should stick to labia/dick jokes...you do much better at that.

It has nothing to do with Peterson...it has everything to do with the difference between the guys in the front office and the guys sitting at their KB's claiming to 'know' better.

You want to shut me up, get a job in KC's FO, until then make sure you dont talk crap and not expect me to shovel it back down your throat.

Cannibal
01-06-2005, 12:23 PM

It has nothing to do with Peterson...it has everything to do with the difference between the guys in the front office and the guys sitting at their KB's claiming to 'know' better.

You want to shut me up, get a job in KC's FO, until then make sure you dont talk crap and not expect me to shovel it back down your throat.

Bullsh!t. You love him. You ALWAYS defend him.

Otter
01-06-2005, 12:24 PM
People around here act as if SF is doing something noble. Feh, they shouldnt have fired Mariucci for Erickson in the first place...now that the franchise is totally decimated, yeah, it's probably a good thing to start over.

KC was coming off a 13-3 season and needed to make changes to their defensive personnel, they didnt and suffered for it.

The two situations are wholly different.

Sorry, I dont ascribe to the Synder method of NFL managing. I know most here would prefer it, but I dont see it working all that great.

I wasn't picking a fight, you're one of my favorite posters. Just wanted your input.

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 12:25 PM

Clearly, I know better than the FO! :harumph:

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Bullsh!t. You love him. You ALWAYS defend him.

When people who have no idea what they are talking about say things about the team that is nothing more than speculation and nonsense, I question it.

You like to call that defending the FO, so be it.

Cannibal
01-06-2005, 12:29 PM
When people who have no idea what they are talking about say things about the team that is nothing more than speculation and nonsense, I question it.

You like to call that defending the FO, so be it.

I don't call it defending the "FO", I call it defending Carl Peterson.

You'd probably cry your fuggin eyes out if he really left next year.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I wasn't picking a fight, you're one of my favorite posters. Just wanted your input.

NP...sorry, I had to mire though a couple of geniouses (chiefsplanet spelling) before I read yours.

Got no problems with expecting change at regular intervals and I know Ive explained my position before, but other than Marty's tenure, I think changes have been made on a fairly regular basis.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:31 PM
I don't call it defending the "FO", I call it defending Carl Peterson.

You'd probably cry your fuggin eyes out if he really left next year.

I find it ironic that you continue to display your cluelessness like a badge of honor and get mad at me for mentioning how large your clueless badge is...not sure what you want.

Ive actually explained that I welcome Peterson's leaving in the past. I wouldnt expect you to understand, I wrote it in words above the 3rd grade level.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Clearly, I know better than the FO! :harumph:

Clearly...

Cannibal
01-06-2005, 12:35 PM
I find it ironic that you continue to display your cluelessness like a badge of honor and get mad at me for mentioning how large your clueless badge is...not sure what you want.

Ive actually explained that I welcome Peterson's leaving in the past. I wouldnt expect you to understand, I wrote it in words above the 3rd grade level.

I certainly never saw that. Since you're the resident "archivist" would you mind producing the thread in which made the quote? It shouldn't take too long.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:41 PM
I certainly never saw that. Since you're the resident "archivist" would you mind producing the thread in which made the quote? It shouldn't take too long.

You dont want to believe it, and I dont really care to help.

*edit* Try reading this whole thread...that's a great start.

Cannibal
01-06-2005, 12:43 PM
You dont want to believe it, and I dont really care to help.

I guess that answers my question.

Keep licking that Peterson bunghole.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:44 PM
I guess that answers my question.

Keep licking that Peterson bunghole.

You havent read this thread have you? My God it's really too easy to make you look the fool. Nice work, though.

Cannibal
01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
You havent read this thread have you? My God it's really too easy to make you look the fool. Nice work, though.

mmm... Peterson bunghole... mmm... !

ROFL

Otter
01-06-2005, 12:50 PM
NP...sorry, I had to mire though a couple of geniouses (chiefsplanet spelling) before I read yours.

