PDA

View Full Version : Back from San Diego....finally

Dartgod
01-05-2005, 05:27 PM
After numerous flight delays and cancellations, I've finally arrived home to icy Kansas City. Despite all the problems, we had a great time. I've never been to San Diego before and with the exception of the Chiefs performance on Sunday, everything was awesome; the food, the sights and especially the Margaritas. Anyway, here's a few pictures from the game...

Dartgod
01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
2bikemike, Lisa and Dan (some friends of my wife and I), Endelt, myself, ChiefsFan5840, and KC Dan enjoying a pregame breakfast and margaritas at the Old Town Mexican Cafe.

Dartgod
01-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Dan, Dan, my wife Sophie, Lisa and Endelt at a tailgate party we crashed.

Dartgod
01-05-2005, 05:34 PM
More tailgating...

Dartgod
01-05-2005, 05:36 PM
More tailgating with 2bikemike, Endelt, ChiefsFan5840 and some girl that Endelt remembered he knew in San Diego at 3:00 a.m. New Years Eve.

Claynus
01-05-2005, 05:36 PM
2bikemike, Lisa and Dan (some friends of my wife and I), Endelt, myself, ChiefsFan5840, and KC Dan enjoying a pregame breakfast and margaritas at the Old Town Mexican Cafe.

ChiefsFan5840 is an Icy Hot Stunta!

Dartgod
01-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Some random game pictures.

2bikemike
01-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Wow sounds like the airline problems caught up with you guys on the way home too.

I would rub it in and say that the weather here is sunny and warm but I would be lieing. It fugging cold wet and rainy at least it will be in the next 24 hours.

Dartgod
01-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Wow sounds like the airline problems caught up with you guys on the way home too.

I would rub it in and say that the weather here is sunny and warm but I would be lieing. It fugging cold wet and rainy at least it will be in the next 24 hours.
I hear you. We did manage to dodge the rain most of the time we were there. Monday we went to the zoo and it rained the first 15 minutes and the last 15 minutes we were there. Other than that it was pretty nice. It was great to meet you and your wife.

4th and Long
01-05-2005, 06:20 PM
You guys forgot to do the Official Chiefs Planet Thumbs Up for those photos.

:D

RedNeckRaider
01-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Glad to hear fun was had and a safe return was made!

Dartgod
01-05-2005, 06:41 PM
You guys forgot to do the Official Chiefs Planet Thumbs Up for those photos.

:D
Dammit. Now I have to go back.

2bikemike
01-05-2005, 08:01 PM
I hear you. We did manage to dodge the rain most of the time we were there. Monday we went to the zoo and it rained the first 15 minutes and the last 15 minutes we were there. Other than that it was pretty nice. It was great to meet you and your wife.

Same here. Hope you can make it back out again sometime!

Deberg_1990
01-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Wow, looks like you guys had a great time. I would love to make it out there for a game sometime. My family and I had a great time in San Diego when we were out there in August. San Diego is nice and you cant beat the weather 95% of the time.

2bikemike
01-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Wow, looks like you guys had a great time. I would love to make it out there for a game sometime. My family and I had a great time in San Diego when we were out there in August. San Diego is nice and you cant beat the weather 95% of the time.

I would say 99% but I don't want to quibble. :D

KCJake
01-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Some random game pictures.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=36112
Is that Kris Wilson in motion? Or maybe its Jason Dunn.

2bikemike
01-05-2005, 10:51 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=36112
Is that Kris Wilson in motion? Or maybe its Jason Dunn.

In that picture you can't tell. But why do you ask?

Nzoner
01-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Welcome back.Good pics.

Hopefully someday I can make it back to San Diego,I loved living out there.

KCJake
01-05-2005, 11:06 PM
In that picture you can't tell. But why do you ask?
Just curious. I seen that he did get a few snaps. No catches though, right?

2bikemike
01-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Just curious. I seen that he did get a few snaps. No catches though, right?

Yeah he was in on several plays but to me it didn't look like Trent even looked his way. A couple times he was covered pretty well and a few he had gotten open.

He was in for at least 2 or 3 of the last games but I don't think he ever had a ball thrown his way. I find that very perplexing considering his pre season splash.

Phobia
01-05-2005, 11:58 PM
I hated San Diego. Tall, badass dudes in funny hats yelling all the time.

Can't get a decent haircut anywhere.

Paychecks blew.

The town sucks.

2bikemike
01-05-2005, 11:59 PM
I hated San Diego. Tall, badass dudes in funny hats yelling all the time.

Can't get a decent haircut anywhere.

Paychecks blew.

The town sucks.

Oh so you lived at MCRD?

Phobia
01-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Yeah. Longest 3 months of my life.

2bikemike
01-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Yeah. Longest 3 months of my life.

I work on the base and see those guys in funny hats yelling and scared chitless recruits all the time.

One of the funniest things I ever saw was this one DI who was about 5'7" and 140lbs yelling at this big recruit about 6'6" and 280. He was poking him in the chest and just going off.

Phobia
01-06-2005, 12:10 AM
I work on the base and see those guys in funny hats yelling and scared chitless recruits all the time.

One of the funniest things I ever saw was this one DI who was about 5'7" and 140lbs yelling at this big recruit about 6'6" and 280. He was poking him in the chest and just going off.

I used to laugh my ass off at those DI's. They couldn't break me of it. The Senior DI would take me in his office, close the door, and laugh at me. Kloster, why the **** can't you stop laughing at Sgt Villa-Real.

