PDA

View Full Version : Better singer: Ashlee Simpson or Willam Hung

Fat Elvis
01-05-2005, 10:22 AM
My wife made the rather astute observation that William Hung has more tonal quality than Ashlee Simpson after viewing a clip of her "performance" last night. I tend to agree with her; what do you think?

Phobia
01-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Man, I don't know that I'd agree with that.

She's terrible, but she's as bad as WH.

Cochise
01-05-2005, 10:28 AM
I have seen her other times on other shows where she didn't sound bad. I dont like that type of music but she is not totally devoid of vocal ability. All 3 of the people sounded like sheet last night.

BTW glad we got a new AS thread... there werent any others! :p

Saulbadguy
01-05-2005, 10:30 AM
I'd still hit it.

Ashlee Simpson, that is.

seclark
01-05-2005, 10:30 AM
i prefer fingernails across a chalk board.
sec

Sure-Oz
01-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I'll take the blonde ashlee over william, they both make me laugh but she is eye candy!

go bowe
01-05-2005, 10:59 AM
shouldn't this be a poll?

i'd vote for william hung - at least he makes me laugh...

Thig Lyfe
01-05-2005, 11:03 AM
hung is a better singer, but ashlee is way hotter.

Calcountry
01-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Man, I don't know that I'd agree with that.

She's terrible, but she's as bad as WH.
She is worse, because WH is funny bad, she just is HORRIBLE to listen to.

Note to Ashlee: you did better on SNL when you tried to lip sink it, and then just walked off the stage, at least you spared the audience the pain.

Calcountry
01-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I'd still hit it.

Ashlee Simpson, that is.
As rough as her voice is, I might want to make sure I hit it on the correct area, if you know what I mean. ;)

Calcountry
01-05-2005, 11:08 AM

Yes, this thread is useless without a poll.

Frankie
01-05-2005, 11:10 AM
My wife made the rather astute observation that William Hung has more tonal quality than Ashlee Simpson after viewing a clip of her "performance" last night. I tend to agree with her; what do you think?

This morning on the tube they were running an audio of AS getting booed by her audience somewhere. I only caught the tail end of it. What was that all about?

Frankie
01-05-2005, 11:12 AM

The fact that he's Hung doesn't affect your vote, huh go bo? ;)

Frankie
01-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Yes, this thread is useless without a poll.
that would result in a 'Hung' jury.

HC_Chief
01-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Anyone have a link to her screaching haltime 'performance'? My wife actually likes that talentless hack and doesn't believe she sounded like cats humping last night (she obviously did not see/hear it).

gblowfish
01-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Note to self: Start negotiations for a Will Hung/Simpson duet album, covering Yoko Ono tunes!!!

Frankie
01-05-2005, 11:28 AM
This morning on the tube they were running an audio of AS getting booed by her audience somewhere. I only caught the tail end of it. What was that all about?

That was at half time? I didn't catch the halftime show.

Chiefnj
01-05-2005, 11:29 AM
http://www.local10.com/entertainment/4048912/detail.html

Frankie
01-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Note to self: Start negotiations for a Will Hung/Simpson duet album, covering Yoko Ono tunes!!!

You think it would still be illegal to download that crap? ROFL

listopencil
01-05-2005, 11:41 AM
The other day I was rushing out of the house to take the kids to school because I realised that I had to make a bowel movement right when they had to be driven. In my haste I fell down the porch steps, twisting my ankle and scraping my knee right through my blue jeans. As I started to slowly get up two of the local feral cats ran across my face in mid-catfight, scratching and clawing themselves as well as my face and kneck. I rolled quickly to my left while trying to stop the blood loss and assess the damages, but rolled onto a skateboard crotch first, left there by my forgetful children. I wish I had remembered as I stood seconds later ( amidst pain, frustration and the agony of unspent fecal matter) to belt out a showtune, or the latest pop-rock drivel, as I'm sure I could have done a spot-on perfect imitation of either singer.

HC_Chief
01-05-2005, 11:50 AM
<a href="http://mfile.akamai.com/12918/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2005/0105/4048936.200k.asx">Here's a good vid</a> of Ashlee's Orange Bowl Halftime 'performance'.... not to worry, it's short, and followed by the hilarious chorus of boos :D

ChiTown
01-05-2005, 11:53 AM
<a href="http://mfile.akamai.com/12918/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2005/0105/4048936.200k.asx">Here's a good vid</a> of Ashlee's Orange Bowl Halftime 'performance'.... not to worry, it's short, and followed by the hilarious chorus of boos :D

I've heard baby seals getting clubbed to death that sounded better. Geezus............

Thig Lyfe
01-05-2005, 11:54 AM
I've heard baby seals getting clubbed to death that sounded better. Geezus............

The boos were great...

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2005, 11:57 AM
The boos were great...

I agree, she was terrible. She doesn't have her sisters looks or voice.

ChiTown
01-05-2005, 11:59 AM
I agree, she was terrible. She doesn't have her sisters looks or voice.

Yeah, but she's got a pussy, and it's related to Jessie's......

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah, but she's got a pussy, and it's related to Jessie's......

Hitting her sister just one time is worth more than a lifetime of hitting Ashlee. "I don't want to be just like my sister" WTF was she thinking?

ChiTown
01-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Hitting her sister just one time is worth more than a lifetime of hitting Ashlee. "I don't want to be just like my sister" WTF was she thinking?

Ashlee has the curves of a 10 year old boy. No thankee.

Baby Lee
01-05-2005, 12:09 PM
I dunno, sticking it to the jay-vee sister just might result in additional effort to please you.
Dream Scenario - If she can't be the prettiest, and she can't be the most talented, she's gonna show you things in the boudior that'll curl your nose hairs.

jcroft
01-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Not to go into former music major mode, but when William Hung sings something within his range, he's really not that bad. He generally sings in tune (again, within his range), and has respectable time. He, of course, sounds hilarious because he's not American and his accent is so thick. Plus, his dancing is a riot. Then, on his "albums", the producers have intentionally put the songs out of his range so that he does miss notes, which only adds to the hilarity.

In effect, everything the studio wizards do to make Ashelee sound good on her records, they're reversing for William Hung -- they do as much to make him intentionally sound bad as they do to make her sound good.

I'd bet the reality is that they're pretty equal. :)