Got no problems with expecting change at regular intervals and I know Ive explained my position before, but other than Marty's tenure, I think changes have been made on a fairly regular basis.
Now I feel like a softie.

Where's Taco? %(/

:D

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:52 PM
mmm... Peterson bunghole... mmm... !

ROFL

There you go, you got back into what you excel at...nothing more than epithets, it's all you have at this point.

Cannibal
01-06-2005, 12:56 PM
There you go, you got back into what you excel at...nothing more than epithets, it's all you have at this point.

We know you love it. If some of these posters didn't know before, they certainly do now.

You've got a Peterson chocolate ring around your mouth.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:57 PM
We know you love it. If some of these posters didn't know before, they certainly do now.

LOL...dance jester, dance!

go bowe
01-06-2005, 01:59 PM
LOL...dance jester, dance!:jester: :jester: :jester: PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

tk13
01-06-2005, 02:09 PM
There are plenty of organizations in the league who are run better than the Chiefs, but comparing us to the 49ers and trying to paint them as any kind of a model franchise for us is a complete joke, is it not? This was the worst team in the league last season, by their own doing no less... getting rid of a good coach and their two best offensive players and putting themselves in a horrendous amount of cap hell. Yeah, I want to be just like them, hold on while I paint the white area in my arrowhead logos yellow so I can feel more forty-ninerish.

Brock
01-06-2005, 02:13 PM
There are plenty of organizations in the league who are run better than the Chiefs, but comparing us to the 49ers and trying to paint them as any kind of a model franchise for us is a complete joke, is it not? This was the worst team in the league last season, by their own doing no less... getting rid of a good coach and their two best offensive players and putting themselves in a horrendous amount of cap hell. Yeah, I want to be just like them, hold on while I paint the white area in my arrowhead logos yellow so I can feel more forty-ninerish.

True. They've been a joke since Ed Debartolo was forced to hand the team over to his sister, and really, they've been on the decline since the salary cap was implemented and they couldn't just outspend everyone.

go bowe
01-06-2005, 02:13 PM
. . . hold on while I paint the white area . . . yellow. . .i'm not even gonna ask what you use for a paintbrush... :shake: :shake: :shake:

CanadaKC
01-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Truthfully...I think Peterson has run his course with this franchise. He's had more than enough time to get things right...and he seems to have lulled himself into a false sense of security. That being said...I agree it's no co-incidence that he and Vermeil both have one year left on their respective contracts.
I also believe very strongly that his decision will totally depend on how the Chiefs do next season. As was mentioned earleir...Shields and Roaf are near the end of their careers...so too is Holmes and Green...all of our pro-bowl type players. Rebuiding is just around the corner...we will have too many holes to fill when they retire...and this on the heels of what we all expect to be a complete rebuilding of our defence already coming down the tracks. I don't know if this team can suceed with a complete overhaul of our defense co-inciding with the retirement of our offensive stars in 2006. One gets better...then the other gets worse.
We need both to be symbiotic in some way...and I just don't see that happening without focusing on rebuilding the team from players to management.

Mr. Laz
01-06-2005, 02:44 PM
I also believe very strongly that his decision will totally depend on how the Chiefs do next season.

well that's true...

If the team is in such a mess that it's about to implode i can see Carl running away.

but i still think the easy money is too much for carl to pass up

Iowanian
01-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm ready for Carl to move on to a life of Island hopping.

I'd hope the next Front office would look to raid the scouts and personell depts of NE and Balt.

I don't ask for much.........just admit where the obvious problems are(they'd be the ones that TK is even shouting about), and when a coaches only response when a player is torched for 3 years includes the words "but he works so hard"..................I want a GM that will step in front of the mic and say "he IS a hard worker, and thats why I have no qualms letting him use me as a reference, where I'm sure he'll work into shift management at Lowes Home Improvement"

Iowanian
01-06-2005, 02:51 PM

back off Cannibal..........Don't you talk to Rufus like that.

Mr. Laz
01-06-2005, 03:21 PM

ROFL ROFL :clap:

Cannibal
01-07-2005, 07:01 AM

ROFL

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 07:10 AM
ROFL