Sir, DI Villa-Real can't speak English. :D

He'd laugh at me and make me do some more pushups. And I'd laugh some more. I can't take a DI seriously when the MF can't speak English.

badgirl
01-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Holy crap, I wish you hadn't posted those, it totally ruined the Endelt I had in my mind, :rolleyes: but I'm glad you had a safe return for all of ya. :thumb:

badgirl
01-06-2005, 12:44 AM
ChiefsFan5840 is an Icy Hot Stunta!
ARE YOU FREAKING GAY OR NOT!!!! :hmmm:

Claynus
01-06-2005, 12:46 AM
ARE YOU FREAKING GAY OR NOT!!!! :hmmm:

Please compare:

http://www.ipgn.com.au/albums/Iggy-Poster/icy_hot_stuntaz_001.jpg

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=36106&stc=1

tk13
01-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Holy crap, I wish you hadn't posted those, it totally ruined the Endelt I had in my mind, :rolleyes: but I'm glad you had a safe return for all of ya. :thumb:
Okay, I'll bite, what was the ENDelt you had in your mind?... or do I not want to know that because it involves full frontal nudity.

badgirl
01-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Okay, I'll bite, what was the ENDelt you had in your mind?... or do I not want to know that because it involves full frontal nudity.
I don't know I had this young, good-looking stud with a goatee, he just looks kinda plain. And to you GoatCheese, yes I see what your talking about, but without the pic and all, you do realize why I asked the question. :p :thumb:

Claynus
01-06-2005, 12:49 AM
I don't know I had this young, good-looking stud with a goatee, he just looks kinda plain. And to you GoatCheese, yes I see what your talking about, but without the pic and all, you do realize why I asked the question. :p :thumb:

Yes, honey.

Phobia
01-06-2005, 12:50 AM

Oh - damn. This is gonna crush him....

I can't wait. I'm gonna PM him the link.

badgirl
01-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Oh - damn. This is gonna crush him....

I can't wait. I'm gonna PM him the link.
Good ROFL

ENDelt260
01-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Holy crap, I wish you hadn't posted those, it totally ruined the Endelt I had in my mind, :rolleyes:

Better looking in reality, ain't I?

ENDelt260
01-06-2005, 10:30 AM
he just looks kinda plain.

Sprinkles are optional.

ENDelt260
01-06-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm gonna PM him the link.

Liar.

Dartgod
01-06-2005, 10:33 AM
How much beer did you force feed Dan at the game? He was quite "entertaining" at the restaurant back in Old Town. Ask him to tell you about the bar in Kenosha, WI sometime.

ENDelt260
01-06-2005, 10:35 AM
I didn't forcefeed Dan anything. He's a big boy, he chose to drink those beers. And, no, I have no idea how many we had.

Kenosha, WI. I'll try to remember that.

Oh, here's the three or four pics I took. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2200929

chileanbolt
01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
As I read here Im glad to hear that everyone had fun here in SD. I hope everyone here treated you guys well. Sorry for teh outcom, I really thought you would beat us without our offense playing but the important part is that you guys had a great time.

Sorry for the weather, the last two days have been nice but this saturday its suppose to rain so im gonna have to actually bring a jacket, dammit! Next time you guys come down we should get together again in Old Town, I use to work at a south american retaurant near the Mexican Cafe so I could show you guys around if you guys would like.

If anyone REALLY likes margaritas I will have to show you a place fairly close to where you guys were.

Dartgod
01-06-2005, 10:41 AM
I didn't forcefeed Dan anything. He's a big boy, he chose to drink those beers. And, no, I have no idea how many we had.

Kenosha, WI. I'll try to remember that.

Oh, here's the three or four pics I took. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2200929
I know. Still he was pretty wasted. The best part was when he called his wife after we got back to our room and asked her why women can't flip bottlecaps (another story). The look on his face the next day when I asked if he remembered that was priceless.

Dartgod
01-06-2005, 10:44 AM
As I read here Im glad to hear that everyone had fun here in SD. I hope everyone here treated you guys well. Sorry for teh outcom, I really thought you would beat us without our offense playing but the important part is that you guys had a great time.

Sorry for the weather, the last two days have been nice but this saturday its suppose to rain so im gonna have to actually bring a jacket, dammit! Next time you guys come down we should get together again in Old Town, I use to work at a south american retaurant near the Mexican Cafe so I could show you guys around if you guys would like.

If anyone REALLY likes margaritas I will have to show you a place fairly close to where you guys were.
Everyone was real decent. I'm always interested in a good margarita. What's the name of the place you were talking about? All the ones we had were pretty damn good, but the ones at the Coyote Cafe were the best. They had about 100 different tequilas on hand, one that even cost $95 a shot. I saw a bottle of the same stuff in a liquor store for $1,425. :eek:

chileanbolt
01-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Dartgod, yea we defanintly know our tequila, the place I was talking about is a place we always go for christmas eve. Casa De Bandini. When you see these margaritas you going to nut in your pants. Biggest and best margaritas I have ever seen. Two of those bad boys and someone will have to carry you to the trolley.

Those pricey tequilas are really good but you can always get killer ones for way cheaper

ENDelt260
01-06-2005, 10:51 AM

On Saturday I had lunch at Casa de Pico. They've got some ridiculously large margarita glasses.

badgirl
01-06-2005, 12:01 PM
ok yea you are one hot MoFo. Your not bad, not bad at all, just not what I pictured. :p

BIG_DADDY
01-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Sure wish we could of made of made it. Looks like a good time with good people. Too bad the Chiefs didn't win for a you.